Arby's

Canada14 reviews

2.8Pay & benefits

Found 14 reviews matching the searchSee all 13,322 reviews
foodsandwichrushrestaurantcleaningshiftmanagerfast

My manager was legit the best

I worked at Arbys on and off for probably 8 years. My manager at the time was awesome. He was always happy and super relatable, fun easy going. After I had found a job with better pay and left some time later he actually approached me at my new job and had said he needed help, staffing issues so I actually agreed to help him on a short term basis just because he was one of the best people I’ve ever worked for. There was no benefits at the Arbys in Canada that I worked for. No paid time off, and the hourly pay was awful.

Best place

Best employer. Very friendly environment and staff. Best place to work at. Had a very good experience working at Arby's. Very clean restaurant. Well maintained.

Insights into Arby's

Areas for improvement
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Support from manager
  • Sense of belonging

it was terrific

it honeslty was amazing, fast paced at times everyone willing to help you out. it was a very great place I learned a lot of skills while being employed

Efficient, fast paced, team work

It was very good working experience for me because I learnt how to use all machines and equipment in a fast food restaurant in Canada, customer service, communicate with people from all walks of life, team work with people from different countries, coping with cash and bank cards, solve problems like wrong orders.

Not like before

Ever since we change manager, work shift decreases, super strict rules were implemented and there is no consideration anymore. Unlike before where that even i have complicated schedule with school, I can get at least 20 hours bi-weekly.

Pros

good relationship with co-workers

Cons

not enough hours

productive

Lots of cleaning Stocking Decent food Certain Staff were great to work with Certain Managers were great to work with Owners are a bit uptight Don't really know what is going on and in some instances they are rude.

Nice Experience

This was my first job. They trained me and helped nurture my customer service skills. They also shaped me into the employee I am today. They also had a great outlook on customer service responsibility.

wonderful place and people to work with

I learned a lot about customer service and how the typical day starts at a restaurant from opening to closing. The lunch hours and supper hours were very stressful and always go go go to get customers orders made and packaged for them in less then a minute. Making our customers happy was always number 1. My co-workers and I made a great team and thrived to be successful and always helped each other out when we ourselves were not busy attending to customers.

Pros

free lunches

Cons

salary

Provided a good place to work for first job and enjoayable co workers

I worked at Arbys for roughly a year and a half. During my time there plenty of ups and downs were thrown at me. Though most co workers were great our store manager and assistant manager were both sexist, and very rude to all employees. Given the chance I would run a store but wouldn't take a position lower.

Pros

Free food, great co workers

not bad

the job is pretty easy over all, but need focus on details a lot. if the salary is satisfy my need I wont need a new job. the most enjoyable at work is communicate with employees and customers, not bad for make a new friend everyday.

used to be a good job

- business is going down - love my coworkers - treated poorly - cut hours - not paid properly - I am a super friendly and caring person who puts my job before anything, only as long as I am appreciated for what I do. I am known for going the extra mile to get things done and get extra stuff done. Lately it has been unrecognized and I am unhappy with where I am.

Pros

Got more supervisory skills

Cons

Boss cant run a business

Great place to work for a first job

Typical day: Take orders on cash or in drive-thru, run orders, cook on fryers, make sandwiches backline, prepare deposits, delegate tasks, count cashes Skills learned: Customer service, management Management: Good Co-workers: Very nice Hardest part of job: Customer complaints Most enjoyable part of job: Rushes

good working relationship and fast and nice customer service

I am working full time mostly opening and do cashiers job often. i learned how to deal with different customers and co-workers as well as to be a leader in a team. as a supervisor i can say that my manager is approachable and my co-workers are open to accept tasks. the hardest part of a job is to deal with people that are not appreciative on the service given. all of the employees have open communication and helping to each other.

Pros

flexible time

Cons

no free meal

fun to work with,hard working

Previous customer servicePunctual,reliable and hardworkingWork well in a team setting but also work independentlyopen to learning new skillsfollow directions wellBachelor in Elementary Education in the PhilippinesHairdressing Certificate in the PhilippinesFlexible regarding hours of work

Pros

30 minutes break with pay

Cons

regular hour of work a day for 5 days

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Arby's. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.1 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement