Ardent Health Services Employee Reviews

N/a
Information Specialist (Former Employee) –  Baltimore, MD10 June 2019
The job was a part time job for me but when I worked there I live it . The job gave good benefits . They job helped me learn how to communicate with people
Working with Ardent Health Services
Clinical Denial Appeals Nurse (Current Employee) –  Albuquerque, NM9 June 2019
It has been an absolute pleasure working with and for Ardent Health Services. Growing and developing with multiple hospitals Lovelace Healthcare Systems, Hillcrest Healthcare Systems and recently University of Kansas St. Francis Healthcare System.
Rewarding place to work
Contract Manager (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TN24 May 2019
Flexible hours and leadership is exceptional. CEO is very hands -on and visible to employees. Proud to be a member of the Ardent team and help others in the healthcare field.
Pros
C-Suite support
Cons
Vacation and Sick benefits are very slim
Got Laid Off
Medical Coder II (Former Employee) –  Remote10 April 2019
I was with the company 15+ years, worked OT and all kinds of special projects when asked and was laid off without warning. I did enjoy working there...
Hr
HR Assistant (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TN7 April 2019
I loved working for Ardent. I loved the culture, the employees, and the environment. I would work for them in a heartbeat if they opened a hospital here in NC.
Great folks to work with.
Automation Technician; In-house Contractor (Former Employee) –  Wamsutter, WY2 April 2019
I spent close to 4 years working for Ardent Services in Wamsutter, Wyoming contracted to British Petroleum. I miss it everyday but don't miss the drive home to Loveland, Colorado in the winter. I have seen beautiful scenery wile servicing gas wells in this very remote location.
Both Ardent and BP folks I worked with are great and still stay in contact with several of them. I did leave Ardent for work closer to home in Colorado, which made the wife very happy.
Pros
Great people
Cons
Winter in Wyoming
fast paced eviornment
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  East Hartford, CT 0610822 March 2019
Fast paced work space crowded and cluttered at times with subpar management and no real opportunity to advance or move forward with the company wouldn't recommend to anyone unless income is drastically needed at the time for any individual.
Pros
sturdy hours
Cons
compensation is lacking for requirments of job
Good people to work with
Electrician Helper Class-C (Current Employee) –  Belle Chasse, LA14 March 2019
Good Company to work for. I really enjoyed working for them at Phillips 66. When I was transferred to Monsanto in Luling I did not care for some of the people and the way i was treated.
Pros
would not mind working for them again in the future.
Cons
Not at Monsanto Plant.
its ok
Outpatient Medical Coder (Current Employee) –  Tulsa, OK13 February 2019
very poor communication
great education
flexable hours
easy computer system to learn.
benefits were good, but compensation was poor.
typical large corporation, they don't care about their employees
This was a great company time to move on
SQL Server Data Warehouse ETL Developer (Current Employee) –  Nashville, TN12 February 2019
I've enjoyed working here but there is too much work for too few people and I have to have my weekend free. Great place to learn new skills if they would allow you time to learn them.
Pros
People, pay
Cons
too few people and hours
good company
Instrument Fitter, and top helper in electrical (Former Employee) –  Texas8 January 2019
good company to work for, they have jobs around texas, they are getting more jobs. great management, they give you the opportunity to learn. good coworkers and leads
Pros
good breaks
Fun with fellow employrrs
Journeyman Electrician (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, TX14 December 2018
I worked 80+ hours week and got to know different employees as I offshore and got to know alot if people. Ones I could trust and not. I could depend on a few and protect myself from others.
Pros
Really good food and a rec room for fun
Cons
Long hours and extreme lack sleep
Poor life-work balance
Epic Radiant Analyst (Former Employee) –  Amarillo, TX13 December 2018
. Amarillo location geographically isolates analysts form other team members. Too many meetings. Was not a good fit for me. Immediate managers were great when they had authority to act. Too much top-down.
Pros
Great tem members
Cons
Unrealistic deadlines and expectations
This company continues to grow.
Charge Master Analyst (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NM6 December 2018
I enjoyed working with my co-workers and immediate supervisors in the positions I held with the company. I was able to work remotely for 10 years which was awesome!
Good Company
Accounts Payable (Current Employee) –  Covington, LA3 December 2018
Overall I enjoy working for Ardent Services. The CEO and managers are good people. They are open to change and encourage feedback from employees whether good or bad.
Plant job
Electrician III (Former Employee) –  Kenner, La13 November 2018
Plant job. Gotta be ready to work when they call. Pays great. But have bad way of laying people off. (Last minute and after you’ve working your butt off)
Dynamic environement requiring Flexibility
TECHNICAL ANALYST (Current Employee) –  USAR Center, NC2 November 2018
Steady consistent work schedule and workload. Task oriented and specific and detailed guidelines. Not tremendous room for input as the position is primarity support roles.
Indifferent....
IT (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TN26 October 2018
Overall I loved working at Ardent. After all I was there for a long time for this day and age and honestly did not really want to leave. The people are great and I was able to learn a lot in my time working there. However, when you are about 25-30% underpaid and a laughable attempt is made to get you to stay, then it's time to go. No hard feelings though, it's just business and most companies make this frequent mistake. Oddly though, this accrued shortly after the president stated Ardent wanted to work hard to keep good employees.

Very solid IT employees have been leaving lately and I believe there will be more to follow. People are getting burnt out and tired of the "good ole boy" system that has evolved over the past year or so.

Lastly, jobs are created or employees are promoted without giving others with more experience or tenure an opportunity to compete for the position. (hence the good ole boy system comment)

Minus all of my negative thoughts, I still believe Ardent is a great company to work for and I do not discourage anyone from giving them a shot. A vast majority of the people that work there are some of the best people I've ever worked with in my lifetime.
Pros
Great people to work with, gain lots of carreer knowledge, challenging and never a dull work day. .
Cons
Lack of pay for job compared to other companies, politics, too many chiefs not enough indians, rapid growth without hiring more staff.
Poorly run company.
Sales & Marketing Director (Former Employee) –  Rancho Bernardo, CA4 September 2018
Owner has passion for hospice, but needs to allow hired experts to support the business model that would support then, a healthy environment and work place.
Great Buisness
CO-OWNER (Current Employee) –  Denver, CO2 September 2018
It was a great opportunity to have worked with the team at Ardent Services! The environment was casual and flexible but you were required to contribute to the overall mission of the company.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ardent Health Services. Our community is ready to answer.