Aroma Espresso Bar Employee Reviews

Aroma
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 July 2018
A very good job.
pretty busy
I enjoy working with my co workers as well as meeting costumers
The culture is mixed with a bunch of different cultures which is great
Terrible
Barista/Shift Lead (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON23 June 2018
The employees were great but the owners shafted me and other employees on tips and wages. Long hours with no breaks. Dirty and dangerous working conditions.
Pros
Free drinks when managers aren't looking
Cons
Very busy during breakfast and lunch hours only
Part-Time Kitchen Staff (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON24 May 2018
When it is busy, it is really really busy. This is usually only during breakfast and lunch rushes, gets worse in the summer when people are out and about. Other times are pretty calm and you can socialize quite a bit with customers and co-workers.
Management is incompetent
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON4 May 2018
Scheduling would change constantly, I would frequently show up for my shifts only to be told that they didn't need me.

The owner needs better communication skills, as well as some basic compassion.

There either is no policy, or the existing policy is not followed, with regard to human rights and non-discrimination. This results in an occasionally hostile work environment.

The customers were usually great and I liked my coworkers, but the management ruined the whole experience for me.
Its okay
Kitchen Staff (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON26 April 2018
the shifts are kind of sparatic, and the lack of employees is troubling, but the people who work there are nice.
Working there during Midnight madness is pure chaos
Pros
Free hot drinks
Cons
not enough hours and cutting corners
Best management! Great team
Barista/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON23 April 2018
I loved working at Aroma Espresso Bar! I had an amazing boss who was understanding and stern but fair.

The team I worked with was also a diverse group of individuals who all had unique backgrounds, academically and in life. I made long lasting friendships from working as a barista at Aroma.
Fast Paced Espresso Bar
Barista/Server (Current Employee) –  London, ON14 April 2018
Cleaning and setting up for the day, baking pastries, bread and other items for the kitchen daily. managing between customers and fulfilling orders. Must have the ability to multi task.
Capable to use an espresso machine at fast pace.
Pros
Great coffee, friendly staff and customers
Cons
Really busy, short staffed, lots of cleaning
Great Management
Part time worker (Former Employee) –  Masonville Mall London11 April 2018
Great Management at the masonville mall in London. great people and a lot of fun. Great managers that are always on top of the store and are a all for the consumers.
Very friendly working environment
Cashier / Dispatch (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 April 2018
Very welcoming staff. Flexible hours and work days. The perfect job for a student. The franchisee is very nice and welcoming and gives you time off for school activities and or personal issues or events.
Pros
Great boss
Horrible management and customers
Barista (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 April 2018
It is a toxic working environment. The management is very poor and the working hours are never predictable. In rushing times it gets very stressful and besides that rude customers in this area.
worst work experience
Manager (Former Employee) –  North York, ON10 March 2018
never worked harder in my life for almost nothing.
Management just let me go based on a hunch of theft, and when I found their money, I was still accused of breakage and was let go.

Absolute insult of my intelligence and character.
Pros
food at discount
Cons
Very long hours, management isn't respectful
fun
busser (Former Employee) –  toronto on9 March 2018
nice had fun okay work had great fun with lots of people learned a lot from working in retail the customer service whas good overall nice place to work and start
Friendly workplace
Barista (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 January 2018
Very friendly environment to work in, you would typically take orders and the move up to dispatch where you set up the tray for the food and bag the out orders and then move up to bar where you will be making espresso drinks for the customers.
Pros
50% their expensive food
Cons
early opening shift
good place to work
Kitchen Helper (Former Employee) –  North York, ON30 November 2017
great people great enviorment to start as a partime job. very flexable with their hours and allow you to get time off to help you with school schedule.
Enjoyed working here very much.
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  North York, ON26 November 2017
Had a very friendly and motivating staff. Although I didn't make quite as much money as I did working as a bartender at a busy location (Smokey Joe's cafe), the experience I gained from being a shift manager was worth it. Unfortunately I had to leave to commit to my final semester of university, and I much rather work as a restaurant
or bar.
Nice place horrible management
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Woodbridge, O,19 November 2017
Two managers. One manager is okay the other is horrible. Constantly blamed for others mistakes and never properly warned or spoken to about any personal issues. However it is discussed with other employees who have no business in the matter. There is also extreme favouritism when it comes to shifts and treatment of the employees.
Pros
50% off
Cons
Horrible management
Good employee morale, lacking structure and management.
Cook (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON24 October 2017
Typical days are relatively simple as long as everyone does their job. Requires the ability to multitask and clean as you go. I gained some kitchen experience and learned to work relatively autonomously. Management needs improvement,
Pros
Enjoyable team
Cons
Lack of guidance
good work place
Customer Service Associate/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 September 2017
It was fun working here but lots of work pressure. Management is too strict. It is good for temporary employment. benefits are good like dental,medical,massages. the pay rate should be high according to the responsibilities. Owner said they will increase my pay after one months but they did not so I had to quit.
Pros
get 50% discount on meal
Cons
low wages
Insanely busy and horrible management
Kitchen Helper (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON20 August 2017
Typical day was always busy, management was never understanding or helpful. I received no training and had to stay hours after my shift was supposed to be over.
Pros
half off cold drinks
Cons
everything else
Team was amazing
Franchise Owner/ General Manager (Former Employee) –  Leaside, ON8 August 2017
The corporate head office was unclear and still in beginning stages in marketing strategies and helping franchisees to understand clearly what they wanted. I learned a lot about self management and working as a team, as well as training my employees and becoming a responsible and reliable team lead.

The hardest part about the job was communicating to corporate head office as they were usually unavailable and uninterested after our one month franchisee training was over.