Armour Transportation Systems Employee Reviews

Hired as a Temp to Cover Up for HR staff who were on sick leave.
HR & Payroll Assistant (Temporary) (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NB10 February 2018
Great Employer
Work-Life balance is great.
Culture is wonderful. People are lovely and work as a family.

If I have another opportunity I will go back to ARMOUR.
Stay away!!!
P&D Driver (Former Employee) –  Halifax Regional Municipality, NS1 February 2018
Do not work for this company! I made the mistake of doing so. Everything was a lie. Hours, days off. They do not care about safety even though they say they do. Go anywhere else.
armor
Forklift Operator- order picker (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON16 January 2018
great place to work, meet new friendly faces everyday. management is great. forklifts were always kept very clean and up to date. the work culture is very friendly and welcoming.
Too large of a company therefore just a number.
Driver (Former Employee) –  Truro, NS7 December 2017
When I had my accident, which couldn't have been avoided by any Driver, they deemed it preventable. They paid no attention to my accident report and came up with their own conclusion that it was preventable. I broke my shoulder and was about a year into rehabilitation when they let me go. I was expecting to go back to work.
You will be miserable
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NB2 November 2017
I worked at Armour in the Warehousing department. Management had very little respect for workers. Lots of bullying/ harassment from Supervisors/management.

It's a steady pay but very discouraging place to work. Very little to no effort from management team to reward or even thank hard working employees.
Pros
it's a job, small safety bonus
Cons
no sick days, no OT pay
Very poorly managed company
Driver (Current Employee) –  Sydney, NS17 October 2017
I'm current driver who has been employed with armour for nearly 10 yrs and would never recommend ever my worst enemy to work there I wouldn't want to see anyone have to endure the harrasssment that I did look elsewhere and do yourself a huge favor
Pros
In today industry there are none
Cons
To many to list
Very fast paste and a fun environment to be in.
Dock Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS16 May 2017
At Armour it's a whole new work world moving Freight up to all kinds and temp controlled Freight. Everything that you could possibly imagine on a good day that goes bad you need to come up with fast and quick solutions to fix/solve to keep freight moving at a timely matter.
Worst place I have ever worked
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Sydney, NS11 April 2017
The current job opening for straight truck P&D / Home Depot i did for armour transportation for 3 years. It was one of the worst jobs i have ever held and it wasn't the job itself it was the management within the company. I like the job and the work but if you are a good worker armour will work you to death or if you are a bad worker they let you go out and get away with doing little or nothing because they have a family to. Myself being a hard fast paced worker found myself out doing 2 to 3 times the deliveries than other armour trucks in the same area. would not recommend anyone to work with this company. This company also does not follow by the Canada labour code so don't expect to get paid what your entitled to.
Great place to work.
Parts Person (Former Employee) –  Sydney, NS24 February 2017
Love the work and the people I work with.No complaints.Good employee benefits. Inthe morning,I do a yard list.Check service intervals on all units.List for my boss.Enter work orders from the previous day and night.Check po requisitions.Issue po's and place orders
Poor company
Driver (Former Employee) –  Newfoundland and Labrador3 November 2016
I worked for Armour for 12 years. They have very very poor. Management. And the hostess chip pay is garbage. You don't get paid near enough. Trucks are keeped up
Pros
Cons
Poor pay
Good Equipment
Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS11 February 2013
Lots of home time, 4 days on 4 days off, 2595 miles a week.
Poor management, lack of communication, Simple questions like asking for customer addresse are a problem,
Pros
good miles good equipment
Cons
lack of communication
Easy going flexible and undestanding bosses
Manifester / Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NB5 December 2012
The president is down to earth and care about every worker. Good management, great company and people to work with and one of the best companiest I have worked with so far
Pros
occasionally free bbq, and sgreat afety bonus at the end of each year
Cons
good and flexible hours
Very flexible and productive work place, very family oriented.
Billing/Rating Specialist (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NB14 September 2012
A typical day at work included managing and rating 10 of Armour's top 75 accounts. Each day brought new challenges whether it was learning new applications or dealing with customers. The management at Armour was understanding and helpful. I enjoyed each and every aspect of my job. I really did not find any part of my job hard, I just faced each challenge head on and did my best to rectify the situation.
Pros
flexible hours
I drive a red truck..
Class 1 A E Heavy truck driver (Current Employee) –  Moncton, NB14 May 2012
I start around 11,p.m ,I deliver anywhere in the Maritime provinces,up to 30 deliveries a week I have been doing this for 7 years. In all that time i have never had one complaint from any of the customers,many have said I wish you could deliver here on a regular basis.With management , they ask I do, as a professional that is my job.The hardest part of the job is being controlled by hours.The most enjoyable part of the job,Early morning sunrises,being alone on a road in the falling snow.
Pros
free transport to and from work
Always have work to do
Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Moncton, NB7 April 2012
I love the job. Dispatching is a bit poor. For the job and responsability we do, we don't get paid the salary. Our loads or not as great as they may seem. Poor loading at dock. Trailer not always clean, as it can cause problems when delivering.
Pros
always have work