Ardene Pay & Benefits reviews

all girl environment, always gossip
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Cornwall, ON27 January 2018
an all girl work environment. gossip and drama. managers that don't get along and all over unprofessionalism.

no raises. no benefits. an environment where "everybody is replaceable" if you're not happy.
Good workplace
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON26 January 2018
-the workplace had fair management
-the job environment was easy to handle and mostly free of any issues
-fair pay
-the hours were flexible and gave me time for my personal life
Pros
flexibility
Cons
diversity
Fast paced environment, amazing cowrorkers
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  London, ON20 January 2018
Very fasted paced environment, always have something to do. Coworkers are always willing to help out and are very nice people. Some rules and codes are unusual and don't make sense. Not very labour intensive but does require standing on concrete floors for hours at a time without break.
A normal retail Job
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC2 January 2018
Hard work, normal retail job. No benefits

150 minimum to review is too much. The company doesn't necessarily go above and beyond for employees.

Likes to over hire and then cut hours drastically.
Not recommended
Sales associate (Current Employee) –  Kitchener, ON29 December 2017
Didn't enjoy time here due to management and employees. No benefits and salary sucks. No one here cares about you and the head office is very hard to communicate with
.its ok
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Kingston, ON4 December 2017
It's ok, They have a bit of everything. I like the people I work with and I like merchandising. The management team are great to work with and are very acomadating.
Pros
Discount
Cons
Wage
Well ... it's a job
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS14 November 2017
Not a great company to work for. No benefits, or wage increases. The other employees tend to be catty and there is a lot of drama in the workplace... you would think this could be 'fixed' by speaking with the DM, but unfortunately she is too 'buddy buddy' with the store managers to do anything about it.
Managers/third keys sit out back socializing/on cellphones while sales associates are out on the floor doing the work.
Pros
30% discount on clothing and footwear
Very rude manager, don’t know what they are doing
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC27 October 2017
I worked for ardene 1 year and a half, hate this place, rude manager, if you’re new, the manager will abuse of you, you have to sell alot if not they will be mad at you, you can’t communicate with your coworkers if you do you get an advice, but if the managers talk between them it’s okay, the managers don’t know what they are doing, you got your schedule 3 day or less in advance, all the stores smells like plastic, bathroom in the backstore not working... the only that kept me going to work was to be with my coworkers who are the best
Pros
The team is fun and amazing
Cons
Everything, Minimum salary
good place to work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON10 October 2017
Great place to work, very reasonable hours. Long days as it is retail. Very busy during the christmas season but no complaints about hours or work environment
It was fun in the beginning but stressful in the end.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB1 October 2017
I had to leave because the job is becoming stressful. My manager is okay but sometimes the task is becoming more impossible, and it feels like I don't get the praise of working hard. I know it was time to leave when my manager commented about the small things ( like I should fold the shirts facing the store, or I did not complete moving the shoe wall in the amount hours were given, which is freaking impossible to do ) instead of praising the big things I've done.

It was okay if you want a part-time job as a student, but not as full-time.
Pros
nice co-workers and manager
Cons
- impossible tasks, short break, cleaning tasks (extremely tiring), strict manager when it comes to cleaning
nice to work for teenager
Part Time Sales Clerk (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON10 July 2017
Ardene is a nice place to shop and to work. where i work before we all get along so nice. I have flexible hours but I'm not sure now! We have discount but I'm not sure anymore.
Pros
flexible
Cons
very busy, lots of folding
Great place to work overall
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Leduc, AB1 July 2017
Great place to work, you are always busy with something to do. The only downside was issues with the manager at the time. We also had a very high turn over which was hard to deal with.
Pros
Great discount, good environment
Cons
work load can be stressful
worse job ever
Third Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC28 May 2017
Immature, uneducated manager that acted like a wannabe popular high school girl with paid groupies. Spent half her time in back store with her phone or trying on the merchandise.
Got away with getting paid to do nothing by blaming everyone else for her inefficiencies.
Low wages for the job you're expected to do. Customer service, visual presentation, cash, stock, mopping, cleaning bathrooms and taking out the trash.
No benefits if you're not manager or assistant manager and no incentives or rewards for beating monthly sales budgets.
If it saves them money, they expect you to go heyond you're work title.

no possibility of moving up in the company unless you know enough people to get you there.
Pros
employee discount and friendships
Cons
everything else
Unprofessional Management, Great Benefits
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON11 May 2017
The employee discount is very decent, and they are very flexible with scheduling but at the same time very cheap on hours. Management at many locations is very unprofessional and rude, beyond anything I have seen at any other company.
Pros
Great discount
Cons
No hours
ok work environment, not good pay or benefits
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  New Glasgow, NS25 April 2017
Ardene is an alright place to work. You do not receive benefits and you only work minimum wage, so it's only a good job if you are a student or just want some extra cash on the side.
Unproductive, mentally and physically draining
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON5 April 2017
I found as an employee at Ardene that there's not enough to do during long hours. I found myself standing around half the time because there just wasn't any work that needed to be done. Although my employees were fun to work with, I still came home after every shift feeling worn out and annoyed.
Pros
good co-workers
Cons
Long hours, unproductive, on feet all day
Fun, Productive
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON13 March 2017
Amazing clothing and accessories. Can be fun to work at, however some days there can be girl drama. Part Timers don't get any benefits. The discounts were GREAT!
Pros
Discounts/Nice stuff
Cons
Drama, No benefits for Part time, no bonuses (yearly)...
Great work environment, super fun fashion and lots of room for advancement
Manager, Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Gatineau, QC2 February 2017
I got the privilege to work with some amazing people over my 11 career at Ardene. I've also worked every position from part-time all the way up to manager. Therefore, there's a lot of room for advancement within the company. It's a fun environment, one also that changes frequently. Fashion is all about keeping up with the trends. I would say the hardest part for me, was the amount of physical labour. I had a smaller staff, the assistant manager and I were the only full-time employees, so sometimes it got to be very tiresome. Overall, I enjoyed my time working for them.
Pros
Great bonus awarded for hard work
Cons
Long hours standing on your feet
Friendly environment
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON14 January 2017
1. Constantly picking up merchandise off of the floor, cleaning up after customers, managing the till and customer complaints
2. I've learned to have great patience
3. Management try their best to provide customer satisfaction
4. Very friendly staff
5. Lots of price changes very often and wall display changes. Way too much stock. Very poor salary for the amount of work put in
6. Working with my staff
Pros
Easy tasks
Cons
Low pay and long hours
Low pay
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Aylmer, QC10 January 2017
Its a good place to work for if you like to work as a team.. the girls i have worked for were amazing... the really bad thing about ardene is that there is alot of favoritism...
Pros
Good team
Cons
Low pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ardene. Our community is ready to answer.