Aritzia

Aritzia Employee Reviews

Canada238 reviews
Sales driven
If you are driven by sales, this is the job for you. Big emphasis on achieving hourly sales goals. Fast-paced environment, competitive teams. Be ready to compete for client
Competitive
You are required to meet a goal to sell every hour in Aritzia, but you do not get rewarded for it financially. You often get in trouble if you do not meet it. During my interview, they told me that I do not have to wear their clothes for work, however on my third week of working, they would ask if everyone is wearing the latest or Aritzia clothing. Being a student who is trying to earn money for school, my priority is to pay for tuition, and i wasn't going to spend my pay check on very expensive clothes.
Exciting brand but culture needs some work.
I learned a ton working with some very smart people to solve really cool problems. Downside is limited guidance and development from senior leaders. Vague job descriptions result in heavy scope and massive workload with very little work/life balance.
Overall great company to start from the bottom and move up
In Toronto the vast majority of locations are great work environments and the company provides great pathways to build a career from a part-time position. Upper-management form the most part is there for you and ready to answer questions from just general standards to step to move laterally.
Judgemental environment
I worked a seasonal part-time job as a Boutique associate. It was a stressful environment from the Management constantly ordering you around, they act as if they can easily replace you. The interview process was fairly quick, I was interviewed by the store manager. She mostly asked me about my availability and what I've done successfully within my previous jobs. Many of the associates were two-faced. The sales associates mostly talked badly about the Boutique associates in the backroom. I didn't really feel welcomed what so ever. So if you have a passion within yourself and fashion I would recommend this place 100%, but if your fashionable and care what others think about you I would definitely not recommend this job. The discounts were 30% off, which in my opinion was not worth the benefit, due to every product costing over $100. Seasonal is a perfect boost job for the holidays, but if you need genuine money, and don't currently work, I would recommend you search for other jobs. They didn't give many shifts and if they did, it would be up to 7-9hr long. In two weeks you'll have 0 shifts, then the following week you'll be packed. I mostly re-folded clothes, ran clothing from fitting rooms and do markdowns as well as pricing for new shipments.
First Sales Job- Good Training- Major Cult!
This was my first sales job. They provided me with sales training anyone can use in any role. I worked here throughout pursing my university degree. They are trained sales woman who somewhat care about fashion but because senior people are paid on dollar amount sold it really is just like any commission based sales environment. Intense and competitive. Bit cult like since all the clothes eventually look the same and the woman use the same lingo etc. I can imagine quite fake, luckily not too bad in my experience. Was catty at times but I learned a lot about sales from this role. Also had the best manager of all times when I was there we are still friends.
Retail industry
It is Fun. It is stressful at times but you learn alot of skills in customer service. Its mostly collaborative work. The management their are like halks.
Rewarding Experience
The culture environment was excellent as I was able to work along a great management team and supporting coworkers. The pace was hectic although, you do gain a lot of experience that is beneficial.
Given either 30 hr/week or only 8 hr/month
Some weeks were busy and high energy with late nights and early mornings. Working as a boutique associate in order to get schedules you would have to call the store with most of the time getting 0 hours
fun to work, hard to advance
the benefits and pay make up for the lack of work-life balance and growth.
If you're a favorite, you'll easily progress throughout the org. If not, watch out.
You either thrive in this culture or you don't
Highly competitive, a lot of concealed information within the organization. Constant divergence of responsibilities. This could vary within departments. The benefits are good, pay is adequate but a highly toxic corporate culture with a lot of secrets.
Super fast paced but a fun team to work with.
Aritzia was a very fast paced job. It was often very busy as the store would be filled and was hard to move around, but my coworkers were super helpful within my first week there. Super friendly environment as everyone is kind enough to be asked for help.
Fast Paced, Competitve Culture
I found working at Aritzia quite difficult. I was not working as a Sales Associate, just behind the scenes if you will. My job was to receive shipment and organise the store after hours. I found it quite competitive and hard to get shifts. The space is very competitive and fast paced.
overall fun place to work at
fun environment and location to shop at. Learned so many skills here while having fun with my co workers and management team. They really make you feel at home
Fast paced and productive, supportive work environment.
usually working a 5-8 hour shift, management is very supportive, I learned how to handle many situations at once. Can be very stressful if you do not know how to manage your time. Can also be very rewarding.
competitive environement
The job could be fun but the hours you get is not reasonable. They could schedule you for 2 hours only for the entire week. You are a "loser" when you dont get a lot of sales and co workers are very competitive. Dont expect to find real bond here among the employees because at the end of the day they are only after the sales. If you get low sales they consider it as you "dont" work enough although you have been running clothes, organize stuff and already approached every client but unfortunately some are just to exchange or refund their items. Do not recommend this job.
Pros
discount
Cons
hours, competitiveness
Very busy and high maintained
A typical day at work meant that you would start off hard working, as much as everything was fast paced which was the hardest part was to keep everything organized since the store was filled with people majority of the time. I really liked the overall atmosphere, everyone was friendly and the customers really knew what they were looking for which helped a lot.
fun to work there when you are friends with the other employee.
The discount is nice 40% off but the work environment seems to be very hostile as it is competitive and your job status depends on your sales. If you dont make your sales you may be fired or moved off the floor.
Associate Manager @ Aritzia
Great company to work for that truly cares about the well being of their staff. The only problem I ever had was with my Store Manager, and although it took some time, after a while the problem was finally dealt with. It’s fun to dress up, there are great clothes to purchase which makes us look good and feel good.
Not really a work/life balance but that’s what you get when you sign up for retail! Great benefits! Very fast paced environment which can be stressful at times
Horrible Management
I worked at the sherway branch as a seasonal boutique associate during the summer and loved it but the holiday season is were it went downhill very fast. Communication between managers and people in my position was terrible even during the summer but it was really bad during the holidays. The managers just assume you have nothing else to do or have no life and are constantly texting you to come in last minute (majority of the people are students there this is not realistic). It got to the point where if you're not coming in as much as they want they make you feel like you did something wrong. When you let them know you can't work then they also make you feel like you did something wrong by not getting someone to cover your shift when you already let the other manager know and its then that you realize that there isn't even proper communication between the managers themselves. Their biggest problem is their TERRIBLE management style and system.
Aritzia...
Aritzia is a great company to work for due to the fact that there is much room for growth if you are interested in certain paths. The position itself can be stressful at times (selling, running, and maintaining all at once), but the workplace culture makes up for those things.