Arby's Employee Reviews

It’s a fun place
Cook/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Grande Prairie, AB16 June 2018
It was a grate place to work and to get to know people from around the world. It’s best if you know more then one language since most spoke foreign languages
Fairly good workplace
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Kanata, ON5 June 2018
A typical day at work involved using the fryers, taking orders, handing out meals, and working with meals. It was enjoyable and kept you busy but was very low staffed. The coworkers felt more like family than workers. It had it's bad moments but overall was a good work experience.
Great restaurant
Front Line Worker (Former Employee) –  St. Albert, AB16 May 2018
i don't fully remember everything when i worked there seeming it was a few years back, but i do recall enjoying the job very much. For a part time job arbys was super great. I got flexible hours working there instead of just a set schedule. I could work around my school time, which was nice. The team i worked with were amazing people, we always had smiles & everyone was just as friendly as could be.
Pros
free drinks
Cons
busy day/night
good job, bad management
Backline Cook (Former Employee) –  Burlington, ON14 May 2018
good job, bad management
good hours
i dont know what else to write so im going to write until i reached the 150 character minimum. im almost there though
fun place
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB8 May 2018
this place is a really nice place to work at but there aren't a lot of people coming in during the day so some days got really boring to work there. Overall it was a good experience
loved it
Crew Member, Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ON29 April 2018
worked here for my first job. it was amazing. i absolutely enjoyed working here. management was great. hours were great. can move up fast at arbys. would definitely recommend.
slow workplace
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Prince Albert, SK9 April 2018
Management is a mess.
Workplace is a mess.
workplace was hit and miss depending who your manager was that day.
a typical day was slow and dragged on
a 3 hour shift was considered normal.
Pros
nothing
Cons
hours were terrible
Poor management
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON25 March 2018
Management used to be great until new owners and my hours started getting cut down to 15 hour weeks. Also, there was no seniority. I had been there for almost 2 years and someone who had been there only for a few months was getting more hours than me.
Cons
Terrible hours
Good company, poor management
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON13 March 2018
Arby's overall seems like a good company to work for, but my personal location was very poorly managed. We constantly had equipment break that our owners would refuse to fix, and management consistently refused to hire new staff, forcing most of us to work overtime to cover the difference. I enjoyed my coworkers and formed personal friendships with many of them, but the attitude of management made it a very negative space to work in.
Pros
not extremely busy, free drinks, employee discount on meals
Cons
outside of city, long hours, poor management
Meh
Front Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB1 March 2018
It was stressful and I was treated unfair but the other foreign workers were treated better then I was and I wasn't taken seriously which really sucked
Pros
10% discount
Cons
Rude staff, racist treatment
Not the best
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Brantford, ON28 February 2018
Understaffed, underpaid often, poor management besides the store manager, stressful, rude customers, tons of problems need to be addressed and aren't. Coworkers are amazing, most of them at least, absolutely fun, chill, and happy, the only part of the job I miss.
Nice Experience
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB28 February 2018
This was my first job. They trained me and helped nurture my customer service skills. They also shaped me into the employee I am today. They also had a great outlook on customer service responsibility.
good although lazy employees
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Kelowna, BC22 February 2018
the service is great, the management team is enjoyable. they do have very lazy employees and have low expectations. the general manager barely watches what goes on in the restaurant. pleasant experience but not very respectable team members, they do not follow protocol.
Pros
free meals
Cons
services are falling apart.
Great job for students. Flexible shifts
Cashier/Cook (Current Employee) –  Windsor, ON11 February 2018
Full/Part Time employees are friendly, helpful, nice to work with. Can be stressful at real busy times, but is satisfying. Variety of shifts available
Pros
Meeting great customers, Variety of positions to work. 50% off food during shifts worked.
Cons
Some days can be very hectic and stressful when really busy. You have to be able to stay focused, and keep calm.
Great co workers terrible managment
Front Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB10 February 2018
I miss the co workers and the nice customers, but managment was terrible. When your hours get cut from about 38 to 5 a week that is the treatment I received from working there.
Pros
Co workers
Cons
Managment
wonderful place and people to work with
Supervisor/Manager (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB9 February 2018
I learned a lot about customer service and how the typical day starts at a restaurant from opening to closing. The lunch hours and supper hours were very stressful and always go go go to get customers orders made and packaged for them in less then a minute. Making our customers happy was always number 1. My co-workers and I made a great team and thrived to be successful and always helped each other out when we ourselves were not busy attending to customers.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
salary
Okay job
Front-line Staff Member (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB4 February 2018
For a first time job, it was decent. As a front liner, you get the needed experience to build your career in the future, such as dealing with customers, doing transactions, etc.
Pros
Free food
Cons
Cleaning the washrooms lol
Treated well by owner and management, encouraged to work towards management
Sales Associate/cook (Current Employee) –  London, ON4 February 2018
A good part time job. The management and Owner are very good friendly people who have honest ethical business sensibility. I have and would suggest this job to a friend
Pros
not too busy, good coworkers
Cons
some customers treat employees disrespectfully as it is in most fast food jobs
love my wonderful easy job
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Port Hope, ON25 January 2018
i love my easy job at arbys. my boss has been incredibly wonderful to me throughout my years, giving me time off for school, or even needing more hours for bills. she has always been there to help me through ANYTHING.
Pros
easy job
Cons
some of the staff are annoying
Fun workplace
Backline cook (Current Employee) –  West Kelowna, BC24 January 2018
a typical day at work includes, making food, stocking bread, and anything that needs to be stocked. Dish washing, cleaning machines, cleaning back-line/ cooking area. some floor work, and securing the store, before closing it. I learned how to clean and operate the meat machines and, learned the menu of the store.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Arby's. Our community is ready to answer.

52K