Arbour Heights Employee Reviews

Meh
Pca (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ON8 September 2019
The one nurse thinks she absolutely untouchable, she talks badly about everyone, and brags to other people about how she treats the new staff. She feels she can get away with everything and is untouchable cause she is friends with management
Pros
Cons
Management, treated poorly, short staffed, not trained properly
Be cautious
Administrative Support (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ON18 August 2019
Was taken over by Revera Living and I would not recommend this as a healthy workplace for anyone. They are undergoing growing pains. Also, their culture is very different from the original owners.

Long term care is not doing well overall, particularly in Kingston. Staff challenged daily, every shift.
Pros
If you are looking to work casual and keep looking for other work, it's a job
Cons
Very poor and toxic atmosphere at this time. Stemming from Senior Leadership, do as I say not as I do.
fine
Recreational Therapist (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ON13 May 2019
The residents are amazing. the living tapestry is a wonderful aspect of the home. The job is fun and easy, but the management is horrible. they expect you to do other jobs in other departments. they push off their own tasks onto you. and they never recognize that you're doing a good job.
Personal Care Provider (PSW)
Personal Support Worker (Current Employee) –  Kingston, ON20 July 2018
We are ALWAYS short staffed, which very quickly leads to staff burn out from constantly being over worked. It also is not fair to the residents who require various amounts of care. Management does not seem to care. We are told that if we don’t like it “there’s the door”. Staff also do not change reaidents’ briefs as much as they should and housekeeping does very minimal. It’s such a new and nice home that I don’t understand why it isn’t run properly but it’s very unfortunate.
Pros
Lots of overtime available, residents are fantastic
Cons
Poor pay, working short all the time, grumpy staff, horrible management
Almost 8 years here!
Management (Current Employee) –  Kingston, ON19 June 2018
Well, I have been here since we opened, and I will be honest in saying that I am part of the management team. I still think it is a great place to work after all these years. We only want individuals who want to be working with and caring for seniors-without them there is no Arbour Heights! I truly feel we have some of the best LTC staff around!
Pros
New home with A/C and good equipment; supportive team
Warm and inviting atmosphere.
Personal Support Worker (Part-Time) (Current Employee) –  Kingston, ON29 December 2015
Great staff, residents and vistors.
Overall a great place to work.
Pay is fair.
I did my school placement here and I have currently worked here for 4 months, and I still enjoy it.
Everyday is something new and challenging.
great staff new clean and well managed facilaty.
PERSONAL SUPPORT WORKER (Former Employee) –  Kingston, ON9 December 2015
This was excellent place to work everyone was very friendly, and you could tell that they really cared for all the residents and strived to provide excellent care.