Ardene Employee Reviews

Awesome manager, not so great company
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ON2 December 2018
Worked there for about four years, and the reason I stayed so long was because I had an amazing manager who genuinely cared about her staff. The company overall wasn't well organized, especially with anything to do with payroll or contacting head office. The Point of Sale system changed while I worked there to a better system, so the technology is at least advancing, but they need to focus on better communication down the line.
Their stock shipments were very unorganized - nowhere to store them in the back and we would get shipments of 150 boxes at once that would be on the salesfloor, in the way of customers.
Traditionally when working retail, you're allocated a certain amount of hours to manage your stock, not with Ardene. You're expected to get through impossible amounts of stock, while serving customers. It was incredibly stressful because of this.
Pros
Great manager, fun environment
Cons
Stressful amount of stock, lack of company communication
Easy going, light work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON29 November 2018
Ardene's is a great place to work if you're looking to get a job in retail. The management is pretty easygoing, and the work is not too complicated. Overall, I had no issues with the workplace, its a great starting job.
Healthy and Social Environment with Learning Opportunities
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Woodstock, ON28 November 2018
Every single day at Ardene was an opportunity to learn. There were various aspects of the job including customer service, loss prevention, sales targeting, merchandising, and handling stock. I personally trained 15-20 girls on these various aspects and consistently monitored the store's performance to increase sales goals and targets.
Pros
Long hours, built healthy relationships, fun environment to work in
Fun workplace you get to create bonds.
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC27 November 2018
I’ve been working here for about 7 months now and I must say, it’s a fun experience and you get to work with really great people! Sometimes stock gets a little annoying when you’re the only one doing it. However, management team is great, a good team starts with great management. It’s a good first job to start in retail.
Pros
Fun staff, discounts, experience
Cons
You’re never guaranteed your hours therefore you’re never guaranteed a good paycheck
Ardene
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Prince Albert, SK21 November 2018
Fun, energetic, understanding staff and enjoyable, fun work environment. Staff discounts and sales/promotions are incredible. Good computer video training. Flexible hours.
Emploi etudiant
Assistante gérante (Former Employee) –  Saint-Sauveur, QC13 November 2018
tres bon endroit pour emploi etudiant. Horaire flexibles, travail dans la mode et rabais pour les employes. Taches relativement simple + logiciel tres simple
Bad management
Seasonal Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Niagara-on-the-Lake, ON13 November 2018
Store manager is incapable of remembering important things it’s her way or no she’s still learning how to run the store employees have to teach her how to do things overall shouldn’t be a store manager
management
Assistante gérante et présentation visuelle (Current Employee) –  Sorel-Tracy, QC6 November 2018
J'apprend tous les jours combien il est important d'être un bon leader pour le bon fonctionnement de l'équipe et du magasin.
Pros
Repas gratuit au boxing day
Cons
Pas d'assurance pour tous les employés.
Productive and fun place to work
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON5 November 2018
Very flexible with hours and illnesses when occured, management was kind and fun to be around, the hardest part of the job was being able to stand on your feet for hours.
Pros
Discount
Cons
Drama
Fun Busy and Productive
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK2 November 2018
I have learned a lot working at ardenes that had given me more work experience in sales. I organized files and learned how to stock clothing by size. It was a very fast paced job and the management was alright, it wasnt the best. Very professional work place
Terrible management
Sales Associate (Part-time) (Former Employee) –  Vernon, BC31 October 2018
I worked at the Ardene in vernon, the manager talks crp about all of her employees to other employees behind their backs. She picks on certain girls and favours others. She screws everyone over and also has no idea what she's doing. She was brought in as manager, didn't even work her way up. She thinks she's superior to everyone else and won't take the blame for anything, in fact she won't train you in most stuff and then take it out on you for not being trained. An absolute train wreck. She is the SOLE reason I quit
Pros
Non stress
Cons
Awful manager
Terrible Upper Management
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Barrie, ON30 October 2018
Terrible place to work. Area manager was known for picking on the "new girl" and no one did anything about it. My in store manager was fine but the store was like every other Ardene's, a mess and tons of shoplifting. Only good thing was that there were tons of hours available because someone was always quitting.
Pros
Lots of hours
Cons
Horrible Upper Management
It's alright
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC27 October 2018
It was a god experience but not good enough to make me stay. Most people were nice. The place was not the cleanest and I never really felt comfortable with the manager.. She was nice though..
Pros
good discounts
not a good workplace
manager (Current Employee) –  d mall24 October 2018
this place is horrible to work at they do not appreciate their employees. all they want you to do is work like a dog and not get any positive feedback
Pros
Cons
everything
bonne energie
Vendeuse (Current Employee) –  Anjou, QC15 October 2018
les employées étaient toutes sympathiques, toujours une bonne ambiance de travail.
jobs
ardene (Current Employee) –  Saint-Jean-sur-Richelieu, QC12 October 2018
très bonne jobs mais une mauvaise gestion et vente sous pression
Pros
horaire flexible
Cons
mauvaise gestion
Great place to work with lots of exciting projects ahead
Human Resources Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC10 October 2018
Ardene is a great place to work. The culture is very entrepreneurial and there is a lot of room for creativity and initiative. Most managers empower their teams to be self-sufficient and to come up with new ideas. There is a great atmosphere at the office of collaboration and fun. For example, we have monthly birthday celebrations and summer barbecues where the whole office gets together to celebrate.

There are great projects coming up and this is an exciting time to be part of this company.
Pros
Entrepreneurial culture, fun environment
Cons
Limited benefits
good with school
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Oakville, ON4 October 2018
great first retail experience. good hours with school, and workload very simple and not too repetitive. wonderful first customer service experience as well
Good job at first...
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB28 September 2018
I was there a couple years, first year was great. great people. great management. then it turned out to be a terrible place to work.. The manager would look for anything to write you up with. The manager is very in her own words is very ""manipulative"" and talks about all her coworkers. Nothing you say to her stays with her... all of management will know what you've companied about. they also change and lie about situations that happen just so they can write you up. It is nothing but a high school environment.. Make you work every Friday and Saturday at 7:30am and don't switch it up. hours get cut all the time. If you have a complaint about management and you cant go to them with it, head office won't believe you. they also do anything to push you out, or use you. I know girls who were over worked and taken advantage of over and over again. I do not recommend staying at this job more then a couple months. there is hardly any praising for anything you... maybe a card on the wall but that's about it.. they also give management a bonus for making budget... third keys get gift cards but the girls who are on the sales floor and not hiding in the back room get nothing, even thought we do all the work.. they also fire new girls over not being able to work Sundays and for not doing their jobs even when they were not trained properly …..
Pros
discount is nice.
Cons
pretty much everything
Fun manager and staff for the most part
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Terrace, BC27 September 2018
Good first iob to start with. Definitely not a job I want to spend the rest of my life doing, but until I figure out what I want to do might aswell work somewhere.
Pros
Friendly staff
Cons
Repetitive

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Ardene. Our community is ready to answer.