ARO Inc Employee Reviews

Environnement de travail agréable et productif
Collecteur (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC6 April 2019
Les performances individuelles et collectives sont valorisées
Pros
commission selon la productivité de l'agent
Cons
courte pause
Easy going staff and flexible schedules
Outsource Collections (Current Employee) –  Kelowna, BC18 March 2019
I didn't think that collections would be for me, I was hesitant to take the job at first, but it turned out to be the best choice I made. All the employees are encouraging, friendly, and helpful in stressful situations. Management is upfront about changes and decisions so you wont feel left in the dark. HR is very upfront, honest about the position, and approachable when you need to talk, will provide help through any concerns and ensures a safe workplace. The supervisors are motivated to teach you all the necessary skills and will communicate thoroughly with you about performance in a supportive way. Overall one of the better jobs I've had due to my fellow employees. Its intimidating at first but it doesn't take like to get in the groove.
Pros
Quick and easy training, friendly staff, commission, supportive management, flexibility
Cons
Stessful clientel, the odd disagreement with coworkers
Great place to work!!
Collection Agent (Current Employee) –  Kelowna, BC14 March 2019
Great training! Management is super friendly and the supervisors are very helpful. Good work environment. Co-workers are awesome. The whole place feels like one big family! Very welcoming.
Pros
Long lunch break.
Cons
Can’t wear perfume.
Good place to be
Administrative Assistant (Current Employee) –  Kelowna, BC13 March 2019
A lot of people complain, but it is what you make it. There are plenty of good people here and it can be a good place to work. The money is good if you work hard, but you need to put the effort in. Most people don't put the effort in and that's the root of a lot of the bad reviews.

The Kelowna Branch is full of a lot of good people
Pros
Good job security, good commission
Cons
Stressful, must have drive
Fuyez
Agent de recouvrement (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC13 February 2019
Si vous voulez troquer votre santé contre quelques dollars, c'est l'endroit idéal, sinon...
Environnement de travail
Agent de recouvrement (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC6 February 2019
Beaucoup d'harcèlement psychologique fait par les superviseurs, ressource humaine ne fait rien.
Conditions de travail a travailler
Pros
finir a 1hr les vendredis
Cons
salaire, environnement de travail
Dead end job thats emotionally draining
Collector (Former Employee) –  Kelowna, BC30 January 2019
It's really hard just getting up in the morning to go to work. The coworkers are nice for the most part but there are cliques in the office. Some mean girls that just gossip and talk so rudely about others in the office. All management cares about is getting money. Training sucks you're constantly asking questions to your supervisors who just look at you like you're stupid and should know the answer. You're treated like you're stupid if you call in and miss a day. The phone side of the job is horrible and stressful. People are extremely rude to you over the phone no matter how nice you try to be. It's emotionally draining and there's never any talk in the office about mental health or emotional support for this. The pay is trash for what we put ourselves through. People suffering in a collection agency deserve at least 15/hr. Working at a collection agency has honestly had me contemplating ending my life multiple times. There needs to be support in the office. Quiet spaces to be alone and calm down after a bad call and counseling support for free. It's the least they can do for their employees taking the abuse that they do.
Pros
Very few nice co workers
Cons
Everything else
long day on the phones
Kelowna, BC, Collections Officer (Former Employee) –  Kelowna, BC10 December 2018
a typical day is to be on a automatic call system all day long. makes it a very long day. You are obligated to work 1 night a week and manitory 3rd saturdays. Long hours. Stressful job with no perks. The only way is to get paid days off if you are bring in major comission which is extemely hard to get. The people at the kelowna branch are really nice people which makes it the only enjoyable part of the job. Breaks, lunch, etc are watched and timed very closely. The supervisiors there are over worked, and nice people. sick days are not paid, time off days are not paid.

The pay is really bad for the amount of work that is required.
Pros
people are nice
Cons
long hours, bad pay
My 1st call center
Agent de recouvrement (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC15 November 2018
This was my first call center
I was able to discover my passion for the customer service but it's not for everyone collection agent other then that I loved my time there
comfortable, possiblility for advancement - good
ACCOUNTS RECOVERY AGENT (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BC6 November 2018
comfortable, possibility for advancement - good

In order to get bonuses, you have to bring in a certain, almost unachievable amount, not encouraging
Pros
work on your own, trained til you are comfortable
Cons
unachievable goals for bonuses
Agent de recouvrement
Agent de recouvrement (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC26 October 2018
Un.endroit ou.vous etres traitees comme des numeros, quand vous etes.engagees ils vous parlent et souris , une fois sur le plancher c'est toutes autre chose , ne vous salue pas juste quand ca fais leurs affaires , regle les problemes sur le plancher et non dans le bureau , pas tres profesionnels . Je.ne recommande pas du tout.vous.meritez.mieux.
Pros
Les collegues sympa sitout
Cons
Tapis sale, bouche d'air au plafond insalubre, pas profesionnels du tout
Plenty of room for advancement
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Kelowna, BC2 October 2018
Ample opportunity for growth within the company - to learn different aspects of the industry, from salvage to team management to administration, if you're willing to put in the time and effort. Hard work is rewarded, with the potential for high monthly commission as well as bonuses and other incentives. The office is a community that feels like family, so it's not difficult to ask someone for a helping hand.
Kelowna branch is a great place to work
Member of health and safty committee (Current Employee) –  Banks collector27 September 2018
Positive fun working environment supervisors and support staff are amazing great commotion structure. Easy to hit targets. Good office to be apart of. I enjoy working here have been here for 3 years great new training program.
Pros
Great commotion and great opportunity for growth
Productive and result oriented.
Collection Officer (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON24 September 2018
ARO Inc., Markham Ont

I have worked for the company from 0ct 02, 2017 till June 29,2018 but have given my best of my performence thru my ability, hardwork, punctuality, result orientedand and achived the required result with in the minimum time period

Unfortunately the Company re-located to Burlington/Hamilton Area away from Toronto. Company closed the location laying off entire
crew.
Not worth my time
Collections Officer (Former Employee) –  Kelowna, BC30 August 2018
Pushed to punish people for their debts , was not able to be reasonable about the debt at hand , loads of pressure to meet targets, stressful overall.
Pros
nice lunch room - set breaks
Cons
having to work a 10 hour shift 1 day a week and saturdasy.. stressful.
Good place to work at but need to change many week pointes
Agent de recouvrement-Bell Mobilité-Bilingue (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC28 August 2018
Spoke to customers to negotiate payment plans and payment schedules that suit their current financial situation while still satisfying the debt
Kept customer files updated, recording times and dates that contact was made and noting information that customers had received about their debt
Prepared statements to be given to credit departments and banks when customers failed to meet their payment agreements or when no payment agreement was made
Dealt with credit agencies, insurance companies, lawyers, and customers’ employers to collect the debt when the customer failed to meet their payment obligations and failed to make payment agreements
Answered incoming calls from customers and other individuals
Educated debtors about methods of payment (e-transfer, online, direct deposit at the company account at the bank)
Negotiated settlement offers
Trained new employees
Customer Service
Collection agent
Recovery Agent (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC19 August 2018
Was suppose to cold call customers collect overdue accounts was pretty lame nothing interesting. I dit not enjoy my stay at Aro i would not recommend it this place.
Pros
great location press cafe under building in the metro
Cons
collegues were rude and not polite with me. for some reason
Various Security Levels work place
Receptionist / Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON4 July 2018
my typical day would be something like answering around 500+ calls and directing them to appropriate departments, screen calls, handle inquiries, responsible for correspondence and issuing of letters.
hardest part of my job was to walk the thin line between being an Administrator and liason with collectors.
most enjoyable part of the job feeling of accomplishment after seeing files close with either a PIF or SIF status
Pros
Talking to different people
Cons
Extremely High Stress Level Job
Don't waste your time here
Collections Agent (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BC21 June 2018
Management is a joke. Lots of bullying and favoritism. Minimum wage and no raises. Good co workers are the only perks. Over worked and under paid. Good place if you really just need a job.
Pros
Great co workers
Cons
Management, pay and workload
supervisor and manager are very helpful
Collection Agent (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BC8 June 2018
Working with ARO gave me an experience that i would never forget. It help me grow as an employee and as a person. The downside is this is not a job if you have no patience considering the angry debtors you will interact everyday. Salary is very low not commensurate to the degree of tasks we do. But I you want an office setting job for experience then this is a good place to start.
Pros
salary is very low
Cons
helpful employees

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ARO Inc. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8