Arby's

Cashier57 reviews
Canada57 reviews

Found 57 reviews matching the searchSee all 13,322 reviews
foodsandwichrushrestaurantcleaningshiftmanagerfast

Fun coworkers, management is lacking

The best part of this job is the coworkers. The management is lacking for the most part. One manager is great, but the other ones are kind of just there to be there, they don't do much.

My forever job

Arby's is a fantastic employer. If you need a day off, they let you have that day off. One time, my car broke down and I had to take the GRT. I forgot I wasn't scheduled for that day, but they gave me a full day's salary anyway.I would highly recommend working at Arby's, even Arby's roast beef is 100% fresh beef.

Insights into Arby's

Areas for improvement
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Support from manager
  • Sense of belonging

Fun place to work

I would start at 8 am by baking potatoes, getting the restaurant ready for the day ahead, I learned how to become an assistant manager, the hardest part of the job was standing for 8 hours, and the most enjoyable part of the job was all my great co-workers.

Terrible place to work

Management was extremely rude and was always looking over you shoulder. Not organized what so ever, no one stayed in there designated areas and things were usually very stressful during rush hour.

Pros

Discounted food

Cons

Rude and inconsiderate management

I had fun while I worked there but I also did my job

Working there felt awkward sometimes depends who I was around,some of us just clicked better then others,they weren’t bossy they didn’t even have to ask me to do certain things unless there was no customers then they would try to find something for me to do,I like being on the go and moving,I don’t like a boring job,I really hope I can find a job I like soon

Pros

Discount

Cons

I wasn’t good enough for them

Great work atmosphere, and supportive team

My experience working at Arby's has been great for perfecting my customer service technique, so much so that it comes second nature to me, the pace here is comparable to a dine in restaurant, same lunch and dinner rush times though, Sunday through Tuesday tends to be slower. The franchisee is an eclectic leader and incredibly knowledgeable and passionate about Arby's which creates a dedicated work environment. The motto here is to help your coworker so you never feel as if youre left on your own but you are given enough space to prove yourself once its earned. Its honestly a family like atmosphere that I didn't expect from a fast food chain so it enjoyable to work with the other employees and managers. I really enjoy my time here.

productive and a great place to gain experience for working at a restaurant

My experience at Arby's was fun I enjoyed working there and gaining experience in a restaurant environment. I learned new skills such as working with a team and getting used to working in a fast paced work place.

This place was great, just not enough money.

This place was a good place to work at I do recommend it but maybe for a part time job, you don’t get many hours be here and the management kinda sucks.

No Care at all

Do not work here, everyone there is awful and only cares about them self and you never get a break when working an 8 hour shift and if you're lucky enough it's 10 mins that's it . They over work everyone there all the time and only want to make money and don't care for their employees at all. Point is don't work there just be broke instead.

Standing all day and taking orders from customers

Being professional and being a good listener .Treating customers with atmost respect irrespective of their situation.The hardest part of the job is standing all day taking orders.The most enjoyable part is when customers appreciate your service

Minimum wage, minimum care

The store is run down, the equipment is always broken, and the management is horrible. The store owner doesn't care about anything other than turning a profit, and the general manager is so stuck inside her own ways of doing things that it is hard for anything to get done on time. Management is ineffective at solving problems, and frankly unpleasant. There is rampant favoritism, and almost no room for growth within the company.

Pros

It's work

Cons

The management sucks

Very toxic work environment due to management

Arby’s has been a very negative influence on my mental health. Managers and supervisors very unprofessional and do not value their workers. It could be a very great work environment if it weren’t for the lack of compassion from the managers. Verbal harassment and bullying is an issue here and is strongly overlooked, and has caused many to quit.

Pros

Enjoyable coworkers

Cons

Employee harassment

Not recommenced

-worked here for 2 years and the manager was very rude and never trained anyone correctly it was always other staff helping one another -never was allowed time off -do not recommend

Horrible

It was good at first. The manager doesn't follow work laws and health regulations very well. Hard to get breaks, which makes it hard to work. Constant drama, and unnecessary yelling at the staff. Not fun.

Pros

Free food

Cons

Negativity everywhere

fun

very restrictive, has lots of rules, some managers are rude, friendly environment, sometimes customers are rude but it's fast food, you have to be quick.

Pros

Staff discount 50%

comforting environment, safe and fun workplace

as a cashier, giving the best customer service is a must. it is hard to deal with customers that is going to blame me or get mad for things that I do no control like the pricing, portioning of the food, etc. nonetheless, my workplace was safe and I felt like my coworkers always have my back and would help me out anytime im having trouble dealing with problems in the store.

Good

One of my First jobs, I don't remember much. I learned to deal with money in real instances making sure to check and phrase it. I used it with school work to earn credits.

it's a chill place to work because of its location and the management

I only worked with this company for 2 weeks because I had to move here in Toronto. But in those 2 weeks I learned how to clean and maintain the cleanliness of the lobby and it was my first job so I actually get to enjoy to use their till. The management of the store was fully organized and they make sure to serve people with satisfaction

Pros

Free ride

Cons

Clean environment

Arbys Cashier

First job and probably my favourite part time job. I love the staff and the food. The building was always well kept cared off while still joking around.

Nice working environment Fun co-workers I enjoy working in Arby's because all employees are nice, even the owner. They offer flexible hours and employee recognition.

Fairly good workplace

A typical day at work involved using the fryers, taking orders, handing out meals, and working with meals. It was enjoyable and kept you busy but was very low staffed. The coworkers felt more like family than workers. It had it's bad moments but overall was a good work experience.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Arby's. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.1 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement