Ardene Pay & Benefits reviews

Worst place to work! Mangement is very bad!!
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Fredericton, NB6 May 2018
One of the most exhausting and stressful work places I ever worked at. Management targets employees and lots of people have left crying from this place. There's very little training but you will get in trouble if you don't know how to do something right. You're expected to clean, greet customers, work on cash and fitting rooms while management stands at cash and talks or goes for multiple breaks to go shopping in the mall. There are no benefits working at Ardene and for all the work expected from you, McDonald's is a better option.
Pros
nothing
Cons
mangement
It’s okay if you’re willing to settle for mediocracy.
Third Key Holder (Current Employee) –  Ontario11 April 2018
While working for the company, you learn that the only thing you like is your discount and maybe the people you work with, and even saying that is a bit of a stretch. Management is horrible, and don’t even get me started on the higher ups because they just let managers get away with anything they want. Stock every week is absolutely outrageous and you’re not allowed to keep any over stock in the back room like most stores. You literally have to stuff every shelf, table, and t-stand as full as possible and deal with the messy consequences later. Hours are extremely inconsistent. Like I said at first, the only thing the job is good for, is first pick of the new Merch and the discount. It’s a good first job, for maybe a year or so, but no more than that. You cannot move up in that company whatsoever because managers and DMs stay for 10+ years. If you want a chill, laid back type of job then apply. If you want something serious and something you can move up in and get raises, just keep moving because you won’t find it here.
Pros
Discount
Cons
Literally everything else
Has its good days and bad
Third Key Holder (Current Employee) –  Red Deer, AB5 April 2018
My manager is the absolute best and all my other coworkers are amazing. They are my second family and I don't know I would be without them. I love the clothes we sell hence why I never have a pay check but overall for our store is awesome.
Pros
Family like, positive attitudes
Cons
Lack of benefits and lack of security
bad management
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC4 April 2018
Management only care about themselves. There's no benefits offered. Super cheap compared to other retail company. Workers only get 15% off while most retail jobs offer 50% off even for sales associate. Always understaffed so we always ended up working more.
Stressful Work and Life Balance
3rd Key Holder (Visual) (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB20 March 2018
Stressful, too much stock to receive and sort. Not enough staff, break room is tiny, rude customers that throw merchandise at us. Dress code is semi-casual. You can't wear things that show shoulders, armpits, open toes or heels, no low cut, no more than 1 facial piercing, no tattoos on front of neck, face, or hands. No hoodies, no branded clothing or shoes, nothing with rips, no sweatpants, no crop tops, no runners, no yoga pants, no leggings unless you wear a long shirt or dress that covers to mid thigh, no skirts or dresses without leggings underneath. No shorts. Dyed hair is acceptable.

Management could learn to care more about their staff, and not just themselves. Manager and Assistant get bonuses, key holders get a gift card to the store, and associates get nothing, maybe some praising.

Constant changing in schedule, never consistent, key holders can't change availability, unfair scheduling. Constant call ins. Not flexible with everyone.
No refunds seems to be a major annoyance for most customers.
Pros
Discounts sometimes
Cons
No Benefits, poor dress code, no flexibility, changing management
Mundane work, almost no hours
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON15 March 2018
Folded shirts and clothes, was told I would receive more hours in the summer. Never worked more than 8 a week despite being told I would receive 14-20.
Fast paced with room to frow
Key holder (Former Employee) –  Sherwood park9 March 2018
If you work hard and can adapt to change, this is the company for you. You are treated with respect and head office listens to what you have to say. I loved working here
Pros
Salary, job advancement
Cons
Short breaks
Wonderful place
acting third key holder (Current Employee) –  New Minas, NS19 February 2018
Ardenes is such a wonderful place, everyone is always friendly, management staff is very understandable, only negitive thing is on long 8 hour days and you only get one 30 minute break is hard and you get tired before you can even have a break but over all wonderful experience
Pros
wonderful people
Cons
long hours short breaks
Fun workplaxe
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Langley, BC5 February 2018
Ardene is a great company to work for, ardene was a great job for me when I just got out of high school. They work well with schedule when you can work only a certain amount of hours.
all girl environment, always gossip
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Cornwall, ON27 January 2018
an all girl work environment. gossip and drama. managers that don't get along and all over unprofessionalism.

no raises. no benefits. an environment where "everybody is replaceable" if you're not happy.
Good workplace
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON26 January 2018
-the workplace had fair management
-the job environment was easy to handle and mostly free of any issues
-fair pay
-the hours were flexible and gave me time for my personal life
Pros
flexibility
Cons
diversity
Fast paced environment, amazing cowrorkers
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  London, ON20 January 2018
Very fasted paced environment, always have something to do. Coworkers are always willing to help out and are very nice people. Some rules and codes are unusual and don't make sense. Not very labour intensive but does require standing on concrete floors for hours at a time without break.
A normal retail Job
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC2 January 2018
Hard work, normal retail job. No benefits

150 minimum to review is too much. The company doesn't necessarily go above and beyond for employees.

Likes to over hire and then cut hours drastically.
Not recommended
Sales associate (Current Employee) –  Kitchener, ON29 December 2017
Didn't enjoy time here due to management and employees. No benefits and salary sucks. No one here cares about you and the head office is very hard to communicate with
productive fun place
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON29 December 2017
a typical day at work would be helping customers and folding clothes

i learned that retail is a good experience to have

workplace culture was multi cultural
Pros
free lunchs
.its ok
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Kingston, ON4 December 2017
It's ok, They have a bit of everything. I like the people I work with and I like merchandising. The management team are great to work with and are very acomadating.
Pros
Discount
Cons
Wage
Well ... it's a job
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS14 November 2017
Not a great company to work for. No benefits, or wage increases. The other employees tend to be catty and there is a lot of drama in the workplace... you would think this could be 'fixed' by speaking with the DM, but unfortunately she is too 'buddy buddy' with the store managers to do anything about it.
Managers/third keys sit out back socializing/on cellphones while sales associates are out on the floor doing the work.
Pros
30% discount on clothing and footwear
Very rude manager, don’t know what they are doing
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC27 October 2017
I worked for ardene 1 year and a half, hate this place, rude manager, if you’re new, the manager will abuse of you, you have to sell alot if not they will be mad at you, you can’t communicate with your coworkers if you do you get an advice, but if the managers talk between them it’s okay, the managers don’t know what they are doing, you got your schedule 3 day or less in advance, all the stores smells like plastic, bathroom in the backstore not working... the only that kept me going to work was to be with my coworkers who are the best
Pros
The team is fun and amazing
Cons
Everything, Minimum salary
good place to work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON10 October 2017
Great place to work, very reasonable hours. Long days as it is retail. Very busy during the christmas season but no complaints about hours or work environment
It was fun in the beginning but stressful in the end.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB1 October 2017
I had to leave because the job is becoming stressful. My manager is okay but sometimes the task is becoming more impossible, and it feels like I don't get the praise of working hard. I know it was time to leave when my manager commented about the small things ( like I should fold the shirts facing the store, or I did not complete moving the shoe wall in the amount hours were given, which is freaking impossible to do ) instead of praising the big things I've done.

It was okay if you want a part-time job as a student, but not as full-time.
Pros
nice co-workers and manager
Cons
- impossible tasks, short break, cleaning tasks (extremely tiring), strict manager when it comes to cleaning

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ardene. Our community is ready to answer.