Arctic Glacier Employee Reviews

Hard work
Driver/Delivery (Current Employee) –  Surrey6 March 2018
Pay is not great for all the work you do. Work as hard as they want you to and be lucky to get a thanks at the end of it. Management haven’t got a clue how to run the place. It is a circus in the summer time. Nearly every customer you call to is giving out.
Pros
A lot of overtime in the summer to make money
Cons
30 hour a week in winter if you are lucky
Typical day at Arctic Glacier
Production Associate (Current Employee) –  Chatham-Kent, ON23 October 2017
At Arctic Glacier the work is tough work until you get used to it, we lift 25-40 pounds of ice and stack the ice onto a pallet. The days are long and are hard on the body but they have good people that work there and they make the days enjoyable.
Pros
good people
Cons
long days
Great work environment
MERCHANDISER REPAIR TECHNICIAN (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON8 August 2017
Great place to work, and stay cool in the summer months. Management is great, co workers are knowledgeable and are always willing to help out when possible
Not recommended
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Langley, BC28 July 2017
The job consisted of placing different types ice packages onto wooden pallets for 8 hours. Management was very poor as communication is lacking and the site ran at its minimum capacity to meet their low budget. Decent place to learn how to work in a team as team work is the main foundation in maintaining an efficient work patterns for the whole site. wages are low and schedules are never negotiable no matter how they make it out to be
Pros
Friendly and Productive Work Environment.
Driver Helper - Manual Labourer (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON23 May 2017
A typical day at work would be clocking in at the workplace at 5:30 AM and wait for a driver to be selected to work with me. I would wait as the truck arrives at one of its many destinations, and i would then unload ice off of skids onto a dolly to bring into the customers building.

I learned better customer relations, and to provide directions at a moments notice.

The management was outstanding, and i would recommend this position to anyone willing to work it.

The workplace culture was a healthy environment, which contained no discrimination.

The hardest part of the job was being moved to production when there was no available drivers for me. In production it has job duties that revolve around an assembly line.

The most enjoyable part of the job was i could set the appropriate pace for myself to complete all assigned tasks in a time efficient way.
Pros
Flexible hours, long hours, four day work weeks, minimum 40 hours a week.
Cons
No opportunity for overtime hours at my selected position.
Executive Leader of Operations; including manufacturing, warehouse and transpotation
Executive Vice President, Operations (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB1 May 2017
Developing long term strategic plans and moving daily tactical leadership to meet long term goals. In process of selling Company very critical to final sale.
Pros
Great executive compensation package
Cons
Board Leadership challenging
Very hard work, but dont expect a pat on the back
Truck Driver/Labourer (Former Employee) –  200 Statemen Drive8 February 2017
In fact, expect quite the opposite. Expect your dispatchers and bosses to grumble when you could only put in 14 hours in a day and not 15. This summer job will net you around 20k from about May to early September. Only do this if you are a student and willing to work your hands to the bone.
Pros
Bonus money for performance at the end of the summer.
Cons
Long hours, pays less than almost any other truck job.
Good place to work, lots of overtime in the summer
Production Associate (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON24 January 2017
Very labor intensive job, mostly consists of stacking ice onto pallets. Plant undergoes a lot of upgrades in the winter which and is strict about safety.
loved this company
5 Ton Delivery Truck driver (Former Employee) –  Langley, BC14 January 2017
Great management, great company and great staff. I enjoyed my time working for this company. I found the company appreciated their staff and took good care of their employees.
Pros
driving
Cons
seasonal work
I really enhoyed working for this company.
Driver Helper (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON8 January 2017
I loved working for this company. Had a great boss and driver. I was disappointed when the job came to an end. The hardest part of this job was the long hours. The most enjoyable part of the job was driving in the truck and covering quite a distance for delivery.
Pros
great people to work with
Cons
only a casual job
fun workplace
Labourer (Former Employee) –  Sudbury, ON24 June 2016
Delivered ice to various locations in Sudbury and area during the summer of 2014.

Staff are great to work for and this job is perfect for summer students
très bon environnement de travail
Superviseur de la Distribution (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC26 February 2016
de très belles années professionnelles.
En tant que cadre chez Arctic Glacier.
je touchais à tout :budget, vente ,marketing ,supervision ,aider nos équipes saisonnières, formation , embauche de personnel, travail clérical etc...
Pros
compte de dépenses
Cons
produits saisonniers et très exigent en saison forte.
autonomie
Installateur de congélateur chez les clients (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC26 February 2016
aucune pression si tu es un professionnel dans ce que tes fonctions.
not a great company to work for
DZ Driver (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON15 February 2016
Bad management, good option for students, lots of hours very less pay , hard work , unsafe . would not recommend to a person who have back issues
Grest job
Student Helper (Former Employee) –  Sauble Beach, ON2 February 2016
I really enjoyed working for Arctic Glacier Delivering Ice, I would do it again. I am considering going back this summer if I can't find a job
Great Company, Good staff, fair wages.
Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB3 November 2015
A typical day at work would consist of me and my line partner starting and setting up equipment,cleaning it if necessary. I worked both sections of the line bagging blocks of ice, and packaging them into bigger bags which weighed up to 50 pounds, and then lifting and stacking them on pallets consisting of 144 blocks each. I learned a lot about time management and working a line as a team to get the job done as effectively as possible. the hardest part of the job was the lifting but it became easier the more that I worked and exercised. The most enjoyable part was getting in shape and learning new things.
fun place to work
Production Associate (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON3 December 2014
a typical day at work cleaning, lifting and supporting others in the work place, management was way worse the second time
if you like the cold in the summer its the job for you
General Labourer (Former Employee) –  Chatham-Kent, ON27 January 2013
2 shifts. 8-10 hours days depending on the ice orders for the week. Stacking pallets of ice for most of the day. Co-workers were all easy to get along with/work with. Hardest part of the job was all of the lifting. Most enjoyable part was working in a freezer when its over 100 degrees outside.
Pros
cool work environment
Cons
no ice orders, no work.
Not great
DISPATCH SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  Mississauga, ON26 October 2012
Not much room for advancement, pay below average. Can be friendly as long as you don't voice your opinion or disagree with anything
Arctic Glacier is an awesome company to work for.
Regional Administrative Support (Former Employee) –  Chatham-Kent, ON17 May 2012
My position with Arctic Glacier was Regional Administrative Support. Fast paced and very busy in the summer months. Completed many different tasks each day.
Pros
full time days
Cons
covered for maternity, sick leave then it was seasonal employment