Arby's

Whitby, ON2 reviews

Found 2 reviews matching the searchSee all 13,322 reviews
foodsandwichrushrestaurantcleaningshiftmanagerfast

Thinking Arbys

The Arbys in Whitby was an Arbys that was tryuing to make more money due to its previous failed management and the location. The location was hidden by a big hill off King street in Whitby. Due to the hidden location, it was not very busy, but when it was busy me and my team worked out buns off to make sure everyone was served and served great quality food.

learned to take on responsibilities i would not normally have at a job

my typical day at work consisted of opening the store counting the tills, preparing all veggies, meats and toppings to be used. i would start the deep fryers and place roasts in the oven. i had the responsibilities of 3 people as we were understaffed. I would also close the store so inventory, deposit and count the safe and tills. i also had to make sure everyone else was doing their jobs and the store stayed clean and presentable for customers to dine in. i was trained in management after only 8 months of working there and learned a lot like just how much work and responsibility it is to run a restaurant. my coworkers did not respect me at first so i had to gain their respect and trust by doing 110% of my job and helping them also as i was one of the youngest people there. overall one of the best most fulfilling jobs i had.

Pros

bieng the shift manager

Cons

not full time hours

Insights into Arby's

Areas for improvement
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Support from manager
  • Sense of belonging

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Arby's. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.1 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement