Aren't We Naughty Employee Reviews

Supportive, fun-loving and busy
RETAIL SALES (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON1 August 2018
Great place to work while having fun with customers. Love the support from coworkers and management. They really encourage you to shine and advance. Plus, there's free stuff!
Pros
Fun environment
Cons
Staff turnover
Everyone is scared of the nasty owner
Undisclosed (Former Employee) –  Undisclosed23 January 2018
Don't work here. The top management are a couple of unpleasant unhappy people. Everyone from the bottom to the top of the company are afraid of the owner because he is a bully. He will personally insult you for no reason and call you names.
Pros
Fun products
Unhealthy work environment
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON22 January 2018
There is almost no communication between store employees and upper management. They give no direction and expect everything to be done perfectly. They don’t care about your personal life, and if you get sick then too bad. They look for reasons not to give you a raise or promote you. Also the pay is low for the amount of work and dedication they expect.
Pros
Customers are fun, it’s a fun product to sell
Cons
Everything else
Great place and fun work space
Retail Sales (Former Employee) –  North York, ON23 April 2017
I loved working here to sustain myself during school. My usual shift included putting out new stock and cleaning the shelves. I learned a lot of sales skills and problem solving when the customers were unhappy or had a problem. I learned about warrenties and sales goals. I really loved working here!
Work Life
Merchandising (Current Employee) –  Stirling, ON22 March 2017
My coworkers are my extended family, we work well in stressful and time crunched areas during peeks in the retail world.
I help people with very private areas in their life in a very professional and private manner.
Awn
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Pickering, ON15 February 2017
coworkers are a great bunch of people to work with.
customers are always different- some shy, some quite open about their personal life, so as an associate you had to quickly recognize how to approach the sale
Enjoyable and Meaningful Work Environment
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON10 February 2017
Being able to work for a company that so positively supports and represents such an intimate part of someone's life is a great feeling, especially when it's executed in such a way that is altogether classy, respectful, and fun.

Advancement is almost always available and there's plenty of room to grow within the company.

You come in contact with many different people from many different walks of life. It's exciting to learn as well as teach in an environment that encourages exploration and personal happiness.
Pros
Positive work environment, vendor meets, annual staff appreciation days with award ceremonies
Do not work for this company
Key Holder/Supervisor/Health and Safety Rep (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON13 December 2016
scary management who have a lot of power issues. they bully their employees into submission and try to turn them against each other. do not work here.
Pros
Cons
management
Opinions aren't allowed at Aren't We Naughty
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON28 July 2016
They promise full training but never provide it. I was told within three months I would have reviews and they would test me on the products, that never happened. When I was unhappy because I wasn't fully trained and stuck selling always calling for someone to cash out my customers, I was deemed negative. When new employees weren't cleaning and I pointed it out I was told I was bad mouthing them. If you made a suggestion you were seen as criticizing and "over-ruling" management. I've worked at many retailers and this is the first time that suggestions were treated in a negative manner. For one company I worked there for 8 years and they never saw suggestions as negative, it was a way to improve! I was let go before completing my 3 months without discussion on any of those concerns. They are constantly under-staffed and I can see why. The one manager who I loved because she was properly training me quit and half the staff followed her and I can see why. After she left the store fell apart and I got no training. They need to rework management and figure out how to run their stores.
Pros
Most of the people SEEMED nice
Cons
Did not train employees
Fun place to work
Key holder/ sales associate (Former Employee) –  Etobicoke, ON3 May 2015
I enjoy helping customers on a day to day basis. It is a fun environment and the training is great! There is lots of room for growth too :)
Fun and upbeat place to work.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON15 April 2015
Great chance to work with many different people. A job where you really need to be able to relate with people and make them comfortable when they speak to you.
fun and lively work environment
Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Brampton15 March 2015
It is a very fun and open minded company. love the great staff and upper management , new experiences and customers all the time , great environment
Different Place to work
Acting Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Woodbridge, ON12 February 2015
It has been the most interesting place that I have worked thus far. Dealing with all types of people everyday make the work experience different.
Positive and Educational Environment
Manager/Supervisor, Lead Keyholder (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 January 2015
Working with Aren't We Naughty I've developed new ways of conflict resolution and approaching personal subject matters with sensitivity.
Due to the nature of the store I have also learned that patience and listening to customers needs is imperative to helping them.
The atmosphere is very comfortable and positive, largely due to the knowledge of the staff and their welcoming presence.
Fun workplace with difficult head office staff
Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Woodbridge, ON6 July 2014
Loved working there. The team became like family and the customers were great. I love meeting different people from different walks of life.
Pros
Co-workers and customers were great
Cons
District Managers and Head Office employees were rude and condescending
Interesting environment full of dedicated sales staff
Key Holder (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON27 November 2013
SALES, SALES, SALES

Product knowledge is the key here. Learn each and every product to it's fullest.

Management lack cohesion at time.

Co-workers are a blast and make for an excellent time.

Hardest part of the job is dealing with other people stigmas about what we sell.

Most enjoyable part is seeing the many faces daily that come in and leave happy.
Great co-workers, good team atmosphere.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Oakville, ON9 October 2013
Aren't we Naughty is a great place to work. All the staff is committed to working hard and providing a comfortable environment for everyone. The most enjoyable part of the job is constantly interacting with customers in a positive way.
The hardest part of the job is dealing with delicate issues, but over time this becomes easier to deal with.