Armstrong Fluid Technology Employee Reviews

Avoid at all cost
Sales Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON16 March 2019
1)Management plays favorites and they are blatant.
The different treatment of the in-crowd vs the out-crowd is staggering
For example: Someone who is a fave.....gets to take days off (even beyond vacation allotment) and still be marked present while a "nobody" (virtually everyone else) don't get time off even if entitled.
2) Micromanagement at its finest. From the way you staple or file your paper, from your dots to your I's, from the way you answer your emails and your phone calls...everything is managed and monitored - they have an open office space specifically for that so they can see what everybody is doing
3) Like a military bootcamp, you can't even take a bathroom break when you need to go unless authorized and socialization is pretty much NOT allowed (unless you are in the in-crowd)
4) There is triage upon triage upon triage. You enter an order, and somebody is assigned a checker for your order and another checker assigned to your checker and everyday at lunch time there is a meeting to showcase the mistakes that you made
(Like so and so make 2 mistakes in the last 8 business hours, etc etc.)
5) You apparently cannot get sick or take time off to take care of the sick or even God forbid you have children (contract for example will not be renewed if you decide to go off and have kids....not written on the contract of course....but manager only tells you verbally so they can get away with violating labor laws)
Or else you will be fired.
6) Supervisor throws you under the bus to save himself and pretends that he's sorry that he HAD no choice but to do it
  more... Office politics at its finest. You vs. Them mentality prompts a lot of people to either quit, be let go or have a mental breakdown if working there for a long period of time. Turnover rate is quite high.

The only good thing I can say about this company is that they did me a favor by booting me out for taking a day off,
because the people I know who stayed and ultimately quit...told me they had to go to therapy because of the stress caused by this company.
Pros
No such thing
Cons
Where do you want me to start
Great place
Corporate Recruiter (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON21 February 2019
Great place to work. Challenging positions, friendly environment and would love to go back if there is an opportunity

There is no cons that I could think of.
Excellent work enviorment
Business Development Manager (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ON9 February 2019
Always an interesting work environment with friendly and helpful co workers. The company is highly focused on energy efficiency. Management is mindful of staff, with excellent opportunities.Ability to self educate with online tools.
Productive and fun workplace
Pump Assembly worker (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 October 2018
At first I enjoyed my time at Armstrong, coworkers were very kind and patient with new employees. management expects you to go above and beyond for the days work.
high turnover
Manager, IT Operations (Current Employee) –  Scarborough, ON29 August 2018
This is the corporate office and a manufacturing plant, so is very diverse in terms of people and many different department-types.
Most people at the office are pleasant and easy to work with, but, there seems to be quite a high turnover in staff.
Good Company to Work For
Technical Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON29 July 2018
Sales Management
Channel Management
Project Management
Technical Presentation to Consulting Engineers to form the basis of design
Site visit and analysis for design and build
Great learning grounds
Technical Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 May 2018
This company has created an industry standard for pumps, they are more focused on product development.

I am more sales oriented, so it didn't fit my needs.
Good workplace environment
Office/Warehouse Assistant (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON5 April 2018
Typical day included showing up on time and dealing with tasks that my boss asked me to execute. For example, organizing file rooms printing manuals, setting up showcases etc.
It is a good company to work for and is a healthy wrokplace
OEM Sales Manager, Ontario (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 January 2018
Armstrong has great products and is a well established company in Canada. I am currently enjoying the role I am in and work hard to achieve Sales targets.
Productive and fun work place
Mechanical Design Engineer (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON13 September 2015
Most days I get in early so I can get emails done and be ready for the project team meeting.
After that I apply changes on the project if there on or contact customer related to the project.
Fan wok place with running after work, about 30 minutes, generally Tuesdays and Thursdays.
Manager, Electric Motors and Electronic Design (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON13 September 2015
- a typical day at work: Good Morning to colleagues, opening the computer, check the emails, retain the tasks, discussion with my director, complete the tasks (review the specifications on electric motors, cooperating with Sourcing Department, Testing Laboratory, Service Manager, Pump Engineering etc.), lunch brake, complete the tasks (analyse the works issued by an engineer who reports to me, give indications to improve the work concerning project X, support colleague Y on application for PEO licence, meeting on Engineering Change Order, meeting on stage gate review etc.), complete the oro time sheet.
- what you learned: For a project on Pumps with Seismic Requirements, it was necessary a cooperation with a California company (Dynamic Certification Laboratories USA) and our directors guided me to find minimum 3 specialized test companies, to analyse their offers and choose the best at minimum price,
- management: I manage an electrical engineer that applied for PEO Licence. He recently received approval from PEO.
- your co-workers: I am a project leaded of a project and cooperate in good conditions with my co-workers to ensure the progress of the project (polite and tact full).
- the hardest part of the job: generally when I receive many urgent tasks, there are not sufficient information to make a proper decision.
- the most enjoyable part of the job: supplying good information, documented with standards/specifications, to my colleagues from buying, service, sourcing etc. and my director appreciate my work.
Pros
Some days with BBQ.
Cons
Some colleagues send to many emails without utility.