Aroma Espresso Bar Employee Reviews

Management is incompetent
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON4 May 2018
Scheduling would change constantly, I would frequently show up for my shifts only to be told that they didn't need me.

The owner needs better communication skills, as well as some basic compassion.

There either is no policy, or the existing policy is not followed, with regard to human rights and non-discrimination. This results in an occasionally hostile work environment.

The customers were usually great and I liked my coworkers, but the management ruined the whole experience for me.
Its okay
Kitchen Staff (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON26 April 2018
the shifts are kind of sparatic, and the lack of employees is troubling, but the people who work there are nice.
Working there during Midnight madness is pure chaos
Pros
Free hot drinks
Cons
not enough hours and cutting corners
Best management! Great team
Barista/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON23 April 2018
I loved working at Aroma Espresso Bar! I had an amazing boss who was understanding and stern but fair.

The team I worked with was also a diverse group of individuals who all had unique backgrounds, academically and in life. I made long lasting friendships from working as a barista at Aroma.
Fast Paced Espresso Bar
Barista/Server (Current Employee) –  London, ON14 April 2018
Cleaning and setting up for the day, baking pastries, bread and other items for the kitchen daily. managing between customers and fulfilling orders. Must have the ability to multi task.
Capable to use an espresso machine at fast pace.
Pros
Great coffee, friendly staff and customers
Cons
Really busy, short staffed, lots of cleaning
Great Management
Part time worker (Former Employee) –  Masonville Mall London11 April 2018
Great Management at the masonville mall in London. great people and a lot of fun. Great managers that are always on top of the store and are a all for the consumers.
Horrible management and customers
Barista (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 April 2018
It is a toxic working environment. The management is very poor and the working hours are never predictable. In rushing times it gets very stressful and besides that rude customers in this area.
worst work experience
Manager (Former Employee) –  North York, ON10 March 2018
never worked harder in my life for almost nothing.
Management just let me go based on a hunch of theft, and when I found their money, I was still accused of breakage and was let go.

Absolute insult of my intelligence and character.
Pros
food at discount
Cons
Very long hours, management isn't respectful
fun
busser (Former Employee) –  toronto on9 March 2018
nice had fun okay work had great fun with lots of people learned a lot from working in retail the customer service whas good overall nice place to work and start
Friendly workplace
Barista (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 January 2018
Very friendly environment to work in, you would typically take orders and the move up to dispatch where you set up the tray for the food and bag the out orders and then move up to bar where you will be making espresso drinks for the customers.
Pros
50% their expensive food
Cons
early opening shift
good place to work
Kitchen Helper (Former Employee) –  North York, ON30 November 2017
great people great enviorment to start as a partime job. very flexable with their hours and allow you to get time off to help you with school schedule.
Enjoyed working here very much.
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  North York, ON26 November 2017
Had a very friendly and motivating staff. Although I didn't make quite as much money as I did working as a bartender at a busy location (Smokey Joe's cafe), the experience I gained from being a shift manager was worth it. Unfortunately I had to leave to commit to my final semester of university, and I much rather work as a restaurant
or bar.
Nice place horrible management
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Woodbridge, O,19 November 2017
Two managers. One manager is okay the other is horrible. Constantly blamed for others mistakes and never properly warned or spoken to about any personal issues. However it is discussed with other employees who have no business in the matter. There is also extreme favouritism when it comes to shifts and treatment of the employees.
Pros
50% off
Cons
Horrible management
Good employee morale, lacking structure and management.
Cook (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON24 October 2017
Typical days are relatively simple as long as everyone does their job. Requires the ability to multitask and clean as you go. I gained some kitchen experience and learned to work relatively autonomously. Management needs improvement,
Pros
Enjoyable team
Cons
Lack of guidance
good work place
Customer Service Associate/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 September 2017
It was fun working here but lots of work pressure. Management is too strict. It is good for temporary employment. benefits are good like dental,medical,massages. the pay rate should be high according to the responsibilities. Owner said they will increase my pay after one months but they did not so I had to quit.
Pros
get 50% discount on meal
Cons
low wages
Insanely busy and horrible management
Kitchen Helper (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON20 August 2017
Typical day was always busy, management was never understanding or helpful. I received no training and had to stay hours after my shift was supposed to be over.
Pros
half off cold drinks
Cons
everything else
Team was amazing
Franchise Owner/ General Manager (Former Employee) –  Leaside, ON8 August 2017
The corporate head office was unclear and still in beginning stages in marketing strategies and helping franchisees to understand clearly what they wanted. I learned a lot about self management and working as a team, as well as training my employees and becoming a responsible and reliable team lead.

The hardest part about the job was communicating to corporate head office as they were usually unavailable and uninterested after our one month franchisee training was over.
Positive work experience in a fun environment
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON27 July 2017
Aroma espresso was a great company to work for. After training I felt like part of a family and I enjoyed the customers. Their espresso based drinks were excellent and I loved their coffee college. I also loved their food programs, which brought alot of Isreali elements to Canada that were both tasty and brand new.
Fun place to work at
Barista, Cashier, and Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON6 July 2017
Learned a lot of new skills consisting of time management and leadership. Fun place to work at because of the relaxed working environment. A lot of nice customers as well
Good teamwork and be responsibility
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON26 May 2017
Every one tried best to build a good team work and learned most of part really quickly. Also our manager provided wonderful workplace to us that let me work with happiness everyday.
fun place to be and gain experience
Front Supervisor (Current Employee) –  8 Park Home Avenue.19 May 2017
good job , but not for a long run for young people.
i enjoy talking with different types of professional people. they are all nice and mature enough to know what is happening around aroma, and if ever they dont they would assume inocence.
Pros
customers are all nice.... literally.
Cons
many task to be done