Arby's

Arby's Employee Reviews in Oshawa, ON

Oshawa, ON8 reviews

Found 8 reviews matching the searchSee all 13,314 reviews
foodsandwichrushrestaurantcleaningshiftmanagerfast

What you'd expect, but not as bad.

It's really what you'd expect from a job of this type if you've had one before. But it isn't quite AS bad as some of the competitors. If you're looking for a restaurant job that isn't as chaotic as some of the rest, this is for you!

Great work atmosphere, and supportive team

My experience working at Arby's has been great for perfecting my customer service technique, so much so that it comes second nature to me, the pace here is comparable to a dine in restaurant, same lunch and dinner rush times though, Sunday through Tuesday tends to be slower. The franchisee is an eclectic leader and incredibly knowledgeable and passionate about Arby's which creates a dedicated work environment. The motto here is to help your coworker so you never feel as if youre left on your own but you are given enough space to prove yourself once its earned. Its honestly a family like atmosphere that I didn't expect from a fast food chain so it enjoyable to work with the other employees and managers. I really enjoy my time here.

Insights into Arby's

Areas for improvement
  • Support from manager
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Trust in colleagues

Friendly Environment For First Job

A family-oriented workplace with friendly staff and room to grow as an individual and employee. Reliable hours, collaborative management team and a positive work environment.

Pros

Meal discounts

Working at Arby's was terrible.

From scalding hot surfaces, to frequent removed menu item orders, to the terrible management team, working at Arby's was an absolute nightmare. I definitely would not recommend it to anybody.

Good Experience for High School Students

The overall work environment is 2.5/5 for me. Like any job, it comes with a lot of pros and cons. The pros being that if you're a hard worker, you get a ton of hours, for staff members, food was 50% off, and there was socialization outside of the workplace; like summer events and Christmas dinners. The cons were that it is run by high school students, if you are not part of the ‘clique’, then consider yourself a target. The stigma of the store was poor, due to the fact that immature people are promoted too fast. Management was very poor as there was no fear instilled in the employees which allowed them to think they could do whatever they want. Also, there were favourites, and the favourites always got the last word, even if their word was wrong. Many people have left the job solely for this reason. I recommend this job for someone who is between the ages of 16-20. If you’re older than that, and would like a career in fast food, look for something that includes more mature employees.

Pros

Lots of hours

Cons

Attitude of employees, run by high school students

Lots of hours! Steady pay

Good hours, steady pay but the management is not that great. Training is thorough but again the boss is not that laid back-not the he needs to be (creates better work environment though). A great job for teens.

Pros

Steady hours

Cons

No free food

Great environment, fast paced

typical day is lunch/dinner rushes and prepping for each rush, very standard fast food stuff. i learned about FIFO (First in First out), different temperatures and multiple different multitasking strategies to be more efficient i was part of management for most of my career at arbys, previous to management i did start as a crew member, and worked my way up. management at the time was good but short staffed, fair and didn't pick favorites. The hardest part of the job was the label, telling people i was full time at an arbys restaurant, i just believed i'm destined for more than managing a fast food chain. Pride aside, it was a great place to work. Everybody got a long, nobody had any drama with anybody, never had to worry about who i was working with because everybody knew what they were doing and nobody was better than the other. as well as a manager, i got free lunches

Pros

free lunches

Cons

Label of working at Arby's

professional and productive workplace

I learned good customer service skills at Arby's and i learned a lot about fast food industries here, and how they run. I was mostly lobby but i sometimes helped in the kitchen and i enjoyed it alot. My favorite part about my job at Arby's was icing the turnovers.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Arby's. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.1 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement