Armour Transportation Systems Employee Reviews

Excellent
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Bathurst, NB19 March 2019
Rien à redire les questions son toujours bien répondu
Terrible company, greedy owners
Warehouse,Courier and LTL Driver (Former Employee) –  Saint John, NB3 March 2019
Don’t work here. I worked here for over 12 years and never got ahead. If you work hard they will work you to death and if you say anything they cry about it. They expect you to work evenings and weekends if they need you even though you already worked 50-55 hours. And you don’t get OT pay, and the worst thing is, is that the pay wage is soo low you typically don’t have a choice.The bonuses you get are a joke and so are the benefits. If you do decide to work here go in with the worst attitude and do as little as possible you will be much better off in the end and screw up at least a few times per week so that way they don’t ask you work extra. They expect you NOT to want to book anytime off in the summer with your vacations and will ask you to change it if needed last second. Once a year there’s a meeting that’s mandatory to attend and surprise it’s NOT paid for. So after your shift or a Saturday morning 5-6 hours of your time is not paid, but at least you get a dinner...... the city equipment is absolutely garbage and is old or converted from older highway equipment. There’s no life balance from this company either you put up with the low daytime pay or go to the no life night pay. Which isn’t much better. You will never advance outside of where you start. Maybe in 20 years you can be a dock supervisor or dispatcher, and don’t expect those to be any better with shifts,pay and stress. They’re truly a horrible company to work for and would highly advise to steer clear at all costs.
Pros
Zero
Cons
LOW Wages, bad benefits No OT pay junk city equipment
Great people very fun workplace
Dock Worker (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NB3 March 2019
Worked there for 6 years...Great times...co-workers were great to get along with....bosses were good..,bonus structures were fair..,schedule was great as was as vacation package
Pros
Good scedule
Cons
Numbers can at times be difficult to reach
Beware!!!
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NL6 November 2018
Beware!!! I worked here for all of three weeks and was let go for taking home my truck so that I could clean and vacuum, I also stopped for groceries as that I would be sleeping, eating, living in my truck for five full days and nights...

My Run was from Port Aux Basque to St John's, and then central Newfoundland and East...
I was dedicating every hour I could driving 900+ kms daily, Completed all Training and paperwork necessary to become a full time employee and to think that my first week of becoming full time I end up getting fired for wanting to gear up my truck for the week ahead shocked me to say the least, I feel the jobs that were offered to me
(which I turned down thinking Amour was my future) would of been better opportunities because I can see now why they have so many job postings, I feel I've done nothing wrong to deserve to be terminated, without just cause and if I were to give anyone advice on a personal level, three weeks of wasted time, Beware!! Beware!! Beware!!
Pros
Cons
No appreciation, lots and lots of paperwork, employee turnover must be huge
Not an environment for women
Forklift Operator & Dock Worker (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NB29 October 2018
Not an environment for women. Being the first woman in 17 years to work on the dock with all men was the worst experience of my life. Was one of the best workers but management allowed to treat myself and others as badly as they wanted. From my experiences of working in other warehouses in the city, I've never experienced ever being treated this badly before.
Truck Driver - Class 1 (Current Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS10 October 2018
You can work flexible hours and extra days brand new facility to work in top-of-the-line equipment big 3 bay garage with full mechanic staff 24 hours incentive program Great management team and supervisors to talk to great medical and dental benefits and RRSP program safe driver bonuses fuel bonuses vacation time and also can bank time or money
Pros
Good equipment
Cons
Good hours
Very negative environment
Admin (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NB20 September 2018
The Administration team is awful to deal with. They don't care about workplace concerns or happiness of their employees. Everyone is just a number to them and are all replaceable.
Hired as a Temp to Cover Up for HR staff who were on sick leave.
HR & Payroll Assistant (Temporary) (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NB10 February 2018
Great Employer
Work-Life balance is great.
Culture is wonderful. People are lovely and work as a family.

If I have another opportunity I will go back to ARMOUR.
Stay away!!!
P&D Driver (Former Employee) –  Halifax Regional Municipality, NS1 February 2018
Do not work for this company! I made the mistake of doing so. Everything was a lie. Hours, days off. They do not care about safety even though they say they do. Go anywhere else.
armor
Forklift Operator- order picker (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON16 January 2018
great place to work, meet new friendly faces everyday. management is great. forklifts were always kept very clean and up to date. the work culture is very friendly and welcoming.
Too large of a company therefore just a number.
Driver (Former Employee) –  Truro, NS7 December 2017
When I had my accident, which couldn't have been avoided by any Driver, they deemed it preventable. They paid no attention to my accident report and came up with their own conclusion that it was preventable. I broke my shoulder and was about a year into rehabilitation when they let me go. I was expecting to go back to work.
You will be miserable
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NB2 November 2017
I worked at Armour in the Warehousing department. Management had very little respect for workers. Lots of bullying/ harassment from Supervisors/management.

It's a steady pay but very discouraging place to work. Very little to no effort from management team to reward or even thank hard working employees.
Pros
it's a job, small safety bonus
Cons
no sick days, no OT pay
Very poorly managed company
Driver (Current Employee) –  Sydney, NS17 October 2017
I'm current driver who has been employed with armour for nearly 10 yrs and would never recommend ever my worst enemy to work there I wouldn't want to see anyone have to endure the harrasssment that I did look elsewhere and do yourself a huge favor
Pros
In today industry there are none
Cons
To many to list
Very fast paste and a fun environment to be in.
Dock Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS16 May 2017
At Armour it's a whole new work world moving Freight up to all kinds and temp controlled Freight. Everything that you could possibly imagine on a good day that goes bad you need to come up with fast and quick solutions to fix/solve to keep freight moving at a timely matter.
Worst place I have ever worked
Truck Driver (Former Employee) –  Sydney, NS11 April 2017
The current job opening for straight truck P&D / Home Depot i did for armour transportation for 3 years. It was one of the worst jobs i have ever held and it wasn't the job itself it was the management within the company. I like the job and the work but if you are a good worker armour will work you to death or if you are a bad worker they let you go out and get away with doing little or nothing because they have a family to. Myself being a hard fast paced worker found myself out doing 2 to 3 times the deliveries than other armour trucks in the same area. would not recommend anyone to work with this company. This company also does not follow by the Canada labour code so don't expect to get paid what your entitled to.
Great place to work.
Parts Person (Former Employee) –  Sydney, NS24 February 2017
Love the work and the people I work with.No complaints.Good employee benefits. Inthe morning,I do a yard list.Check service intervals on all units.List for my boss.Enter work orders from the previous day and night.Check po requisitions.Issue po's and place orders
Poor company
Driver (Former Employee) –  Newfoundland and Labrador3 November 2016
I worked for Armour for 12 years. They have very very poor. Management. And the hostess chip pay is garbage. You don't get paid near enough. Trucks are keeped up
Pros
Cons
Poor pay
Good Equipment
Truck Driver (Current Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS11 February 2013
Lots of home time, 4 days on 4 days off, 2595 miles a week.
Poor management, lack of communication, Simple questions like asking for customer addresse are a problem,
Pros
good miles good equipment
Cons
lack of communication
Easy going flexible and undestanding bosses
Manifester / Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NB5 December 2012
The president is down to earth and care about every worker. Good management, great company and people to work with and one of the best companiest I have worked with so far
Pros
occasionally free bbq, and sgreat afety bonus at the end of each year
Cons
good and flexible hours
Very flexible and productive work place, very family oriented.
Billing/Rating Specialist (Former Employee) –  Moncton, NB14 September 2012
A typical day at work included managing and rating 10 of Armour's top 75 accounts. Each day brought new challenges whether it was learning new applications or dealing with customers. The management at Armour was understanding and helpful. I enjoyed each and every aspect of my job. I really did not find any part of my job hard, I just faced each challenge head on and did my best to rectify the situation.
Pros
flexible hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Armour Transportation Systems. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9