Ardene Pay & Benefits reviews

Great People, not so great place
SALES ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB31 July 2018
When I first started at Ardene the management was horrible, but the hours were fantastic, I was hired part-time and was getting lots of hours but when I needed a day off management understood. When a new manager came the environment got more friendly but soon they hired a lot more people and I was lucky to get more than ten hours in a week. If that is what you are looking for then the people are great, but after working there for a long time there is no upward advancement no chance of promotions or even a raise unless you somehow find out when they are hiring for higher positions (which they never tell you when they are). The staff discount is great, so if you are looking for a job with very little hours (until Christmas time) then it is a great place to work.
Pros
good people, staff discount, meet lots of people
Cons
no hours, soccer moms, no upward mobility/ promotions
Not enough hours
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK14 July 2018
While working at Ardene I have come to get less and less hours. Ardene does not believe in the idea of seniority. It is a simple job, however you somehow come to feel swallowed by the amount of clothes Headquarters sends for you to put out on the floor.
Saskatoon locations do not provide enough hours.
staff discounts are great but that's about it
Third Key Holder (Current Employee) –  Barrie, ON4 July 2018
The employee discounts are awesome but everything else sucks.
The amount of work asked of you for the amount of pay is ridiculous. There are NO benefits. Scheduling can be pretty flexible but unless you are a part of the management team don't expect many hours at all.
Busy and unorganized
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB4 July 2018
Staff is hard to get along with most of the time and do not care about how what they do effects other people. They are not flexible with hours and because they are typically located in a mall it can be quite overwhelming.
Fun place to work, flexible for students with busy schedules.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK10 June 2018
Overall I good job to have while you're still in school, as hours were very flexible. Good location, and environment to be in. Typical days at work consisted of assisting customers with fitting rooms, finding items, ringing them through at the till. It is a good workplace to extend your knowledge within retail.
Fun workplace.
General Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Dorval, QC5 June 2018
A short time working here. As i need to go leave for my baby. Very nice working place and workmates. No stress at work. Everything is good in this warehouse company.
Cons
Regular duty hours
Decent part-time job. Depends on your location.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON23 May 2018
This isn't bad for a minimum-wage part-time job. Your experience will be heavily influenced by the job location and who you work with (esp your manager). This isn't commission-based, which I enjoyed because I wasn't pressured to make sales.
Worst place to work! Mangement is very bad!!
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Fredericton, NB6 May 2018
One of the most exhausting and stressful work places I ever worked at. Management targets employees and lots of people have left crying from this place. There's very little training but you will get in trouble if you don't know how to do something right. You're expected to clean, greet customers, work on cash and fitting rooms while management stands at cash and talks or goes for multiple breaks to go shopping in the mall. There are no benefits working at Ardene and for all the work expected from you, McDonald's is a better option.
Pros
nothing
Cons
mangement
Great coworkers - horrible management
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Niagara-on-the-Lake, ON14 April 2018
All the girl I worked with were great which made working there not so bad. Management was a complete joke. Our manager called in more than the employees did.
Pros
Great discount
Cons
Long hours and short breaks
It’s okay if you’re willing to settle for mediocracy.
Third Key Holder (Current Employee) –  Ontario11 April 2018
While working for the company, you learn that the only thing you like is your discount and maybe the people you work with, and even saying that is a bit of a stretch. Management is horrible, and don’t even get me started on the higher ups because they just let managers get away with anything they want. Stock every week is absolutely outrageous and you’re not allowed to keep any over stock in the back room like most stores. You literally have to stuff every shelf, table, and t-stand as full as possible and deal with the messy consequences later. Hours are extremely inconsistent. Like I said at first, the only thing the job is good for, is first pick of the new Merch and the discount. It’s a good first job, for maybe a year or so, but no more than that. You cannot move up in that company whatsoever because managers and DMs stay for 10+ years. If you want a chill, laid back type of job then apply. If you want something serious and something you can move up in and get raises, just keep moving because you won’t find it here.
Pros
Discount
Cons
Literally everything else
Has its good days and bad
Third Key Holder (Current Employee) –  Red Deer, AB5 April 2018
My manager is the absolute best and all my other coworkers are amazing. They are my second family and I don't know I would be without them. I love the clothes we sell hence why I never have a pay check but overall for our store is awesome.
Pros
Family like, positive attitudes
Cons
Lack of benefits and lack of security
bad management
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC4 April 2018
Management only care about themselves. There's no benefits offered. Super cheap compared to other retail company. Workers only get 15% off while most retail jobs offer 50% off even for sales associate. Always understaffed so we always ended up working more.
Stressful Work and Life Balance
3rd Key Holder (Visual) (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB20 March 2018
Stressful, too much stock to receive and sort. Not enough staff, break room is tiny, rude customers that throw merchandise at us. Dress code is semi-casual. You can't wear things that show shoulders, armpits, open toes or heels, no low cut, no more than 1 facial piercing, no tattoos on front of neck, face, or hands. No hoodies, no branded clothing or shoes, nothing with rips, no sweatpants, no crop tops, no runners, no yoga pants, no leggings unless you wear a long shirt or dress that covers to mid thigh, no skirts or dresses without leggings underneath. No shorts. Dyed hair is acceptable.

Management could learn to care more about their staff, and not just themselves. Manager and Assistant get bonuses, key holders get a gift card to the store, and associates get nothing, maybe some praising.

Constant changing in schedule, never consistent, key holders can't change availability, unfair scheduling. Constant call ins. Not flexible with everyone.
No refunds seems to be a major annoyance for most customers.
Pros
Discounts sometimes
Cons
No Benefits, poor dress code, no flexibility, changing management
Mundane work, almost no hours
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON15 March 2018
Folded shirts and clothes, was told I would receive more hours in the summer. Never worked more than 8 a week despite being told I would receive 14-20.
Fast paced with room to frow
Key holder (Former Employee) –  Sherwood park9 March 2018
If you work hard and can adapt to change, this is the company for you. You are treated with respect and head office listens to what you have to say. I loved working here
Pros
Salary, job advancement
Cons
Short breaks
Wonderful place
acting third key holder (Current Employee) –  New Minas, NS19 February 2018
Ardenes is such a wonderful place, everyone is always friendly, management staff is very understandable, only negitive thing is on long 8 hour days and you only get one 30 minute break is hard and you get tired before you can even have a break but over all wonderful experience
Pros
wonderful people
Cons
long hours short breaks
Fun workplaxe
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Langley, BC5 February 2018
Ardene is a great company to work for, ardene was a great job for me when I just got out of high school. They work well with schedule when you can work only a certain amount of hours.
all girl environment, always gossip
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Cornwall, ON27 January 2018
an all girl work environment. gossip and drama. managers that don't get along and all over unprofessionalism.

no raises. no benefits. an environment where "everybody is replaceable" if you're not happy.
Good workplace
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON26 January 2018
-the workplace had fair management
-the job environment was easy to handle and mostly free of any issues
-fair pay
-the hours were flexible and gave me time for my personal life
Pros
flexibility
Cons
diversity
Fast paced environment, amazing cowrorkers
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  London, ON20 January 2018
Very fasted paced environment, always have something to do. Coworkers are always willing to help out and are very nice people. Some rules and codes are unusual and don't make sense. Not very labour intensive but does require standing on concrete floors for hours at a time without break.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ardene. Our community is ready to answer.