Arpac Storage Systems

Arpac Storage Systems Employee Reviews

Canada28 reviews
Pros:
Safe

Sick days

Room for promotion

Lots of team building

Engineers rarely make errors

Co workers are awesome

Cons:

Pays little

As a beginner welder I highly recommend starting your career here. You’ll learn what it’s like to work in a shop that values cleanliness, safety and a work/life balance
The staff I got to work with was amazing, the sales and service side (forklift) the racking side we saw very little of but saw one a month for the monthly bbq. A well know factor known among the staff was that the managers were toxic bullies (parts and service) they would constantly yell and swear at eachother in front of their employees. They also were very buddy buddy with the HR manager which made their employees nervous and afraid to speak to HR about diffulties in their department
Pros
Bbq, benefits
Cons
Toxic culture
Management team push tech to work out side of the OHS guidelines, if you question and speak out the management team push you out
Putting profits over safety not a good look
I went in without much experience racking, they trained for quick understanding. The crew is very welcoming and easy going. Show up, do the job, everything will work wonderfully.
Comfortable place to work with little to no room for growth. If you’re looking for an easy going career with little stress it’s a pretty decent place to work. If you’re ambitious or want more than just a day to day grind this may get old as management does not seem to have much of a growth mindset.
The job is bad paid and they make you pay for Christmas dinner and will charge you a fee to finance the staff events. Some managers have absolutely no manners and can treat the employees pretty bad. It is a good place to build your resume but you will want to leave eventually.
All in all I'd say my time at ARPAC was just OK. I didn't hate it but I didn't love it either. It was a job I got bored of very fast and it wasn't mentally challenging at all. It's very monotonous and some people like that but I for one hated it. If you like to challenge yourself, look elsewhere. Working on forklifts for the most part is pretty easy. There's really nothing too them. They're easy to maintain and repair. Again, very monotonous and not challenging IMO.

The pay was good but don't expect a raise for a few years after starting. Benefits were pretty standard across the board compared to what I've had at past jobs. There's RRSP matching and they pay for your benefits. ARPAC hosts a monthly BBQ as well as multiple events during the year. Getting time off if needed isn't an issue. You get your own van with it's own gas card so you aren't driving your own vehicle much which was nice.

The company in general was great. Great support from HR, employees for the most part were easy to get along with and such but for me, certain areas of management I dealt with could be a lot better as well as with how they handle operations.

Management can be demeaning at times. I got verbally laughed at during a closed door meeting which rubbed me the wrong way and gave me a reason to leave ARPAC. I don't tolerate that from management, it's unacceptable IMO. A manager should be professional when it comes to talking to employees about issues. They shouldn't be smirking at you and laughing at you when you're trying to explain your side of the story. Not professional at all and this
 - more...
Worst place to work. You are bullied. Management was aware of the culture and didnt adress it just hid in their offices.
I really enjoyed working here.
I only left as I moved to another province, otherwise I would have been here until I retired.

My manager was good, I liked having the extras with this job. Where I am now we don't get these. It was nice to mingle with the people I work with like the golf day, bbq's, and xmas party, it was nice to see a company go above and beyond.

Pay is good - much better than I find other places. Wish the benefits were better, especially the dental - it doesn't go far enough when you have kids. I like that we get paid time off for vacation, its nice to take a break and it not affect ur pay.
Pros
Job, pay, extras
Cons
Better dental coverage
Extensive training was provided even though I had little experience with product knowledge. Coworkers were very very friendly and always willing to help. The hardest part of my job was not having enough knowledge for the products. The most enjoyable part was coordinating the rentals with customers ensuring the trucks were delivered/picked up in a timely manner.
Pros
own office, good hours
Cons
lack of knowledge
I was a coordinator here and really did like my job. I would say it is an average company, however they really gave me a chance and helped me grow and learn.

I was able to take on a lot of interesting work here and work with some great people.

I would definitely recommend people to work here, good work hours, I liked the team I worked with, was close to my house, paid well, lots of vacation time, and overall a enjoyed it.
I have worked here for a long time and got to say I don't think I will ever leave.
Good perks, get a van to drive to and from work, can always call for help if stuck on a job, a lot of freedom to make my own decisions. I like not having a manager breath down my neck every two minutes, they trust me.

My custoemrs are like my own and I get to know them, huge sense of pride when they ask for me by name and that they trust me to do a good job.
Pros
Customers, van, independance
Cons
Wish we could use company cell phone as personal cell too, not alot of managers so not much room to move up.
Good place to work, way better than where i was before.
Its like working with family, but you get paid for it.

Awesome benefits and i made good money, especially compared to other places out there.

I liked my boss, he joked around and was fun to be around. Got a ton of training, unlike anywhere else i have been.
Cons
I really enjoyed working here. My boss was great, it was like a family.
I got paid alot more here than my last job and the work was interesting.

We had fun too, bbqs and a golf tournament.

It was easy to get to and beenfits were awesome!
Cons
My experince was degrading. It’s a non/union work place, that is long overdue to be unionized.
Speaking with other former employees the common

denominator is lack of respect, below average salary and a vey medical plan. Although they state they are a growing company, in fact there has been zero growth in number.

Personally I would do my homework in depth before making the same mistake twice.
Pros
Can’t think of one.
Cons
Lack of rank and file respect.
I was at ARPAC for almost 2 years, and I can say without hesitation that it is a place that actually cares about its employees. There is always a huge emphasis on safety and well-being. They offer a great benefits package and there are plenty of perks like monthly BBQ's. There is always great support from management, with co-workers that are always ready to help train any new employee. Zero issues ever with this company. Cannot recommend them enough.
Thank you for everything.
Pros
The people
Cons
I worked as a dock technician, wonderful people and great management.
I really enjoyed being a part of the team. I would recommend this place for anyone who has a head on their shoulders and has good work ethnic.
Pros
Interesting independent working environment.
Arpac is a great place to work. I come from working in dealerships and this place is hands down the best. You get perks like a service vehicle, pay is good, benefits, rrsp's, and fun events like the Christmas Party. I like the work, learning a lot, tons of training, and the customers are nice. You get to know them and they get to know you. My manager is good, no issues there. Wish I would have come here before working in a dealership.
Pros
Awesome place to work
Cons
I worked here for a few years and it was great. I kept busy, got to work on some interesting projects, and was given opportunities to learn and take courses.
I always could go to anyone to ask questions or advice.

The pay was average, great benefits, and they really promoted work life balance.

There wasn't a ton of room to grow.

I liked the location it was easy to get to.
Pros
Coworkers, managers, location, good culture
Cons
Not alot of room for advancement
Multiple year employee, let go without warnings or notice. Took stress/medical leave due to a rule of no one allowed to take un paid vacations. Three months later let go after mentioning vacation and breaks on performance review, which never happened before dismissal. First few years were great untill they started pushing efficiency, meaning I was to either bill customers or sacrifice my personal time. For things like 15min breaks (even though the employee package stated 2x paid 15mins and 1x 30min unpaid lunch) was told by HR driving was considered a break haha. Washing, fueling, oil changes on company property-service van (excuse was saying not everyone gets a company vehicle). Company goes above and beyond to push culture and employee treatment image but will turn on you when you dont fit their business model. Suggested many new ideas regarding environmental practices and was made fun of in front of colleagues in service meetings for it.
Pros
Paid sick days (doctor/dentist dont count...)
Cons
Poor work/life balance, two faced management, horrible work functions, no bonuses or retention bonuses.