Aritzia Employee Reviews

fast paced fun environement
Primary Inventory Lead (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON30 September 2018
great environment. Plenty of room to be developed. Very motivating managers. Great incentives at times like black friday and boxing day. Flexible with schedule for school
Energetic and postive environment
Style Advisor (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB25 September 2018
It is a team environment. They have a great dynamic among staff, they become a second family. It is competitive sales and you have to work hard to be successful, but Aritzia gives you all the tools you need to be successful. They have a great culture and they are very intentional about implementing and living the culture.
Pros
great staff discount
Cons
Working most holidays
Petty method of payment
ARITZIA WAREHOUSE SALE WORKER (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC15 September 2018
Very tiring work and labor. However I did not mind that except The way Aritzia pays their employees are petty. If you check out at 2:59pm you get paid like you checked out at 2:00pm. The last hour you don’t get paid if you leave only one minute earlier. Being such a successful company, I hope that Aritzia will improve this and the treatment of their employees. It is a bit rude. I must say that every employee out of the 700 working at the warehouse sale were all putting in their best efforts and doing extremely tiring work. It is only fair that they get paid the number of hours they were scheduled for.
Pros
Free staff t shirts
Cons
Long hours, very tiring and repeating work, stressful
A growing experience
SALES MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON4 September 2018
Overall, being a sales manager at aritzia is a great job to have. However, working for this company it is extremely hard to have a normal work life balance.
Retail (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC2 September 2018
The managers are very considerate and always on top of things making sure everything is taken care of. For a stressful position they don't add pressure on the employees and are always there to help you through difficulties. They are very respectful.
Competitive and challenging sales driven environment
Manager (Current Employee) –  GTA, ON29 August 2018
Unhealthy culture, challenges with work life balance with scheduling, low remuneration.

Staffing excellence, very driven associates and top talent being hired.
Tough love.
style advisor (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB24 August 2018
The culture a few years ago was pretty bad between the staff, although as of recent i have heard they have worked hard to change that.

if you were great with sales, you had so much room to grow within the company.

if you sold less than the minimum you were told to that week you were fired.

c'est la vie.

40% off of all the clothes as a style advisor, with additional christmas and bonus perks.

Not for the faint of heart, but great for a strong and independent woman with an eye for style.
Pros
if you can sell well you have tons of opportunity within the company, lots of room for long term growth
Cons
cut throat sales tactics, sell or get fired
Productive and Fun environment to helping costumers
Stocks person (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC22 August 2018
A typical day at the Aritzia warehouse sale was very busy and very productive talking to customers and putting up new stocks. I've learned how to handle people better when it comes to difficult customers. The management of the job was great because they allowed me not to work in somedays that i wasn't able to. The hardest part of the job was the people I was working with, because they are not always aware what is happening.
Pros
50% off every purchases
Cons
Difficult Co-Workers
Intense retail job
Style Advisor (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON11 August 2018
A typical day at work starts with a quick chat with the floor manager who will tell you about the daily goal for the store and the expected rush hours. The manager will also review the best sellers from the day before and give you a challenge to focus on for that day. Then you try to sell clothes and hit your hourly selling mark.
The management was very supportive and will help to support you with your clients. But the hardest part of the job was also the pressure from the management to meet your SPH.
The most enjoyable part of the job was connecting with the clients and seeing them get excited over pieces you selected for them, it was a very fulfilling retail job.
Pros
Acknowledgement for hard work (e.g. Starbucks cards)
Cons
Scheduled shifts are dependant on how much you sell even though you don't make commission
fast paced
Boutique stylist (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC9 August 2018
loved my managers
just some girls are very catty and rude especially when i was just starting out. Aswell as boutique stylist did not get paid very well when we did more work than the other girls
Pros
discount
A great place to get experience working in a warehouse environment
DISTRIBUTION AUDITOR (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC4 August 2018
Great place to work and gain experience working in a warehouse environment and get the understanding of packaging and shipping. Upper management was fair when I was there, they came down and help during the busiest season.
Pros
Clean warehouse environment
Cons
hours can be long during busy season
good work environment
Backroom Team Member (Former Employee) –  Burnaby, BC11 June 2018
A typical day at work is pretty normal the work is quite straight forward. The work environment was good for the most part. The management are really nice
Very tiring job with horrible management and discouraging scheduling style.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON13 May 2018
Absolutely horrible work/life balance - you'll get called on every day off and cut on every long shift. Hours are determined by sales but regular SA's dont make commission. Managers are gossipy and childish at every location I visited.
Pros
Pretty clothes, cool employees, high hourly pay
Cons
everything else
productive and a fast-paced work environment
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON8 May 2018
I have learned about how to use a scanner and a tagging gun, to change/fix prices and tags for sales. Management is stern but relaxed at the same time. Hardest part is the hours, or standing for a long period of time. The pros is the employee discount, the work culture, and the atmosphere.
Pros
discounts
Fun environment
Employee (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC30 April 2018
The experience was nice and different from my average lifestyle. My coworkers were extremely kind and easy to get along with. Although, the hours were late and parking was scary and far at night.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Late hours
Top quality and quantity
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  North York, ON26 April 2018
Typical day would be pricing,sizing and cleaning. Some nights visuals would be done.

I've learned thats these displays actually maximize sales

Management was okay. He lacked communication when it came to scheduals.

The workspace was very diverse with people of all different backgrounds.
Poor Culture
Style Advisor (Former Employee) –  Burlington21 April 2018
Toxic work environment. Staff are cruel to one another. Upper management has no respect for labour guidelines. Workplace bullying and harassment is very prevalent. Very little room for advancement. Upper management are all friends and are not responsive to any feedback. They cut hours drastically and benefits are poor.
Pros
Clothing discount
Cons
Short unpaid breaks, bullying, superficiality, store manager is a bully, management pretty much does nothing all day but text when on the floor. Judgemental and mean girls.
Competative sales environment that focuses on selling high end retail.
Sale Associate (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON13 April 2018
Assisted and styled clients according to current trends. Expected to maintain an hourly sales target. All sections of the store must be kept neat and stocked through out the day
Pros
Opportunity for advancement
Cons
There is a big pressure to sell products to clients
Fun experience, pushed you!
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, Alberta12 April 2018
Loved it, made friends for a lifetime. Pushed me to be the best person I could be and supported me through life and work. I will always go back if they asked me. Reason I left is because there isn't an Aritzia in England
Pros
Good experience
Cons
Challenging
enjoyable work experience
Shipper/Receiver (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 April 2018
I have worked for this company for 3 years and I must say that it has been an honour to work for them. They have gained many skills working here. Hardest part of my job was leaving :(

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Aritzia. Our community is ready to answer.