Armani Exchange Management reviews

fun workplace
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON14 January 2019
Fun and welcoming environment, everyone was comfortable with each other. Good management and staff. They work around your school schedule and whatever else you need.
Pros
good staff
A great workplace
Assistant store manager (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC30 October 2018
Good management team, that created a good work place. Motivated and driven team of staff that worked well together.
Only thing I'd like to see worked on is the salary
Overall a great place to gain customer service experience
CUSTOMER SERVICE ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON19 July 2018
over all experience:

- amazing work life balance. they will never let you work to the point where you are burnt out. they also want you to have a life.

- great management. They are more than willing to work with you on improvement and review daily goals prior to every shift.

- perks are really great.

- If you work hard enough, you will be given more than enough hours.

The only con is no room for advancement and a small amount of favoritism happens when it comes to providing the team with hours.
Pros
cheap uniform
Cons
no room for advancement
Terrible place to work
Brand Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 May 2018
Worked here for a very short period of time and became very ill during the holiday season. Management didn't care that I was hospitalized. Basically when I called in that day I was hung up on because I was in the hospital management didn't care and ended up terminating me with no written letter or reason.
Okay company, find better ones
Assistante Gérante (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC3 May 2018
Good experience to get into the field. But upper management was always pressurizing. NO COMISSION so sales associates only made basic salary. They asked for perfection always. NO weekend off for managers unless asked. There was no rotation or sytem installed so every manager could get at least one weekend off once a month. FREE UNIFORMS. GOOD INSURANCE AFTER 3 MONTHS. Don't stay.
good management
Sales Associate, Cashier (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON8 October 2017
Decent place to gain retail experience, gets busy at times but this helps the time pass. Great helpful management. Not salary based but they give you a good amount of hours.
fun work environment
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON6 October 2017
the workplace culture was nice. the management was very helpful with any questions that I might have, they made it really easy for me to be comfortable in talking to them regarding any issues relating to my work.I really enjoyed my time working there.
Terrible upper management and desinterested HR
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON28 June 2017
Very challenging environment. The team works on its own. Upper management and HR are awful. They will never respond to any concerns or to emails. The opportunities of advancement are next to none since they will always bring external people to take on the management roles. I would not waste my time with this company. Even though the discounts are a plus the price and quality of the clothing aren't good.
Pros
Co-workers
Cons
Awful and unprofessional upper management and desinterested HR
too boring!
Brand Ambassador (Former Employee) –  New Westminster, BC7 June 2017
Could have been much better, the manager was so confused herself and the staff was so rude. Didn't like it all. Would like to try other stores probably!
Terrible sales job, casual minimum pay little direction
Sales (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON1 May 2017
Terrible customers but management was decent. job involved very boring tasks and sales quotas unreasonable. Not a good place to work in even by sales standards. stay away
Fun place for students, but empty promises of growth.
Visual Manager (Former Employee) –  Metrotown, BC7 January 2017
This company is great for students. The hours are very flexible. However, Management is horrible. They promise to promote their employees to keep them but they never follow up on their promises. Always ask for something in writing. Never trust their promises.
Pros
Clothing allowance
Cons
The Company itself
Armani Exchange constantly changes management
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB21 September 2016
The change in management is constant as often managers find better opportunities elsewhere in terms of advancement. Management did not guide or lead the team in a adequate manner as management was strict and rigid which created tension between employees and management. Constant turn over was visible during my last couple months working there. On the other hand, the company's culture focuses a lot in customer service which is a big factor in their success and most employees were customer service oriented and everyone had great interpersonal skills which made it easier and comfortable for me to work there.
Pros
Great employees
Cons
Rigid and uptight management
Fun Work Culture
Brand Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON4 July 2016
I was happy to work for this company. If you are willing to try other tasks such as sales, window dressing, or stock. The management team will be willing to teach you various areas of retail.
Pros
Great Culture
Cons
Lack of review, and wage increases
Company going through a transition in need of better management
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON27 June 2016
I worked for Armani Exchange for a little over three years. I found the upper management to be quite disorganized which was extremely frustrating for me. I also found that the managers didn't focus on the development of their managers/teams as much as they should have. However, if you have the right district manager, this is an enjoyable company to work for. Competitive pay and benefits for managers, and clothing discounts.
Pros
discounts, pay, benefits
Cons
didn't appreciate their staff, you feel dispensable
Work Place is very self motivating. Great staff to work with, amazing clothing benefits
Full Time Sales Representative, Visual Aid (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 June 2016
- Opening and closing tasks of the store
- daily operations
- selling training
- stock and replenishment
- motivating staff and communicating ideas with management
- Merchandising and Product flow and placement

- I love creating, and bringing my visual ideas to life. I also love my client base I've created, and having them return to shop with me, and trust my opinions in creating the perfect wardrobe.
Pros
Amazing clothing packages. Seasonal free outfits
Cons
Long commute for me at current time.
no fun
Brand Ambassador/ Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 May 2016
customer service. sorting clothing.
I learned on my own,
management is races and rude. lots of favoritism.
co-worker immature. to much drama.
Fun People to work with and great customer service
Brand Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC16 April 2016
Learned a lot about customer service and visual work. Management was great, as well as co-workers, all very team oriented. Enjoyed having friendly customers.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
can get very slow depending on season
Enjoy it while it lasts..
Sales rep (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB8 February 2014
A typical day at work would be going up to the manager and seeing where you'd be placed in the store, either you'd start selling or you'd only greet for the meantime. I learbed how to talk to customers, making them feel good about themselves. Management was okay with teaching, but fun to be around. Co-workers were fun to work with, starting competition as time went by. Hardest part of the job was selling when it was "dead".Most enjoyable part was making a big sale.
Pros
flexible job
Cons
folding
Working hard and having fun in a fast pace environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON13 May 2013
A modern, cool looking store in Toronto's very own Eaton Centre. A typical day consisted of organizing the clothes and preparing the store for customers as well as interacting and helping the customers with questions and fashions tips. Multitasking at a fast pace helping customers, and organizing the clothes as well as sometimes cash. What I learned working for Armani Exchange is the different skills, such as working on cash, stocking up clothes and communicating with customers to help them, as well as folding clothes. Management was great, fun bunch as well as hard workers who helped me out a lot. The co-workers at Armani Exchange were amazing, mainly being University students who loved the atmosphere of clothing and interacting with customers, great team work to get the job done when it was closing, cleaning the store and preparing for the morning crew. The hardest part of the job would have been closing because the store would be a mess and the workers would have to make everything including me look perfect and sometimes we would have to stay an extra two hours past our schedule. The most enjoyable part of the job would be moving around interacting and helping with customers and as well as folding the clothes. I love interacting with customers to help them with there needs.
Pros
Receiving monthly discounts and one free clothing
Cons
Staying long hours past our schedule
fun work place, busy environment
Sales associate/ Cashier (Current Employee) –  New Westminster, BC30 May 2012
Working at Armani Exchange has taught me how to be quick and how to work in a fast pace environment. It can be very overwhelming at times but I have learnt how to come pass that. A typical day at work would be the management lets us know our goals for the day.my co-workers are wonderful, we all work as a team and maintain the store. I enjoy everything about Armani, the customers, my co-workers, the job itself is great
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
not enough hours