ArcelorMittal

ArcelorMittal Employee Reviews

Tough work but they pay you well. Team leaders were very helpful and got the atmosphere was actually pretty positive considering how tough the work is. Enjoyed time working here before covid layoffs
Pros
good pay, days off
Cons
lay offs
You're just a number. This isn't the dofasco of the 90's. Most of the crew was working hurt. It isn't worth the stress of starting out as a casual. Lots of places pay just as good or better.
Place sucks stay far away, worst company ever, people are awful as well. Hours suck, management sucks, people suck. Honestly nothing positive to say about the place.
Pros
Cons
Too many to mention
I was hoping for more. Dark dirty steel mill which seemed very depressing. Old workers relying on young new workers to do there jobs. I wouldn't recommend this dirty depressing company to my worst enemy. They need to change the mentality by getting rid of all the dead weight.
Pros
Experience
Cons
Everything else
Salaire résonnable, bonne coopération entre employés. Bonne acceuille
Pros
Linge fourni
J‚Äôai fait 8 ans dans la transformation du m√©tal. Je croyais renouer avec ce que je savais faire le mieux mais mon r√™ve s‚Äôest vite estomp√© avec une √©quipe strictement ¬ę qu√©b√©coise ¬Ľ pas tr√®s ouverte aux autres communaut√©s. J‚Äô√©tais tr√®s visible et je sentais des yeux sur moi partout. Donc j‚Äôai jamais √©t√© √† l‚Äôaise dans ce milieu 100%¬ę qu√©b√©cois ¬Ľ
Cons
Aucune culture d’intégration
Typical work day was 8 to 5. My direct supervisor and collogues was nice. However, there wasn't much training of the job when I started. Each year, I met all my work expectation, never had a warning or violation. Suddenly one day the middle management fire you without a cause. My direct supervisor doesn't even know of the firing. The strength is our people was all lies.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
on call
VERY poor leadership, culture lost in time. Do not apply here if you have any respect for your self. Poor wages and benefits, bullying is going on strong and hard every single day You will go home every day hating your life.
Pros
Cons
to many to mention
Do you yearn for a place where you consistently have to watch your back as every other casual employee is looking to throw you under the bus?? Does the thought of a management consisting of half old guard/ half new guard, but all equally useless sound appealing?? How about 12hr shifts with relief allowed to show up whenever they please? How about working 13hrs & only getting paid for 12? Do you enjoy long nights of watching computer screens waiting for something to happen but it never does? If you answered yes to any of these questions then Arcelor Mittal Dofasco is the place for you!! Special incentives for rat like individuals & top shelf a-holes!
Pros
One day you die
Cons
The job, the people, the atmosphere, the location
Pour un cadre endroit hautement toxique, roulement 80% sur 5 ans des gestionnaires, équipe RH pas de support, déconnecté des nouvelles pratiques, changement de vision au 2 ans, pour un jeune manager pas une bonne école, salaire en bas de l'industrie minière, accueil et intégration plus que minimal, entreprise vision court court terme, à aller pour une transition court terme, sans plus et les RH le savent ...
Cons
climat de travail
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at ArcelorMittal?
Lots of hours. Lean on middle managment and it likely won't change. Sign of the times. Workers are under CBA. Sometimes many constraints due to that.
Pros
Lots of hours
Cons
Lots of hours
Good job and laid back for the most part but hard to make sense of it when you have to work for 2 years just to be full time.. hshshshshshshshshshshshshshshshshshshshshshshshshshs
Pros
Good pay
Cons
1-2 year probation
Great place to work! It has a great atmosphere. Everyone is easy going and relaxed. Pay is great! Good opportunity for non mandated OT. Potential for growth.
Was hired for a specific role in the IT department but the ‚Äúspecialist‚ÄĚ whom I was hired to help didn‚Äôt want to train. I sat there for over a year doing pretty much nothing. I would ask to help/work so much the manager told me to stop asking. The group and manager I worked with were highly unprofessional to the point that it was abusive. Team members would yell and walk out of team meetings almost every week. They would trash talk each other behind backs. A common occurrence would be that I was told wrong information by senior team members (absolutely clueless old guys who literally made up nonsense when they didn‚Äôt know what they were talking about) then the same guys would complain about you. Even worse if you actually fixed an issue after you were told bogus information they would complain about you. Same old guys would chat it up all day either on the phone with personal calls or in person with other co-workers, but if you make one phone call to your doctors office they complain about you making personal calls. Management didn‚Äôt care about anything going on as they were retiring in less than a year. New tech-leader in training was one of the most miserable human beings on earth who would regularly trash talk his own family and children, the job, and co-workers. My predecessor left this position because of the same issues. They would constantly trash talk him. My father died during my employment here, they would literally make jokes about it. I had to take a medical leave and the day I came back I was let go. This was one of the most dysfunctional¬†-¬†more...
Pros
Cons
Co-workers.
Toxic culture created by top managers who didn’t care at all about people, all is about money. Micro management, lack of trust, no empowerment so high rotation
I found the co-workers and the work to be pretty good. But management in my section did not have much experience with managing and there was a lack of meaningful work to do. There is also a lack of job security as automation kicks in and the lack of structure that is currently there
Pros
Relaxed work atmosphere, great people
Cons
Lack of meaningful work
As a younger person going onto a contract there wasn't much risk to applying and trying to get a full time job. After working here for a while I came to learn that contracts aren't for everybody in every situation but it served me well, compensated me well for the work I was doing and gave me a lot of experience and opportunity I wouldn't have seen else where. Overall an amazing corporate culture with opportunity for community involvement as well as recreational teams to be apart of in your free time. I met a ton of great people there and a couple not so great people but that comes with every job. The work can be stressful at times but your co workers will usually be there to help you when you need it and that is the part I miss the most about my experience with AMD, the people.
Excellent Company to work for. Great people and great culture, but it is important to be educated and prepared for your interview. Follow up is appreciated.
Management has a bully mentality. You dont get hired based on attendance or work ethic. You must kiss up to anyone in charge. It is a battle between casual workers for any recognition.
The working environment at the Hamilton location of ArcelorMittal, Dofasco, is an antiquated working environment, both in regards to the day to day work, as well as the ability to advance in a career there. The employees in position to make decisions are those of a tunnel vision addled grouping. The inefficiencies and illogical work regulations are beyond comprehension. Please take care of yourself if you end up working here, as the money is good enough, but the toll it will take on your mental, as well as physical health, will be staggering.
Good company to work. It is a fast-paced company, lots of work to do. Very good benefits, good salary, good work-life balance. I recommend ArcelorMittal.
  1. Employee reviews