Aramark Employee Reviews

Not great management
Temp employeeServer (Former Employee) –  calgary7 December 2017
Management did not meet staff's needs. Many staff members (temp) left upset and they were disorganized and unprofessional with the team.

The staff was not appreciated or respected. The functions were straightforward but the way the staff was given a task or corrected was unprofessional. The work was consistent but the breaks and general set up of functions was disorganized. They also wasted a lot of food. It was a disappointing place to be employed.
Pros
Temp work
workplace culture
Porter & Receiver (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON3 December 2017
co-workers were easy to get along. Once you know your daily routine, it's easy to get thru the day. Just some lifting of heavy items to stock up and documentations.
Pros
yes, free lunch.
Cons
so much dishes to do.
Very good company
Cook (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC30 November 2017
This company I am working as cook, in university hostal,,,,,I make food for informational students, all worker working like a teem. Only one problem vacation Tim thay give him unemployment papers,l
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
work is great but pay isnt enough.
Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON26 November 2017
the work and stress amount is not worth the little money. It is literally not enough to live on your own. The supervisors/ Managers have no idea what they are doing.
Pros
easy work
Cons
not enough pay
Terrible environment. Hostile employees .
Cook (Current Employee) –  Peterborough, ON25 November 2017
Just awful. Overworked, underpaid, no training, angry staff, mismanaged, filthy kitchen, long periods between breaks, not disability friendly, questioned about bathroom breaks. There is nothing good to say about aramark.
Pros
$2 meals
Cons
Aramark
Experience
Team Leader - Manager (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON23 November 2017
Very busy environment, manage the cafeteria with only 1 employee, multiple duties but alway's manage to accomplish them, great people to see every day.
Pros
good hours
Overnight Food Service Worker
Overnight Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Alliston, ON22 November 2017
A lot of work, Time management a must. Lots of repetitive movement. Not enough staff to accommodate the need of production in the establishment. Management needs work.
Pros
$2 meal plan
Cons
Overnight shift
fun place to be
Cashier (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON22 November 2017
it's been one of the easiest jobs and fun jobs I've had. a great place for young people. a lot of hours. a week full of hours the next week you get off.
Pros
easy money
Cons
some managers are rude
Great staff despite horrible management
Chef (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON14 November 2017
My employment as an Aramark Chef at the York university campus was pleasant for the most part. I spent just over 1 year in this position, in that time the management staff seemed to be completely oblivious of the staff members needs or concerns.

Despite multiple attempts to report issues within the work place ranging from verbal abuse,unfair treatment and physical harassment nothing was done which ultimately lead to my decision to resign.

In conclusion,i feel that this was an unfortunate circumstance of poor management at this location and i can only hope that this is not a reflection of the culture at Aramark in general.
Pros
Friendly Co-workers
Cons
Poor management
Great Place to work
PREP COOK (Former Employee) –  Minden, ON14 November 2017
This was my first ever job and I learned a lot. My boss although he was hard on me was a great boss to work for, I would definitely recommend anyone looking for a job to apply here,
Pros
Free Meals
Cons
Long Hours
Organization that is evolving at a very fast pace.
NATIONAL PROCUREMENT MANAGER (Current Employee) –  Etobicoke Ontario6 November 2017
This organization is evolving at a very fast pace and some of the changes within the organization are challenging to say the least. Some of the choices being made are interesting but many of the choices being made do not blend with my personal goals at this point in my career.
Faced Paced,
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON2 November 2017
Fast Paced at Ottawa Senators Games. Being polite and professional were keys to my success. Enjoyed management customers and atmosphere of the fans.
Good people, Bad Company
Student Worker/Manager (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC25 October 2017
My coworkers were amazing at this job, however the upper level management and HR expected inconceivable levels of commitment and service from underpaid workers.
Great opportunities ahead of you
BARISTA (Former Employee) –  Scarborough, ON25 October 2017
Company is well organized. working as barista located in school was very busy, I had the chance to meet different personalities everyday and I had the opportunities to serve them the best coffee experienced. The hardest moment is everything I am exposed with chemicals because it did make my hands allergic to chemicals. But totally I enjoy my stay in this company.
Pros
Free drinks everyday
Cons
Mandatory lunch deducted they provide meal card every week.
Good work environment
Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS19 October 2017
I really glad to join Aramark's work team. They have a very professional management team and very nice to help their employees' to improve their work skills.
Pros
free meals
Cons
low income
Productive place
Accountant (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON18 October 2017
Good management, pleasant work place, opportunity work from home, flexible hours, Learn about contraction business and how to pursuit accounting in this industry.
Pros
free lunch
Physical labour, staff fun and likes to laugh.
Cashier, Short Order Cook, Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Waterville, NS17 October 2017
Get to know your customers eating habits, customers friendly and cheerful and appreciate employees willingness to take care of customers dietary needs.
Pros
Fun and fullfilling
Cons
Work Load
a job you want to return to
MAIN COOK/CASHIER (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB16 October 2017
Over my working career I have gone back to work for Aramark three different times. All three times have been great experiences. A fun place to work.
Very Productive in providing Food Services at MUN
Associate Manager (Former Employee) –  St. John's, NL11 October 2017
A great place to work, in providing Food Services at MUN. Learned many aspects of institutional Food Services. Excellent Leadership. Most enjoyable part is meeting and interacting with students at MUN, who will become our future leaders.
Pros
Summers Off
Cons
No Issues
Opportunity to meet students from various courses
Team Member (On-Campus) (Current Employee) –  Kamloops, BC10 October 2017
Good place to work on campus. Opportunity to meet students from various courses. Helps in networking. Working with people from various countries helps to know each other better
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Too busy location

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Aramark. Our community is ready to answer.

53.4K