Aritzia Employee Reviews

productive and a fast-paced work environment
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON8 May 2018
I have learned about how to use a scanner and a tagging gun, to change/fix prices and tags for sales. Management is stern but relaxed at the same time. Hardest part is the hours, or standing for a long period of time. The pros is the employee discount, the work culture, and the atmosphere.
Pros
discounts
Fun environment
Employee (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC30 April 2018
The experience was nice and different from my average lifestyle. My coworkers were extremely kind and easy to get along with. Although, the hours were late and parking was scary and far at night.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Late hours
Top quality and quantity
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  North York, ON26 April 2018
Typical day would be pricing,sizing and cleaning. Some nights visuals would be done.

I've learned thats these displays actually maximize sales

Management was okay. He lacked communication when it came to scheduals.

The workspace was very diverse with people of all different backgrounds.
Poor Culture
Style Advisor (Former Employee) –  Burlington21 April 2018
Toxic work environment. Staff are cruel to one another. Upper management has no respect for labour guidelines. Workplace bullying and harassment is very prevalent. Very little room for advancement. Upper management are all friends and are not responsive to any feedback. They cut hours drastically and benefits are poor.
Pros
Clothing discount
Cons
Short unpaid breaks, bullying, superficiality, store manager is a bully, management pretty much does nothing all day but text when on the floor. Judgemental and mean girls.
Competative sales environment that focuses on selling high end retail.
Sale Associate (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON13 April 2018
Assisted and styled clients according to current trends. Expected to maintain an hourly sales target. All sections of the store must be kept neat and stocked through out the day
Pros
Opportunity for advancement
Cons
There is a big pressure to sell products to clients
Fun experience, pushed you!
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, Alberta12 April 2018
Loved it, made friends for a lifetime. Pushed me to be the best person I could be and supported me through life and work. I will always go back if they asked me. Reason I left is because there isn't an Aritzia in England
Pros
Good experience
Cons
Challenging
enjoyable work experience
Shipper/Receiver (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON10 April 2018
I have worked for this company for 3 years and I must say that it has been an honour to work for them. They have gained many skills working here. Hardest part of my job was leaving :(
Awful Environment
Seasonal Merchandise Support (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB9 April 2018
Girls weren't nice to one another and very few opportunities for advancement. Stressful work environment and few breaks, even when well deserved and needed.
Strong culture
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 April 2018
Working days went by fast due to the fact that it was a fast paced environment. Loud music and a high volume store made for a fun shift every time. The team tries to maintain communication throughout the day which is always beneficial to the entire staff and management. Each sales associate is required to assist each customer attentively.
Aritzia
Style Advisor (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB Chinook mall SW4 April 2018
cut hours b/c of competitive culture
Learned how they run their company.
management was not very good, felt like i was being judged by workers and management
Pros
great experience
Cons
competitive culture
Get Ready to Be Bullied
Sales Associate/Cashier/Stock Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON19 March 2018
The culture at Aritzia is the most toxic I've ever been a part of. Everyone competes for sales as you won't be able to work if you do not meet sales targets per day.
Loved the Atmosphere
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON14 March 2018
Love everyone who I worked with, made some life-long friends. The atmosphere of the store was always positive and uplifting. Loved going into work and working alongside my friends every day.
Cons
Long hours - (closing shifts 10pm)
Very productive and enjoyable work place
Boutique Associate (Current Employee) –  Oshawa, ON22 February 2018
I had the pleasure of working a seasonal bout at Aritzia and it was one of the most enjoyable work experiences I have encountered yet. The management and coworkers had the sweetest personalities and I never left work without a smile on my face.
Pros
Employee Discount
Totally average retail experience
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 February 2018
Nothing really positive or negative to say about working at Aritzia. Pretty standard retail experience - lots of annoying customers, some annoying management, overall nothing to complain about.
Amazing Overall
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Newmarket, ON7 February 2018
The people at Aritzia are amazing, the girls are supportive and helpful. When I worked there I was the youngest out of our team, but I never felt talked down to or not respected. Aritzia managers always ensure you are doing ok and never make you do anything you do not feel comfortable with.
Awful management, painful hours.
Shipment Associate (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB5 February 2018
I was led to believe I would be working as a part-time sales associate and was instead given a position as a shipment associate. I was lucky to get 8 hours of work a week and the shifts would be at awful times, like 6pm-1am or 5:30am-10am.
Pros
Discount
Cons
Time of work
Asks for everything with poor return
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON1 February 2018
They want you to work "as a team", yet everyone is compared to one another. Shifts are given to best sellers. But even when you preform at the top and ask for something from them, they often decline. They do whats best for the company, not for the employees.
Productive.
Sales, Stocking and Cashier (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON31 January 2018
Very fast pace environment, competitive sales team. Most of the clients spend a lot of money which is good if you are commission based. Good wages, for retail.
Productive and fun workplace
Sales Associate (Part-time) (Former Employee) –  Vaughan, ON31 January 2018
Artizia is a great company to work for and allows for employee personality to shine while providing great working conditions and atmosphere. They also have a great management team.
Fun and productive
Sales Associate/Floor Manager (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC31 January 2018
Typical day at work includes multitasking between customer service, maintenance and operational tasks.
Enjoy learning about business aspects of retail.
Challenging working in a competitive/non team based atmosphere.