Aroma Espresso Bar Employee Reviews

Think twice before get a job there. Is a local coffee shop that want to be as bigger than Starbucks , but they don't have any idea about how to do it.
Assistant Manager/Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON15 January 2019
Is true that you can get experience, but the most of the time the owners or managers don't think to much about their employees so if are looking to grow inside a company this is not a good option.
Pros
Free coffee, learning about drinks
Cons
District managers are so unrespectful Whit their employee, dirty places, they don't pay on time and the paycheck always have missed hours
Unorganized training process and poor management
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON25 November 2018
I worked here as a line cook for a couple weeks and initially had an okay experience, however it quickly became clear that they didn't have enough people working in order for the new employees to learn. The location I worked at seemed to also have an extremely high turn over rate for new line cooks as i was told by one of my coworkers that they hired 5 new line cooks within the span of 2 months.

I was usually paired up with one other person in the kitchen and didn't really have opportunity to learn as during busy hours there is really no chance for new employees to soak in all the new information.

Although the manager was nice, it was a very high pressure situation as I was expected to be alone in the kitchen only on my 3rd week, and was given a number of closing duties that I was not prepared for.

Overall, although it was quite fun working with my coworkers, the training process was not thorough as there was no training system in place. It was basically job shadowing the entire time which means I had to learn everything at once with no an unorganized training process.
Pros
Good for someone who wants to gain BOH experience
Cons
poor management, poor training
it was ok
Supervisor/Key holder Barista/Server (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON21 November 2018
it was okay but it was very fast paced, breaks were super short and pay was minimum. management wasn't organized and lack of communication and i dealt with a lot of snobby customers.
Amazing workplace
Closing manager/ key holder (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON19 November 2018
There were never typical days at Aroma. Every day we faced either new challenges or difficult customers. However, cleaning, serving, and positivity was part of a daily routine.
I learned interpersonal skills and how to stay calm in a midst of an enormous rush, but still be able to get things done quickly and efficiently.
The hardest part of the job was facing very difficult customers.
The most enjoyable part of the day was getting to work in an amazing environment.
Pros
Discount
Cons
Bad customers
fun workplace.
SUPERVISOR/BARISTA (FULL TIME) (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON30 October 2018
Depending on your coworkers this could be a great environment to practice and perfect your barista skills. They even offer a certification process as a barista. (written and practical exam)
Customer Service and Barista
Cashier/Barista (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 October 2018
My responsible at Aroma was customer service and cashier, making all kinds of coffee and baking the pastry, and all kinds of preparation and maintain cleaning.
My workplace has a nice environment with a nice employer and employees as well as customers.
The most challenge was waking up every early morning at 5 am. However, I haven't never late and call sick. I really love coffee and I really wanted to make nice coffee for every customer. Therefore, I really enjoyed my work as a barista.
Not too bad not good
Barista, Casher (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 October 2018
Working condition was okay however management was really bad.
I sometime had to work 7 or 8 days in a row.
My co-workers are the only reason i was working there for.
Fast-paced environment
Barista, Shift Lead (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 September 2018
I appreciate being trained as a barista, where I learned to make different espresso-based drinks. The co-workers were friendly, and the store manager was professional. The coffeeshop would get very busy at lunch hours, however, and at times it felt like more staff were needed. But generally speaking, I enjoyed my experience working as a barista at Aroma.
Pros
50% discount on food while on shift
Cons
The store could benefit from more staff during rush hours
Great place to work at.
Busser/Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 September 2018
Working at Aroma was a good experience. Due to the fact that it is a corporation, the staff are treated well. The job was easy and involved a routine. The staff was respectful and the customers were great.
Pros
Great staff, close to home
Cons
The franchisee pulled out, therefore the store was left without proper management.
Friendly environment, friendly staff
Cashier/Cook (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON15 August 2018
I enjoyed the work, it was fun working the AM shifts. Was able to meet great people and gained useful skills along the way that I can now incorporate within my other careers in the future.
Aroma
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 July 2018
A very good job.
pretty busy
I enjoy working with my co workers as well as meeting costumers
The culture is mixed with a bunch of different cultures which is great
Terrible
Barista/Shift Lead (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON23 June 2018
The employees were great but the owners shafted me and other employees on tips and wages. Long hours with no breaks. Dirty and dangerous working conditions.
Pros
Free drinks when managers aren't looking
Cons
Very busy during breakfast and lunch hours only
Part-Time Kitchen Staff (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON24 May 2018
When it is busy, it is really really busy. This is usually only during breakfast and lunch rushes, gets worse in the summer when people are out and about. Other times are pretty calm and you can socialize quite a bit with customers and co-workers.
Management is incompetent
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON4 May 2018
Scheduling would change constantly, I would frequently show up for my shifts only to be told that they didn't need me.

The owner needs better communication skills, as well as some basic compassion.

There either is no policy, or the existing policy is not followed, with regard to human rights and non-discrimination. This results in an occasionally hostile work environment.

The customers were usually great and I liked my coworkers, but the management ruined the whole experience for me.
Its okay
Kitchen Staff (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON26 April 2018
the shifts are kind of sparatic, and the lack of employees is troubling, but the people who work there are nice.
Working there during Midnight madness is pure chaos
Pros
Free hot drinks
Cons
not enough hours and cutting corners
Best management! Great team
Barista/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON23 April 2018
I loved working at Aroma Espresso Bar! I had an amazing boss who was understanding and stern but fair.

The team I worked with was also a diverse group of individuals who all had unique backgrounds, academically and in life. I made long lasting friendships from working as a barista at Aroma.
Fast Paced Espresso Bar
Barista/Server (Current Employee) –  London, ON14 April 2018
Cleaning and setting up for the day, baking pastries, bread and other items for the kitchen daily. managing between customers and fulfilling orders. Must have the ability to multi task.
Capable to use an espresso machine at fast pace.
Pros
Great coffee, friendly staff and customers
Cons
Really busy, short staffed, lots of cleaning
Great Management
Part time worker (Former Employee) –  Masonville Mall London11 April 2018
Great Management at the masonville mall in London. great people and a lot of fun. Great managers that are always on top of the store and are a all for the consumers.
Very friendly working environment
Cashier / Dispatch (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 April 2018
Very welcoming staff. Flexible hours and work days. The perfect job for a student. The franchisee is very nice and welcoming and gives you time off for school activities and or personal issues or events.
Pros
Great boss
Horrible management and customers
Barista (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 April 2018
It is a toxic working environment. The management is very poor and the working hours are never predictable. In rushing times it gets very stressful and besides that rude customers in this area.