ARLA FOODS

ARLA FOODS Employee Reviews

cant be creative. dont promote ambitious workers. lot of fake management bs. lotsof promises about moving up but only management benefits at the end of the day. the preach teamwork and all one team but realistically its only when its convenient you will be apart of the "team"
Fun place to work learn lot of good things nice place for work. All the workers over there were very freindly. The company is really clean and tidy etc.
I used to work in Arla Foods more than 4 years. It is a good place to work and grow but operating management may vary from country and departments. Overall it’s a good company in the industry.
Pros
International career
Cons
Individual management may vary .......
I worked in the warehouse using low level Pick up truck. preparing shipments to shops. i learnt how the supply and demand works in the field of supply chain. was good organisation culture environment. the working hours were long and low temperature.
Record orders for the day, merchandise items in neat manner, regular checks to see if daily goals are met, friendly co workers, does get harder at peak periods such as beginning of month when most of out customers are restocking for the month.
The old manager that was there before was a good man the current guys is too much of a talkative and liar. If you're looking for a place to pass some time it's good.
Pros
Free cheese
Cons
Management is ridiculous
Fun place to work. Talented colleagues, cooperative atmosphere. No nonsense Scandinavian work culture. Lots of accountability. Slow career progression. Decent paymaster.
Professional and supportive environment. During my time at the workplace I was taught what to do and how to properly handle the work at hand. Plenty of work hours and great pay, I would recommend anyone looking for factory work to this facility.
I started Arla foods as a bulk farm tanker driver on farm collections at the Ashby dairy I also worked at burton inbound the hardest part of the job was getting out of the yard the rest of the shift was the most enjoyable job a person could do collecting milk from farms in the most rural and bleak of places that you wouldn't expect possible for a lorry get to it was a bit rough in winter but in the summer it was amazing I only left because from where I live it was a long commute to burton upon trent and I had a disagreement with a pillock in the office but the company itself is a 1st class company to work for and top pay I was proud to work for arla and I am glad that I have the fond memories of working for them
Pros
good pay easy work no stress
Cons
weekend work
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at ARLA FOODS?
Enjoyed the people in my team. Everyone believed in the product that they were selling. Management gets involved with its employees and listens to what they have to say about the organization and any suggestions to make change for the better. This company trys to be inclusive with all departments.
My top rated company to work for in terms of all around team. I enjoy my time at arla ever moment of it other than the up and down of fellow employees I ran into no objection with this company.Compensated well for you services and well rewarded for a job well done.
Pros
Salary benefits management and staff
Cons
Cold, Staff
The people that work at Arla are great. I loved working there. Great Cheeses. A very family driven company. I have nothing more to say
Pros
free cheese
Cons
management
I came from a call center customer service environment before coming to Arla Foods (supply chain). I knew nothing about purchase orders/logistics/planning etc..I learned a lot from Arla as my first company in supply chain. A typical day at Arla Foods was making sure all orders are on the system and there were no shorts and orders shipped on time.
Busy front desk with lots to do. Great management, who gave you new opportunities to learn and grow.
A typical day consisted of reviewing cheese quality in the morning and then trying to improve production through lean manufacturing techniques the rest of the day
Challenging and productive work place. Great experience.
Pros
Free cheese periodicaly
Cons
Very Long hours
My typical day at work was ok. Working with the sales team and central planning, warehouse depts was a good experience. The managment team was very awful experience I have ever had with a company, especially the manager of customer service. Certain things are swept under that carpet, and not addressed. From the experience that I had with the managment group, they have no idea what they are doing. The turn over at the Concord location is pretty high, and you want job security. There are so many recalls and the health dept is always at the plant. Overall, not a friendly day to day place to work.
All was great as I built great relationships with all the Sales Reps. Customer Service staff where not the great to work with. I had lots of responsibilities, which always made my days go by fast and everyday was different. If they were to make changes I's say start with the management for the Customer Service Dept
Pros
free lunches, free product
Cons
cold environment and csr management