ARC The Hotel Employee Reviews

Standards and expectations are getting way too insane
Room Attendant (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON8 May 2018
As much as I love to clean and having to finish up the rooms for the day and treating myself afterward with something nice from all the hard work, there are still some things that bothers me by the end of the day. The expectations and standards are being added on and on and on and it’s becoming way too heavy on our back. Consumer prices are going up and its becoming expensive to live off of the same wage that we currently have. The yearly raise we were getting is not even enough to level out the consumer price index and it’d be ridiculous if minimum wage salary even overlap us one day which is actually starting to look like it could. So what is the whole point of having to constantly move, having to clean messy rooms which some feels like the most sisyphean task, follow crazy expectation, having to do extra task because of the insanity of their standard, and then still get paid such an abysmal hourly wage rate?
Pros
Benefits, Decent management
Cons
Unrealistic expectations, Extremely high standards, Low wage rate, Inconsistent schedules for low seniorities
Great fun place to work and learn at a good pace
Sous chef (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON3 April 2018
you will always be learning at arc the hotel, its a fun and professional team and enviroment, everybody is a team player and helps each other out and always happy going into work!
House Person
House Person (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON14 August 2017
For 4 years I worked on a casual (PT) or as needed basis at The Arc hotel. The supervisors, and staffing clerk and the colleagues I worked with were great.

While working there I learned all of the House Person routines and how customer service was the most important thing. I definitely enjoyed servicing the needs of hotel guests whether they needed extra linen, toiletries, or a crib for their babies.

While I was fortunate to be employed there, due to the fluctuating hotel market (lots of guests one weekend / and the next very few) there were many weekends when I didn't get hours because the ARC did not have enough hotel guests that required me as House Person to work.

I also enjoyed working the various shifts from days, evening and nights.
Pros
The ARC colleagues and the hotel guests, Christmas Party
Cons
not getting work each weekend
The Hardest Part
Bartender/Server/Room Service/Banquets (Former Employee) –  Ottawa8 March 2016
I found that there was no structure when i worked at the Arc, I found that i was my own boss and had no guidance. This made my work ethic deteriorate.
N/a
Housekeeping Manager (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON20 December 2014
Great team but no possibility of growing or expanding my knowledge.