Arnold Bros. Transport Ltd

Arnold Bros. Transport Ltd Employee Reviews

Canada16 reviews
Environment is relaxed and my boss was easy going and open minded about questions. Odd jobs around the yard and helping the mechanics in the shop. General duties include garbage removal etc.
Pros
Relaxed environment
Cons
Not enough compensation
If you stand your ground with dispatch it's a great place to work. You see lots of country and a lot of interesting people. They have an open door policy so you can talk to managment
management has no respect for drivers, most of the trips runs through weekends so no social or personal life. dispatchers and planners are so rude they don’t have respect for drivers. planners ask LCV drivers to go different locations for pick-ups drops, they don’t pay extra for this work, because they say pick-ups and drops are part of plan(even on worse weather conditions)
The people were good to work with. I enjoyed my years with the company. Its a fast paced and challenging environment that allows for job advancements and schooling
Pros
Good people
Arnold Bros. participates in various community events, raises money for charity. They try to creat a family atmosphere and some staff have been there over 30 years. I only left for a higher paying job, it was very hard to leave Arnold Bros.
I found that the management did not really care about most the staff, felt more like returning to highschool drama. i wouldnt not recommend this company.
Working at Arnold Brothers was good, the shop was clean all the time, i was hired as an apprentice first year for couple of months. I enjoyed working their.
I liked working here and would still be working for them if I could cross the border but I can't and no longer wish to. I got along with all the office staff. There was an open door policy with the original owner. He has since passed and it was left to his sons who split the company.
well its big company , I learned a lot here , the most enjoyable part in this company is their dedicated loads and because of these loads we have more time at home ,
Pros
dedicated loads
Cons
not friendly dispatch
Decent place to work. reasonable pay,good benefits. Shifts were not the greatest.
Shop is clean but small. Good equipment to work on.

Lack good shop manager.

Not hard work but very steady.
Pros
close to home and easy to get to
Cons
odd shifts
It did not feel like home. Dispatch has to improve a lot, many hours are wasted, it was not much left after road expenses and taxes. if you leave your things in the truck other people might use it for local deliveries
Pros
running Canada
Cons
long hours an most of them wasted on waiting
10 hour day.
5 days a week.

learned alot about how to work with heavy equipment.

great team to work for.

hardest part of job to get equipment loaded properly for trasnport.
Good management and support for skill growth and are open to all ideas to improve any processes.
Handled Claim files which required accounting reports.Dealt with public and government agencies. Provided month end accounting reports.
Fuel accountant duties, downloads and questions from owner operators fuel charges
My first long hall trucking company so I had to learn a lot from Driving for long hours,meet different customers ad being away from home for some days.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Arnold Bros. Transport Ltd. Our community is ready to answer.
2.9