Aritzia Employee Reviews

Disorganized company
Floor Manager (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON8 March 2019
Lack of organization from upper management, only a couple days notice for scheduling. Inconsistent hours, often super short (3 hours) shifts. Overall a very competitive environment driven by cattiness and a lack of trust between co-workers.
Pros
Discount
Cons
Aggressive Environment, Poor upper management
Sales Advisor
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON26 February 2019
Very competitive environment. The staff are not friendly to each other. Managers are condescending. Making 300 quotas and getting rated for that. Belittling staff with the "reward system" by having staff names on a board, and every time they make quota or exceeded for the day they get a sticker. Clearly showing those who have not achieved goals meaning an invasion of confidential information of staff
Highly disorganized and unprofessional company
Distribution Associate (Former Employee) –  New Westminster, BC17 February 2019
I was a seasonal employee at the Aritzia Distribution Centre in New West. This company is highly disorganized with enormous flaws in communication. They promise seasonal bonuses and rewards but fail to provide them when it comes time. On two occasions I worked a set number of hours to receive Aritzia gift cards and despite meeting the requirements, both times they tried to get away with “accidentally mis-counting” them. Had I not emailed them several times and showed up to work on my days off to demand my earned rewards, they would have tried to rip me off. As a matter of fact, I am currently still short a gift card and I’ve been waiting for over a month now for it, despite reaching out to HR several times. There are numerous other flaws in this company, including unrealistic expectations by management, accompanied by limited on-the-job training for new employees. All in all, I would not recommend employment with this company, as it is highly disorganized, unprofessional, and lacks communication.
Pros
Bonuses and free lunches
Cons
Lack of communication, highly disorganized, extremely unreliable and unprofessional
Amazing!
Markdowns (Former Employee) –  Pointe-Claire, QC19 January 2019
I was hired for markdowns for seasonal. It was a nice, calming environment. I worked before the store opened and didn't have to worry about serving people, or getting in someones way. The girls were really nice! I also enjoyed the employee discount!
Pros
employee discount, nice people, good training, teamwork
Cons
early mornings, short shifts
Square One shopping centre
Cashier and Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON27 December 2018
not a good place to work ,My boss was not a good person there was a tense atmoshpere I was never certain of my hours and they had to check our belongings when I left I didnt care about that but they didnt really show me my shift scheduale and that was concerning
Pros
discount on clothes
Cons
people have to be reported cus they come in and steal
Great co-workers. Otherwise pretty bad
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Ontario17 December 2018
Co-workers were generally awesome. Absolutely terrible management, at times hostile and extremely unorganized with scheduling and their general job expectations. Schedules came in scribbled and often days late. From the get-go, it was very unclear as to what the expectations were. I felt left in the dark for months. Give them full availability, you'll still get weeks with no hours. Be prepared to live a life "on call", where you'll be texted when a bizarrely timed, usually short shift becomes available, sometimes merely an hour in advance/for shifts at locations way out of town. First come, first serve. Not to mention, customer service training needs serious improvement. Before applying, ask yourself why position at Aritzia are posted so often. Do yourself a favor and look for a job elsewhere.
Pros
Co-workers, Discount
Cons
Management, Unorganized
chaotic work environment
worker (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC24 October 2018
crazy fast turn over in that place, managers make rash decisions and fire people on a whim. As a result no one really seems to know what's going on. Great opportunity, great salary, but not worth the stress
fast paced fun environement
Primary Inventory Lead (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON30 September 2018
great environment. Plenty of room to be developed. Very motivating managers. Great incentives at times like black friday and boxing day. Flexible with schedule for school
Energetic and postive environment
Style Advisor (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB25 September 2018
It is a team environment. They have a great dynamic among staff, they become a second family. It is competitive sales and you have to work hard to be successful, but Aritzia gives you all the tools you need to be successful. They have a great culture and they are very intentional about implementing and living the culture.
Pros
great staff discount
Cons
Working most holidays
Petty method of payment
ARITZIA WAREHOUSE SALE WORKER (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC15 September 2018
Very tiring work and labor. However I did not mind that except The way Aritzia pays their employees are petty. If you check out at 2:59pm you get paid like you checked out at 2:00pm. The last hour you don’t get paid if you leave only one minute earlier. Being such a successful company, I hope that Aritzia will improve this and the treatment of their employees. It is a bit rude. I must say that every employee out of the 700 working at the warehouse sale were all putting in their best efforts and doing extremely tiring work. It is only fair that they get paid the number of hours they were scheduled for.
Pros
Free staff t shirts
Cons
Long hours, very tiring and repeating work, stressful
A growing experience
SALES MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON4 September 2018
Overall, being a sales manager at aritzia is a great job to have. However, working for this company it is extremely hard to have a normal work life balance.
Retail (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC2 September 2018
The managers are very considerate and always on top of things making sure everything is taken care of. For a stressful position they don't add pressure on the employees and are always there to help you through difficulties. They are very respectful.
Competitive and challenging sales driven environment
Manager (Current Employee) –  GTA, ON29 August 2018
Unhealthy culture, challenges with work life balance with scheduling, low remuneration.

Staffing excellence, very driven associates and top talent being hired.
Tough love.
style advisor (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB24 August 2018
The culture a few years ago was pretty bad between the staff, although as of recent i have heard they have worked hard to change that.

if you were great with sales, you had so much room to grow within the company.

if you sold less than the minimum you were told to that week you were fired.

c'est la vie.

40% off of all the clothes as a style advisor, with additional christmas and bonus perks.

Not for the faint of heart, but great for a strong and independent woman with an eye for style.
Pros
if you can sell well you have tons of opportunity within the company, lots of room for long term growth
Cons
cut throat sales tactics, sell or get fired
Productive and Fun environment to helping costumers
Stocks person (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC22 August 2018
A typical day at the Aritzia warehouse sale was very busy and very productive talking to customers and putting up new stocks. I've learned how to handle people better when it comes to difficult customers. The management of the job was great because they allowed me not to work in somedays that i wasn't able to. The hardest part of the job was the people I was working with, because they are not always aware what is happening.
Pros
50% off every purchases
Cons
Difficult Co-Workers
Intense retail job
Style Advisor (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON11 August 2018
A typical day at work starts with a quick chat with the floor manager who will tell you about the daily goal for the store and the expected rush hours. The manager will also review the best sellers from the day before and give you a challenge to focus on for that day. Then you try to sell clothes and hit your hourly selling mark.
The management was very supportive and will help to support you with your clients. But the hardest part of the job was also the pressure from the management to meet your SPH.
The most enjoyable part of the job was connecting with the clients and seeing them get excited over pieces you selected for them, it was a very fulfilling retail job.
Pros
Acknowledgement for hard work (e.g. Starbucks cards)
Cons
Scheduled shifts are dependant on how much you sell even though you don't make commission
fast paced
Boutique stylist (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC9 August 2018
loved my managers
just some girls are very catty and rude especially when i was just starting out. Aswell as boutique stylist did not get paid very well when we did more work than the other girls
Pros
discount
A great place to get experience working in a warehouse environment
DISTRIBUTION AUDITOR (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC4 August 2018
Great place to work and gain experience working in a warehouse environment and get the understanding of packaging and shipping. Upper management was fair when I was there, they came down and help during the busiest season.
Pros
Clean warehouse environment
Cons
hours can be long during busy season
good work environment
Backroom Team Member (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC11 June 2018
A typical day at work is pretty normal the work is quite straight forward. The work environment was good for the most part. The management are really nice
Very tiring job with horrible management and discouraging scheduling style.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON13 May 2018
Absolutely horrible work/life balance - you'll get called on every day off and cut on every long shift. Hours are determined by sales but regular SA's dont make commission. Managers are gossipy and childish at every location I visited.
Pros
Pretty clothes, cool employees, high hourly pay
Cons
everything else

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Aritzia. Our community is ready to answer.