Ardene Pay & Benefits reviews

Well ... it's a job
Retail Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Dartmouth, NS14 November 2017
Not a great company to work for. No benefits, or wage increases. The other employees tend to be catty and there is a lot of drama in the workplace... you would think this could be 'fixed' by speaking with the DM, but unfortunately she is too 'buddy buddy' with the store managers to do anything about it.
Managers/third keys sit out back socializing/on cellphones while sales associates are out on the floor doing the work.
Pros
30% discount on clothing and footwear
Very rude manager, don’t know what they are doing
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC27 October 2017
I worked for ardene 1 year and a half, hate this place, rude manager, if you’re new, the manager will abuse of you, you have to sell alot if not they will be mad at you, you can’t communicate with your coworkers if you do you get an advice, but if the managers talk between them it’s okay, the managers don’t know what they are doing, you got your schedule 3 day or less in advance, all the stores smells like plastic, bathroom in the backstore not working... the only that kept me going to work was to be with my coworkers who are the best
Pros
The team is fun and amazing
Cons
Everything, Minimum salary
good place to work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON10 October 2017
Great place to work, very reasonable hours. Long days as it is retail. Very busy during the christmas season but no complaints about hours or work environment
It was fun in the beginning but stressful in the end.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB1 October 2017
I had to leave because the job is becoming stressful. My manager is okay but sometimes the task is becoming more impossible, and it feels like I don't get the praise of working hard. I know it was time to leave when my manager commented about the small things ( like I should fold the shirts facing the store, or I did not complete moving the shoe wall in the amount hours were given, which is freaking impossible to do ) instead of praising the big things I've done.

It was okay if you want a part-time job as a student, but not as full-time.
Pros
nice co-workers and manager
Cons
- impossible tasks, short break, cleaning tasks (extremely tiring), strict manager when it comes to cleaning
nice to work for teenager
Part Time Sales Clerk (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON10 July 2017
Ardene is a nice place to shop and to work. where i work before we all get along so nice. I have flexible hours but I'm not sure now! We have discount but I'm not sure anymore.
Pros
flexible
Cons
very busy, lots of folding
Great place to work overall
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Leduc, AB1 July 2017
Great place to work, you are always busy with something to do. The only downside was issues with the manager at the time. We also had a very high turn over which was hard to deal with.
Pros
Great discount, good environment
Cons
work load can be stressful
worse job ever
Third Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC28 May 2017
Immature, uneducated manager that acted like a wannabe popular high school girl with paid groupies. Spent half her time in back store with her phone or trying on the merchandise.
Got away with getting paid to do nothing by blaming everyone else for her inefficiencies.
Low wages for the job you're expected to do. Customer service, visual presentation, cash, stock, mopping, cleaning bathrooms and taking out the trash.
No benefits if you're not manager or assistant manager and no incentives or rewards for beating monthly sales budgets.
If it saves them money, they expect you to go heyond you're work title.

no possibility of moving up in the company unless you know enough people to get you there.
Pros
employee discount and friendships
Cons
everything else
Unprofessional Management, Great Benefits
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Richmond Hill, ON11 May 2017
The employee discount is very decent, and they are very flexible with scheduling but at the same time very cheap on hours. Management at many locations is very unprofessional and rude, beyond anything I have seen at any other company.
Pros
Great discount
Cons
No hours
ok work environment, not good pay or benefits
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  New Glasgow, NS25 April 2017
Ardene is an alright place to work. You do not receive benefits and you only work minimum wage, so it's only a good job if you are a student or just want some extra cash on the side.
Unproductive, mentally and physically draining
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Windsor, ON5 April 2017
I found as an employee at Ardene that there's not enough to do during long hours. I found myself standing around half the time because there just wasn't any work that needed to be done. Although my employees were fun to work with, I still came home after every shift feeling worn out and annoyed.
Pros
good co-workers
Cons
Long hours, unproductive, on feet all day
Fun, Productive
Sales Associate/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON13 March 2017
Amazing clothing and accessories. Can be fun to work at, however some days there can be girl drama. Part Timers don't get any benefits. The discounts were GREAT!
Pros
Discounts/Nice stuff
Cons
Drama, No benefits for Part time, no bonuses (yearly)...
Ardene
Sales associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB21 February 2017
It was okay hated the work. and the customers that shopped there were not nice. they dont pay you enough for the amount of time and energy you put into that store
Good for young girls trying to find a job
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Surrey, BC20 February 2017
fun co workers, good team, management is nice, easy to get to
originizng the clothes can be stressful but it can be fun too. Good hours. Easy work....
Great work environment, super fun fashion and lots of room for advancement
Manager, Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Gatineau, QC2 February 2017
I got the privilege to work with some amazing people over my 11 career at Ardene. I've also worked every position from part-time all the way up to manager. Therefore, there's a lot of room for advancement within the company. It's a fun environment, one also that changes frequently. Fashion is all about keeping up with the trends. I would say the hardest part for me, was the amount of physical labour. I had a smaller staff, the assistant manager and I were the only full-time employees, so sometimes it got to be very tiresome. Overall, I enjoyed my time working for them.
Pros
Great bonus awarded for hard work
Cons
Long hours standing on your feet
Friendly environment
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON14 January 2017
1. Constantly picking up merchandise off of the floor, cleaning up after customers, managing the till and customer complaints
2. I've learned to have great patience
3. Management try their best to provide customer satisfaction
4. Very friendly staff
5. Lots of price changes very often and wall display changes. Way too much stock. Very poor salary for the amount of work put in
6. Working with my staff
Pros
Easy tasks
Cons
Low pay and long hours
Low pay
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Aylmer, QC10 January 2017
Its a good place to work for if you like to work as a team.. the girls i have worked for were amazing... the really bad thing about ardene is that there is alot of favoritism...
Pros
Good team
Cons
Low pay
Workplace
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB6 January 2017
I love this job and I work with wonderful people but the salary is poor and too may people work where i work so the hours are slim to none.
Limited opportunities for advancement, Stressful
Key Holder/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON25 December 2016
Either you work crazy hours or none at all, don't value the employees and have no regard for their safety as most stores don't have security personnel. I work steady hours so at least I have that going for me.
Pros
Steady hours for management, acceptable employee discount
Cons
Really bad at taking care of employees, will do anything just for profit
Poor Management
Sales Associate/Stock (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC6 December 2016
Work is alright, Management in store could use some work. Unorganized with scheduling and very unprofessional. I love my co-workers they are part of why I stay there but other than that I wouldn't stay for the work load they give us with the minimum pay. Worked there almost 2 year with a poor raise after working 18 months.
Worst place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB29 November 2016
I worked in ardene it's basically labour with minimum pay. They make you do so much and the job security is very low they can fire you at any time. Furthermore they are mean and don't care about new employees if you are the quiet and shy type don't work there cause they want a playful person . I was fired cause I was shy and dint really make a lot of friends with my coworkers even thought I did the work very very well. I asked them why they fired me they could not come up with a good answer. Basically Do Not Work In Ardene

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ardene. Our community is ready to answer.

2.8