ArdentMills Employee Reviews

Dont do it
Utility Worker (Former Employee) –  Martins Creek, PA24 January 2019
Worst place to work it starts off cool but when you are forced to work 7 days it becomes annoying to get the job is a job you have to do a hair folicale test background check and take a respirator test it's worth the money but when you have no time to spend it not worth the headache if someone call out your stuck there and god forbid you call out you get written up I hated working here
Pros
Good pay for the area and they dry clean your uniform for you
Cons
7 day work week
great place to work
Maintenace Mechanic (Former Employee) –  York, PA8 January 2019
they make you feel like your family. If you work they will help you advance if you want to. You Become an asset to the company and are treated as such.
Could be better but it’s ok
Warehouse Operator (Current Employee) –  Saginaw, TX24 October 2018
People make this job....So if it’s bad people at your plant...ITS GONNA BE A BAD PLANT!!!...Read this and be warned🤦🏾‍♂️.....Great company don’t get me wrong....Just the employees make your experience!!!
Don't work here
Assistant Bulk Loader (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KS16 October 2018
Do not work here if you want to have a life. It starts out fine but, by the time you are 3 months into it and on your own they make you work days you aren't scheduled. Mandatory overtime. You never get enough done even if you don't have a break all day, or even a lunch for that matter. Management is terrible. If you are an Assistant Bulk Loader or Bulk Loader, do not expect to get breaks or lunches unless you run a rail which is hardly ever during the week. Overall this place sucked and I am so glad I am out of there
Pros
1st shift
Cons
Everything else
Good workplace
Utility Worker (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FL15 October 2018
I think it’s a good job to get on you feet but I think that I just want a better paying job then where I am now I don’t think I getting paid fairly as of niw
Pros
Paid breaks
Cons
All benefits
Do not go
Packer (Former Employee) –  Martins Creek, PA7 September 2018
I was a pack operator working some weekends that funny is should say the only way yr getting off is if u take it I works 7 days a week then got punished for taking tine off I was 3ed shift if u have no life it a place fir u there no family life u can have there so don’t try
Pros
Nope
Cons
This place will tear you apart
Bulk Loader (Current Employee) –  Mankato, Minnesota18 July 2018
Constant system issues, over scheduling, poor product, seriously dangerous at times, and little to no management. Adding all those things together makes for an awful time. You will be worked to the bone, and called back in early to do it again.

Bulk loading here means that you will have to do everything. Falling 8 hours behind is a daily occurance. You finally get a day every once in a while that you are sitting well, then another major malfuntion of some kind. Having to come in and load when the plant was told to go home, and not come in due to snow, having to figure out ways to load when your system is torn apart. Sick? No, sorry. You are a robot. These are just a couple things, but the list goes on, believe me.

This place is hanging on by a thread and management doesnt seem to see that. An option that came up recently to deal with struggles was for US to be cross trained in other departments.

Dont work here, Im serious.
Pros
Cons
Almost everything
Very clique oriented. Hostile to outsiders
Supervisor/Manager (Former Employee) –  East Coast6 May 2018
Work was a constant struggle. Struggle to maintain any sort of consistency. Struggle to develop relationships with co-workers. And a struggle to keep the bosses happy. Work was boring and repetitive. They have a management style that coddles poor employees and allows for implementation of a "thats not my job" work ethic. STAY AWAY FROM THIS PLACE.
H3ll in a Cell
Sweeper in Progression (Former Employee) –  Alton, IL19 March 2018
This place does not care about you, you are just a statistic. If you take a vacation day during the week, then you are subject to be forced to work ALL weekend because you already used your day off for the week. Plant mgr. is not a nice person, unless he is speaking to you, so walk backwards because as soon as you turn around, he will stab you in the Back. If you work in the Mill dept. and are on the mill crew, Smutter, Bolter, Grinder, or just in progression period, you will be working 6 days per week. SO...if you want to give up your life for a little extra cash, then this is the place for you. YOU'VE BEEN WARNED
Pros
A job
Cons
No work/life balance AT ALL
Poor supervisor
Utility Worker (Former Employee) –  Lake City, MN30 November 2017
Management is horrible. Bulk plant jobs are a joke more rules are broken on a daily basis. If you want to sleep here come on down. Hot as the devil in the summer.
Not a good place to start a career
Laborer/Helper (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FL18 July 2017
This mill will work you to death. No family life. Forced to work crazy hours with no warning. After working 12 hrs. forced to stay over no excuses or be threatened to be wrote up.
Pros
Cons
work to many hour.
You will be worked 7 days a week 12 hours a day.
PLW Forklift OPerator (Former Employee) –  Hastings, MN17 July 2017
Welcome to Ardent Mills were you will now be forced to work 12 hour shifts with only 8 hours off between shifts for the foreseeable future. Your family life will be non existent from here on out. Don't take my word for it just ask the aging uneducated workforce of senior employees who think they are something special because they have spent a lifetime in a mill, while their family's have all left and the world has passed them by. I had 17 different bosses in under 3 years which only shows what a catastrophe the front office is in this mess of a workplace. If you want to save your fingers, and back from serious injury you should avoid this place like the plague. At least you can go home feeling safe that you and your family are eating off grade flour that was milled 5 years ago and was just mixed with new flour at roughly a 50 / 50 ratio. Which is then packaged and sold to customers on a daily basis.
Pros
No need for a place to live because this will be your new home.
Cons
Even MGMT uses this place as a stepping stone for better opportunities.
Fast pace workplace
Warehouse Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  East Hartford, CT16 April 2017
It's a fast pace work place. involves lot of lifting, teamwork. Standing on your feet for long periods of time, putting together products. Loading trucks unloading boxes off of trucks, using a baling machine and a forklift.
Pros
Great opportunity for overtime and growth within a company
Cons
No job security if you get hurt, or can't keep up with the work pace you'll be replaced
horrible work/life
PLW (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OH14 April 2017
we worked 12hrs a day 7 days a week for the 7 months i worked here they cared less about your family life it was all about the ardent life no time for family