Aritzia

Aritzia Employee Reviews

Competitive but rewarding workforce.At Aritzia, you will learn a lot as long as you reach out to managers and show that you are willing to take challenges.
only good thing is the discount and if youre lucky, there will be some people who are nice to you and give you tips on how to sell. there are some senior SA's that will definitely look down on you, making it hard to focus. hourly SPH is ridiculous, and if you dont meet that, they wont schedule you in. there were some days where i wanted to cry because i couldn't meet my SPH. transferring is difficult (in my situation i had to drive close to an hour, which ultimately meant i was making no money). management was a whole other joke lol. they will push you to make sales and it's embarassing. there is little to no training involved, once you're hired, they just throw you on the sales floor and expect you to sell. all of the weekly sales are posted in the backroom for everyone to see which can be discouraging, and humiliating at times.
Pros
discount
Cons
lack of training, toxic environment
Aritzia is a great place to work if you’re willing to put effort and energy into learning how to do well and how to further develop yourself in your role. It can definitely be high stress at times but when you’re working with like-minded people who want to see you succeed, it feels worth it. The only con that I would comment on is that if you’re in management, there is a major lack of work-life balance.
Pros
Good discount, amazing staff, great benefits
Cons
High stress, little work/life balance
This is the worst job ever. I've worked at aritzia for a while and it is easy to move up if you are motivated and driven. However, it's not worth it because most employees and managers are petty, immature, and love to gossip. The girls will hate you if you are good at selling making it such a toxic environment and I have seen so many of my other friends who work at other stores experience this as well. There is a lot of bullying in this company and HR does not do anything, so don't have hope that the environment here will change. Out of all the jobs I've had, this is probably the worst one and I regret working here.
Pros
Discount
Cons
Toxic Environment
Fun place to work, lots of different things to think about on the floor. Selling can be stressful and you’re either good at it or you’re not. The managers are incredibly positive and encouraging! There’s a lot of opportunity for advancement within the company if you’re eager.
Pros
Great discount
Cons
Stressful, angry customers
Truth be told, you will either thrive in this environment or you will find it debilitating. The business model of this company is structured on women competing with other women, that is how they grew from the very beginning and that is how they continue to grow. This is coming from the perspective of a sales associate, the worst position you could have. You will only thrive if you are able to sell a lot, your sales are tracked hourly. The schedule is built on a hierarchy model where those with the highest sales get the most hours. However it is also reflective on how this company sees you, your value is based on that Sales Per Hour target. New girls are coddled, they have a pretty high retention rate. Girls at the top of the scheduled are valued because they can sell. Everyone else in between is treated like trash. Not to mention if the company wants you gone, rather than terminating you, they go through the process of force quitting you by driving you to the point where you feel there is no other choice but to quit. There is no room for transition if you are a Sales Associate, it's hard to find people to sell, so once you're in that position there is no chance you can move to another role. If you ask to move, they will always make up an excuse, something along the lines of you needing to be an 8/10 in your role. It's not worth the discount.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Everything else
Most of the managers there are very unsupportive and only focuses on “opportunities” and does not encourage the employees at all. They treat them like trash. Some of them are really mean and unprofessional.
Pros
Discount
Cons
Very poor management skills
I have worked with the company for 9 months. Pros: -great music, on the floor and in the backroom -great discount (40-50%) which goes a long way at aritzia -working in the back is nice because you avoid the direct customer service -I actually have no complaints of a toxic work environment everyone was really friendly and fun except for the some management members Cons: -management has favorites and they will get all the fun tasks, if you are a new hire expect to do all the b***h work, including "health safety advisor" tasks which require you to wear a lab-coat and sanitize the whole floor/steam enormous loads of products. -IA's work very hard to get "units-per-hours" processed for no real incentive except to keep a high score and keep getting scheduled for shifts. -You do all the work the sales team and management don't want to do like: cleaning up after try-ons, cleaning the floor, maintaining the floor, running product from shipments and fulfilling orders. -Pay runs from $16-19 and I was on the lower end of the spectrum. Ask for more if you get an interview.
Pros
Music, Co-workers, Discounts
Cons
Slave labour, poor management, favoritism, pay
I cannot stress how terrible this job and company is to work for. Terrible management and scheduling system, not a fun environment at all. going to work everyday gave me extreme anxiety. I was told by some friends who previously worked for Aritzia that the job is not worth it, but I thought how bad could it actually be? Terrible, absolutely terrible, yes the discount is great but not worth it in the slightest, and I will never actually shop with that company again knowing how the employment works and feels. Save yourself the stress and anxiety and apply anywhere else.
Pros
nothing
Cons
everything
Everyone is super catty and the favorites are often friends with the manager so not everyone gets equal treatment. Cried almost everyday beacuse it was so stressful too be honest. Higher ups are very mean and racist so one of them so fired recently.
I have been purchasing from aritizia for ages before I even applied for this job. I have heard that the associates were sales oriented, and I have also experienced a few unpleasant incidents where these so-called "Style Advisors" won't even offer help or greet you unless they see customers holding/trying on a lot of items. Either way I was still thrilled when I got the opportunity to work for my favourite fashion brand. And I soon realized that my concerns and unpleasant experiences were true and right-which is very disappointing. The most enjoyable aspects of this job are the discounts and music. I can understand the good reviews that are coming from stock associates (backroom storage, mark down teams, inventory related work, etc). However, the environment on the sales floor is very toxic, girls constantly gossip about each other, get angry/jealous when others get sales. Managers in store get annoyed when you ask them questions, and take very little time/patience to explain. New sales associates are isolated and hard to make sales because there are other girls who have been there for ages. These experienced girls will give you cold looks and also get super annoyed when you ask them questions-just like the managers. After a while, you would get somewhat insecure/nervous to even ask them any question because you know you would get a cold feedback that is not helpful in any way. Some of the talent managers in this company are also very insincere. Them call to "check" upon you just because it's their job to do so not because they care. They avoid answering serious/confrontational - more...
Pros
discounts, good music
Cons
toxic and gossipy environment, very insincere/ignorant management team, pushy sales tactics, very little room to grow in the company
It was easy to meet new people and it was fun to work there. I also adapted quickly because the managers were nice and made it simple to work with. I was never bored.
I really enjoyed my time with Aritzia. They had a good leadership team and provided lots of opportunities for growth. I was in charge of roughly 60 people every day. Aritzia is industry leading when it comes to distribution and logistics. I would highly recommend this company for anyone looking to get into Distribution. You will be learning from the best
Productive and fun workplace. Friendly management and colleagues who are always ready to lend a hand when needed. Learned a lot about the retail industry there.
I enjoyed working at the Aritzia Warehouse Sale. From my experience, I learned how to manage my time wisely, work effectively and efficiently with a team, as well as how to communicate.
If you are driven by sales, this is the job for you. Big emphasis on achieving hourly sales goals. Fast-paced environment, competitive teams. Be ready to compete for client
You are required to meet a goal to sell every hour in Aritzia, but you do not get rewarded for it financially. You often get in trouble if you do not meet it. During my interview, they told me that I do not have to wear their clothes for work, however on my third week of working, they would ask if everyone is wearing the latest or Aritzia clothing. Being a student who is trying to earn money for school, my priority is to pay for tuition, and i wasn't going to spend my pay check on very expensive clothes.
I learned a ton working with some very smart people to solve really cool problems. Downside is limited guidance and development from senior leaders. Vague job descriptions result in heavy scope and massive workload with very little work/life balance.
In Toronto the vast majority of locations are great work environments and the company provides great pathways to build a career from a part-time position. Upper-management form the most part is there for you and ready to answer questions from just general standards to step to move laterally.
I worked a seasonal part-time job as a Boutique associate. It was a stressful environment from the Management constantly ordering you around, they act as if they can easily replace you. The interview process was fairly quick, I was interviewed by the store manager. She mostly asked me about my availability and what I've done successfully within my previous jobs. Many of the associates were two-faced. The sales associates mostly talked badly about the Boutique associates in the backroom. I didn't really feel welcomed what so ever. So if you have a passion within yourself and fashion I would recommend this place 100%, but if your fashionable and care what others think about you I would definitely not recommend this job. The discounts were 30% off, which in my opinion was not worth the benefit, due to every product costing over $100. Seasonal is a perfect boost job for the holidays, but if you need genuine money, and don't currently work, I would recommend you search for other jobs. They didn't give many shifts and if they did, it would be up to 7-9hr long. In two weeks you'll have 0 shifts, then the following week you'll be packed. I mostly re-folded clothes, ran clothing from fitting rooms and do markdowns as well as pricing for new shipments.
This was my first sales job. They provided me with sales training anyone can use in any role. I worked here throughout pursing my university degree. They are trained sales woman who somewhat care about fashion but because senior people are paid on dollar amount sold it really is just like any commission based sales environment. Intense and competitive. Bit cult like since all the clothes eventually look the same and the woman use the same lingo etc. I can imagine quite fake, luckily not too bad in my experience. Was catty at times but I learned a lot about sales from this role. Also had the best manager of all times when I was there we are still friends.
  1. Employee reviews