Archer Daniels Midland

Archer Daniels Midland Employee Reviews

Canada27 reviews
Great pay, great benefits, consistent work
Constant work, 40-48 hours weekly. Competitive wages and great benefits coverage. Union for all mill workers and non unionized for lab staff. Great paid vacation! Rotating shift work and mainly 6 days a week, a big commitment.
Plant manger was unprofessional and harassed at work
For the level of work you are doing. There is no real reason for the extra stuff at the interview. You will be pushing a broom around 8hrs a day. It’s dusty and you are not aloud to drink water through work hours until you are in the union. Very very unprofessional plant manager. Half the machines are broken and flour pours out constantly. But mostly you will be harassed by management.
environement agreable
un travaille calme sans pression avec de très bon collegue
Say goodbye to family/social life.
The wages and benefits at ADM are ok. The work is hard but sometimes rewarding. Be prepared to be FORCED in to overtime and extra shifts without any notice, if you say no you will be in big trouble. The management is run by family and has been for 2 generations. The family puts family first and makes sure friends and family are favoured. Often this is noticeable to all employees and quite appalling. The union are good people who are under constant attack from the smug little man who runs the plant. Amongst hourly employees relationships are strong and teamwork is usually great.
Managements attitude is that you work when they tell you to regardless of your personal plans.
Though it seems to be a well established company worldwide, ADM Port Colborne is a very stressful and demanding place to work. Management does not care about your life outside of work as they feel they can force you into work any weekend they want, even after working 40 hours Monday to Friday. If you do not work the overtime when they tell you to, they can suspend you for not showing up. .
Good place learn and competent on hands on
Good place to learn and brush up your basic engineering, long hours if you like and explore the old and new technology combination.
Life and work balance is not very much visible

Old facility, lot of concurred problems which is happening is not by people but because it is an ancient facility.
I enjoyed my time at ADM with a great environment and coworkers. They always respected me and made sure the work area was safe. It is a great team atmosphere that fosters growth in the company.
Pay and Benefits are great
My overall experience was negative. No work/life balance what so ever. Expect 12 hrs overtime or more each week. Management are unprofessional when dealing with employees.
the physical labour can be very hard one day but that is made up for as most days are reletively easy. The work conditions are dirty and temperature extremes in winter and summer can be harsh.
Pros
Good pay and benefits
Cons
hostile management/employee relationship.
Excellent Company
Work life balance has grown increasingly important. I worked in Account's and this did require long hours only at the very beginning of each month. You will not be disappointed
Benefits
Cons
Long Hours
An okay place to work
Thankful to be part of this organization.
I did have fun and also learn a lot.

I gained my Canadian experience here.

Met a lot of people, interact and experienced a lot of thing to be learned.
Safety first
Safety first culture always. Good place to work. Management always think about the employees. Hardest part of the job is noise of rollers and sifters for 24 hours
Hired on to get fired
I started up with ADM being brought on with a couple of buddies that were looking for jobs at the time, they have some good management skills and were trying to make the mill work. The only problem was they were constantly cycling through workers that weren't from a temp agency. They kept on hiring people on and letting them go right before their probation was over. The crew of 4 guys that I was working with we were all let go right before our probation was up. They did not look into the safety of the building when one of their steps fell through and left it as a hazard for several days. They might have changed since I have been there, but my days there are not ones that I was fond of.
Pros
Decent, feeling of teamwork with employees
Cons
No job security, unsafe at times
Think about it twice
Pay is fair, work environment is variable hot in summer and cold in winter, employees have low moral and do not have a good work ethic, advancement is slow-only when someone retires. Management is good, but takes forever for major projects to get completed. Hiring process takes is very long and is tedious.
Pros
Pay fair, benefits
Cons
Hot, Long Hours, shift work, no validation for job well done
Strong company
ADM is a very good company to work for, the hours are long and the work is hard but they do take care of you, I worked for many years and would go back in a heartbeat
Good Place to work
Adm is a profit driven company that has a good safety record. The pay is within range of what is expected. The benefits are good and the RRSP contribution is definitely above average. I would say the job security is about standard in the Niagara region. They are spending Capital money on projects to help efficiency and structure.
great learning experience
I would start off by emptying the central vacuum for the entire mill, then bring waste bags out side on a skid to be put into a garbage bin, then i would start cleaning whatever floors have flour spills or just excess dust. Hardest part of the job was having to carry consecutive 25/30 kilo bags up stairs then be brought outside for garbage. Most enjoyable part of the job was learning new things or working on new machines and cleaning them out.
Safety oriented workplace
Each day was different whether it be site cleanup, maintaining a piece of equipment or loading and unloading freight trucks full of grain. Seasonal work, working in all types of weather. Lots of manual labor requirements for most of the tasks.
Pros
good pay for students, very safety oriented company
Cons
long hours, extreme heat work, confined space work
G4S Employed Individuals
Great environment and support for a part-time position while pursuing education.
Hours can be difficult and are for the committed. They are 12 hours/weekend only with the option of overtime on holidays.

The most enjoyable part of the job are the coworkers. They are fun-loving, easy to get along with and supportive.
Belle équipe, mais aimez vous le Midwest?
Équipe agréable et dynamique. Projets intéressants et novateurs. Quelques fois sclérosée par la bureaucratie interne et le manque de prise de décisions. Croissance nettement préférée par M&A. Très bons avantages sociaux. Les chances de promotion,sont à Decatur, IL.
Pros
Près du centre ville de Montréal, technologies intéressantes, produits novateurs, avantages sociaux comparatifs
Cons
Rémunération inférieure à la moyenne, gestion bureaucratique et centralisée
Very Poor Place - Calgary Facility
Do not work here. You have been warned. Even though the pay is a bit above average, it is not worth it. There is nothing positive to say. Only negative so I wont keep going on and on.
Pros
pay rate is above average.
Cons
everything else but the pay.
Great place, for the right person.
Great place to work, but want to pursue my career as a Heavy Duty Mechanic.
Great team environment.

Great positive energy.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Archer Daniels Midland. Our community is ready to answer.