Arcadis

Arcadis Employee Reviews

Canada11 reviews
Amazing work place with fun people and fun times in with environmental teams
Love working here,Im not leaving, just checking what else is out there since this a great workplace with great people, and they have treated me amazing and reward for hard work.
International Team Environment
Typical of any Internationally acclaimed Environmental Engineering Companies, Arcadis represents the standard in Administrative and public policy. There are opportunities for growth as well as a relatively secure work environment. Four Stars.
A company that is ok.
Typical day starts with meetings and call from our client development leaders from Australia and Hong Kong, and brief our daily workloads.
I have learned to have a good time management and developed our teamwork with other team members of our business unit,
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
Overtime without pay
bad learning experience
Pros:

Patient with training. Would have events for employees at work.

Cons:

Lazy human resources department, which don't know how to deal with rude supervisors after complaining many times. Supervisors would state one way for a process to be done one week and would change the process the next two weeks undoing all your work and would keep doing this. Work culture comes off as super lazy as internal coworkers would sometimes take a week to respond to emails or not respond at all.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
bad management
A Very Good Workplace
Work is evenly distributed
Facilities are superb

Up to date softwares

Work life balance is given importance

Good Compensation Packages

Excellent location and working schedules
Bad communication, micromanaging management, poor compensation
At first glance Arcadis seems like a great company to work for - many different areas of expertise and therefore the potential of gaining a good amount of varied experience, a larger company that is well established in North America so the appearance of greater organization and support for employees, and many offices throughout Canada and the US so the appeal of the opportunity to travel to other parts of the country to work and gain experience.

However if it seems too good to be true it probably is, at least in Canada. In the 2 years I worked there the travel opportunities were limited, the professional development completely lacking, and the compensation abysmal. I would attribute the majority of the issues in the company to poor management and communication between offices, and a lack of empathy from the senior leadership for the juniors within the company (field techs, environmental scientists, etc. ie. those who do all the field work!). The overarching impression is one of micromanaging senior leadership and office managers throughout the country that cannot even communicate among themselves let alone to the juniors, nor do they seem willing to accept any help from their eager juniors who want to gain some professional development. If I didn't feel so much like the 2 years I worked there were a waste, I might actually find this funny, since the company claims to want to promote from within to more senior positions. However without any professional development this is impossible, and eventually after a year or two the juniors get fed up with the lack of opportunity and
 - more...
Cons
poor professional development, micromanaging management, below average compensation, little opportunity for advancement, no reviews!
Competitive salary, lots of overtime, untrained management
Many new graduates use Arcadis as a stepping stone to start their careers as it is a first FT job for most staff. Generally young, hard working staff.

PROS:

Safety training and first aid courses provided for staff

All company PPE and tools of trade supplied (boots, coats, gloves, hats, glasses, vehicles, etc.).

Lots of overtime available

Dogs allowed (select employees)

Regular company BBQs for staff appreciation

Non traditional work environment, laptops, large tables open space

CONS:

Training is subjective due to inconsistency in delivery from leaders (trainers not proficient in material they are delivering)

Too much required overtime & long hours leading to fatigue and mistakes (poor productivity results and accidents or near miss events)

Management creates competitive and confusing environment via poor communication

No performance reviews for everyone (select staff only)

Culture is non merit based: Connections = opportunity (family/friends)

Distracted workers: Staff focusing on personal tasks during work hours (social media, personal calls)
Pros
Tools of trade provided by company, Safety oriented
Cons
Long hours, poor communication, poor management of resources (people)
Fun work atmosphere for the most part, low pay and little respect for education
Young office, not run particularly well. A lot of confusion and miscommunication between management and the employees. Salary is low despite what level of education you have. Little opportunity to move up within the company.
Very friendly enviornment
This was my first administrative job. The staff was very patient and friendly with me. The days were rather long for me. I quickly ran out of tasks to do.
Well grounded company - Lack of communication and trainning for profesional growth.
Well grounded company
Lack of communication and trainning for profesional growth.

Supervisor did not care about my growth and was very unprofesional many times.
Ok
Great work balance but poor management team and very poor advancement potential. Diverse culture but unequal pay balance between genders and across the GTA. Very few women in management positions.