Arconas Corporation

Arconas Corporation Employee Reviews

Canada8 reviews
Start the day with a list of orders to complete . Independent work until break, followed by receiving raw materials followed by loading good materials until lunch. Then last order picking for the day followed by shipping area clean up.
Pros
company parties
Cons
wages
Laid-off due to COVID-19, and decline in the business.Otherwise, I enjoyed working here. I would recommend it’s great place to learn. Good and friendly co-workers. Great management!
Pros
Good work / life balance
Cons
More US economy dependent
THIS IS A VERY HONEST REVIEW - APPLY AT YOUR OWN RISK!

Typical day at Arconas: You will sit at your desk with no real direction on what you need to do or how you will get there to be successful.

What I learned: Counting seats, looking at floor plans & coloring the floor plans with highlighters through trial and error. Management provided very little direction in the procedure.

The culture of the company: Everyone talks behind your back, from management to the next department. It seems people don't enjoy their jobs and feel they need to bring you down to their level.

The hardest part of the job: Essentially management taking over your projects without true direction as well as the lack of training, specially if you are new to the industry. (SO BEWARE)

What I enjoyed: the travel & trade shows (exciting market segment)

Salary: was OK based on what you essentially do on a daily basis, which to be honest was not much! - if you enjoy a slow pace job with lack of everything this is definitely for you!

Work Environment: Terrible. There are a lot of "Debbie downers" at the office, people will make you feel you are not part of a team.

Career Risk: They should be in the business of selling revolving doors considering the high turn over rate, they excel at this!
Hello Not What I Expected:

I am sorry to hear that your time with Arconas did not live up to your expectations. Through our lengthy interview process, we did try and present a true picture of who Arconas was, the role of the Account Manager and the training you would have received.

I wish you had reached out more to your Manager and HR to discuss your dissatisfaction before you made the decision to terminate your employment.

We do hope that you found an organization more suited to your style.

Human Resources Manager
As a former CSR I am being honest when I say that you will not be happy here, besides the neverending interview process they implement, once you get in; the environment is toxic almost high school bullying type environment. They like to use "scare tactics" i.e.threatening your job almost daily. Very high turnover! There are some nice people here though that unfortunately do not work with or in the CSR dept. so it doesn't help you at all. A lot of people here seem to share a dislike at this company as well.
Pros
good location
Cons
to many to list here
Hello Not Good:

Unfortunately, I am not sure when you were employed by Arconas, as we had no CSR team members leave around the date that this review was written.

If you were employed at Arconas, I would have hoped that you spoke to your Manager, the Customer Service Manager who is one of the most compassionate and forgiving managers that I have ever worked with, so I have a hard time believing that you were subjected to bullying and threats on a daily basis. We are a small organization, with employees who work very cross functionally, so I only wish you had been able to reach out to someone within Arconas for support.

I hope you have found a position more suited to you.

Michael
You will regret working here.
Cheap company

Bad management

Disorganized

Low salary with little perks/benefits

No job security (very high turnover).
Pros
Decent location
Cons
Not enough space, so 90% of my time spent at Arconas.
Hello Negative:

Sorry you feel negatively about your time at Arconas.

After working with you for over a year, unfortunately it became very apparent that your tardiness and continuous issues with inaccuracies with your work, we felt it was best for you and Arconas to terminate.

I am sorry that you hold a different view.

We wish you all the best in your future.

Human Resources Manager
Every day is a challenge in a pleasant way. From the moment I start my day to finish, I welcome different challenges all day long. Everyone is so helpful.
Arconas is a small sized manufacturer for public seating. Work is classified into production and shipping. The day starts at 7:30am and ends at 4pm with two 15 min breaks at 10am and 2pm and a 30 min lunch at 12pm. My primary job was the runner in charge of moving out products and bringing in raw material from shipping. For this job, I learned how to multitask and keep a record of incoming materials and outgoing products. Management is wonderful and capable (under production) but some supervisors can be unreasonable (management for shipping). Most co-workers are great people that are fun to be around, respectful and hardworking although there's the odd person that slacks off and just makes boxes. The most difficult part of the job would be keeping up with production during busy days with some people being absent. The most enjoyable part is when I found a work rhythm that made the tasks easier.
Pros
Great work hours
Cons
Layoffs happened because materials did not come in
Interaction with management, customers, suppliers, AR and AP functions etc. Most challenging part of the job was figuring out which task to do next there were too many areas to focus on.