Arby's

Working at Arby's: Employee Reviews

Canada242 reviews

Found 242 reviews matching the searchSee all 13,059 reviews
foodsandwichrushrestaurantcleaningshiftmanagerfast

Overall a decent workplace for fast food

The work is fast paced and sometimes you can be understaffed but the managers and co workers are very sociable and fun to be around and the job isn’t too strenuous on slower days it’s very lax.

My forever job

Arby's is a fantastic employer. If you need a day off, they let you have that day off. One time, my car broke down and I had to take the GRT. I forgot I wasn't scheduled for that day, but they gave me a full day's salary anyway.I would highly recommend working at Arby's, even Arby's roast beef is 100% fresh beef.

Insights into Arby's

Areas for improvement
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Fair pay for job
  • Ability to meet personal goals

Ok place to work

Working at Arbys was an ok experience overall. At times it could be stressful and a little overwhelming depending on who was working and if we were short staffed. Hours were good enough for a part time job but the shifts were very sporadic and all over the place. It was very difficult to plan anything or schedule appointments as the schedule was usually posted very late.

pays good

paid breaks, free food for managers. very busy and stressful environment and feels like there’s not enough staff most of the time. fun place to work and easy job but very fast paced

Not great.

Loads of cliques. Employees and managers talked about us behind our backs. Insufficient training in certain areas. Low pay and not enough hours unless managers like you.

Garbage

place to work terrible pay and terrible work standards. Never gave raises and would book you less than 24 hours before a shift and wouldn't notify you that you were booked. Good discount on food

terrible.

Terrible place to work. Management does not care about you, you’ll get called in and walked all over until you feel mentally and physically exhausted. They will work you 30+ hours a week while still going to school full time just to complain when you’re tired. Also asked for time off because a family member was very sick and got told no.

Pros

nothing

Cons

Management, Coworkers, Pay, Long Hours

Fun only if you’re apart of the clique

Management has been terrible, full of drama and nobody tries to work unless it’s during a really bad rush, paid breaks and 50% off food is nice, rules are only enforced for people who aren’t apart of the main group, not a terrible place to work or start off at but not a good place to work at long term.

Pros

Paid breaks, Flexible scheduling

Cons

Terrible culture/environment, almost no chance of advancement

Not so great

This place has its ups and downs, for the most part the staff was good but the management has some less desirable qualities and it would help if they got some benefits.

Pros

Good staff

Cons

Poor management

Alright

Alright place to work. General manager seems on top of things. It is minimum wage and part time hours so you can’t live off it solely. Fun environment though.

Terrible place

Literally just the worst place to work ever. Management gives the schedule a day in advance and doesn’t listen to your availability. They also have always been short staffed and have never gotten to hire anyone new for years because they always end up quitting because of our management problems. Just sad honestly

Difficult environment to thrive in

My main issue with this company is the management and amount of needless drama and gossiping. Although one or two managers are great people, the rest are hard to work with, tend to smack talk and say awful things about employees and customers. Although the pay is good and many of the people working there are very nice, the unprofessional environment really takes away from it.

Pros

Fair sallary, flexible hours

Cons

Long hours, unprofessional environment

Fun place to work

I would start at 8 am by baking potatoes, getting the restaurant ready for the day ahead, I learned how to become an assistant manager, the hardest part of the job was standing for 8 hours, and the most enjoyable part of the job was all my great co-workers.

Terrible place to work

Management was extremely rude and was always looking over you shoulder. Not organized what so ever, no one stayed in there designated areas and things were usually very stressful during rush hour.

Pros

Discounted food

Cons

Rude and inconsiderate management

Was a fun atmosphere. Quickly changed.

I really enjoyed working at Arby's before insane accusations. I have never stolen from any one much less Arby's. I had cancer and needed a little bit to finish my treatment. I was assured my job was there when I was done. When I was ready to comeback I was advised that someone else took my position and I wasn't needed.

Pros

Half price meals

Cons

Bad management

Idk what else to say

Was good to put on my resume for work experience but overall my few months at Arby's were pretty terrible. So much interpersonal drama among employees and even managers.

Pros

Employee Discount

Cons

Inconsistent Management, Lack of Hours, Long Shifts, Lack of Covid-19 Regulation Enforcement

Very stressful and cut throat

All managers are on a different page. Nothing is consistent. A lot of playing like its party time not work time. The worst work environment I've seen.

I had fun while I worked there but I also did my job

Working there felt awkward sometimes depends who I was around,some of us just clicked better then others,they weren’t bossy they didn’t even have to ask me to do certain things unless there was no customers then they would try to find something for me to do,I like being on the go and moving,I don’t like a boring job,I really hope I can find a job I like soon

Pros

Discount

Cons

I wasn’t good enough for them

Fun workplace

good staff, simple training. workload can be fast-paced, but not too stressful with a helpful staff. convenient tasks and helpful/useful job experience!

Good workplace with good people.

This was a good place to work, and it certainly taught me a lot about working under pressure and operating a cash register. I am very thankful for the opportunity I had to work there.

Fun and learning workplace

Sometime it's busy and sometime slow. But I learn lots of things while working there. I learn management skills. I manage staff during my shift. There is nothing that I found hard while working with them.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Arby's. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.1 out of 5 stars for Job security/advancement