Arby's Employee Reviews

Found 178 reviews matching the search See all 9,059 reviews
Bad management team
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Orillia, ON11 May 2019
Head office told our store manager to cut hours and she hired 6 people just after that. You can be given no shifts for a long period of time for no reason. Some get one shift in two months
Fast-paced and fun working environment
Shift Supervisor (Current Employee) –  Sudbury, ON29 April 2019
I have gone from being a backline cook to a shift supervisor. If you are willing to do the extra work and the nitty gritty you will be able to succeed in this company. Always show up to your shifts and do any extra tasks you get asked as it helps build a better relationship with your supervisors and managers as it shows you have the dedication to work. Hardest part about the job is having to deal with the small staff team that arby's keeps as we try to keep our team low and well trained rather then a large team with minimal training. Most enjoyable part of this job is being able to make somebodies day with the quality and quickness of service we try to offer the best we can.
Pros
good tasting food
Cons
Small staff team
Arbys
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Sarnia, ON29 April 2019
I loved working at Arby's. Great work environment and even better management. The renovations made the restaurant easier to maintain and keep clean which is amazing.
Pros
Environment
Cons
Cleaning the bathroom
Very toxic work environment due to management
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Sault Ste. Marie, ON26 April 2019
Arby’s has been a very negative influence on my mental health. Managers and supervisors very unprofessional and do not value their workers. It could be a very great work environment if it weren’t for the lack of compassion from the managers. Verbal harassment and bullying is an issue here and is strongly overlooked, and has caused many to quit.
Pros
Enjoyable coworkers
Cons
Employee harassment
Not recommenced
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Coquitlam, BC14 April 2019
-worked here for 2 years and the manager was very rude and never trained anyone correctly it was always other staff helping one another
-never was allowed time off
-do not recommend
Horrible
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Regina, SK20 March 2019
It was good at first. The manager doesn't follow work laws and health regulations very well. Hard to get breaks, which makes it hard to work. Constant drama, and unnecessary yelling at the staff. Not fun.
Pros
Free food
Cons
Negativity everywhere
Fun place to learn the fast food industy
Prep Cook/ Health and Safety Rep (Former Employee) –  Chatham-Kent, ON27 February 2019
I prepared most of the most daily, mostly communicated with employees then with customers. I learned how to cook enough food for the day and prep enough supplies.
Pros
cheap lunch
Cons
dealing with cleaning up grease
fun
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON20 February 2019
very restrictive, has lots of rules, some managers are rude, friendly environment, sometimes customers are rude but it's fast food, you have to be quick.
Pros
Staff discount 50%
Very nice experience
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB21 January 2019
It was a very good experience and I really enjoy working with my team. It was an employer's decision to replaced me and try something different with the restaurant.
Pros
Fun to work
Cons
Employee shortage
comforting environment, safe and fun workplace
CREW (CASHIER, DRIVE THRU, RUNNER) (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB21 December 2018
as a cashier, giving the best customer service is a must. it is hard to deal with customers that is going to blame me or get mad for things that I do no control like the pricing, portioning of the food, etc. nonetheless, my workplace was safe and I felt like my coworkers always have my back and would help me out anytime im having trouble dealing with problems in the store.
Good
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB11 December 2018
One of my First jobs, I don't remember much. I learned to deal with money in real instances making sure to check and phrase it. I used it with school work to earn credits.
Good Experience for High School Students
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON6 December 2018
The overall work environment is 2.5/5 for me. Like any job, it comes with a lot of pros and cons. The pros being that if you're a hard worker, you get a ton of hours, for staff members, food was 50% off, and there was socialization outside of the workplace; like summer events and Christmas dinners. The cons were that it is run by high school students, if you are not part of the ‘clique’, then consider yourself a target. The stigma of the store was poor, due to the fact that immature people are promoted too fast. Management was very poor as there was no fear instilled in the employees which allowed them to think they could do whatever they want. Also, there were favourites, and the favourites always got the last word, even if their word was wrong. Many people have left the job solely for this reason. I recommend this job for someone who is between the ages of 16-20. If you’re older than that, and would like a career in fast food, look for something that includes more mature employees.
Pros
Lots of hours
Cons
Attitude of employees, run by high school students
company running down hill
Inventory Clerk (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BC19 November 2018
Sadly when i worked for Arby's it was under terrible management and the store was eventually shut down so i dont have much to say about the company. It's your basic fast food experience, trained in cash and prep. low end employees like myself were given duties that typicly a manager would do so it worked learning some management skills. I don't know if all Arby's are the same but there was no cleaning training or duties involved in any part of the job. Got free food on breaks and slow times.
Pros
free food, very flexible hours, laid back work
Cons
management and training program, store cleanliness
very productive place fun and life teaching
Part-time employee (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON19 November 2018
i think that if the place had more employees working then the food would be made faster and that they should also put music on for people's entertainment and comfort wale eating there food.
Pros
5 minute lunch break
Cons
short hours
Fun and enjoyable environment
Food Service Attendant (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB13 November 2018
Working in a fast paced environment is tiring and fun at the same. During busy hours we need to reach the target time that we needed and also reach a desired quality of the product. Even though its busy we still have time to laugh of everyone joke to ease the busy day. We also learn to work as a team to make the work much faster. The management was also accommodating especially to our schedule.
Pros
Free lunch and fun workmates
Cons
no benefits
Never Appreciated
Lead Hand (Shift Supervisor) (Former Employee) –  Bridgewater, NS7 November 2018
Spent 10 years working here. It was the worst job I ever had. The owner wasn't very friendly and made it hard for staff to stay on. Not much appreciation for the work done. I even had a guest one time offer me her purse to hit the owner with.
benefits
Cons
Not appreciated
it's a chill place to work because of its location and the management
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Spruce Grove, AB4 November 2018
I only worked with this company for 2 weeks because I had to move here in Toronto. But in those 2 weeks I learned how to clean and maintain the cleanliness of the lobby and it was my first job so I actually get to enjoy to use their till. The management of the store was fully organized and they make sure to serve people with satisfaction
Pros
Free ride
Cons
Clean environment
productive
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ON10 October 2018
Lots of cleaning
Stocking
Decent food
Certain Staff were great to work with
Certain Managers were great to work with

Owners are a bit uptight
Don't really know what is going on and in some instances they are rude.
Lots of hours! Steady pay
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON26 September 2018
Good hours, steady pay but the management is not that great. Training is thorough but again the boss is not that laid back-not the he needs to be (creates better work environment though). A great job for teens.
Pros
Steady hours
Cons
No free food
Fun workplace
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Sault Ste. Maire, Ont20 September 2018
Everyday was a good day at arby's everyone was friendly and very helpful towards other team members, and customers. Managers were nice and the pay was fair and the hours were decent for when I was attending school.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Arby's. Our community is ready to answer.

52.5K