Armani Exchange Employee Reviews

Ambiance
Associée aux ventes (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC15 August 2018
Salaire minimum et beaucoup de pression est de mise pour atteindre la comission. Comission quand même difficile a aller chercher. Aucune possibilité de parler avec ses collègues sur l'heure du travail, même lorsque la productivité est de mise. TRÈS bonne compréhension pour ce qui de la conciliation travail/étude ainsi que pour les demandes de congés. Aucune possibilité d'augmentation de salaire pour les employés à temps partiel.
Pros
Bonne compréhension pour les demandes de congés
Cons
Comission difficile à aller chercher ainsi qu'une ambiance négative
Overall a great place to gain customer service experience
CUSTOMER SERVICE ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON19 July 2018
over all experience:

- amazing work life balance. they will never let you work to the point where you are burnt out. they also want you to have a life.

- great management. They are more than willing to work with you on improvement and review daily goals prior to every shift.

- perks are really great.

- If you work hard enough, you will be given more than enough hours.

The only con is no room for advancement and a small amount of favoritism happens when it comes to providing the team with hours.
Pros
cheap uniform
Cons
no room for advancement
Empresa dinâmica e agradável
Executivo de vendas e coordenação (Former Employee) –  Vancouver28 May 2018
O indeed é perfeito para o fluxo rápido e seguro de empregos. Empresa e empregados tem muito a ganhar!
Pros
Vale refeição
Cons
Trabalha de segunda a sexta até às 15h30
Terrible place to work
Brand Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON17 May 2018
Worked here for a very short period of time and became very ill during the holiday season. Management didn't care that I was hospitalized. Basically when I called in that day I was hung up on because I was in the hospital management didn't care and ended up terminating me with no written letter or reason.
Okay company, find better ones
Assistante Gérante (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC3 May 2018
Good experience to get into the field. But upper management was always pressurizing. NO COMISSION so sales associates only made basic salary. They asked for perfection always. NO weekend off for managers unless asked. There was no rotation or sytem installed so every manager could get at least one weekend off once a month. FREE UNIFORMS. GOOD INSURANCE AFTER 3 MONTHS. Don't stay.
great
SALES LEAD (Current Employee) –  square one31 January 2018
I worked at Armani Exchange part-time

Pros

Free clothing every new collection to a certain dollar amount. Great discounts there after, 75% off up to certain dollar amount, then unlimited 50% discount.

Cons

Minimum pay. Not many (1 or 2) of the sales associate are able to surpass the sale quota (even less in a consistent basis) in order to obtain comission. Specially if you are part time employee and you are given shifts when there is not a lot of traffic.
I put clothing as part of the pros, but even so, the pieces are not of great quality. Design, if you are into the street style, yes is good but material wise …

Advice to Management

Set up a better comission structure. Pay up. There is a lot of price margin ( the gap between cost to make - sell price is pretty wide) that will allow you to afford it.
Fun challenging workplace
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Laval, QC30 January 2018
Worldwide brand that. attracts many customers and creates relationships with several groups of people.
Very competitive yet friendly working environment where the managers are always friendly and helpful.
good management
Sales Associate, Cashier (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON8 October 2017
Decent place to gain retail experience, gets busy at times but this helps the time pass. Great helpful management. Not salary based but they give you a good amount of hours.
fun work environment
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON6 October 2017
the workplace culture was nice. the management was very helpful with any questions that I might have, they made it really easy for me to be comfortable in talking to them regarding any issues relating to my work.I really enjoyed my time working there.
Terrible upper management and desinterested HR
Assistant Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON28 June 2017
Very challenging environment. The team works on its own. Upper management and HR are awful. They will never respond to any concerns or to emails. The opportunities of advancement are next to none since they will always bring external people to take on the management roles. I would not waste my time with this company. Even though the discounts are a plus the price and quality of the clothing aren't good.
Pros
Co-workers
Cons
Awful and unprofessional upper management and desinterested HR

Want to know more about Armani Exchange?

Ask a question
too boring!
Brand Ambassador (Former Employee) –  New Westminster, BC7 June 2017
Could have been much better, the manager was so confused herself and the staff was so rude. Didn't like it all. Would like to try other stores probably!
Terrible sales job, casual minimum pay little direction
Sales (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON1 May 2017
Terrible customers but management was decent. job involved very boring tasks and sales quotas unreasonable. Not a good place to work in even by sales standards. stay away
Fun and Productive
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Square one3 February 2017
Good working staff, easy going usually busy in the evenings and weekends. Management was very nice. Culture is great. It wasn't really hard at all. Most enjoyable part was helping out customers find what they came in for.
Fun place for students, but empty promises of growth.
Visual Manager (Former Employee) –  Metrotown, BC7 January 2017
This company is great for students. The hours are very flexible. However, Management is horrible. They promise to promote their employees to keep them but they never follow up on their promises. Always ask for something in writing. Never trust their promises.
Pros
Clothing allowance
Cons
The Company itself
Great coworkers and a great place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 December 2016
Maximizing on customers and being able to create a complete solution for the customer.
upselling the customers.
interactions with customers throughout the day and with contineous merchandising was organizing customers in an orderly fashion to create and manage the customers and ensure full sales.
Very Experiential
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Eaton Center Toronto20 November 2016
I appreciate my work requirements, because It helps me learn and grow in my work experience. The team is very supportive and I meet great people each day.
Great atmosphere. King coworkers
BRAND AMBASSADOR (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON15 November 2016
Easy to work there, they train you very well. Strict on standards however they do give you more than enough time to get it done. They are also very good with scheduling around tests or exams if you are a student.
Pros
Uniform included
Cons
Square One can be hard to work in.
Armani Exchange constantly changes management
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB21 September 2016
The change in management is constant as often managers find better opportunities elsewhere in terms of advancement. Management did not guide or lead the team in a adequate manner as management was strict and rigid which created tension between employees and management. Constant turn over was visible during my last couple months working there. On the other hand, the company's culture focuses a lot in customer service which is a big factor in their success and most employees were customer service oriented and everyone had great interpersonal skills which made it easier and comfortable for me to work there.
Pros
Great employees
Cons
Rigid and uptight management
Fun Work Culture
Brand Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON4 July 2016
I was happy to work for this company. If you are willing to try other tasks such as sales, window dressing, or stock. The management team will be willing to teach you various areas of retail.
Pros
Great Culture
Cons
Lack of review, and wage increases
Company going through a transition in need of better management
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON27 June 2016
I worked for Armani Exchange for a little over three years. I found the upper management to be quite disorganized which was extremely frustrating for me. I also found that the managers didn't focus on the development of their managers/teams as much as they should have. However, if you have the right district manager, this is an enjoyable company to work for. Competitive pay and benefits for managers, and clothing discounts.
Pros
discounts, pay, benefits
Cons
didn't appreciate their staff, you feel dispensable

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Armani Exchange. Our community is ready to answer.