Ardene Employee Reviews

Productive and engaging workplace
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB16 February 2019
A day at Ardene would consist of helping costumers and fellow employees. I learned to express myself and be more open to talking with others. The management was very helpful in making my job experience fun and engaging.
Terrible environment
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Salmon Arm, BC14 February 2019
I worked at Ardene for 7 months before management decided to lay everybody off a week before Christmas. Management in general is terrible — the assistant manager and manager are best buddies in and outside of work and would always team up to belittle me. Never felt like the work I did was enough even when I went above and beyond. District manager was equally as awful — gave me vague, insincere answers whenever I had inquiries. This company truly does not care about the livelihood of their employees.
Pros
Discounts, that’s it.
Cons
Inconsistent management, rude management, environment similar to that of a high school hallway.
Bad management
Assistant Manager Sales (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON13 February 2019
Terrible company , poor customer service, poor management, no communication, terrible wage. No dress code... Girls are always crying and feeling run down..
Bon premier emploi
Gérante (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC10 February 2019
Pour étudiantes voulant aquérir de l'expérience, c'est super
Really great work enviroment, super friendly girls
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS9 February 2019
Everyone was super friendly and nice. I made some really great friends working here. I learned lots about retail and gained confidence socially. The managers there were so amazing.
Great Experience
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Markham, ON8 February 2019
For someone who never had retail experience, this is the best place to learn and gain new experience. Working there is the best. You have so much fun.
Good work environment
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Brampton, ON6 February 2019
The work environment is friendly, and they are flexible with student schedules and availability. I learned great customer service experience with this job and I enjoy talking to customers.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Busy Christmas season - mall closes late
Environnement de travail agréable
Service à la clientèle (Former Employee) –  Bromont, QC6 February 2019
Travail agréable, collègues sympathiques, rabais sur la marchandise.
Pros
Rabais
Cons
Pas beaucoup d'heures
Good overall job but super unorganized
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Salmon Arm, BC4 February 2019
I enjoy working here. Friendly staff, good work environment but management isn't the greatest and overall they seem super unorganized. a few staff members had no shifts for a couple weeks causing them to quit.
great co-workers but management was tricky
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  North Vancouver, BC4 February 2019
great first job to gain experience, amazing co-workers, and nice customers. management is okay, but overall a good place. Great during busy periods, but slow periods can be difficult.
Pros
discounts
Cons
management
Not good
part time sales associate in Sault Ste. Marie (Former Employee) –  Sault Ste. Marie, ON4 February 2019
Manager had favourites and treated the rest of the employees unfair. The manager broke alot of rules and when workers went to DM, the DM did not care and allowed it to keep happening.
Bonne entreprise
Assistante-gérante (Current Employee) –  Beloeil, QC3 February 2019
L'entreprise est là pour ses employés. Nous sommes bien rémunérés. Par contre, nos horaires changent souvent car nous devons souvent couper les heures en fonctions du budget d'heures par rapport aux chiffres que nous avons fait.
Pros
Bonne ambiance de travail, bon patron
Cons
Trop de commande selon le volume du magasin
Poor Management, high staff turnover
Key Holder/Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  St. Albert, AB2 February 2019
Although a very popular store and always busy, it was very poorly managed. I noticed some employees being favored over others and also witnessed the mistreatment of some employees. Customers also noticed mistreatment and verbal abuse and commented on what a terrible place it must be to work. Staff were walking out on a weekly basis, they have difficulty keeping staff and even though I was a key holder, I also chose to leave.
Pros
Customer Service
Cons
Poor Management, mistreatment of staff
Ambiance et équipe agréable, compagnie demandante
Associée aux ventes (Former Employee) –  Mascouche, QC29 January 2019
Ardene Co. demande de constants changements marketings et visuels, souvent excessivement compliqués et donne très peu de temps pour accomplir ces changements. J'ai vécu une mauvaise expérience de gestion qui a résulté en ma démission de la compagnie. Ce qui me manque le plus est mon équipe de travail, qui sont devenues des amies plutôt que des collègues.
Productive and fun
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON25 January 2019
Easy going, easy to make friends and practice social skills with customers, work on customer service. training could be a little more thorough for employees.
Pros
good discount
The most annoying thing about this job.
Third Key Holder (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON20 January 2019
Im currently a third key holder and the amount of work that I do and the amount of paid/hours I get does not match up. Management isn't helpful all neither.
Pros
Amazing team
Cons
Not enough paid for amount of work I do.
Fun, productive , safe environment
Mapleview Ave - Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON20 January 2019
Loved working there. i could not have asked for a better experience.I have learned a lot working there. i learned how to deal with customers and how to work in a fast paste environment.
Pros
Great co-workers, good hours
Cons
Na
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Nanaimo, BC18 January 2019
I love working because of my co-workers. They make the terribly rude middle aged soccer moms tolerable. The discount genuinely sucks and is never worth it. I think some of the dress code policies are ridiculous and I generally hate the store aesthetic.
Pros
Making wall and window displays
Cons
Working in a mall
good
Brand Stylist (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB15 January 2019
managing school schedule and work schedule was tough at times but the managing team that was i at the time were pretty great. Few hiccups with management, since they seemed to hire all the time
productive!
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Vernon, BC9 January 2019
I always had something to do! i loved working there because I was constantly moving around the store. I definitely loved working there because the styles were awesome and could fit anyone!
Pros
safe environment

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ardene. Our community is ready to answer.