Arby's

Shift Manager21 reviews
Canada21 reviews

Found 21 reviews matching the searchSee all 13,184 reviews

Friendly Environment For First Job

A family-oriented workplace with friendly staff and room to grow as an individual and employee. Reliable hours, collaborative management team and a positive work environment.

Pros

Meal discounts

Very stressful and cut throat

All managers are on a different page. Nothing is consistent. A lot of playing like its party time not work time. The worst work environment I've seen.

Insights into Arby's

What people like
  • Feeling of personal appreciation
Areas for improvement
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Fair pay for job
  • Sense of belonging

Fast paced

I have worked at Arby's for longer then I would've like to. The culture while working is fast paced and kinda stressful. They were very good to accommodate my school and curricular activities schedule.

Management was great. Environment was spectacular. Always friendly. Did their best for accommodating shifts. Open door policy lead to easy to deal with issues suggestions or complaints.

Excellent place to Work

.Good work culture. .Management is really good. .Excellent staff. .Training given is excellent. .General manager is outstanding. .Good and quality food served.

Fast-paced and fun working environment

I have gone from being a backline cook to a shift supervisor. If you are willing to do the extra work and the nitty gritty you will be able to succeed in this company. Always show up to your shifts and do any extra tasks you get asked as it helps build a better relationship with your supervisors and managers as it shows you have the dedication to work. Hardest part about the job is having to deal with the small staff team that arby's keeps as we try to keep our team low and well trained rather then a large team with minimal training. Most enjoyable part of this job is being able to make somebodies day with the quality and quickness of service we try to offer the best we can.

Pros

good tasting food

Cons

Small staff team

Good Experience for High School Students

The overall work environment is 2.5/5 for me. Like any job, it comes with a lot of pros and cons. The pros being that if you're a hard worker, you get a ton of hours, for staff members, food was 50% off, and there was socialization outside of the workplace; like summer events and Christmas dinners. The cons were that it is run by high school students, if you are not part of the ‘clique’, then consider yourself a target. The stigma of the store was poor, due to the fact that immature people are promoted too fast. Management was very poor as there was no fear instilled in the employees which allowed them to think they could do whatever they want. Also, there were favourites, and the favourites always got the last word, even if their word was wrong. Many people have left the job solely for this reason. I recommend this job for someone who is between the ages of 16-20. If you’re older than that, and would like a career in fast food, look for something that includes more mature employees.

Pros

Lots of hours

Cons

Attitude of employees, run by high school students

good although lazy employees

the service is great, the management team is enjoyable. they do have very lazy employees and have low expectations. the general manager barely watches what goes on in the restaurant. pleasant experience but not very respectable team members, they do not follow protocol.

Pros

free meals

Cons

services are falling apart.

Fast paced environment

Was a very nice place to work the employees were great people to work with and the customers were just the greatest people always happy to see you and always have a big smile on their faces.

Pros

Competitive hours

Cons

The upper management team were very hard to work with

first job

a typical day at work what you learned management workplace culture the hardest part of the job the most enjoyable part of the job your company review and job title will be shown publicly on indeed

Interesting Staff

My time at Arby's was very interesting. Had to do more babysitting then anything, but if I had a good group the day went well. Staying on top of things such as roasts could be difficult on busy days.

Pros

free lunches

Cons

working to cover other managers

fun place to work. good environment to meet people.

good place to start working. made lots of friends over the years. went from basic till training to shift manager trained fairly quickly. always room for improvement and advancement if you wanted it. if you wanted training in different areas to get extra hours you justhad to ask. all in all a good place i say.

Pros

discounted food on shift 50% off shift 20%

Cons

occasional grouchy customer, tile floors are hard on my knees.

supportive and professional

A typical day as apart of the management team at Arbys consisted of morning paperwork, coordinating staff ,cleaning and maintaining equipment and insuring guest satisfaction.The other members of the management team were supportive and showed genuine interest in growth of the team as a whole.

Pros

supportive atmosphere

Cons

Unorganized, minimum wage pay even for managers.

I worked at Arbys for 4 years, and have been promoted from crew member to team leader to trainer and finally to shift manager, with all those promotions I was still only making $10.75 an hour! I was scheduled to close the store and then open the very next day many many times. Because the store manager and the other 2 shift managers were family and had family functions to attend there were a few days where I was the only manager in store, working from 8am - 11pm or 12am.

Pros

crew members got 50% off food and managers got free food

Cons

Unorganized and poor employee appreciation.

Fun, Productive, Lots of opportunity

While working at Arbys I learned very many useful skills. I started as a cashier and over the years I have worked hard to earn my management position. I am very reliable seeing as I live very close and am always on time. The staff there is great. Everyone always works together as a team to get any job done. 2 years ago we lost a big part of our operating system ( the screens to tell you what order is what). Since then we have all adapted to working without it, and worked together so everything can run smoothly and efficiently. That is probably the hardest part of the job is working without the system. On May 28th, 2015 I received sad news that as of Sunday June 21st 2015 the store will be permanently closing due to the expiry/ termination of the lease.

Once you start, you don't leave. A dependable job, however, everything becomes expected of you.

Typical day includes: -constant customer interaction -making sure orders are taken correctly and filled accurately -handling cash and debit transactions -I've learned that people have a total disregard for people in the service industry -you are lower than the average human being when taking their orders -the management is good at times -they make good accommodations for your schedule, however, this is not always the case -hardest part of the job is the customers and the management. Both are always expecting the absolute most from you,regardless if you are able to do it or not -the most enjoyable part of the job would be everything else. Sometimes customers are wonderful, the daily and extra jobs are manageable, the staff/co-workers are generally great. The job itself besides a few other factors is great.

Pros

Short Shifts, Flexible Scheduling, Good Staff Environment

Cons

Okay Management, Extra becomes expected, Rude Customers

arbys was fun

Arbys was a very busy and competitve for drive thru times that iv'e seen besides Tim Horton. I learned so much about keeping evrything sanitized and organized as well as saving all data of inventory and what was used during the day and comparing it with our daily sales of all menu items and at the end of the day we would know if we were short on for example beef or chicken strips because we kept count of all our wastes and count of all our sales. it was very important to weigh anything else that couldn't be counted so we would be able to keep track of our fries ect.. i learned alot about computers working there.

Pros

how fast the time went by

Cons

working very late and closing with just two of us.

learned to take on responsibilities i would not normally have at a job

my typical day at work consisted of opening the store counting the tills, preparing all veggies, meats and toppings to be used. i would start the deep fryers and place roasts in the oven. i had the responsibilities of 3 people as we were understaffed. I would also close the store so inventory, deposit and count the safe and tills. i also had to make sure everyone else was doing their jobs and the store stayed clean and presentable for customers to dine in. i was trained in management after only 8 months of working there and learned a lot like just how much work and responsibility it is to run a restaurant. my coworkers did not respect me at first so i had to gain their respect and trust by doing 110% of my job and helping them also as i was one of the youngest people there. overall one of the best most fulfilling jobs i had.

Pros

bieng the shift manager

Cons

not full time hours

Arby's

Overall Arby's was a great place to work. everyone was friendly, great to work with and all in all just a wonderful place, they made you feel like you were at home.

Great job, great people, great experiences with co-workers

Had great experiences with handling many responsibilities and had a great atmosphere to work in!

Shift Supervisor

Responsible for Supervising 5 -7 workers. Daily Reports, and Cleaning duties were completed daily, and sometimes hourly. Cooking and kitchen work.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Arby's. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.1 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement