Ardene Employee Reviews

bad management
Chef caissière- Vendeuse (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC16 March 2018
Ardene is a fun place to work at if you have friends there or a nice team, but the management is not good... Managers have difficulty coming out with schedule on time, there is a lot of injustice in the team.
Pros
staff
Cons
management
Mundane work, almost no hours
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON15 March 2018
Folded shirts and clothes, was told I would receive more hours in the summer. Never worked more than 8 a week despite being told I would receive 14-20.
cafeteria
Warehouse worker (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC14 March 2018
a typical day at work is , doing our job as Warehouse worker like Packing, separating, labeling loading and Unloading of Container. what I learned it from there is you need to be a Hardworking one and i also enhance my focusness. the hardest part of our job as a warehouse worker is rush loading of container, not always but theirs a several times that we need to Rush the container, but dont have enough workers to make the job quickly.
A female dominated environment
General Manager - Store Set Up Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON13 March 2018
A typical day was cleaning for the most part. Tiny jewellery can get messy so fast so most of your day is cleaning up after customers and hoping that nothing was damaged.
The product sells itself so there isnt too much customer service required.
Fast paced with room to frow
Key holder (Former Employee) –  Sherwood park9 March 2018
If you work hard and can adapt to change, this is the company for you. You are treated with respect and head office listens to what you have to say. I loved working here
Pros
Salary, job advancement
Cons
Short breaks
Fun and Friendly
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON8 March 2018
Overall working for Ardene was a fun experience. The staff were accommodating and very friendly which gave you the sense of belonging. The staff looked out for one another making sure that if a suspicious character entered the store then every member was told for their safety. I gain valuable knowledge and skills. I enjoyed my time there and would enjoy working for them again.
great managment, fun place to work
Management duties (Current Employee) –  Fredericton, NB6 March 2018
As a third key i am in charge of opening and closing the store.
Cash handling (counting cashes, deposits)
making sure the girls are on task with...
Projects
greating
customer service
cleaning

I love working with this company, the environment is great.
The hardest part would be the drama with coworkers but thats with any job.
Pros
get gift cards if we make our budget
Cons
don't always get enough hours
Product and fun place to work
Third Key Holder (Current Employee) –  Leamington, ON5 March 2018
This job always keeps you busy and is a fun atmosphere to work in. The employees and customers are great.I would recommend working here to anyone that can work individually as well as a team.
Productive and fun place to work.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Cold Lake, AB2 March 2018
I enjoyed working at Ardene. A typical day consists of either working on cash, or working the floor and unloading stock. My manager was fantastic, she treated all of her employees like family. I was friends with all my co-workers, so we had fun. The workplace culture was fast paced and upbeat, and I learned a lot working there. The hardest part of my job was simply the amount of customers we had to serve on a daily basis.
Pros
good management and co workers, pay
Cons
busy
fun easy environment
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Guelph, ON28 February 2018
work was enjoyable, coworkers are fun and very nice, although it gets pretty slow. very small space, when stock comes in it is hard to navigate around the store especially customers with strollers or wheelchairs etc.
Awesome Place
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON26 February 2018
Only down side was the pay. Management and all of the other girls working there are incredible people and definitely a pleasure to work with! Would definitely go back if money was not an obstacle!
productive
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK21 February 2018
it was great! I would work there again if I could. Working there with many great employees, always showing a kind face to one another, along towards the customers!
Good for part time students
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Milton, ON19 February 2018
Managment isnt the best; not set job hours. It is a good job to have on the side but it is not easy to move up in the company. You might encounter some work place drama
goodluck
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ON19 February 2018
unorganized by poor management
judgmental environment
poor scheduling
untrustworthy staff

overall experience was good at first, however during tougher months in retail such as christmas the store began to fall apart. It is set to pick up yet it will not be successful without a change of current staff and procedures.

goodluck
Wonderful place
acting third key holder (Current Employee) –  New Minas, NS19 February 2018
Ardenes is such a wonderful place, everyone is always friendly, management staff is very understandable, only negitive thing is on long 8 hour days and you only get one 30 minute break is hard and you get tired before you can even have a break but over all wonderful experience
Pros
wonderful people
Cons
long hours short breaks
Relaxed and fun workplace
Cashier/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB14 February 2018
Working at Ardenes from what I can remember, considering its been over a decade and this was my part time job while in high school was great.

A typical day at work included greeting customers as they came into the store, helping them find what they were looking for or providing my input and opinion on what they might be looking for. Taking inventory, putting out stock on to the shelves and display along with working cash.

The management could have used some improvement, the manager was very young and disorganized in my opinion. As for the workplace it was a very high pace and fun place to work, I learned organization skills and time management.

The most enjoyable part of my job was being able to see all the new stock as it came in, and the hardest part of my job was juggling school, studying and work.
Pros
Staff Discount
Cons
Working and going to school
nice place to work
Stocker/merchandiser (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB13 February 2018
Best place to get any ladies cloth,they care about everybody; worker,customers. Not too hard job to do just setting up the shoes make me so mad, and getting to arrange all in the same color and order.
productive and fun
Sales Associate (Seasonal) (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON13 February 2018
A fun and interesting work environment with very kind and open minded people. Good management and efficient work days with a lot of productivity. Enjoyable
I would definitely work here again
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Surrey, BC12 February 2018
I enjoyed the time that I have spent working with this company. You are given flexible shifts based on your availability especially as a student. Each shift works around the store whether you are organizing or taking care of inventory while also maintaining a clean environment.
Enjoyable place to work at
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Mississauga, ON11 February 2018
I enjoy working her because I work with a bunch of girls that are like family to me. I also love how I meet new people and some customers become regulars and I can even say a friend. We are located in a great area in Mississauga. We get great employee discounts. I like all our merchandise, I love shipment day because it is just like Christmas day opening up all the boxes with new merchandise.
Pros
discounts
Cons
heavy lifting of boxes

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ardene. Our community is ready to answer.