Ardene

Ardene Employee Reviews

Met some really amazing co-workers and the team work was outstanding but the hours were good at first but after awhile went very short. So I had a ruff time paying rent and food.
Pros
Great Co-workers
Cons
Short hours
If you enjoy feeling like your part of a family then ardenes the spot! Throughout my years of experience with retail companies, is that it makes a big difference when a company is team oriented versus position/seniority ranks. Makes everyone feel equal an prompts better team bonding and building, which I think ardenes completely has an will only get better and better with time!
Always help their employees with their needs, fun workplace , good salary , supporting staff , team work , good management , Ocean of the information about new styles.
Pros
Cooperative supporting management
Cons
Too much work
It was a stressful work experience and I wouldn’t recommend it to anybody who’s just starting out, We didn’t have a manager at the location i worked and it was always a constant competition between employees, it was like high school all over again, if the assistant manager there didn’t like you, you lost your job with no explanations. It’s a very stressful and draining environment.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Not enough hours and poor management
Would be great for a student or someone looking for a starting job . Not really any room for advancement so not somewhere you would want to work at long term , unless your on of the few lucky ones who get full time hours .
Pros
Discount
Cons
Not many hours
There was no manager at the store I worked at so everything was a bit wonky. It felt a lot like highschool between coworker, no sense of teamwork. Didn't like the overall environment. Store was very small and they often overscheduled and when they did there was not much work to do and then they would get angry at you for not doing anything. Don't recommend to anyone just starting to work, very stressful.
Pros
Discount
Cons
Long hours, not a good environment
Stressful management and head office demands that made no sense Lazy employees who complained lots Overall great place to work if u get a along with everyone
Pros
Pay was good with bonus
Cons
Rude managers
Management (store level and higher) was extremely rude and short with all staff. The company cares more about making money than the well being and mental health of the employees. The pay was always weird, you'd either make way more than you were supposed to or way less, but NEVER the proper amount owed. Hours are trash either you work an entire 7 day week or just 1 day, and there's so many rules. Most of them don't even make sense ie. being on the floor and working 15 minutes before your shift starts. The customers are all angry moms and most are extremely rude. Overall the worst working experience I've EVER had. The only good part is the 50% discount stacks on top of the deals they have going on, and non-managment coworkers were amazing.
Pros
Employee discount
Cons
The entire job
This would be a good job for a first timer or anything. My coworkers were nice and management was fantastic. I am still friends with my manager, I would recommend Ardene for sure!
I've been with ardene for some years now and never been giving a raise except when I get promoted to a third key holder. I've always shown that I wanted to have an evolution in the company, and it never moved. The salaries are WAY too low , only the assistant store manager and the store manager gets the bonus,( 5%/over$ in cash when you made the month budgets) third key holders get a 20$ gift card and, well, the sales associate gets nothing. Only store manager and assistant store manager gets assurances and higher salaries ( below the average salaries for their status)
Pros
Discount
Cons
Salaries, pause
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Ardene?
Ardenes in Mic mac was a great place to work, really great coworkers and management and I really enjoyed my time there. I learned a good amount of skills to apply to my next job and always felt supported and cared about there.
The only thing that was good about the job was meeting my co-workers and the discount. Management was awful and created the most toxic work environment ever.
Pros
Discount
Cons
Not enough hours, unprofessional management
Working at Ardene was a fun experience. Had to interact with customers and try to increase sales, put new merchandise out on the floor, CONSTANTLY refold stuff on the tables, fix display window whenever there was a new promotion, and monitor fitting rooms. sometimes It felt like the same 10 songs were on repeat so I would lose my mind at times. There were also difficult customers that ignored the return policy after explaining it to them before purchasing and threatened to call head office. Other than that, great work environment and loved my coworkers!
Pros
discounts on everything except basic collection
Cons
tiny break room
Girls were sometimes rude and snarky, on their phones a lot during the day and you can expect to be let go after not very long for no reason or explanation at all.
Management and key holders make very close to minimum wage. If you're thinking of applying for these positions, just take your talents elsewhere. It's not worth it. Know your worth! It's a good place to work at if your a student. My schedule was flexible. The other sales associates were mostly friendly and team players. For the years that I worked there, I was never given a raise, nor was there a performance review at any time. You actually have to ask for a review.Some managers were friendly, while others were rude (includes district manager).
Pros
Supportive coworkers
Cons
No raises, low paying positions
This was my personal experience. When I was hired as a Sales Associate at the Ardene near my house it was not the job itself but the management and other employees that made it a negative experience. I was never given proper training or given a chance to prove myself. The in store manager was highly biased towards her more senior employees and only used the younger employees as filler, I never received the amount of hours that we agreed on in my interview and twice went two weeks without a shift. There was zero communication from my manager and then they would get angry at me when I asked any sort of question, and one of my coworkers overheard my manager and the third keyholder saying bad things about every other employee in our store. I also felt very isolated while working because the more senior employees were not friendly. I tried to do my best and make the most of the situation but I ended up quitting because I could not handle the disrespect and unprofessionalism any longer.
Pros
Good Benefits
Fill boxes with shoes all day long , work in a fairly hot place , no ac , if you can last more than 1 week of work that's already an achievement , plus the salary is always the minimum .
Pros
easy job
Cons
boring, repetitive, poor salary.
I enjoyed my time working at Ardene, I was always happy to go in for my shift even on my bad days , the work environment was always something I was looking forward too , getting busy helping customers and helping them make out fits or what option I had
Pros
flexibility with hours
I worked at the circle centre location for 3 years. And more drama in that work place happened than I even thought was possible. Management? Terrible. Very shady group of people. Shady company and rules in general. Claim they run a tight ship but don’t. District manager, verbally abusive to employees not to mention discriminatory. I want those 3 years back.
Pros
I left, met some of my now best friends
Cons
Managment!
Very friendly and welcoming environment. I was well trained and ready to complete every and any task that was given to me. My coworkers were so kind and generous with sharing help. Rarely did I feel judged or mistreated during my time at Ardene. If I struggled with a task/project, I knew I could count on my fellow coworkers to assist me in reaching my goals!
Pros
Positive and uplifting environment
Experience stressante pour un salaire qui n'offre qu'un salaire minimum
  1. Employee reviews