Arcus Community Resources Employee Reviews

I wouldn't put my kids in their care
ABA/Behaviour Interventionist (Current Employee) –  Maple Ridge, BC19 September 2018
Good to learn into ABA programs. Great consultants. Bad workplace culture. Clients are great to work with as well as other support staff. Not great training. Bad benefit program.
Incredible Organization
Behaviour Support Home Team Leader (Current Employee) –  British Columbia17 August 2018
I was hired at Arcus in 2015 with a degree in Criminology and no real sense in what I wanted to do with life. Shortly after working at Arcus I knew that I wanted to work in this field. Everyone here is incredibly kind and supporting, there is room for advancement within the company, it pays great, and they support their staff in helping them advance their careers. For anyone that is kind, compassionate and has an interest in working with individuals with behaviour challenges I would highly recommend Arcus.
Arcus Review
Behaviour Interventionist (Current Employee) –  Maple Ridge, BC6 August 2018
A typical day at work would be waking up my clients, and either getting them to school or taking them on an outing. We assist our clients in a number of needs from showering, to get dressed to tube feeding. I've learned a number of things from this job, especially autism. I've learned that behaviour protocols are not just for manners but to teach the client skills that will make them grow. The hardest part of being a behavioural interventionst is watching the clients struggle with their daily needs but the most enjoyable part of this job is the clients. I love to help and I love to make them laugh with our friendship.
Excellent place to work
Student internship program (Former Employee) –  Maple Ridge, BC13 April 2018
Working at arcus teaches you lots of patience that you didnt know you could develop. It gives you a very different out look on life that shows you how good you really have it. If your applying for either the Behaviour interventionist or to work on the medical side you need your class 5 before applying.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Clients can be frustrating
Great place to work. Treated with dignity and respect. Valued for your opinions and ideas. Able to work as a team.
Manager of Employee Scheduling (Former Employee) –  Maple Ridge, BC7 April 2018
Very high standards in care. Willing to train anyone to do the job. Management works with employees to obtain all skills. Family orientated.
Short on staff made the job a challenge most days.
Loved working with all my coworkers and team members
Pros
Team Player environment, Very concerning and understanding with personal issues, Works with employees to make things work for everyone
Cons
High stress, long hours
I did not work in this Dufferin, I did my practicum in there
RCA (Former Employee) –  Coquitlam11 August 2014
My practicum days in Dufferin is quite fun, The staff are supportive. I learned about good team players is beneficial to both staff and residents, Co workers are okay. the hardest part there was not enough time to know the people well. I enjoyed my practicum in there.
Pros
Supportive staff
Cons
Not enough time