Arby's

Clear
2.8Pay & benefits

Found 52 reviews matching the searchSee all 13,062 reviews

Ok place to work

Working at Arbys was an ok experience overall. At times it could be stressful and a little overwhelming depending on who was working and if we were short staffed. Hours were good enough for a part time job but the shifts were very sporadic and all over the place. It was very difficult to plan anything or schedule appointments as the schedule was usually posted very late.

My forever job

Arby's is a fantastic employer. If you need a day off, they let you have that day off. One time, my car broke down and I had to take the GRT. I forgot I wasn't scheduled for that day, but they gave me a full day's salary anyway.I would highly recommend working at Arby's, even Arby's roast beef is 100% fresh beef.

Insights into Arby's

Areas for improvement
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Fair pay for job
  • Ability to meet personal goals

pays good

paid breaks, free food for managers. very busy and stressful environment and feels like there’s not enough staff most of the time. fun place to work and easy job but very fast paced

Garbage

place to work terrible pay and terrible work standards. Never gave raises and would book you less than 24 hours before a shift and wouldn't notify you that you were booked. Good discount on food

Fun only if you’re apart of the clique

Management has been terrible, full of drama and nobody tries to work unless it’s during a really bad rush, paid breaks and 50% off food is nice, rules are only enforced for people who aren’t apart of the main group, not a terrible place to work or start off at but not a good place to work at long term.

Pros

Paid breaks, Flexible scheduling

Cons

Terrible culture/environment, almost no chance of advancement

Not so great

This place has its ups and downs, for the most part the staff was good but the management has some less desirable qualities and it would help if they got some benefits.

Pros

Good staff

Cons

Poor management

Alright

Alright place to work. General manager seems on top of things. It is minimum wage and part time hours so you can’t live off it solely. Fun environment though.

Idk what else to say

Was good to put on my resume for work experience but overall my few months at Arby's were pretty terrible. So much interpersonal drama among employees and even managers.

Pros

Employee Discount

Cons

Inconsistent Management, Lack of Hours, Long Shifts, Lack of Covid-19 Regulation Enforcement

with the new management and with my high rate of 18.99, I was not given hour.

Since day 1, I worked in Arby's I am already a supervisor working night shift for the longest time since no one wants the evening shift. But being a temporary foreign worker I only have the minimum wage of 11.65 but I do have 50 plus hours to have at least a supervisor salary. Then before the manager they chose was terminated he make my salary 18.99 and gave me an assistant manager title but the new manager doesn't like it so I get only 22 hours in a week because of that rate even I am a full timer. I just resigned because even I already talked to him and promise to give me at least 35 hours per week it never happen, it is just implying that he don't want me anymore. The owner doesn't even care even if I don't even have any benefits in that company I worked for 7 years and have been there running the store for 3 years without a manager. I just felt so used and never been acknowledge by the owners.

Don't even try - unless you're a highschool student

This place is good for highschool students ONLY, only because of flexible scheduling. If you work frontline, they will cut your hours if their sales for the day are low. You are encouraged by the manager to do "extra cleaning" if you do good with that, your reward? More extra cleaning. I work frontline and backline, been here for 2 years, as hard as anyone would work if they care about the place. Never given a raise, stayed at the minimun wage because the management is really really cheap to the bone.

Not like before

Ever since we change manager, work shift decreases, super strict rules were implemented and there is no consideration anymore. Unlike before where that even i have complicated schedule with school, I can get at least 20 hours bi-weekly.

Pros

good relationship with co-workers

Cons

not enough hours

Horrible

It was good at first. The manager doesn't follow work laws and health regulations very well. Hard to get breaks, which makes it hard to work. Constant drama, and unnecessary yelling at the staff. Not fun.

Pros

Free food

Cons

Negativity everywhere

Fun and enjoyable environment

Working in a fast paced environment is tiring and fun at the same. During busy hours we need to reach the target time that we needed and also reach a desired quality of the product. Even though its busy we still have time to laugh of everyone joke to ease the busy day. We also learn to work as a team to make the work much faster. The management was also accommodating especially to our schedule.

Pros

Free lunch and fun workmates

Cons

no benefits

Never Appreciated

Spent 10 years working here. It was the worst job I ever had. The owner wasn't very friendly and made it hard for staff to stay on. Not much appreciation for the work done. I even had a guest one time offer me her purse to hit the owner with.

benefits

Cons

Not appreciated

Lots of hours! Steady pay

Good hours, steady pay but the management is not that great. Training is thorough but again the boss is not that laid back-not the he needs to be (creates better work environment though). A great job for teens.

Pros

Steady hours

Cons

No free food

Fun workplace

Everyday was a good day at arby's everyone was friendly and very helpful towards other team members, and customers. Managers were nice and the pay was fair and the hours were decent for when I was attending school.

Great restaurant

i don't fully remember everything when i worked there seeming it was a few years back, but i do recall enjoying the job very much. For a part time job arbys was super great. I got flexible hours working there instead of just a set schedule. I could work around my school time, which was nice. The team i worked with were amazing people, we always had smiles & everyone was just as friendly as could be.

Pros

free drinks

Cons

busy day/night

Poor management

Management used to be great until new owners and my hours started getting cut down to 15 hour weeks. Also, there was no seniority. I had been there for almost 2 years and someone who had been there only for a few months was getting more hours than me.

Cons

Terrible hours

wonderful place and people to work with

I learned a lot about customer service and how the typical day starts at a restaurant from opening to closing. The lunch hours and supper hours were very stressful and always go go go to get customers orders made and packaged for them in less then a minute. Making our customers happy was always number 1. My co-workers and I made a great team and thrived to be successful and always helped each other out when we ourselves were not busy attending to customers.

Pros

free lunches

Cons

salary

love my wonderful easy job

i love my easy job at arbys. my boss has been incredibly wonderful to me throughout my years, giving me time off for school, or even needing more hours for bills. she has always been there to help me through ANYTHING.

Pros

easy job

Cons

some of the staff are annoying

Work was great

Was a great work place and got plenty of hours. Had lots of perks working there and staff was pleasant to work with and food was really good there. Great place to work !!

Pros

Discout on food

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Arby's. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.1 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement