Ardene Employee Reviews

Fun and professional environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON16 April 2018
The managers would act in a professional but welcoming manner, this made it so that it would be easy for sales associates to approach the managers with difficulties and ask for help. I learned how to interact with customers and how to meet the customers needs. The most enjoyable part of the job was learning how to better my communication skills with co workers and customers.
sales associate
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB16 April 2018
ensure that the store is clean, make sure maniquins are up to date. with the newest outfits. excellent company culture, good coworkers. music was also great so it helped the shifts pass fast.
fun work place
Third Key Holder (Former Employee) –  Prince Albert, SK16 April 2018
When I worked at Ardene's, I would clock in. Then I would go see the manager and ask what my tasks were for today. After that, I would go complete my task, while doing customer service at the same. While doing customer service, I would help out at the cash register, help customers pick out items for their loved ones. At the end of the day, I would help clean up, or help cash out the cash register.
Great coworkers - horrible management
SALES ASSOCIATE (Former Employee) –  Niagara-on-the-Lake, ON14 April 2018
All the girl I worked with were great which made working there not so bad. Management was a complete joke. Our manager called in more than the employees did.
Pros
Great discount
Cons
Long hours and short breaks
Mixed feelings
Third Key Holder (Current Employee) –  AB12 April 2018
Really depends on the location you're at, the overall vibe could either be positive or negative. Nothing in between. Co-workers will make your shift worth while, however management is another story.
Work is very repetitive, but what else would you expect for a retail position. You really need to pay attention to detail, if not, then all your work may have gone to waste if it doesn't fit what the manager likes.

Overall, this company itself is growing and it's great to see how successful Ardene will be. However, unless all stores move into bigger spaces, be prepared to deal with a lot of merchandise, and a lot of stuffed t-stands and tables, because there is no such thing as back-stock with this company.
Productive and fun place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON12 April 2018
The store had a warm atmosphere for the customers, the pay and offers that come with the job are very satisfying. Learned a lot of communication and openess skills.
It’s okay if you’re willing to settle for mediocracy.
Third Key Holder (Current Employee) –  Ontario11 April 2018
While working for the company, you learn that the only thing you like is your discount and maybe the people you work with, and even saying that is a bit of a stretch. Management is horrible, and don’t even get me started on the higher ups because they just let managers get away with anything they want. Stock every week is absolutely outrageous and you’re not allowed to keep any over stock in the back room like most stores. You literally have to stuff every shelf, table, and t-stand as full as possible and deal with the messy consequences later. Hours are extremely inconsistent. Like I said at first, the only thing the job is good for, is first pick of the new Merch and the discount. It’s a good first job, for maybe a year or so, but no more than that. You cannot move up in that company whatsoever because managers and DMs stay for 10+ years. If you want a chill, laid back type of job then apply. If you want something serious and something you can move up in and get raises, just keep moving because you won’t find it here.
Pros
Discount
Cons
Literally everything else
productive
sweep
mop
take out garbage
fold clothing
make sure everything is neat and tidy
help people in change rooms
Pros
good breaks
Honestly The worst retail store I've ever worked for
Ratail (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB7 April 2018
There is just too much stuff over crowding head office is nuts that they think the store will stay clean

Management walks around with there cell phones always on playing on social media even though they put passive notes everywhere stating that its not acceptable.

If you have anxiety they will say they do as if its a fad then run around terrorizing you making you think at any moment you could loose your job

This is the end all be all for some of these ladies which sucks

Don't bother saying anything about your life to them they will gossip about you.
Pros
Semi good discount
Cons
Everything about retail is true
great place to work
Seasonal/ Part-time Associate (Former Employee) –  Leamington, ON6 April 2018
customer service is a very demanding job type. Ardene is generally focused on a specific group of customers which makes it a little more guided on the type of service you need to provide. The customers were always very friendly and the management is even more friendly and helpful. I was trained for an appropriate amount of time and never was asked to do anything other that what I was trained for. Customer service through retail is an amazing way to build your skills or to even tone skills further in a slower pace environment.
Pros
breaks, training, flexible schedules.
Cons
varying hours
Has its good days and bad
Third Key Holder (Current Employee) –  Red Deer, AB5 April 2018
My manager is the absolute best and all my other coworkers are amazing. They are my second family and I don't know I would be without them. I love the clothes we sell hence why I never have a pay check but overall for our store is awesome.
Pros
Family like, positive attitudes
Cons
Lack of benefits and lack of security
bad management
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC4 April 2018
Management only care about themselves. There's no benefits offered. Super cheap compared to other retail company. Workers only get 15% off while most retail jobs offer 50% off even for sales associate. Always understaffed so we always ended up working more.
sdfv
None (Former Employee) –  zcvz2 April 2018
it's great working here everyone is polite and sweet. It's an enjoyable job and its fun to adapt to. I would recommend working here since you'll meet great people
Cool managers, microwave in break room.
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Kitchener, ON30 March 2018
Great social atmosphere, friendly coworkers, easy retail job, not too many difficult customers, management and lead associates effective trainers, staff approachable and friendly to ask any questions or concerns to.
Worst job I've ever had
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON29 March 2018
They were nasty and cruel to everyone that wasn't Filipino. I was micro-managed and purposely given shifts I couldn't attend as they were trying to get rid of me. 95% of our customers were homeless/poverty stricken people. This is the Yonge St. location by the way, just down the street from the Eaton Centre.
love ardenes
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC25 March 2018
i had an amazing time at ardenes. it was a nice environment to work in with people that made going to work fun everyday. i would love to work there again
great place
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Yorkton, SK24 March 2018
A very fun and exciting place to work at. Great experience working here. Learnt a lot of new things. Provides opportunities to learn things by yourself.
Good, but not great
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON24 March 2018
The team is very fun to work with, and direct management is amazing. District managers are the most unprofessional I have ever encountered. Hours are inconsistent from week to week. The discount is incredible!
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Unprofessional upper management
Mediocre
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON24 March 2018
Awful work/life balance, rude employees and management, good pay with all the hours I was getting, taught me life skills. overall a good first job experience.
never good enough
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB21 March 2018
constantly expected to be perfect, make no mistakes, and mange 15 things at once and complete all within an impossible time limit. run back and forth constantly while still being told your not doing enough. customers are always hostile over the no cash refunds policy.
Pros
mostly female employees, very friendly coworkers
Cons
management is extremely critical

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ardene. Our community is ready to answer.