Fan wok place with running after work, about 30 minutes, generally Tuesdays and Thursdays.
Manager, Electric Motors and Electronic Design (Current Employee) – Toronto, ON – 13 September 2015
- a typical day at work: Good Morning to colleagues, opening the computer, check the emails, retain the tasks, discussion with my director, complete the tasks (review the specifications on electric motors, cooperating with Sourcing Department, Testing Laboratory, Service Manager, Pump Engineering etc.), lunch brake, complete the tasks (analyse the works issued by an engineer who reports to me, give indications to improve the work concerning project X, support colleague Y on application for PEO licence, meeting on Engineering Change Order, meeting on stage gate review etc.), complete the oro time sheet.
- what you learned: For a project on Pumps with Seismic Requirements, it was necessary a cooperation with a California company (Dynamic Certification Laboratories USA) and our directors guided me to find minimum 3 specialized test companies, to analyse their offers and choose the best at minimum price,
- management: I manage an electrical engineer that applied for PEO Licence. He recently received approval from PEO.
- your co-workers: I am a project leaded of a project and cooperate in good conditions with my co-workers to ensure the progress of the project (polite and tact full).
- the hardest part of the job: generally when I receive many urgent tasks, there are not sufficient information to make a proper decision.
- the most enjoyable part of the job: supplying good information, documented with standards/specifications, to my colleagues from buying, service, sourcing etc. and my director appreciate my work.
Some colleagues send to many emails without utility.