Aritzia
Happiness score is 39 out of 100

Aritzia Employee Reviews

Canada289 reviews

Aritzia DC (warehouse)

It’s a warehouse so expect a warehouse. Pay is alright and it can get fast paced during peak season and is otherwise slow and sometimes employees get sent home early. Lots of opportunities for extra shifts/picking up shifts.

Not fun, repetitive, long shifts, terrible system

First off, this job was not fun, the warehouse has good pay but was terrible. I was either folding clothes *perfectly* for 8 hours or folding boxes shut and taping them for 8 hours, it may sound easy but wait till you learn about the system at which you have to work at a certain pace or you'll get a talking to.

concierge advisor

stressful and high expectations. there was little to none work/life balance due to their schedules they give you to choose from. managers arent helpful whatsoever ever.

Fun-place to work

Working for aritzia can be very fun and rewarding! The team I work with happen to get along really well and were always supporting one another despite the difference in roles. Management had a no nonsense rule to gossip and always made sure to check in regularly to make sure everyone was okay.

Low pay and highly competitive

This was my first job out of high school, and everyone at the store I was working at had worked with Aritzia for 5+ years. Though low pay, you were expected to make your sales per hour and would be pressured to do so. Catty culture similar to being in high school, and often finding other sales associates stealing your sales because everyone is in competition with one another, including store management. Ended up leaving the job in 3 months time, was not a great balance with having a full time school load.

A lot of rules and expectations

A lot of expectations put upon you. Only give you a few shifts and expect you to increase ur sales in the span of two shifts. So pretty unfair in my opinion; would make more sense to give the employee multiple shifts so they can actually reach goals gradually.

Competitive

It was a competitive work space. People will not help you because people have their own personal goals and agenda. There are cliques within the stores. Get pushed around

Fun workplace with plenty of opportunities to advance

Management was super supportive and invested in their employees. They reward employees generously, you just have to work hard to meet/exceed your sales goals.

Great company

Aritzia truly cares about the well-being of all their employees. I felt valued and respected and I’m proud to say that I’ve worked for Aritzia. Great work!

Productive and fun place to work

The team was very helpful and welcoming. They allowed growth personally and within the company. Definitely would recommend working for this youthful company

Fast paced and competitive

If you can handle the fast paced and competitive environment you’ll thrive. You’ll need thick skin as well. Alot of people come and go. Also it is hard to balance life and work.

Competitive Environment

Started off at Aritzia, then moved onto one of its boutiques. In all of my time spent there, I can say the only good things about it were the discount, and I met some nice people. Managers micromanaged and it was a stressful environment. It was very competitive and they push you to sell, as a new associate you start off with a sales goal per hour of around $300 which isn't that hard so don't feel intimidated! It can be difficult to work with coworkers at times since they try to accuse you of stealing sales or making attempts to which was annoying. SPH can increase and you can have your hours increased, but this is an hourly position with no commission. I personally wouldn't recommend working at Aritzia. It was difficult to have a proper work-life balance and there's a lot that must be done to which they do not pay their employees enough for.

I love working here but it doesn’t pay enough to be a main income

This job has caused me so much internal conflict because I love working here, love the team and love everything the company says they’re about. I have learned so much about how businesses run, sales, leadership and personal development but it doesn’t pay enough to support a basic lifestyle as your full time income. I spend majority of my time here, never go out on weekends or really do anything extra and somehow I still can’t afford anything in my life!!! It’s competitive to get full time hours and “full time” is never guaranteed unless you’re a manager. If you’re in sales it’s all based on your hourly sales average and if you have a bad week then chances are you’ll have less shifts coming up… (which isn’t really in your control like they make it seem, really it comes down to foot traffic each day and times of day you’re working) I really wish this position was more stable and reliable and wish the company actually cared about job security for its style advisors because we bring in so much income for the company but you basically need to work two jobs unless you’re in management. 😢

Extremely stressful workplace with negatively competitive coworkers

I've worked at Aritzia on two separate occasions at two separate boutiques. Both experiences were horrible and extremely stressful. The first time I worked there, I went home crying most nights. The girls that work there are extremely competitive but not in a constructive way. People are constantly trying to steal others' sales through dishonest means, and managers push you to force yourself onto a customer instead of connecting with the customer organically. You feel constantly pressured to nab a customer because if you don't, someone else will get the sale. The high competition makes it hard for customers to feel appreciated as a person rather than a sale to be grabbed at. SA's come off as disingenuous and this is a fatal flaw in Aritzia's image. Unfortunately, the only thing I enjoyed about this job was the decent pay (18 an hour but they make you negotiate), and the employee discount. The worst part of the job was your coworkers who are clique-y and unhelpful at best. They also track how much you sell per hour (you must sell atleast $300 p/hour) and then use it to pit people against each other. Turnover rate is also insane because people can't stand this job for long. The only people that have stayed are the long term catty SA's who have overseas clients who order hundreds of one item and then sell it overseas, allowing the SA to make a big big sale.

Lack of work life balance and growth.

The company culture is definitely overwork yourself to death. I wish the paychecks compensate for the lack of work life balance and growth but it just doesn’t. I feel demotivated whenever I get into work

not worth it - the discount was the only good part

believe people when they say working at aritzia isnt the best, this position was super draining and no matter how hard we tried in our job it was never good enough. also i cant forget to mention how they are not flexible with availability!

Not worth it

I worked here as a Seasonal Concierge Advisor. I wouldn't recommend it.This was the most stressful job I have ever had. I often found myself crying because I couldn't take the work load. Phones and e-mails are okay. But live chat is horrid. You have to chat with 3 different customers at a time, and ensure your notes (after each chat) do not take longer than 3-5 minutes. It's literally impossible. The timeframes they give you to finish a task are insanely unreasonable. And the micro-managing! You constantly have managers messaging you, pressuring you to finish your task/customer interaction quicker.Managers/channel leads literally do not help at all. They NEVER want to take a call when a customer asks for a manager. They don't want to do the hard part of being a manager! One of my co-workers asked a manager to take a call because an upset customer was asking for a manager. The manager literally outright said "No, I am not taking the call". So shameful! They have built a culture where managers leave you to handle all customer escalations, and they barely provide any support!!Don't even get me started on "quality assessments". You are throughly criticized on your work and the criticisms are incredibly unreasonable. The quality managers are just looking for anything negative to say.Also, prepare to be criticized by all senior Concierge Advisors. They will literally take any opportunity to criticize anything you do, and it is so annoying.This job isn't worth the stress.

Fun environment if you get the consistent hours which depends on the volume of your store.

You will only get a consistent hour role if you have these certain things: -dress fashionable-are hard working compared to other coworkers-have pretty much open availability-work at a high volume storeOther than hours, job is pretty easy. Basic apparel cleaning, store maintenance, shipping/receiving new clothing.

Pros

Work environment, "status"

Cons

Inconsistent hours, alright pay.

If you like a challenge and are a competitive hungry go getter you can thrive in the environment.

The company culture can be a shock and take some getting use to but if you commit it can be rewarding. High turn over for a reason and definitely not a place for everyone but you will know within the first three months if it’s the right fit for you. The location you work and the current management you are under can make or break your experience as I’ve heard the staff/management at other locations was brutal but I was lucky with the location I was assigned.

Pros

High potential for promotion, Commission once you qualify, Great management and team (if you lucky), Nice clothes and discount, Make friends

Cons

Unpredictable hours, Competitive sales (can be very confrontational), Very sink or swim environment, Very hands-on hyper management of all levels, stressful

Fast paced, stressful, lots of support though

Worked at head office and it was really chill! You do your own work and deal with customers of all sorts. Management is on top of helping you if you don't know how to solve the problem. They teach you everything you need to know.

Pros

Supportive team Sitting down Make your own calls

Cons

Stressful Long hours Lots of screen time

Great place to work but has it's downsides

The work is a bit overwhelming and the management and leads seem to do nothing while they expect the rest of the team to maintain the queues and sales goals. Was a seasonal employee and they let a good amount of us go without any notice.

Pros

Discount at stores and online, special memberships, and discounts for other places

Cons

Long hours, high-pressure work environment

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Aritzia. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.1 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement