Arctic Co-operatives Limited logo
Arctic Co-operatives Limited

Arctic Co-operatives Limited Employee Reviews

can be a fantastic experience for the right person

if you are a self starter, enjoy working hard and independantly then you've checked off the first three. You would be entering a completely different culture and you need to be open to the challenges that will bring. The days are different in each community setting. Management is supportive and expect results. The hardest part of the job is adapting to the culture and you need patience and understanding.....doing research on the Inuit culture is well advised.

Pros

wonderful communities, meals etc. are included

Cons

can be long hours

Stimulating and exciting workplace with supportive coworkers

I really enjoyed my time working with Arctic Cooperatives and I would definitely work with them again! The managers were really friendly which made me look forward to working with them.

Friendly and balanced work space

They worked well with my schedule and was very understanding if I needed a day off or was going out of town for the weekend. The environment was calm.

Good

Work about 10hrs a day 1 or 2 days a week off Hard part is your away from your friends and family for 6 months at time It's job people who want to work s lot for 6 months then enjoy your money

Great management in the co-ops

Terrible HR at the home office. Horrible senior leadership team at home office. People are great in office, and stores. Benefits are good. Used to have a great working culture. Unfortunately the new leadership team is not good. They do not treat their teams well

Pros

Great group of people except senior leadership

Cons

Stay away from . Senior leadership does not lead by example or do they follow their own values

Remote Work

This organization works to assist communities in Northern Canada. Working in conjunction with First Nations people to assist them in successful business operations is an extremely rewarding experience

Arctic Co-op

Long hours - very few days off Make good money but the cost of food if astronomical - no subsidizing Living in a culture that does not want you there

Pros

Good money

Cons

Rent is expensive, food even worse. Isolation

ok

.The job is what it is. Everyone tries their very best. Office and support staff is "over worked and under fed". Big money, Big stress. In my opinion, not worth it.

Working Environment

Working at Arctic Co-op has been a great privilege. I learned and developed many skills I did not know I had. The workload is manageable. The people I work with are very nice, approachable and fun. The most enjoyable part of my job is working and realizing how time flies by so quickly.

Not very supportive of Co-op managers

Dsa is supposed to help support you but this is not the case. My DSA never gave any support at all and always worked against me. The rest of the office is ok except the hr doesn't do much to get the right help you need in your co-op.

Pros

Great salary

Cons

No support or proper training.

Full of Adventure

Productive fun place to work and full of adventure, It is also very demanding requiring long hours working. Hard to find reliable workers requiring to work long hours.

Has for the most part a positive atmosphere that encourages teamwork.

Positive workplace that tries to promote from within. Can at times be an imbalance with expectations and time and resources to complete the required work. Too much travel and time away from home for some staff.

Lots of opportunities for growth for the right individual.

I look forward to the next opportunity to manage my own retail store somewhere here in the Arctic. The sky is the limit with Arctic Co-Operatives Ltd..

Good Work Place

A good place to work and great people to work with. Good experience working with this company. Good management. Co-workers are friendly.

I love the diversity of the work place

It was nice and cool. The work was easy once you learned everything. I learned how to use an advance software called Accpac. The management are really friendly and kind, no need to ask for help because they are the one who will approach you. I love all my co-workers because you would see from there face that they love there job so much. I couldn't think there were hard part since everyone love what they are doing, maybe it would be the attitude of some co-workers. I enjoyed everything about my work.

Pros

Big employee lounge with some freebies

Cons

Used so much paper

workload too much

Too many hours, 80-90/week, with no days off. Could do the job if there were days off in between.Liked the job and others i worked with, customers great!

Pros

completely taken care of ie. housing, food etc.

Cons

no home life