ARMSTRONG MILLING CO. LTD

ARMSTRONG MILLING CO. LTD Employee Reviews

Canada7 reviews
Armstrong Milling Co. Ltd
Employees are enjoyable to work with. I could only take vacation the third week of a month due to accounting deadlines, payroll deadlines and meetings. Enjoyed working with the staff.
Pros
Family environment
Cons
Long hours and only 1/2 lunch
Great place to work if you don't mind repetitive work , easy going people , easy going management
Worked here for about 2 years , only left because I found somewhere where I get paid way more per hour . When I was leaving they offered to try to to match my hourly rate in hopes of keeping me on , they couldn't match it . Would go back in a heart beat of the pay was better for the long run . Very laid back place to work , management is great . Weekends off is great , and no nights for 90% of workers , the 10% want to work nights . Free uniforms and boot allowance and decent benefits . Yearly paid dinners for your +1 and you .
Pros
Job security, atmosphere, benefits
Cons
Hourly wage, repetitive
Good Local Place to Work
Got a job here after school until I found something in my career. There is room for advancement if you try, and the majority of management are down to earth and will work with on things.
Pros
Job security
Cons
Repetitive Work in Production
Culture of fear
A successful business story with a great sales pitch for hiring. Despite self-proclamation of a "family" company, its core management is cut-throat and passes the buck.
Pros
steady customer base
Cons
job security
A growing company
AMCL started as a small family business 29 years ago, It has grown into the largest supplier of bird seed.

Management is value based and takes each decision seriously.

In general, the staff is knowledgeable and friendly. The upper management is solid.
Pros
Company culture
Cons
Moving from small business to corporate culture
fun work place
I loved working at Armstrong milling the people there were great.
Reliable small business
Very efficient at producing bird foods and shipping on time. They have intelligent staff members and know how to get the neccessary tasks complete.
Pros
Decent wages, good hours
Cons
Tedious work
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at ARMSTRONG MILLING CO. LTD?
Ask a question about working or interviewing at ARMSTRONG MILLING CO. LTD. Our community is ready to answer.
ARMSTRONG MILLING CO. LTD Reviews by Location