Arrow Electronics

Arrow Electronics Employee Reviews

Canada24 reviews
Great Place
Great Place and friendly colleagues. Though a lot depends on your individual manager. Exposure working with remote teams. Limited opportunity for growth and development.
Solid workplace - Be careful with Management.
This company has so much opportunity of being an incredible place to work. Unfortunately there are a few things that will take away from that.

The hardest part of the job:

Since Arrow is a publicly traded company - layoffs are always an issue. I worked for Arrow for 4 years and have run into 5 or 6 mass layoffs. You could be working there for 6 months of 10 years - if they need to cut costs for any reason - they WILL cut you with no notice.

No opportunity for advancement - If you're looking for opportunity to move up in the company, this is not the job for you. The 'veterans' in this office have been doing the exact same job for 10-20 years with no change.

Micromanagement - This is a big issue within this company. You will be micromanaged so badly, whether you're a poor performer or an All Star, to the point that you will begin to feel mentally and physically exhausted. Managers WILL get in your business, they WILL undermine your decisions in front of your customers, and they WILL consume you.

Sales Targets - Don't even get me started on this one. Just expect a lot of office incentives and also expect them all to not be met.

You get stat holidays off.. but management WILL harass you constantly to volunteer to work Stat Holidays.

The most enjoyable part of the job:

Colleagues - Management aside, the people you will meet there are all incredible. They're all going through what you're going through. No matter what kind of person you are - you will fit in in some way.

Free coffee - its not the best.. its often called office sludge.. but its
 - more...
This is a very good work-life balance. So many developing opportunities for the employees and the growth is awesome. They arrange training more frequently that one expects
Official response from Arrow Electronics
23 March 2020
Thanks for sharing your experience at Arrow. Thank you for your commitment and we hope you continue to grow your career with us.
Outside Sales
Frequent layoffs Favouritism displayed and nepotism is rife - people that are married couples should definitely not be working in the same company and should not be working in the same office. Lots of overtime Some people work very hard and others are out the door as soon as they can
N/a
Very enjoyable work place and very friendly co-workers opportunity for advancement close to my home it take only 20 min drive very good corporate culture.
Work-life balance/Salary/Security
Although there were a few questionable decisions made by upper management, working at Arrow was satisfying; to an extent. The salary was fantastic and the work-life balance, plus, flexibility of the schedule were major high points. The downside with working at Arrow is that, hierarchical advances were far few in between not to mention the toxic like “high-school for adults” environment within the office. In addition, management had the proclivity to play favour it’s and it was obvious. The detriments behind that was...they would not be as assiduous with the assistance that they provide with one employee as they would for another; regardless of the level of associated opportunity the “deal” may provide. It made it easier for individuals to not want to reach out to management for assistance on certain matters. This doesn’t mean that the managers were bad, it just means that there were habits that the collective group exercised that was in no way beneficial to the sales teams. The director was fantastic though. Great man!
An interesting and strategic company
I would rate Arrow as a good place to work. It is a great company to learn about manufacturing and distribution. The North American customers are large and dynamic and demand good service & sales support from their representatives in Halifax. This is an honorable job and I enjoyed my time there.
Good company, complex corporate direction
Good company, complex corporate direction. More focus should be placed in long term growth. Great manager and open coworkers. Would apply to the job again.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Arrow Electronics?
welcoming and warm atmospehere
Arrow is the largest company no one has ever heard of, with the nicest people everyone should know of. A great environment with a foray into a unique industry spanning all across the technological landscape. Arrow, a great place to start and end up.
Pros
no micro managing. you are treated as an adult and you are expected to act the same
Cons
a long wait to move upward
Large company - you were a number
The team at the Arrow office were great. But there was high turn over.
Arrow bought a number of companies, Wyle being one of them, with the same product lines. So there was job overlap and therefore it was easy to be replaced.
Pros
People and job/life balance
Cons
Job Security
toxic work environment and Horrible management
Your're nothing to them but as number they do not care about the well being of their employees. There is so much gossip and management plays favors. If you were lucky enough to be friends with one of the management team members then you can get away with any thing and every thing and if you dont then you are very much more likely to be to be thrown under the bus and ran over then fired. the will assign you the worse tasks and the worse clients and penalize you for anything they see fit.
Pros
nothing
Cons
everything
Great people
Great coworkers, positive work team-workload unmanageable. Change management is poorly orchestrated here, planning and execution of change is not well planned.
Company is Good
Now management has changed and now they are at growing path. one should join this company if one has longer stay goal with the company.
Good supportive HR and Team.
Pros
Saturdays are off
Cons
Good Salary
Very Nice organization
the company is great, and has lots of benefits, everybody is co-operative and lots of ongoing trainings to keep yourself updated to the latest market trends.
Productive workplace
Enjoyed the relaxed atmosphere but the work kept getting more intense. It was a fun culture where they brought in free food every now and then. Not much pressure.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
No Privacy
Great place to work, warm and inviting people. flexible hours
Great place to work, warm and inviting people. flexible hours. I learned a new skills that I could benefit from in my future.

Relaxed vibe. as long as you do your job, I loved that I had the option to work from home.

Thanks
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Company merged with Dell. This caused several positions to be removed. very sad. I loved it.
Fortune 500 company with good work/life balance
I've been happy to work for Arrow for the last 6 years except for the fact that my last 4 years have provided me with a very satisfactory job in a very unsatisfactory location and environment, with small to no room for growth and an HR/corporate lack of flexibility in terms of using today's technology to perform my tasks remotely rather than in an office environment. This last point has lead me to resign as I requested to be able to keep doing my job from a different city to where I will be relocating and the request was denied, even though my tasks require no interaction with suppliers, customers, teammates or management and all communication is done via e-mail, IM or web with very little phone interaction. For a company that claims to be 5 years out, it is actually 30 years behind in some of its politics and policies.
Pros
Good benefits, good hours, good salary
Cons
Not adapting to new times and technology despite its 5 years out motto
New skills
always able to apply newskills.Identified situations where new skills can be applied
Productive and fun
I learned so much from the VP and Operations manager, I looked up
to them and hope to some day be an example of their leadership.
Pros
Encouraging culture
Cons
long contracts
Great work place
Typical office environment
Great Management

Dealing with unhappy customers

liked my job

Learning new things, great opportunity for further training and education

Fun co-workers
Pros
Good work environment
Cons
Unhappy customers - not getting the service from inside sales
Excellent people oriented environment
I thoroughly enjoyed my 14 year tenure at Arrow Electronics. Arrow offered an excellent environment for career advancement, positive work environment and a management team that was supportive of collaborating with employees to meet mutual goals. Positive , fun , social networking events renforced the positive working environment
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Arrow Electronics. Our community is ready to answer.