Ardene Employee Reviews

Good for part time students
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Milton, ON19 February 2018
Managment isnt the best; not set job hours. It is a good job to have on the side but it is not easy to move up in the company. You might encounter some work place drama
goodluck
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ON19 February 2018
unorganized by poor management
judgmental environment
poor scheduling
untrustworthy staff

overall experience was good at first, however during tougher months in retail such as christmas the store began to fall apart. It is set to pick up yet it will not be successful without a change of current staff and procedures.

goodluck
Wonderful place
acting third key holder (Current Employee) –  New Minas, NS19 February 2018
Ardenes is such a wonderful place, everyone is always friendly, management staff is very understandable, only negitive thing is on long 8 hour days and you only get one 30 minute break is hard and you get tired before you can even have a break but over all wonderful experience
Pros
wonderful people
Cons
long hours short breaks
Relaxed and fun workplace
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB14 February 2018
Working at Ardenes from what I can remember, considering its been over a decade and this was my part time job while in high school was great.

A typical day at work included greeting customers as they came into the store, helping them find what they were looking for or providing my input and opinion on what they might be looking for. Taking inventory, putting out stock on to the shelves and display along with working cash.

The management could have used some improvement, the manager was very young and disorganized in my opinion. As for the workplace it was a very high pace and fun place to work, I learned organization skills and time management.

The most enjoyable part of my job was being able to see all the new stock as it came in, and the hardest part of my job was juggling school, studying and work.
Pros
Staff Discount
Cons
Working and going to school
nice place to work
Stocker/merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB13 February 2018
Best place to get any ladies cloth,they care about everybody; worker,customers. Not too hard job to do just setting up the shoes make me so mad, and getting to arrange all in the same color and order.
productive and fun
Sales Associate (Seasonal) (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON13 February 2018
A fun and interesting work environment with very kind and open minded people. Good management and efficient work days with a lot of productivity. Enjoyable
I would definitely work here again
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC12 February 2018
I enjoyed the time that I have spent working with this company. You are given flexible shifts based on your availability especially as a student. Each shift works around the store whether you are organizing or taking care of inventory while also maintaining a clean environment.
Enjoyable place to work at
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON11 February 2018
I enjoy working her because I work with a bunch of girls that are like family to me. I also love how I meet new people and some customers become regulars and I can even say a friend. We are located in a great area in Mississauga. We get great employee discounts. I like all our merchandise, I love shipment day because it is just like Christmas day opening up all the boxes with new merchandise.
Pros
discounts
Cons
heavy lifting of boxes
Atrocious Company, good management
Key Holder/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  London, ON11 February 2018
I honestly hate the corp and will never buy their products outside of working there, but the manager and coworkers made it worth going to work every day.
Fun workplaxe
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Langley, BC5 February 2018
Ardene is a great company to work for, ardene was a great job for me when I just got out of high school. They work well with schedule when you can work only a certain amount of hours.
Amazing place to work
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Okotoks, AB5 February 2018
Ardene is an awesome place to work. The management is great, the work place is very positive and overall a fun and joyful environment place to be, everyone always has a smile on their face.
Awesome
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Grandfalls Windsor, NL2 February 2018
Great place to work if you hope to move up in the chain. Fast paced, truly great environment and the people are so great. very accommodating and great with working around person schedules as well.
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Leamington, ON1 February 2018
I learned how to work as a team. I thought the management was good. A typical work day was helping customers find the clothes they wanted, putting stock out when we got it, and folding clothes as well as putting them away. The most enjoyable part of the job was helping the customers and seeing them happy with they're purchases.
A good job for first-time management
Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON28 January 2018
Being a Key Holder with Ardene helped me move my experience toward the management stream without too much responsibility. However, the store that I worked at was an outlet and it was much more lax than other locations. My managers were understanding of my need to balance work and school and reflected that in my schedule when they could. I have heard that their flagship locations are much more strict and not very lenient at all. Typically they have an air about them that says you're unimportant and they can easily replace you, but this wasn't the case at my store.
Pros
Flexible hours, easy to be promoted
Cons
Rude regional managers, no upward movement into corporate, cannot re-apply if you quit
all girl environment, always gossip
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Cornwall, ON27 January 2018
an all girl work environment. gossip and drama. managers that don't get along and all over unprofessionalism.

no raises. no benefits. an environment where "everybody is replaceable" if you're not happy.
fun place to work
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Châteauguay, QC26 January 2018
the staff is very kind and introduced themselves right away. Should anyone need help they are quick to do so, be it a client or another employee who is struggling with anything.
Good workplace
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON26 January 2018
-the workplace had fair management
-the job environment was easy to handle and mostly free of any issues
-fair pay
-the hours were flexible and gave me time for my personal life
Pros
flexibility
Cons
diversity
great Job
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB22 January 2018
the manager is amazing I love her, the atmosphere is very up beat and so much fun the customer service is awesome. just working there was the best. there was not a lot of conflict and barely any drama their was consistency and accountability from everyone. it is an amazing place to work
Pros
good people
Cons
managment
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Corner Brook, NL22 January 2018
At typical day at work I stocked and cleaned and provided customer service. The management was good, could have some improvements. The hardest part of the job was maintaining cleanliness.
Unpleasant
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NL22 January 2018
Management was horrible. Very toxic environment. The manager would gossip about employees constantly. I did not enjoy my time there and wouldn’t recommend it to anytime unless you have no other options.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ardene. Our community is ready to answer.