Ardene

Ardene Employee Reviews

Canada832 reviews
C’était in bon boulot
Sa ma appris le véritable travail en équipe, la gérante était sympa. J’aimais travaillé avec mes collègues et j’adorais les soirée backstage c est on
Upper management was difficult and made the enviornment unlikable.
Not a fun place to work in terms of dealing with upper management, pay was fine but job was high demand and high stress, would never recommend, a very mentally taxing work enviornment
friendly coworkers and flexible manager
At my location, everyone I worked with became my friend. The team was really close and I still stay in touch with my coworkers. Management isn't the best, however my manager was really friendly and definitely felt like an aly and a friend. However, I know there were management issues at other locations.
Fun place to work with amazing and understanding co workers
The workplace culture here at Ardene is amazing and the co-workers are always there to help, be it be related to work or personal work. Helped me a lot to teach me ways to approach customers, talk with them, helping them, in short strengthening my communication skills.
Bad pay, fun work
What I liked about working at my store is that we were busy all the time. There was a lot of customers and if not, there was always tasks to do in the store so I rarely saw the days go buy.
Personally I got along really well with the supervisor and my store made money so I had flexibility on how to run it and organize it. I rarely felt like the people above were stepping on my toes but again, I did my job well.

That being said, I think there's a need for supervisors and I feel like they end up hiring anyone sometimes. I've met some from other districts that I felt were rude, entitled, would lie to their employees to keep them around and would create drama.

Pay wise, Ardene is one of the cheapest companies out there unfortunately. I got a raise maybe ONLY 1.50$ an hour over 4 years even though I was exceptionally good at my job; made the budgets, surpassed yearly budgets, no drama in my store, happy employees, low turn over, clean store, ect.

A good manager is hard to find and yet they kept pushing back my raise or finding excuses.

It's as if Ardene didn't yet understand that the manager position should be treated like a career. Meaning that they should be well paid to be encouraged to stay. A store with a good stable manager is a store that will make money. If you keep changing your staff because you don't pay well enough, you end up with skill lacking management, unhappy employees and constant turn overs that cost money and it's not productive.

I started at 17$ and ended up at 18.50$ I think. Had they been willing to pay 20-21$/h like a multi million dollar store
 - more...
Ardene
en faite côter ambiance c'était une belle expérience avec le staff , il y avait le respect entre nous les employées , on donnait nos idées par rapport aux code vestimentaire des mannequins . Des bons moments !
discipline and fun workplace
Job Responsibilities:
•Ensuring outstanding service by creating a friendly environment. This includes greeting, acknowledging and reproaching every customer, and being knowledgeable about products.

•Staying up to date on the most current sales and promotions.

•Assisting in merchandising displays and store cleanliness.

•Processing purchases at the cash register.
Fast-paced, multi-tasked and fun!
South common location 308
Typical day is greeting and helping customers, working the cash desk, putting out stock, merchandising and RECOVERY (cleaning up after messy customers). Usually you will be assigned a “task” to do (ex. unpacking shoes) while you help customers throughout the day. You need to be capable of multi-tasking!

Management was pretty good. They were understanding and supportive of employees most of the time, however there were a few instances where I saw mild favouritism. Head office was also not always the best. Overall the team was pretty good, though!

The job is a bit physically strenuous (ex. lifting heavy boxes, standing the whole 8 hour shift). 4/5 hour shifts get no break, and then anything over 5 hours get one 30 minute break.

Customers can be pretty difficult, but you get used to it and it helps build up your social skills a lot. I am now a master at conflict resolution and communication! My fellow employees were also very good at helping each other out whenever we needed it.

Overall, I would recommend working here. I worked here for about 1.5 years and it was my first job. It was a great first job because you have lots of different responsibilities so you learn lots. It's not a super easy job and it keeps you busy, but it's definitely a rewarding and great experience!
Productive and fun work space.
Productive, fast paced, positive work environment, friendly and welcoming management. I learned how to handle money better and improved my customer service.
Pros
Discount
Cons
Hard On Feet (Standing for long periods)
Typical retail experience
Management respects your hours of availability as long as you make it clear right away. Love managers in the store, upper management can be unreasonable in their expectations. Will ask for a lot but not give enough time to do so. Very easy to advance in the company, but pay remains low. Customers can be very rude and will downright attempt to assault you and upper management will not have your back.
Its an amazing work environment with awesome coworkers and a great management team I absolutely love working here. Best job i have ever had hands down!
Not recommending
I was joined for seasonal basis which was just limited to folding of clothes and cleaning . Other than that they never gave any other job. Not flexible at all. Not at all friendly. People working from long time have a lot of attitude. Not recommending.
Horrible
The worst job ever!!! They expect so much for so little. Lots of double shifts and the managers do nothing but delegate criticize and degrade!!! Overload of stock and they want it done in a day while serving customers at the same time. Rate of pay is terrible!!! Not worth it!
Good company to work for!
I love this company is geared towards women! It's all about empowering women and hard-working women! All-in-all this is a great company to work for, I believe all retailers should make more than they do so there's always room for improvement there.
productive and fun
I learned about company policy and objectives, their job standards, and the customer experience from the company's view. I learned about a different way of merchandising than what I have been previously taught from other companies.
Super contente
Au Ardene , les clients sont tellement adorables , ma patronne était tellement gentille et souriante
Fast paced
Working here was very fast paced and busy lots of things to do always something to do I learned a lot about clothing fashion and jewelery made a lot of new friends and helped a lot of people match clothing
Bad environment
The manager in Medicine Hat is a absolute crackhead, the employees are stuck up and it’s not a good place to work. Would not recommend applying to this job
Meh
If you're an anglophone, don't even bother applying. The manager is clearly biased towards her francophone employees. To the point where even if you didn't do anything wrong, you'd get attitude from her constantly. They treat you as if you don't know how to do your job, but never tell you what you're doing wrong. There's blatant favoritism happening. Just a lack of respect in general.
Great workplace with amazing people!
Overall just a great place to work and very enjoyable. I found it very nice and appealing. Also where i worked (the warehouse sale) it was always packed with customers and very fast paced.
Travail agréable
Équipe de travail agréable, horaire ok, direction jeune et pas toujours juste et équitable