Ardene Pay & Benefits reviews

Great place to work with lots of exciting projects ahead
Human Resources Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC10 October 2018
Ardene is a great place to work. The culture is very entrepreneurial and there is a lot of room for creativity and initiative. Most managers empower their teams to be self-sufficient and to come up with new ideas. There is a great atmosphere at the office of collaboration and fun. For example, we have monthly birthday celebrations and summer barbecues where the whole office gets together to celebrate.

There are great projects coming up and this is an exciting time to be part of this company.
Pros
Entrepreneurial culture, fun environment
Cons
Limited benefits
good with school
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON4 October 2018
great first retail experience. good hours with school, and workload very simple and not too repetitive. wonderful first customer service experience as well
Not my favorite place to work
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Cranbrook, BC18 September 2018
I moved up quickly, the work was alright. I hated doing the shoe walls. Some of the stuff they made us do was unnecessary which then just made more work for us. In my store the staff was awful, high school kids who just turned adults caused for lots of drama. But on our good days it was alright. Our store didn't follow a lot of what was needed when the District manager wasn't there. The rules provided by Ardene were simple and yet easy to follow, but making a bunch of barely mature adults follow them was very hard. The discounts were great, spent most of my paycheques there. We kept our store clean and usually had a good review from our DM. We also were not allowed to participate in local events, or donate to them which for a small community is a big deal. I hated that all the times we were fundraising it was basically through head office and to which charities they chose... that was a big no no for me.
Pros
discounts, hours, wekkends off, benefits, comission.
Cons
drama, unnecissary work, shoes, .
Kept me busy, loved the people i worked with
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Kelowna, BC9 September 2018
Fun people to work with, and the discounts were good. And they were pretty flexible with the schedule. But was pretty understaffed sometimes and I felt they played favorites with some of the girls.
Fun
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 August 2018
Great first job! Great manager and girls to be working with but at times a lot of drama between girls. But all in all a great place! When manager is great so is the work environment.
Pros
Fun, relaxing, easy going.
Cons
no benefits, having to stay after closing to clean store
Great People, not so great place
SALES ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB31 July 2018
When I first started at Ardene the management was horrible, but the hours were fantastic, I was hired part-time and was getting lots of hours but when I needed a day off management understood. When a new manager came the environment got more friendly but soon they hired a lot more people and I was lucky to get more than ten hours in a week. If that is what you are looking for then the people are great, but after working there for a long time there is no upward advancement no chance of promotions or even a raise unless you somehow find out when they are hiring for higher positions (which they never tell you when they are). The staff discount is great, so if you are looking for a job with very little hours (until Christmas time) then it is a great place to work.
Pros
good people, staff discount, meet lots of people
Cons
no hours, soccer moms, no upward mobility/ promotions
Not enough hours
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK14 July 2018
While working at Ardene I have come to get less and less hours. Ardene does not believe in the idea of seniority. It is a simple job, however you somehow come to feel swallowed by the amount of clothes Headquarters sends for you to put out on the floor.
Saskatoon locations do not provide enough hours.
staff discounts are great but that's about it
Third Key Holder (Current Employee) –  Barrie, ON4 July 2018
The employee discounts are awesome but everything else sucks.
The amount of work asked of you for the amount of pay is ridiculous. There are NO benefits. Scheduling can be pretty flexible but unless you are a part of the management team don't expect many hours at all.
Busy and unorganized
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB4 July 2018
Staff is hard to get along with most of the time and do not care about how what they do effects other people. They are not flexible with hours and because they are typically located in a mall it can be quite overwhelming.
Fun place to work, flexible for students with busy schedules.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK10 June 2018
Overall I good job to have while you're still in school, as hours were very flexible. Good location, and environment to be in. Typical days at work consisted of assisting customers with fitting rooms, finding items, ringing them through at the till. It is a good workplace to extend your knowledge within retail.
Fun workplace.
General Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Dorval, QC5 June 2018
A short time working here. As i need to go leave for my baby. Very nice working place and workmates. No stress at work. Everything is good in this warehouse company.
Cons
Regular duty hours
Decent part-time job. Depends on your location.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON23 May 2018
This isn't bad for a minimum-wage part-time job. Your experience will be heavily influenced by the job location and who you work with (esp your manager). This isn't commission-based, which I enjoyed because I wasn't pressured to make sales.
Worst place to work! Mangement is very bad!!
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Fredericton, NB6 May 2018
One of the most exhausting and stressful work places I ever worked at. Management targets employees and lots of people have left crying from this place. There's very little training but you will get in trouble if you don't know how to do something right. You're expected to clean, greet customers, work on cash and fitting rooms while management stands at cash and talks or goes for multiple breaks to go shopping in the mall. There are no benefits working at Ardene and for all the work expected from you, McDonald's is a better option.
Pros
nothing
Cons
mangement
Great coworkers - horrible management
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Niagara-on-the-Lake, ON14 April 2018
All the girl I worked with were great which made working there not so bad. Management was a complete joke. Our manager called in more than the employees did.
Pros
Great discount
Cons
Long hours and short breaks
It’s okay if you’re willing to settle for mediocracy.
Third Key Holder (Current Employee) –  Ontario11 April 2018
While working for the company, you learn that the only thing you like is your discount and maybe the people you work with, and even saying that is a bit of a stretch. Management is horrible, and don’t even get me started on the higher ups because they just let managers get away with anything they want. Stock every week is absolutely outrageous and you’re not allowed to keep any over stock in the back room like most stores. You literally have to stuff every shelf, table, and t-stand as full as possible and deal with the messy consequences later. Hours are extremely inconsistent. Like I said at first, the only thing the job is good for, is first pick of the new Merch and the discount. It’s a good first job, for maybe a year or so, but no more than that. You cannot move up in that company whatsoever because managers and DMs stay for 10+ years. If you want a chill, laid back type of job then apply. If you want something serious and something you can move up in and get raises, just keep moving because you won’t find it here.
Pros
Discount
Cons
Literally everything else
Has its good days and bad
Third Key Holder (Current Employee) –  Red Deer, AB5 April 2018
My manager is the absolute best and all my other coworkers are amazing. They are my second family and I don't know I would be without them. I love the clothes we sell hence why I never have a pay check but overall for our store is awesome.
Pros
Family like, positive attitudes
Cons
Lack of benefits and lack of security
bad management
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC4 April 2018
Management only care about themselves. There's no benefits offered. Super cheap compared to other retail company. Workers only get 15% off while most retail jobs offer 50% off even for sales associate. Always understaffed so we always ended up working more.
Stressful Work and Life Balance
3rd Key Holder (Visual) (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB20 March 2018
Stressful, too much stock to receive and sort. Not enough staff, break room is tiny, rude customers that throw merchandise at us. Dress code is semi-casual. You can't wear things that show shoulders, armpits, open toes or heels, no low cut, no more than 1 facial piercing, no tattoos on front of neck, face, or hands. No hoodies, no branded clothing or shoes, nothing with rips, no sweatpants, no crop tops, no runners, no yoga pants, no leggings unless you wear a long shirt or dress that covers to mid thigh, no skirts or dresses without leggings underneath. No shorts. Dyed hair is acceptable.

Management could learn to care more about their staff, and not just themselves. Manager and Assistant get bonuses, key holders get a gift card to the store, and associates get nothing, maybe some praising.

Constant changing in schedule, never consistent, key holders can't change availability, unfair scheduling. Constant call ins. Not flexible with everyone.
No refunds seems to be a major annoyance for most customers.
Pros
Discounts sometimes
Cons
No Benefits, poor dress code, no flexibility, changing management
Mundane work, almost no hours
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON15 March 2018
Folded shirts and clothes, was told I would receive more hours in the summer. Never worked more than 8 a week despite being told I would receive 14-20.
Fast paced with room to frow
Key holder (Former Employee) –  Sherwood park9 March 2018
If you work hard and can adapt to change, this is the company for you. You are treated with respect and head office listens to what you have to say. I loved working here
Pros
Salary, job advancement
Cons
Short breaks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ardene. Our community is ready to answer.