Arby's Employee Reviews

Found 168 reviews matching the search See all 8,416 reviews
comforting environment, safe and fun workplace
CREW (CASHIER, DRIVE THRU, RUNNER) (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB21 December 2018
as a cashier, giving the best customer service is a must. it is hard to deal with customers that is going to blame me or get mad for things that I do no control like the pricing, portioning of the food, etc. nonetheless, my workplace was safe and I felt like my coworkers always have my back and would help me out anytime im having trouble dealing with problems in the store.
Good Experience for High School Students
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON6 December 2018
The overall work environment is 2.5/5 for me. Like any job, it comes with a lot of pros and cons. The pros being that if you're a hard worker, you get a ton of hours, for staff members, food was 50% off, and there was socialization outside of the workplace; like summer events and Christmas dinners. The cons were that it is run by high school students, if you are not part of the ‘clique’, then consider yourself a target. The stigma of the store was poor, due to the fact that immature people are promoted too fast. Management was very poor as there was no fear instilled in the employees which allowed them to think they could do whatever they want. Also, there were favourites, and the favourites always got the last word, even if their word was wrong. Many people have left the job solely for this reason. I recommend this job for someone who is between the ages of 16-20. If you’re older than that, and would like a career in fast food, look for something that includes more mature employees.
Pros
Lots of hours
Cons
Attitude of employees, run by high school students
company running down hill
Inventory Clerk (Former Employee) –  Victoria, BC19 November 2018
Sadly when i worked for Arby's it was under terrible management and the store was eventually shut down so i dont have much to say about the company. It's your basic fast food experience, trained in cash and prep. low end employees like myself were given duties that typicly a manager would do so it worked learning some management skills. I don't know if all Arby's are the same but there was no cleaning training or duties involved in any part of the job. Got free food on breaks and slow times.
Pros
free food, very flexible hours, laid back work
Cons
management and training program, store cleanliness
very productive place fun and life teaching
Part-time employee (Former Employee) –  St. Catharines, ON19 November 2018
i think that if the place had more employees working then the food would be made faster and that they should also put music on for people's entertainment and comfort wale eating there food.
Pros
5 minute lunch break
Cons
short hours
Fun and enjoyable environment
Food Service Attendant (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB13 November 2018
Working in a fast paced environment is tiring and fun at the same. During busy hours we need to reach the target time that we needed and also reach a desired quality of the product. Even though its busy we still have time to laugh of everyone joke to ease the busy day. We also learn to work as a team to make the work much faster. The management was also accommodating especially to our schedule.
Pros
Free lunch and fun workmates
Cons
no benefits
Never Appreciated
Lead Hand (Shift Supervisor) (Former Employee) –  Bridgewater, NS7 November 2018
Spent 10 years working here. It was the worst job I ever had. The owner wasn't very friendly and made it hard for staff to stay on. Not much appreciation for the work done. I even had a guest one time offer me her purse to hit the owner with.
benefits
Cons
Not appreciated
it's a chill place to work because of its location and the management
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Spruce Grove, AB4 November 2018
I only worked with this company for 2 weeks because I had to move here in Toronto. But in those 2 weeks I learned how to clean and maintain the cleanliness of the lobby and it was my first job so I actually get to enjoy to use their till. The management of the store was fully organized and they make sure to serve people with satisfaction
Pros
Free ride
Cons
Clean environment
productive
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ON10 October 2018
Lots of cleaning
Stocking
Decent food
Certain Staff were great to work with
Certain Managers were great to work with

Owners are a bit uptight
Don't really know what is going on and in some instances they are rude.
Lots of hours! Steady pay
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Oshawa, ON26 September 2018
Good hours, steady pay but the management is not that great. Training is thorough but again the boss is not that laid back-not the he needs to be (creates better work environment though). A great job for teens.
Pros
Steady hours
Cons
No free food
Fun workplace
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Sault Ste. Maire, Ont20 September 2018
Everyday was a good day at arby's everyone was friendly and very helpful towards other team members, and customers. Managers were nice and the pay was fair and the hours were decent for when I was attending school.
it was a fast paced job with nice coworkers and some good mangrers
Part-time employee (Former Employee) –  Orillia, ON20 August 2018
i liked the food that they served at the establishment as well as the specials they would bring in every month. It was always fun to go and eat there after work
good place to work
Customer Service Representative/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB13 August 2018
easy to work with staff and friendly environment for work. learned lots of life lessons and gained many experiences due to the customers, staff and general inquiries.
fun place to work
Back Line Food Prep (Former Employee) –  Cambridge, ON30 July 2018
was able to get along with all staff.
managers were great to work with.
did all the prep work for the day and enjoyed it. was tough some times to keep up with the volume of customers some days but it was all good.
seen a lot of return customers.
Pros
good staff
Cons
not enough hours
Talking the day away
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Prince Albert, SK24 July 2018
Whenever the day was slow we staff, would kill time and socialize while attending to our responsibilities and duties. Plus the food was great to order on your days off.
Arbys Cashier
Cashier & Drive (Former Employee) –  Sarnia, ON13 July 2018
First job and probably my favourite part time job. I love the staff and the food. The building was always well kept cared off while still joking around.
It’s a fun place
Cook/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB16 June 2018
It was a grate place to work and to get to know people from around the world. It’s best if you know more then one language since most spoke foreign languages
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB7 June 2018
Nice working environment
Fun co-workers
I enjoy working in Arby's because all employees are nice, even the owner. They offer flexible hours and employee recognition.
Fairly good workplace
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Kanata, ON5 June 2018
A typical day at work involved using the fryers, taking orders, handing out meals, and working with meals. It was enjoyable and kept you busy but was very low staffed. The coworkers felt more like family than workers. It had it's bad moments but overall was a good work experience.
Great restaurant
Front Line Worker (Former Employee) –  St. Albert, AB16 May 2018
i don't fully remember everything when i worked there seeming it was a few years back, but i do recall enjoying the job very much. For a part time job arbys was super great. I got flexible hours working there instead of just a set schedule. I could work around my school time, which was nice. The team i worked with were amazing people, we always had smiles & everyone was just as friendly as could be.
Pros
free drinks
Cons
busy day/night
fun place
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB8 May 2018
this place is a really nice place to work at but there aren't a lot of people coming in during the day so some days got really boring to work there. Overall it was a good experience

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Arby's. Our community is ready to answer.

52.4K