Ardene

Canada967 reviews

Found 967 reviews matching the searchSee all 1,018 reviews
stockstorediscountgirlclotheretailclothingcustomer

Fun close knit community

Working here is fun and not a terrible job . Can be repetitive at times but overall not bad . One of the downsides is no benefits unless you’re a manager . Positives is the work life balance is really good .

Great coworkers, terrible company

Grateful for all the friends I’ve made while working here but it’s not a place to advance your career. Only good for part timers who want to make some extra cash on the side. Job is easy, folding clothes, customer service checking out etc. I had a lot of crazy customers while working here. Quality of their goods is very cheap, received a lot of customer complaints. Upper management doesn’t care about anything else except money of course it is the same with any other big company. Would never work for this company again!

Insights into Ardene

Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job
  • Energizing work tasks
  • General feeling of work happiness

Horrible management!

Management is horrible and they play favorites they are very unfair to staff. Same goes for HR. I wouldn’t recommend working here the only good thing was store discount and some staff. They also pile on a work load that isn’t fair to the amount your being paid for.

Pros

Store discount

Stressful, overly competitive, favouritism

Fast-paced retail jobs aren’t the dream but this job could have been so much better with a more professional and organized environment. So often my coworkers would be subject to childish gossip and drama which was impossible to stay out of when management gossips about every move made by employees, in and out of work. Prepare to have your mental health/medical history and personal life either disregarded or used against you if you veer off of management’s “good side”. All of this on top of the already existing dysfunction the company seems to operate on which made the tasks I actually found rewarding nearly impossible to do well. I almost never called in, but would be guilt tripped and had to spend money multiple times for doctors notes to prove the reason for the day off (unless you were a favourite it didn’t really seem to matter, otherwise you’re fired). For entry-level retail, not worth the stress and feeling of judgement. Definitely like high school.

Pros

Some creative tasks

Cons

Stressful, lack of support, disorganized, favouritism

Typical retail experience, keep expectations low

Worked here part-time for 3 years while in school, most employees were in a similar situation so they were pretty good with accommodating everyone's schedule. There's no commission and you get paid minimum. "Break" room is not comfortable.

Wow

I don't even have words for this job. The coworkers were amazing, and I made awesome friends but everything else was a disaster.

Not good.

It was a genuinely awful experience. You will never be paid enough for what their expectations are. The customers are awful and rude. There is absolutely no room for advancement or more functional work practices. This is, at best, an extremely temporary job.

Do not work here

Management and upper management very rude and disrespectful.It was stressful going to work They don't know how to treat peopleManager needs training on handling staff

Pros

Meeting my co workers

Cons

Stress and drama

Don't even think about it; SKIP!

I loved working with all the coworkers (they were amazing) at this location except for the current manager.The main issue was scheduling, favoritism, and the way that manager behaves.Strongly disagree with people who want to apply and work here, you would highly regret it. (Please trust me!!!)If you would like to know more details about this job, go ahead and try it on your own.

Pros

Coworkers

Cons

Poor management

Terrible place to work

They will fire you for literally no reason and then just tell you that you didn’t meet the criteria right before 30 days so they don’t have to keep you and give you benefits.

Pros

Minimum wage

Cons

Literally everything else

doit améliorer la formation de leur superviseur

les superviseurs n’ont pas trop de respect à l’egard des employés, sinon l’équipe de travail est assez bonne vibe

Environnement productif

Environnement productif Crée amitiéeSalaire correctEsprit d’équipe

Too stressful and too serious for such a low paying job

This company takes itself far too seriously for a place that sells overpriced clothing, obviously made in sweatshops. Turn over is super high in the stores for a reason. None of the management is adequately trained for the position. Most are just thrown in and expected to figure things out. Not a good experience working for this company.

Superbe

Devoir être polyvalent et apte à travailler sous le stress, pas pour ceux qui pense que c'est juste être debout à parler sans rien faire ;). C'est-à-dire de s'occuper de placer la nouveauté le plus rapidement possible sur le plancher de vente tout en s'assurant que la clientèle est servie, de même que de distribuer les tâches aux employés et de suivre les demandes du bureau-chef (changements visuels, retour d'articles saisonniers,...)

Fun Workplace, High Firing Rates

I worked at Ardenes for about a month. The store was good and m co workers were really nice. I honestly felt like I belonged and loved working there. I thought i was doing really well at the job and then all of a sudden my manager pulls me to the back and says that I'm fired because I "didn't meet the requirments for the job by 30 days." I then found out that this is an extremely common thing for Ardenes. If you dont want to be fired in a month for no reason I dont recommend the job.

Average retailer

Unfortunately this company preaches work life balance but does not practice this, the work load is never ending. There is a big disconnect between what is expected and what is achievable. Pay is on the lower end of the retail pay

Pros

Discount

Cons

Long hours, not realistic expectations

Good Management and Good Discounts

Good place to work. Personally I had really great managements but you are underpaid for the work you do and often you have to do more than your position requires you to do which is not good

Environnement stressant et déséquilibré

Étant donné que tout les superviseurs, bureau chef sont à Montréal et aux alentours, c’est très dure d’avoir accès à certaines informations-aide-nouveautés, aucune gérante formée en poste depuis 2019, donc c’est un vrai tourbillon,mais le côté positif est la belle marchandises et les rabais employés. Tu dois être disponible très souvent car avoir des employés fidèles sont rares.

Great discount, Bad management

i liked working with my coworkers and interacting with customers but the management takes a toll on my mental health at work. Most of the people who apply for sales associate or part of the management doesn't last too long in this job.As a sales associate who has been working for a long time, they expect me to basically do responsibilities of the management which is beyond my pay grade of minimum wage. I can barely get a time off due to my other workers calling in “sick” or not showing up at all for their shifts which gets put on to me. It also puts me in stress trying to juggle between work, school and social life.I’m greatful to work and become friends with my coworkers, its just the management that actually needs some managing in this company.

Not productive, horrible time management skills within management 0

Better positive training within the Management team I feel could uplift the overall happiness of the workplace. Team building skills within the management I feel would be crucial for a happier positive crew.

It was fine

Management was sometimes unhelpful and could be rude at times but the other employees were amazing and it is a fun atmosphere most of the time. The pay is average and there is little room to move up but it is still possible.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ardene. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.9 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement