Armour Transportation Systems
Coronavirus update

Armour Transportation Systems Employee Reviews

Canada70 reviews
Mostly groceries
Equipment is decent not always the cleanest. Fixes as needed. Bosses are pretty good to deal with and flexible when possible. Overall a good place to start
Helpfull Colleagues and Dispatch Employees
While I work on a casual basis, I feel appreciated when asked to work. Colleagues and dispatchers provide great support and assistance when required to ensure my tasks are completed properly.
Work only 6 months per year. May thru October
I work 6 months on, 6 months off, deliver mail, do bank deposits, licencing, general delivery of small packages, etc. not stressful, very relaxing, long day. Work 50 hours weekly.
Great Management Team.
Na
Great place to work with awesome people. There are always lots of changes as the company evolves and the great employees always make it work so well it is crazy.
Horrible Management
Not a long term job, low pay and lots of drama. Trucks are poor and co workers are lazy. Wouldn’t recommend working here long term, just to get some experience.
Stay clear!
Stay away! Ignorant terminal manager especially at the Fredericton terminal! Very poor communication. They will rip you off and not pay you for some of the work that you do, such as pre trips and waiting for loads.
productive , fast paced enviroment
Good place to work, and learn...many different aspects of the business to learn, so your never bored. The people are good to work with , very helpful if you have any questions
Don't work here
There is no communication within any department. They will treat you like a work mule and the environment is very hostile. The pay is low and not competitive and you always have to watch the pay you get they will rip you off.
Armour is life
Want a career ? Armour will accommodate your every need and work with you side by side to better your own career! Great benefit, great people, and great improvement meetings to provide every worker with all the info they need, they even get opinions from all employees everyday and review they're productions. , Giving each employee a chance to talk and be interactive about simplifying the workplace.
Good place to work.
I enjoy working there. They are very accomodating. The pay is good and incentives are good. Equipment is good and no problem getting repairs done when necessary.
Pros
Good people to work with. Good pay and accomodating.
Cons
It doesn't matter what the weather is your work day goes on. If safe to do so.
Very poor workplace
Very poor company to work for very stressful very hateful workplace abuse verbal abuse workplace harassment.................................................
not a good place to work at
When I get I to work the first thing I do is turn on my computers and start looking through my emails, then i get my orders and what has to go for the day ready, then if I had to make any calls then clients about their inventory then i do that.
Pros
no pros
Not a good experience.
I had a very bad experience at Armour. The Armour family are very nice people, easy to work with but the management not too nice, a big lack of professionalism.
Poorly run
No organization. Stressful on employees. Overwhelming at times. Management does not appreciate good employees or hard work. Not a supportive environment to work.
its a stable job for some if you fit the criteria
not the highest pay and the management contradicts each other but its a secure job and will be a steady pay check which is all you can ask for in nova scotia. They also have more options
good place and good people to work with
always different things to do, I learn a lot about dangerous goods and what the requirements on dispatching drivers out with there loads. I like armour and wish I did things different.
out for themselves
Worked there for 35 years till I had my class 1 pulled due to cancer..represented them for 30 years in the APTA Driving championships both as a competitor and a judge and enjoyed it..was happy and proud to do it..have over 2 million miles safe driving..worked holiday weekends when others wouldnt...represented them in the Convoy For A cure...retired while officially still employed with them..was told that my retirement was not officially acknowledged because I didnt physically work right up to my retirement notice..guess its more important to save a few hundred bucks than acknowledge a longtime employee
Terrible experience
Never got to take breaks, was given no training for the job and management was very unfriendly. Some days I would be pushed close to driving past my hours of service. Last but not least, terrible equipment.
Cons
Good place
People are friendly and great to work with. They do a lot for the staff in appreciation (birthday cakes, pot lucks, baby showers etc.) The benefits are decent.
Great place to work!
Armour has been a great place to work! Great benefits! I love how supportive my manger is and how well you're treated! It has a great work life balance, flexible schedule and a family orientated company.
Horrible company
This company is the reason drivers wages are so low in the maritimes, they pay very poor for drivers but have contracts with the best paying companies to haul there fright for cheap the good paying companies don’t need to hire drivers for a living wage cause armour does it about 10 bucks pre hour cheaper win win for everyone expect the employees. If armour went away drivers would make 10 bucks per hour more in the maritimes because it would force the food companies to buy trucks and hire drivers
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Armour Transportation Systems. Our community is ready to answer.
2.8