ARC Resources Ltd

ARC Resources Ltd Employee Reviews

Canada20 reviews
Weak management
Had a great culture with founding management but went downhill consistently since they stepped down

Very conservative, does not encourage out of the box thinking

Some incredible technical staff but creativity or free speech is not encouraged

Was great compensation in flush times

Overall any job is great right no
This used to be a great company. The culture quickly deteriorated when they started hiring externally for senior staff/middle management. An ex-coworker came to work the day after a family member passed due to pressure from his manager who was hired from the outside.

There seemed to be lots of arrogance within the company thinking ARC is always best in class. This lead to employees not being able to speak up or bring forth new ideas.

Many former ARCsters would agree that this was a white collar sweatshop. Those who left have reaped the benefits of getting recognized and fairly compensated for the excellent work they put out.
Pros
Lots of work to be done
Cons
Lack of development, poor work life balance
Very safe. Care about there work force. Management is close to workers and respected. From the top down seem organized together. Friendly workplace. Very good safety cultures . Some deltas. Computer systems slow and out dated
A collaborative approach with an 8 am conference call with the field operations to discuss and clarify the previous day activities and pre-plan the upcoming events and activities. Each team member added input towards the desired outcome with the benefits of various experiences to contribute.
Most people with a good work ethic and solid social skills will fit in at ARC.
Everyone I work with is committed to doing good work, ARC is much better than the two other oil and gas companies I have worked for. Compared to say, Shell, where I basically dealt with a hyper competitive and toxic environment, ARC is cheerful, supportive and I feel empowered to chart my own career. Department boundaries are a big deal in most oil and gas E&Ps, here not so much. I have lots of vacation time, even as a newish employee, work very reasonable hours and am still challenged enough to be learning lots. Hard to beat this environment. Well managed, ARC will make it through the downturn, unlike many other E&Ps.
Pros
Social events, actually treat you like a real person
Cons
General lack of understanding of oil and gas by the general public
Hired to make change but they neglected to advise the team why I was hired.

Was told by the president he had the same problems with the sane staff yet no one would deal with the staff.

Allowed the team to tear me apart at a team development session. The facilitator just allowed gang mentality to go on and on to the point I was in tears.

Let go when I took a stand. So much for a supportive work environment.

I wouldn’t work there unless the senior management was removed.
Cons
I thoroughly enjoyed working for this company. I gained a lot of experience in various sectors of the Health and Safety Department and enjoyed the companionship of the people I worked with.
Pros
Lots of communication between different departments with the organization.
Cons
Having so many employees, it was not always possible to meet everyone.
They tell you to not work over time but piles on the work load on you because they are under staff, so you end up working lots of over time anyways to get things done.

They do a lot of things like Mentorship Programs and annual Individual Development Plans to show they care about your career development, but when you ask management to give you opportunities to learn new things they tell you:

1. You need to focus on your current task

2. We can't give you any opportunity to take on new task unless we know you can do it already! so basically no.

Management don't seem to keep track of your accomplishments

There is definite sense of favoritism for certain members of the team. Not all members of the team are given equal opportunities.

Manager just don't understand why you are so busy no matter how many times you told them.

Their gym is nice, yay!
Pros
They have free gym classes
Cons
over-work you, accomplishments not recognized, career development? only for their favorites
If they promise you something get it in writing. Most people are great to work with but you must get things in writing as management backs out of what they said.
Pros
Good wages and benefits
Cons
Poor supervision communication
Involved with multi well horizontal pad sites to program, prepare cost estimates, coordinate water logistics and supervise operations.
Inter-well monitoring to ensure off set well(s) are minimized with the effect of pad work.
Pros
good team approach to multiple activities
Cons
consistant mandate to reduce costs can effect safe operations
A great work atmosphere with great benefits and a team culture. great management team and local Management was excellent as well. great shift schedule, and lots of perks.
Working on multi well pads completions in NE BC between Dawson Creek and Fort St. John.

Learn how to work in a busy environment with many different contractors and fellow employees.
Pros
Great group of people.
Cons
Long days far from home.
Great workplace culture. Typically in a day, my duties would include Accounts Payable and other general office duties. The management was excellent and we had great communication and a strong team.
A big company with a small company feel. A typical day involves maintaining old equipment while new wells are also being drilled and added. A fun place to work where you get out of the company what you put in.
Great people, management, culture not to mention the work environment. For the most part it was a great experience all round.
Overall good company. Issues with some managers & supervisors with ability to help promote employees. Some given assistance, others not at all.
Pros
Gym
Cons
Communications & honesty issues
Keep the day to operations running safe & progressing forward . Booking & keep services in place for daily operations & making sure all contractors have good safety program .
Pros
Working with great peapole
Cons
Bad Weather shut down operations .
No matter how hard you try to please the Engineers they will complain if they don't get exactly what they want. Senior Management will listen to only one side of the story and if you are trying to explain yourself they call you uncooperative.

Lousy senior management team when it comes to employee support.

Would never, ever work there again and have advised many of my peers to avoid the company.
I worked for the VP of Engineering and it was a tough but rewarding job. He was a great man and helped me to grow.
I also assisted a team of Geologist and Engineers. Helping with organization, typing, filing, meetings, answering calls, and using Microsoft powerpoint, excel and word to do most of this.

I left to have two great kids and now they are older and ready to go to school full time and I am ready to work.
Pros
fantastic people
Mentoring culture
People`s education is supported

Self-driven career development
Pros
a lot....