ARC Protection Corp. Employee Reviews

Efforts towards self improvement
President (Current Employee) –  Lower Mainland, BC14 February 2019
I want to thank all our current and former employees who have posted messages to this site. As a management group we recognized that there were areas that needed improvement. We conducted a full service review as well as employee interviews personally conducted by myself and the CEO. As a result of these interviews we classified the issues into two categories. Namely communications and resourcing. Both contributed to a work life imbalance for staff and some of the managers. I feel it fair that I share with all of you the numerous strategies to improve communications, work life balance, career paths, and resource plans.
We have;
• Hired more staff
• Purchased more dogs and vehicles to field more resources to eliminate people having to work extra shifts
• Created a career path for all staff with accelerated training
• Introduced training for Team Leads, Supervisors, and Managers
• Increased face to face communications via “Tail Gate” sessions designed to allow staff input and exchange of ideas
• Rented a residence to facilitate world class training with accepted national expert trainers with full on site equipment
• University accredited courses for all staff in the area of supervision and communications
• Created a group chat for daily exchange of current affairs
• Bilateral employee reviews with a 360 nexus
• JOHS Committee facilitated by staff to reduce safety concerns and improve staff input
• We hired more support staff that look after your administrative needs and logistical matters, including taking your dog to the vet, and your car for service
• I personally
  more... have provided guidance and assistance in relation to staff grievances
In addition to this we supply you with a beautiful well trained and supported dog, the best uniforms and equipment for the job, a vehicle, and all the training needed that exceeds industry standards. We also pay at the highest rates in the industry. I don’t know of any other company that does what we do in support of our valued staff.
So yes we had some issues a while back. But I think you can see, we have been busy and myself and the CEO are proud of what all current staff have created
Signed,

President
ARC Protection Corp
Pros
Willingness to change for the better
Cons
Change takes time
I am leaving this review to warn any person thinking about applying to this company.
K9 Handler (Current Employee) –  Kinder Morgan29 January 2019
There are already about 16 reviews on Indeed about ARC and how terrible of a company they are to work for and how terrible the people are that run it. So I'm not going to type on for ages about that because these other reviews have hit every nail on the head when it comes to this company.

However, I will explain to you why such a numerous amount of bad reviews appeared in a short period of time, mainly from current employees who are sick and tired of the disrespect, verbal abuse, flat out stupidity of the "admin staff".

When the first review on indeed came up the Chief Operator of Directions sent a text message out to all staff members stating "I'm sure you have all seen the review on indeed, we can't delete it so lets just kill it with good reviews."

Well that hilariously blew up in his face.

All these reviews on indeed were put up nearly immediately after the Manager sent out such a ridiculous request to employees that have been continuously over worked, lied to, threatened, and mentally and verbally harassed by "management". ARC treats its employees like pawns in chess game, and has revolving doors of handlers that get hired on and then are gone with in 6 - 12 months, sometimes 6 - 12 weeks!

So when you read these negative reviews, keep in mind these are people who are still with the company and are literally warning you to STAY AWAY.

Why are they with the company if it's so terrible you ask?

That's because many handlers who work for ARC
A) have moved to the lower mainland specifically to work for ARC and would be homeless out on the street if they
  more... quit with no job lined up to go to.

B) Most handlers love their dogs too much to surrender them back to the company, the bonds are very tight.

The sick and twisted thing is, is that the Management knows this and they hold it over your head, threatening your job, flaunting the fact you won't make money like this anywhere else. The money is good, yes that is true. One thing this job makes you realise though is that money isn't worth getting constantly treated like trash, especially from people who are Law Enforcement rejects; there's a reason why these people are career security guards, they lack the skills to interact with other people in a non-confrontational way.

As for the reviews that are 5 stars saying all positives about the company - everyone can see right through those and know those reviews came from upper management trying to save face.

This is a warning for anyone who applies to ARC, you will be paid well, you will get a nice dog - however, say goodbye to your personal life, say goodbye to a normal sleep pattern, be ready to work permanent grave yard shifts 5pm - 5am ALONE, for 5 - 6 days a week, and say goodbye to ANY expectations of a professional and respectful work culture. This company is an HR nightmare.
Pros
You get a dog, you make decent money because all shifts have 4 hours OT
Cons
read every review on this company and you'll find out soon enough.
Want to be verbally abused? Apply to ARC
k9 handler (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC4 October 2018
-Extremely bad management. Upper management would rather turn a blind eye than deal with the problem at hand.

-They do NOT care about your personal well being. If you are sick you will get the whole "I know you're faking" attitude.

-Two supervisors are by far the two WORST supervisors I have ever had. Both love to contradict each other and give you a lecture when you do something. Or they end up claiming "I never said that" when there is physical proof of them saying it. It doesn't just stop at the site supervisors though it stems all the way up the ladder. These guys claim to have experience in law enforcement but they act like children who got rejected and is now taking a security job extremely serious. This is a security guard position quit thinking that you are a police sergeant, you don't deserve respect when you treat people like absolute trash.
Cons
List can go on for days
Exemplary Company to be part of
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Various3 October 2018
I have been part of the ARC Protection team for over ten years. I have always been treated with respect and my abilities and experience recognized. A great group of people to work with, lots of work available, very good pay compared to what is out there currently. Training is above and beyond. Sharp uniforms and High end equipment issued to do your job right.
All in all one of the finest Protective Services companies around.
Pros
Treated well, great pay and benefits, variety of job sites.
Nightmare of a company
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC2 October 2018
This is by far one of the most stressful jobs out there due to the culture and environment being made toxic by the superviosrs and management. They've taken a simple and fun job and made it a nightmare of a job. If your looking to get bullied and lied to on a day daily basis you’ll love working here. They constantly threaten to fire you, if you sign the contract they try holding it like a gun to your head, this is how insanely warped their thinking is, It literally says you can be fired for no reason and without cause. For example one employee not on probation was fired via email without notice or cause, management justification said he was unhappy with his job so we are terminating your employment. But all the staff know they were just asking questions and sticking up for their own rights, that is what got them really fired. The job has long hours and whatever little free time off you have you'll be running company errands and paying for your own gas in a company vehicle. You can make decent money with the long hours and OT but what’s the point if your paying for company expenses out of your own pocket, you end up making the same elsewhere but at least elsewhere you would have a life outside of work. Be prepared for being sent to mandatory training on your single day off and being paid minimum wage for trainging hours $13-15/hr, you’ll be literally paying to go to work by the time you deduct gas minus from your training wage your in the negative and all this on your single day off. I must say arc and it’s management staff sure found an effective way to make their employees  more... suffer and than expect you to smile and just take it because they have a gun being held to the entire staffs heads, say a single complaint and fight for yourself or your rights and you’ll be fired immediately. It’s definitely one the all time worst employers ever, the company needs a major overhaul of its supervisors and management staff. Anyone with a position of authority gives you attitude, majority of the time your being bullied and talked down and even straight up yelled at. Even over a honest question asked can get you the most unprofessional response. I am shocked how this place even still has staff working for them. The turnover is huge and is worse than Wendy’s or McDonalds. I’ve never seen a company run so poorly. If their client was to catch any of sign of the mistreatment of its staff I’m sure they would drop them as a contract provider and sign some much larger security firm. If you desperately need a job find it elsewhere because in a matter of a week or two you’ll see what people are saying is true, your better off working for any and I mean any other security company.  less
Pros
K9, company vehicle, OT is available
Cons
Long hours, extremely poor management
Its a job
Handler (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC1 October 2018
The most toxic environment I've worked in. It does not matter how good your work performance is, as long as management likes you and your co workers don't you'll be fine (or management will lie on your behalf). Its the first job I've had that threatens to fire on a constant bases. The supervisor has done more things to embarrass the company and is still there so future employee's you'll be fine. There is lots of work due to high staff turn over.

Good part is they pay well, the dogs are bought ok trained and the trainer is great, knows how to help fix problems as long as the handler listens.

The site is boring so bring things to occupy the time.

I got tired of people asking why ARC employees are so miserable looking.
Pros
Dog, trainer
Cons
Negative work envirnoment, no positive feed back, you pay for your own gas in the company car.
Management is not supportive
Handler (Former Employee) –  BC27 September 2018
Management bullies and harasses their employees. Threaten to fires constantly as a way to intimidate employees. Very unprofessional and toxic environment. I do not recommend this company at all.
Pros
Cons
Bullying as a way to control staff. They do not encorage a team atmosphere.
One of the BEST security companies to work for
Supervisor (Current Employee) –  British Columbia27 September 2018
One of the most professional security companies around.

Management genuinely cares about the safety of their staff and provides them with top notch equipment to get the job done.

There is room for advancement for those who excel and show initiative.

Staff are paid well and have access to medical benefits that are second to none.

ARC takes the protection of their clients' assets seriously! If you are lazy and have a poor work ethic you won't last long!
Pros
top wages, top of the line equipment, medical benefits
Worst company to work for.
K-9 Handler (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC26 September 2018
-Extremely unprofessional supervisors. Both supervisors are hypocritical and ignorant to their own mistakes.

-This company has a higher turnover rate than the burgers at McDonalds, there's a reason for that. Don't work here.
Pros
N/a
Cons
Unprofessional and no care for employees.
K9 handler review
K9 handler (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB26 September 2018
I would not every want to work with the company again. Or even suggest anyone to apply. The overall complaint is horrible management do not treat employee well.
Pros
Dog
Cons
Managment
Worst company to work for !
K9 handler (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC26 September 2018
This is not somewhere you want to work at. They do not treat the employees like people, you're worked like a dog to the point of collapsing or quitting. Management is just terrible unable to properly speak to you, unorganized and all over the place. Supervisors think that they are all knowing and belittle the employees. Iv never been spoken to with such disrespect from a supervisor, cursing at you while off on your personal phone.Environment is horrible, really no breaks while working. I don't understand how this company is still running. Overall stay clear, and anyone still there get out.
Pros
Money
Cons
One of the best security firms to work for
Security Guard (Former Employee) –  Alberta26 September 2018
This security company has grown steadily over the years to become a contender with the larger firms.

Their staff are professionals and dedicated, the uniforms are unique, the equipment utilized is new and up to date and the reporting is second to none.

I have moved on in my career, but would recommend this company to any one seeking employment within the security industry, and to any business seeking a professional security provider.
Pros
Great working experience, thoughful supervision, management that cares about staff and clients alike, all along with decent wages and benifits
Cons
Didn't have any during my employment
Great company to work for
K9 Handler (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC26 September 2018
Currently a K9 handler and working with ARC has been nothing but a positive experience for me. Management is very supportive and is always there for you. Nice company vehicles, above average & competitive industry handler wages, premium benefits, very professional looking uniforms, K9 team training by their very experienced in-house trainers, and much more. overall a great work environment as long as you work hard and take the job seriously. Would definitely recommend working for this company!
Pros
Working with a dog, Good pay, Nice company vehicles, Supportive management, Good benefits, Professional uniform
Best Security Firm In Canada
Manager (Former Employee) –  Alberta26 September 2018
Many of us in the security industry have had the misfortune of working for many security firms. The industry has high turnover. After 18 years in the industry I can say that ARC is the best firm I have ever worked for. Very organized and professional and on the technological cutting edge.

The only down side is that the Work\Life Balance is non-existent for all management staff and many guards because the work is plentiful. That being said, the co-workers are great and so work doesn't always feel like work and management really does make an effort to take care of all staff as much as possible.
Pros
Amazing team, decent wages, does everything according to labor standards
Cons
Work\Life Balance leans heavy on the work side
Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Vancouver, BC26 September 2018
Company is easy-going and accommodating to needs of employees. Benefits are very good and locations are taken into account when scheduling shifts. No political BS in office work or in scheduling.

All in all, a very good company to work for.
Pros
Good management, considerate employer, good benefits
Cons
Sometimes long hours.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at ARC Protection Corp.. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7