ARO Inc

ARO Inc Employee Reviews

Canada77 reviews
If you can't handle being torn apart by strangers on the phone, just don't bother applying. Their "pay" is mediocre at best, they are salary, it wasn't even enough to pay for rent.
Good experience overall working at ARO. Fast paced work culture. Excellent manage team. Supportive staff and colleagues. Past call centre experience would be a plus point
The management favour employees who collect more money instead of helping others to do better, zero training, worked there for 13 years and did not get a wage increase the last 6 years! Some employees are bullies and will do anything to make you feel minuscule and management is fully aware of this! Terrible work environment
Worst management ever and stressful work environment. If you enjoy mental abuse daily and dont mind favouritism for senior employees in the bank section, this is where to work.
I enjoy my work. love working , friendly behavior. Collect payments on past due bills.
 Organize list according to severity of delinquency.

 Locate customers using credit bureau information, background checks, loan documents

 Call customers using telephone and set up repayment plans and new terms of sale.

 Ensure all customer information is correct, including phone numbers and addresses.

 Offer advice or refer customers to debt counsellors.
Beaucoup de possibilités d'avancement au sein de la compagnie.
Day to day was call files, try and reason with debtors to fully verify and receive their account information and convince them to set up payments for the outstanding amounts. The people in the office made it easier to deal with the belligerence of the people on the other side of the phone, A strong manager and solid team made the days fly by.
I was only hired for a specific skill. Did have proper training regarding the other types of clients/accounts. Management was not professional regarding a specific situation. would not work there again
Pros
Cons
poor management, no proper training
Bas salaires atmosphère morose.
Une boîte gérée trop familialement au lieu de professionnellement.
they are very understanding and welcoming and very very clean. I would surely reccomend ad go back def a good spot, very nice and I would recommenced. i enjoy it and would g0 backlj
It was a very nice time working at ARO INC. I had a good experience with the people over there and the management was very good, but the salary not so much.
it is a good ambiance but for the job that you are doing you should be paid a lot more. Some of the supervisors didn't know how to handle their employees nor had any good human interactions
Bonne ambiance a l'interne , toutefois le salaire est bas et aucune possibilité d'évolution
Depressing, stressful work environment. If you do not have good collection results they will find a reason to fire you. The president of the company was constantly yelling on his phone in his office adjacent to the common work space.
I loved the people, and my supervisors here! They are all amazing people with big hearts, and always open to chat, or give a hug on a bad day.

The biggest issue I had working here is that only a few teams are capable of making commission, but you are not aware of which ones till you are moved to them, without being asked.. So when hired they will tell you that there is opportunity for commission on every team, which technically is not a lie, but is misleading because its not the full truth either.

So for almost a year I was making full time cheques, plus my commission bonuses, but then I was moved to a different collection team that has never made commission because the margins are so high.

It does not give any incentive to come to work when your entire commission cheques are gone without notice, and no opportunity to go back to your original team..
Environnement de travail agréable, bon travail d’équipe
Pros
Bonne assurance collectives
Cons
Salaire minimum
Mismanaged,under payed,lied about the salary,very unprofessional environment,the only good part of the job was good fellow emopoyess and timing,wouldn't recommend anyone to work there
Pros
Good timing
Les performances individuelles et collectives sont valorisées
Pros
commission selon la productivité de l'agent
Cons
courte pause
I didn't think that collections would be for me, I was hesitant to take the job at first, but it turned out to be the best choice I made. All the employees are encouraging, friendly, and helpful in stressful situations. Management is upfront about changes and decisions so you wont feel left in the dark. HR is very upfront, honest about the position, and approachable when you need to talk, will provide help through any concerns and ensures a safe workplace. The supervisors are motivated to teach you all the necessary skills and will communicate thoroughly with you about performance in a supportive way. Overall one of the better jobs I've had due to my fellow employees. Its intimidating at first but it doesn't take like to get in the groove.
Pros
Quick and easy training, friendly staff, commission, supportive management, flexibility
Cons
Stessful clientel, the odd disagreement with coworkers
Great training! Management is super friendly and the supervisors are very helpful. Good work environment. Co-workers are awesome. The whole place feels like one big family! Very welcoming.
Pros
Long lunch break.
Cons
Can’t wear perfume.
A lot of people complain, but it is what you make it. There are plenty of good people here and it can be a good place to work. The money is good if you work hard, but you need to put the effort in. Most people don't put the effort in and that's the root of a lot of the bad reviews.

The Kelowna Branch is full of a lot of good people
Pros
Good job security, good commission
Cons
Stressful, must have drive