Arpac Storage Systems Employee Reviews

Top notch
Tech (Former Employee) –  Delta, BC22 April 2019
I really enjoyed working here.
I only left as I moved to another province, otherwise I would have been here until I retired.

My manager was good, I liked having the extras with this job. Where I am now we don't get these. It was nice to mingle with the people I work with like the golf day, bbq's, and xmas party, it was nice to see a company go above and beyond.

Pay is good - much better than I find other places. Wish the benefits were better, especially the dental - it doesn't go far enough when you have kids. I like that we get paid time off for vacation, its nice to take a break and it not affect ur pay.
Pros
Job, pay, extras
Cons
Better dental coverage
Technician (Former Employee) –  Delta, BC25 March 2019
Great place to learn
Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Delta, BC18 March 2019
I was a coordinator here and really did like my job. I would say it is an average company, however they really gave me a chance and helped me grow and learn.

I was able to take on a lot of interesting work here and work with some great people.

I would definitely recommend people to work here, good work hours, I liked the team I worked with, was close to my house, paid well, lots of vacation time, and overall a enjoyed it.
No where else like it
Service Techncian (Current Employee) –  Calgary11 March 2019
I have worked here for a long time and got to say I don't think I will ever leave.
Good perks, get a van to drive to and from work, can always call for help if stuck on a job, a lot of freedom to make my own decisions. I like not having a manager breath down my neck every two minutes, they trust me.
My custoemrs are like my own and I get to know them, huge sense of pride when they ask for me by name and that they trust me to do a good job.
Pros
Customers, van, independance
Cons
Wish we could use company cell phone as personal cell too, not alot of managers so not much room to move up.
I liked it here
Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB8 March 2019
Good place to work, way better than where i was before.
Its like working with family, but you get paid for it.
Awesome benefits and i made good money, especially compared to other places out there.

I liked my boss, he joked around and was fun to be around. Got a ton of training, unlike anywhere else i have been.
I enjoyed it here
Service Technician (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB8 March 2019
I really enjoyed working here. My boss was great, it was like a family.
I got paid alot more here than my last job and the work was interesting.

We had fun too, bbqs and a golf tournament.
It was easy to get to and beenfits were awesome!
Up until the conception of the H/R dept it was a 2/5, now a 1/5
General employee (Former Employee) –  Delta, BC21 February 2019
My experince was degrading. It’s a non/union work place, that is long overdue to be unionized.
Speaking with other former employees the common
denominator is lack of respect, below average salary and a vey medical plan. Although they state they are a growing company, in fact there has been zero growth in number.
Personally I would do my homework in depth before making the same mistake twice.
Pros
Can’t think of one.
Cons
Lack of rank and file respect.
Very positive place to work
Parts (Former Employee) –  Delta, BC8 January 2019
I was at ARPAC for almost 2 years, and I can say without hesitation that it is a place that actually cares about its employees. There is always a huge emphasis on safety and well-being. They offer a great benefits package and there are plenty of perks like monthly BBQ's. There is always great support from management, with co-workers that are always ready to help train any new employee. Zero issues ever with this company. Cannot recommend them enough.
Thank you for everything.
Pros
The people
Fantastic place to work!
Dock technician (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB16 November 2018
I worked as a dock technician, wonderful people and great management.
I really enjoyed being a part of the team. I would recommend this place for anyone who has a head on their shoulders and has good work ethnic.
Pros
Interesting independent working environment.
Good perks!
Service Technician (Current Employee) –  Delta, BC29 August 2018
Arpac is a great place to work. I come from working in dealerships and this place is hands down the best. You get perks like a service vehicle, pay is good, benefits, rrsp's, and fun events like the Christmas Party. I like the work, learning a lot, tons of training, and the customers are nice. You get to know them and they get to know you. My manager is good, no issues there. Wish I would have come here before working in a dealership.
Pros
Awesome place to work
Admin (Former Employee) –  Alberta22 August 2018
I worked here for a few years and it was great. I kept busy, got to work on some interesting projects, and was given opportunities to learn and take courses.
I always could go to anyone to ask questions or advice.
The pay was average, great benefits, and they really promoted work life balance.
There wasn't a ton of room to grow.
I liked the location it was easy to get to.
Pros
Coworkers, managers, location, good culture
Cons
Not alot of room for advancement
Two faced
Road tech (Former Employee) –  Alberta4 December 2017
Multiple year employee, let go without warnings or notice. Took stress/medical leave due to a rule of no one allowed to take un paid vacations. Three months later let go after mentioning vacation and breaks on performance review, which never happened before dismissal. First few years were great untill they started pushing efficiency, meaning I was to either bill customers or sacrifice my personal time. For things like 15min breaks (even though the employee package stated 2x paid 15mins and 1x 30min unpaid lunch) was told by HR driving was considered a break haha. Washing, fueling, oil changes on company property-service van (excuse was saying not everyone gets a company vehicle). Company goes above and beyond to push culture and employee treatment image but will turn on you when you dont fit their business model. Suggested many new ideas regarding environmental practices and was made fun of in front of colleagues in service meetings for it.
Pros
Paid sick days (doctor/dentist dont count...)
Cons
Poor work/life balance, two faced management, horrible work functions, no bonuses or retention bonuses.
productive and learn alot of things
Warehouse Labourer (Former Employee) –  Delta, BC1 November 2017
great place to learn new things and supportive environment, management is also very supportive, very loud sometime because all products are metal and most are manufactured there
Great Place to Work
Admin (Current Employee) –  Arpac26 October 2017
Arpac is a great place to work. Management truly cares about your well being. The job is challenging but rewarding. There is lots of opportunity. The people are fantastic and are a family away from home.
Pros
Culture, position, and management.
Cons
None.
All about the management
Hsshhsh (Former Employee) –  Bshshhs17 August 2017
Worked here for 4 years and worked my a@& off and didn't even get a penny raise and soon found out this was not the place for me. manager excuses. Fff
average workplace
Storage (Former Employee) –  Delta, BC25 June 2017
job goes beyond the job description
poor planning and work structure
processes need improvement
nice and kind managers but average management skills
no motivation...
Pros
Cons
Overworked
Great Place
Technician (Former Employee) –  Delta, BC23 June 2017
I only worked for this company for a few months until a government job came up. To be honest I was torn on weather to stay or not. Found the people to be beyond helpful and nice. I really had no complaints. You are expected to work hard and independently so it may not be everybodies cup of tea. Coming from the automotive industry the place made me realize I should have gone this field years ago.
Pros
People
Mechanic
Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Delta3 June 2017
Worked here a few years back. The second morning on the job I was told I talked to much? The first day I spent 4 hrs driving from another territory... I should have drove home again that morning but I gave it a chance. Turns out I should have trusted my gut...management here is all about them they will sell you out in a heartbeat. I was here for 4 years and out of the blue let go? No , reason given...they like it when you kiss their ...you know... if you don't well good luck to you. They dead me the company line about how you start your day from your home ..no more commuting...that's good for about 2-3 months then it's " everyone has to drive to and from work and we want you to start your day at your first scheduled job". Even if it's 2 hours away!
That didn't go over well with myself so I pushed back say that's not going to happen...hence maybe why I got let go... even though the customer are loved me.
I should note that they change the rules often to suit themselves. Don't expect to be treated well here.
Like I said this was years ago now but I felt compelled to put a warning out good people that might apply here!
Pros
Cons
Poor management
Average job with poor culture
Reception (Former Employee) –  Delta17 January 2017
I initially thought this was a decent job but 2 weeks in a had a long time employee tell me "get out while you can". It was slowly proven that they do not invest or take care of their employees. Work load was fine but they do not genuinely care for their employees. Happy I am not there anymore.
Pros
Free lunches
The best out there
Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Alberta5 March 2016
I like woking for Arpac its a good environment, the people are friendly and support is there when needed.
It has its perks, vehicle, phone, bbq, health benefits and training programs.

If willing to work, show initiative, be independent and truthful you cant go wrong in a place like Arpac
Pros
Flexibility, Perks
Cons
Dept Communication

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Arpac Storage Systems. Our community is ready to answer.

Arpac Storage Systems Reviews by Location