ARBOR TRACE

ARBOR TRACE Employee Reviews

They was a good company to work for it just didn't fix my kind of work flow. Also it seem like they had they pick in choices. I liked the pay and the clients they just need to work with they workers more.
Don't quit your old job, while I was there they hired all 28 people that showed up for a job fair. They didn't need them, they let almost all go, if not all they hired go shortly after hire. I saw 2 med techs and a nurse get let go shortly after hire. Free meals are great if you have time to order or eat it. I ran from the minute I got in to the time I left. Good news (I guess) lost a lot of weight. If you decide to be lured in by the fair salary, know it may not last no matter how hard you work, it is not appreciated. Med tech's share the MAR, sign off when they should not touch my MAR..they administer meds doubling up morning and afternoon because there is no possible way to complete the number of meds in the allotted time frame of 1 hr. before and 1 hr. after. Forget waiting 5 min. between eye drops. No time to wait .... I don't work that way! and ...it's against the law. No one should ever sign for me or touch my MAR and meds should be administered within the time frame.
Management are bullies and take full advantage of their staff!!! HORRIBLE work experience !! You have more of a work load then you deserve! One aide per hall!
Tenants are well taken care of. Pay is decent. I worked there back in 2017 and I would again but not as a tech. Small property. Pool was maintained by maintenance.
I love to interact with the patients. I t seems that all EFCs have issues with staffing turnovers. A days work includes medication pass, wound care, assistance with ADLs, and charting on all of the above.
Pros
patient interaction
Cons
staffing turnover
Daily morning meetings to review the day prior, new admissions, chart audits, incidents from previous day. Physician orders. Labs. Initiating, and updating care plans. Rounding with Physicians.
Pros
Home-like atmosphere.
Cons
Very fast paced.
Working at Arbor Trace has taught me alot. The management team is great. The setting feels like family with the team. But there is amnissue with not having enough nursing staff and you work a lot of hours and are asked on a regular basis to work everyday.
Pros
Great co-workers
Cons
Hard to get a break, work constantly, benefits aren't great
They expect you to work all the time and they change policies to suit them when needed. Working short a lot. Mandatory OT. Not Professional at times. Management is not fair, they have their picks. Always busy and fast pace. Always asking you to work on your days off. Nurse to Pt. ratio was too much at times. Low pay for the work. Frequent in-services and counting against you if you don't show as an absence of a third of a point. Like working with a lot of the coworkers. I really enjoyed taking care of the Resident's there but the work load was so heavy that I feel that you could not give them the time that they deserve. Nurse/CNA turn over is poor. Not a place that seems to keep employees.
Pros
weekly pay. nice facility
Cons
changing policies to suit mangement needs. Nurse/Pt. ratio
It is a clean place to work, but the politics are insane. If you aren't in their little klick they will do whatever it takes to get rid of you. They will overlook someone using a hoyer wrong and hurting a resident but don't have time to do bed checks because you are cleaning up a sick resident and you ask for help and don't get it you get read the riot act. Not a good place to work.
Pros
Schedule
Cons
They have may different aspects of patient care and has one of the best therapy departments around. There is a lot of nepotism, drama, and separation of staff caused by management. The training is awful and management does not address issues if you are part of their click. Some management has family working there that is on drugs and it gets overlooked and reporting it gets you on their get rid of list.
Pros
nice clean building
Cons
care is something to be desired and so is management
Typical day consist of attending meeting that are scheduled for the day, completing assessments, meeting new patients, scheduling meetings with families, writing & reviewing care plans, writing discharge plans, meeting with the Physician to have orders signed, handling issues or concerns when they arise, assisting the staff when needed, train staff and meeting with team members to discuss safety of patients and how to meet the patients level of care. I love helping others either by being able to get them home with services after a rehab stay or assisting the families in finding long term care for there loved one. I have learned to be flexible and to manage my time based on the greatest need at hand. I enjoy working with others to get the job effectively
Pros
Helping others
Cons
No breaks at times and working long hours
the DON was a straight up liar. She created drama amongst her employees and never backed anything she said
I didnt enjoy working there. Plenty of state violations are being done at that facility
Pros
residents
Cons
unclean, poor workers
  1. Employee reviews