Aritzia

Canada299 reviews

Clear
3.5Pay & benefits

clothesalecompetitivediscountclothinggirlboutiquecatty

Felt like my work at the company wasn't appreciated. However, It was a good work life balance and it was fairly easy. It was also pretty independent, you did most the work alone.

Great pay - terrible culture

Some great things working here but the thing that made me leave was how executives treat staff and leadership. Its embedded in culture to not say hi to everyone unless they're "your level".They hire you for your experience but when you get in they do not trust you and treat your YEARS of experience as nothing. Often treating me as if I was stupidHad enough of body shaming of myself and other employees

Pros

Pay, benefits

Cons

toxic

Insights into Aritzia

Areas for improvement
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Inclusive work environment
  • Time and location flexibility

I love working here but it doesn’t pay enough to be a main income

This job has caused me so much internal conflict because I love working here, love the team and love everything the company says they’re about. I have learned so much about how businesses run, sales, leadership and personal development but it doesn’t pay enough to support a basic lifestyle as your full time income. I spend majority of my time here, never go out on weekends or really do anything extra and somehow I still can’t afford anything in my life!!! It’s competitive to get full time hours and “full time” is never guaranteed unless you’re a manager. If you’re in sales it’s all based on your hourly sales average and if you have a bad week then chances are you’ll have less shifts coming up… (which isn’t really in your control like they make it seem, really it comes down to foot traffic each day and times of day you’re working) I really wish this position was more stable and reliable and wish the company actually cared about job security for its style advisors because we bring in so much income for the company but you basically need to work two jobs unless you’re in management. 😢

not worth it - the discount was the only good part

believe people when they say working at aritzia isnt the best, this position was super draining and no matter how hard we tried in our job it was never good enough. also i cant forget to mention how they are not flexible with availability!

Fun environment if you get the consistent hours which depends on the volume of your store.

You will only get a consistent hour role if you have these certain things: -dress fashionable-are hard working compared to other coworkers-have pretty much open availability-work at a high volume storeOther than hours, job is pretty easy. Basic apparel cleaning, store maintenance, shipping/receiving new clothing.

Pros

Work environment, "status"

Cons

Inconsistent hours, alright pay.

Great place to work but has it's downsides

The work is a bit overwhelming and the management and leads seem to do nothing while they expect the rest of the team to maintain the queues and sales goals. Was a seasonal employee and they let a good amount of us go without any notice.

Pros

Discount at stores and online, special memberships, and discounts for other places

Cons

Long hours, high-pressure work environment

productive, fun, CHALLENGING .

I was able to develop the most catered customer service techniques, Aritzia thought me a lot . It has a great culture and perks and the management is always there to help you

Pros

benefits discounts

Cons

short breaks for long days

fast paced work environment & competitive sales associates overall a fun place to work

fast paced work environment- helps to have experience in retail as aritzia is very particular in the way they operate & having a background in retail will help you adjust to the environment & help you make a good impression on the management if you semi know what you’re doing. proving yourself to the management is key @ aritzia

Pros

good discount, fast paced, fun music in back room & floor, fair salary- dont be afraid to ask for what you think your worth, fair hours based on availability

Cons

little to none basic training, stigma from social media as a toxic work place - can be toxic at times, new hires usually get the tasks no one else wants

like high school

hard to make connections, toxic workplace, good discount, like high school, not welcoming, very busy most of time and late nights when there are markdowns

Fun office and job tasks, however quite cliquey and unfriendly

Management at the head office is nice, very hands off but it was kind of refreshing. Don’t expect many smiles or hello’s from coworkers.. very tightly knit community. If you like to work alone this will be perfect. Decent pay, no benefits, option to work from home which is always a plus

Pros

Office supplies snacks, kitchen, is dog friendly

Cons

Unfriendly

Good place to start career

Overall I do recommend working for aritzia when you are starting to look into the workforce, but I do find the hours very unstable when on a part time contract, you could work 40 hours one week and 5 the next (not a steady income unless on full time contract). The working environment is kind of a 50/50 there aresome immature and some mature employees.

Pros

Free coffee and sometimes free food

Cons

High school like working environment (from employees behaviours)

Great Place to Grow

Aritzia is a great place to work if you’re willing to put effort and energy into learning how to do well and how to further develop yourself in your role. It can definitely be high stress at times but when you’re working with like-minded people who want to see you succeed, it feels worth it. The only con that I would comment on is that if you’re in management, there is a major lack of work-life balance.

Pros

Good discount, amazing staff, great benefits

Cons

High stress, little work/life balance

Competitive

You are required to meet a goal to sell every hour in Aritzia, but you do not get rewarded for it financially. You often get in trouble if you do not meet it. During my interview, they told me that I do not have to wear their clothes for work, however on my third week of working, they would ask if everyone is wearing the latest or Aritzia clothing. Being a student who is trying to earn money for school, my priority is to pay for tuition, and i wasn't going to spend my pay check on very expensive clothes.

fun to work, hard to advance

the benefits and pay make up for the lack of work-life balance and growth. If you're a favorite, you'll easily progress throughout the org. If not, watch out.

You either thrive in this culture or you don't

Highly competitive, a lot of concealed information within the organization. Constant divergence of responsibilities. This could vary within departments. The benefits are good, pay is adequate but a highly toxic corporate culture with a lot of secrets.

Associate Manager @ Aritzia

Great company to work for that truly cares about the well being of their staff. The only problem I ever had was with my Store Manager, and although it took some time, after a while the problem was finally dealt with. It’s fun to dress up, there are great clothes to purchase which makes us look good and feel good. Not really a work/life balance but that’s what you get when you sign up for retail! Great benefits! Very fast paced environment which can be stressful at times

Clothes and Discount

Good experience to see what fast fashion looks like, but as for the management and scheduling, could be better. Scheduling is dependent on your sales, so if you aren't driven to sell, be prepared for less hours. Discount is 40% which is pretty good, but you'll see that your paycheck goes back into the company.

Really good full time hours with good pay

This job provided great full time hours and good pay ($15 an hour for myself at least) however it was hard to balance with my social life since the hours could range from 6am to 11pm. There was always lots of different jobs to do some more stimulating than others but over all had a very pleasant experience here.

Pros

great pay, full time hours

Cons

far from home, not just one manager

Extremely competitive and high pressure sales

While the pay is decent and the discount is good, the job isn't fun. The girls are super competitive and catty, and extremely fake with clients in order to sell enough per hour. The management obviously had favourites, and they didn't communicate well. For just being a mall store, the sales pressure is way too high. Even if you're doing a great job, if one of the senior sales associates doesn't like you then you'll be fired. You're also not guaranteed hours and they base the schedule around who sells the most.

Pros

Discount

Cons

co-workers, communication, sales pressure

Disorganized company

Lack of organization from upper management, only a couple days notice for scheduling. Inconsistent hours, often super short (3 hours) shifts. Overall a very competitive environment driven by cattiness and a lack of trust between co-workers.

Pros

Discount

Cons

Aggressive Environment, Poor upper management

Nice place to work if you're lucky enough to land a permanent position!

As a boutique associate, the hours were awful. There are basically no benefits to this position other than a nice discount. Managers weren't very knowledgeable, and coworkers can be "difficult"!

Pros

The discount + a flexible environment

Cons

Benefits + markdown hours

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Aritzia. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.1 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement