Ardene Employee Reviews

Management is horrible
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Lloydminster, AB17 August 2018
Before the change in management, this place was a fun place to work & I enjoyed going to work. When management changed, everything has started to go downhill. The manager not only treats the staff with disrespect, but customers too. Very unfair workplace and is not at all sensitive to family/medical issues. A change in management is needed.
Pros
Good discount
Cons
Short Breaks, Management
unorganized and unprofessional
Assistant Manager/ Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Surrey, BC16 August 2018
gained most of my management experience from here because i was left alone most of the time i worked there. got under paid and management was very unorganized.
new experiences, lots of fun!
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB11 August 2018
you learn to do things on your own and at first it kind of sucks but over time you get used to it. eventually, going to work doesn't feel like a chore anymore! i personally get happy when i see that i am scheduled!
Pros
amazing people around you & employee discounts
Cons
no training, standing for VERY long periods of time
Journée type ardene
Troisième clé (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC9 August 2018
Une journée chez ardène, C'est assez motivant, plein de chose à faire et de client accueillir
Pros
ambiance
Cons
Securité pour certain magasin
blehhhhh
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON9 August 2018
The only enjoyable part of the job was my talking to my co-workers. Management sucked. Typical day at work consists of folding tables all day and customers ruining all your hard work within two seconds. You only get a 30 minute break even if you work 5 hours or 9 hours. The dress code is the worst.You're only allowed to wear ardene shoes. How do you sell trendy fashionable clothes but make your employees wear lame stuff?
Pros
discount
Cons
half the stuff are knock offs
Environement agréable
Associée à la vente (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC6 August 2018
Une agréable expérience professionelle.
Un environnement agréable j'étais entourée par une très bonne équipe
Pros
Travai d'équipe
Cons
Courtes pause
Fun
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 August 2018
Great first job! Great manager and girls to be working with but at times a lot of drama between girls. But all in all a great place! When manager is great so is the work environment.
Pros
Fun, relaxing, easy going.
Cons
no benefits, having to stay after closing to clean store
Great People, not so great place
SALES ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB31 July 2018
When I first started at Ardene the management was horrible, but the hours were fantastic, I was hired part-time and was getting lots of hours but when I needed a day off management understood. When a new manager came the environment got more friendly but soon they hired a lot more people and I was lucky to get more than ten hours in a week. If that is what you are looking for then the people are great, but after working there for a long time there is no upward advancement no chance of promotions or even a raise unless you somehow find out when they are hiring for higher positions (which they never tell you when they are). The staff discount is great, so if you are looking for a job with very little hours (until Christmas time) then it is a great place to work.
Pros
good people, staff discount, meet lots of people
Cons
no hours, soccer moms, no upward mobility/ promotions
An okay starting job.
Store Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON31 July 2018
Loved working here, but it was very catty between workers and they gossiped about each other a fair amount, but everyone was nice (to your face). Had to quit because I had exams and they wouldn't let me take time off work. As well, they were giving me three hours a week, but they were still hiring.
Safe and Welcoming Environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Kingston, ON20 July 2018
Since I have began to work for Ardene my work experience and work habits have changed for the better. One thing that was huge for me was that everyone in the workplace got along. I hope to continue to work for them as long as I can, I just hope the hours get better!
Amazing manager in the Kingston, ON store!!!!
Pros
Excepting Environment
Cons
Few hours
Agreable
Agent de vente (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC17 July 2018
Ardene c est le fun avec tous les vetement. La mode on aime tous.
Amazing job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Kamloops, BC16 July 2018
The staff is amazing and understanding. They would help you get the idea of how the store is managed and it is very easy to learn how to manage a cashier if you are new to the retail scene. For those with experience, it can benefit you more and make sales easier and fun when you interact with customers. The items are lovely and decently price for staff and customers.

There will always be something to do when the store is not active. Otherwise, it is engaging nonetheless to make sure your customers make confident choices.
Pros
Employee discounts, amazing co-workers, stable hours, good pay
Cons
Almost none
Productive and fun workplace
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC16 July 2018
Work begins with the counting of the moneys at the cash register to ensure all records from the previous day are correct. The manager or assistant manager designates a responsibility in the store for each sales associate, after which the doors to the store are opened. My position is usually at the cash, though all sales associates are trained at the cash as well as on the floor. I remain at or around the cash register, refilling the stock in my area until a customer is ready to check out, at which time I politely greet them, make sure they had a helpful service, then inform them about the special deals happening, if it applies to their purchase. If not, I inform them about the general monthly sales and promotions, which I accompany with the appropriate flyer in their bag. I remove all tags before ringing the customer up, then once I have counted the items rang up on the screen to ensure the number corresponds to the amount of items in front of me, I tell the customer his or her total, count the money handed to me out loud and in sight of the customer twice if it is cash, then give him or her the appropriate change back after also counting it out loud twice and in sight of the customer. I quickly but neatly place the items in the appropriate bags with the customers receipt. Finally, I leave the customer with a goodbye that would entice them to come back, most commonly saying : "See you soon!"

I have learned to work in a quick and efficient way at the cash as lines can be very long and the store can be short staffed.

I have also learned better communication and interactive
  more... skills, especially with frustrated customers: to always remain professional, apologizing for the inconvenience, yet not succumbing to inappropriate and unprofessional ways offering discounts or free merchandise on the basis of feeling guilty for a customers dissatisfaction. In other words, I have learned to separate my own feelings and opinions from the work environment.  less
Pros
Manager bought lunches
Cons
Short breaks
Not enough hours
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Saskatoon, SK14 July 2018
While working at Ardene I have come to get less and less hours. Ardene does not believe in the idea of seniority. It is a simple job, however you somehow come to feel swallowed by the amount of clothes Headquarters sends for you to put out on the floor.
Saskatoon locations do not provide enough hours.
Fun and Busy
Victoria Ave E - Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK13 July 2018
One thing i remember with working with Ardene, was the co workers that i had, each one of them were people who were not only professional but also part of the reason why i enjoyed coming into work (other than the pay check)

A normal day of working for Ardene, is first checking in then looking at your tasks for the day, it can range from being the friendly face in the front of the store, to stocking new shipments for the customers to enjoy, throughout these tasks you also had to be able to help a customer who looks like they may be having issues.

The enjoyable part of my job were definitely my co workers and hearing the customers gratitude of your actions for being with them by sharing ideas or suggestions over what colour sweater they should get for their daughter

The hardest part on the other hand were the days where the store was completely dead/not busy, these were the times when time moved dreadfully slow if your tasked with either greeting or cleaning, but you could always ask to help a fellow co worker with their task if needed

Working at Ardene, was a great opportunity for me, as customer when i was younger, to be apart of Ardene on the other side of the customer/worker situation was quite cool to me because i could now see my work in an unbiased way.
Pros
Co workers, breaks, 30% discount
Cons
Loss of hours, dead days
productive and busy work evironment
sales associate (Former Employee) –  LaSalle, ON11 July 2018
-daily tasks assigned
-organization of store and running of store learned
-helpful, productive, kind management team
-overall culture was welcoming, understanding and helpful
Terrible
Third Key Holder (Current Employee) –  Vernon, BC5 July 2018
Mistreat employees, I've never been so mistreated in my life at a company, my health has deteriorated since working here , management is a nightmare, and my co-workers are very rude.
Pros
Cons
rude co-workes
staff discounts are great but that's about it
Third Key Holder (Current Employee) –  Barrie, ON4 July 2018
The employee discounts are awesome but everything else sucks.
The amount of work asked of you for the amount of pay is ridiculous. There are NO benefits. Scheduling can be pretty flexible but unless you are a part of the management team don't expect many hours at all.
Busy and unorganized
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB4 July 2018
Staff is hard to get along with most of the time and do not care about how what they do effects other people. They are not flexible with hours and because they are typically located in a mall it can be quite overwhelming.
Expects too much
Manager (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON2 July 2018
I worked there 7 years and they have changed a lot recently! They expect way too much from one person and always have the store minimally staffed.
There is lots of opportunity for fast advancement though.
Pros
Easy advancement
Cons
Company expectations

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ardene. Our community is ready to answer.