Armtec Employee Reviews

Great work, poor managment.
Labourer (Former Employee) –  Mitchell, ON11 April 2018
Loved the work environment and the commitment to safety. Most days are low stress and enjoyable. Upper management does not value the employees anywhere near as much as in-factory management does. Zero job security, always felt like the next day could be my last - everyone at the factory shared the same fear. It was really tough getting handed a permanent layoff notice, I was very immersed in the the thought that I had a good career being built.
Pros
High pay, great benefits
Cons
Poorly managed, no job security
If you like to work, you'll make better than min. wage here.
Cement Repair Worker (Former Employee) –  Mitchell, ON22 March 2018
Pay and benefits were not too bad, nice raises were coming in each year, closed for a bit after Xmas (something I liked but others didn't), and because of the industry it is, it's not open weekends and holidays barring overtime days. Also no midnight shift...most of the time.

They fed us a bunch of times a year, gave us quality clothes and backpacks as well as a very helpful Holiday bonus gift card.
Pros
The abovementioned
Cons
The January closures, which vary in length, can be hard financially on families.
Was a very productive enviroment hard work but well worth it
Assistant Leader (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON14 March 2018
I appreciate all that I have learned I have leadership quality I never knew I had untill now the people were great and I loved the environment that was created amongst workers
Design Engineer (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON10 March 2018
I review contract drawings, provide the design for production and installation. I learned design here and been promoted from drafting to design engineer. Armtec gives a great opportunity.
Pros
N/a
Labourer (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON5 March 2018
Great place to work also a great place to move up. You work in a good team setting, great management.
Fast-paced. The best part of the job is is that you work with a crew.
armtec is horrible
sad worker (Current Employee) –  calgary23 January 2018
i have worked at armtec for 8 years little to no organization zero appreciation this company is a joke look carefully at the other negative reviews of anyone who has had the displeasure of working for armtec as a laborer,welder,carpenter,maintenance,forklift or crane operator i have read them all its all true those people tell the real story! the work culture is very toxic and the management are morons health,safety,quality are all dead last when it comes to production! I am looking for new employment i would strongly suggest people avoid armtec for a job or as a customer
Pros
a paycheck
Cons
sell your soul and your pride for that paycheck
Unfortunately they are closing the olant
Steel Tier (Current Employee) –  Richmond, BC11 January 2018
It's been a great place to work . Unfortunately at this time the land is going to be sole and they are shutting down the Richmond plant. So it's time to move on
Pros
Good work hrs
Cons
Commute
its okay
Labourer (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON9 October 2017
its an alright place to start if you have no experience or are just starting out in the work force. You have to be a dedicated worker and not slack off if you want to prove yourself and get anywhere with the company even if that means working on the weekends
Very good place to work too
Labourer (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB23 August 2017
I work with a lot of great people and got alone with everyone the supervisor was a good man and well appreciate by the work I done.the company work with their employees and they listen and they associated with us after hours
Pros
Free bbq and lunches
Cons
We work long hours
Canadian company and product.
Payroll Manager (Current Employee) –  Guelph, ON9 August 2017
The company is over 100 years old, I feel there is a market for our products, just need for the economy to turn around. We need to get our product more visible.
Pros
Canadian company.
Cons
Limited opportunities.
Welder/Fabricator/Fitter (Current Employee) –  Redwater, AB20 June 2017
I enjoyed working at this company . The hours were great and i enjoy what i do . Got along with the other workers there , they were great to work with .
Environnement de travail agréable
Représentante service à la clientèle (Former Employee) –  Montérégie, QC8 June 2017
Bonne compagnie mais malheureusement beaucoup changé les dernières années (nouvelles directions).
Quality Control
Engineering Quality Control (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB15 May 2017
Great work place
Good experience
All types of exposures to concrete
technical reports
help develop good experience with what to look for in quality control
Hard labor
Labourer/Lead Hand (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB21 April 2017
It was a good job, only thing was there was constant lay offs every year. I need something that will not have as much lay offs in a year. But the place was good, I recommend it to starting guys looking to get into precast concrete.
Amazing place to work
Supervisor/Inventory Manager (Former Employee) –  5598 Power Rd Ottawa20 April 2017
Boucher Precast Concrete Limited is the best company I have ever worked for! They have the most competitive wages in the industry as well as the best management team I have ever come across!
Pros
Greet staff
Cons
Everything is Amazing
a good place to work
Quality Control Technician / Acting Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Alberta3 April 2017
management are not good at all, seems there was an unfair treatment to people in regards with integrity and quality of workplace in short there was a favoritism because either a relative of superiority works around the area.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
in particular giving hours to people who know them as a relatively.
wouldnt recommend if you have any shoulder problems or you want hired on right away. Dont go through temps , go in yourself.
General labourer (Former Employee) –  Mitchell, ON27 March 2017
The time I spent there I had a great time. The time I spent trying to get hired on and be apart of the "team" was definitely not worth it. Temp agencies are great but you don't get paid the same as someone who got hired on off the street and you will spent a crazy amount of time and effort trying to get hired though a temp agency
Pros
crane ticket, garenteed work, great crew
over good working conditions.
Fork Lift, Cement truck driver. (Former Employee) –  Woodstock, ON14 March 2017
Outside work, working in variable working conditions overall good atmosphere. very physical lifting of rebar for prepping in bridge beams ,parking garages, and other infrastructure. also driving cement truck to pour various structures.
Pros
No bells or alarms for lunch and breaks Fresh air working conditions.
Cons
Cold winters Humid summers.
I had almost 11 good years here
Senior Mechanical Draftsman (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON8 March 2017
I worked with some great people here. The company CEO is a very personable man. He can be spoken to at any time about any issue. The office manager is worth her weight in gold.
Pros
Excellent office manager
Cons
No place is perfect
Real nice bunch of people to work with and after work as well.
Stores and Receiving Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON24 February 2017
Always a challenge coming to work as dates and priorities change on the fly. Learned alot about precast structures and their installation. Great location, 15min. drive to work.
Pros
great co-workers and suppliers
Cons
low morale and too much micro management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Armtec. Our community is ready to answer.