Aramark Employee Reviews

good working environment
Kitchen Staff (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON26 February 2018
i ve been working in aramark for almost 6 months now and all i could say it that my job as a cafeteria staff isnt that hard. the people i work with are very helpful and the job itself is pretty straightforward. the only downside working in aramark is that you dont get enough schedule when there is not school. (cus i work in cafeteria in seneca)
Pros
good working environment
Cons
short hours
Its Great
Cook (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON26 February 2018
It may be crazy at times, but its schedules are flexible, the staffs are incredible, and its enjoyable to show up at work. It is also a team effort to finish tasks at work, no one slacks off because everyone is given a task at the beginning of work. The best part is that they reward you if you work hard at the job.
Pros
friendly, work oriented, no long hours
Cons
Not easy
Liked it
Building Maintenance (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON26 February 2018
As a teenager this was my first job, I travelled from Gatineau on my bike to go to work in Ottawa. Today, I'd go back there anytime. But this time by car
Fun place
Catering Assistant (Current Employee) –  Halifax, NS17 February 2018
Its cool people are friendly and help full , always lend a hand and show you what has to be done where and how. Gets stressful some times other times its alright
Site was small so management had more time to interact wit employees
Administrative Assistant/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB16 February 2018
Responsible for all financial reports and met the deadlines for all reporting to our head office in Toronto and to management. I was also responsible to do employee training in WHMIS, OHS, Food Safe and general orientation. I enjoyed my time at Aramark. With doing the training it gave me one on one contact with the new employee which relaxed the new hire snd gave us a more positive result.
Pros
New hires receive a free meal and DNA ks with orientation
Cons
Very nice people working with
General Helper (weekend part time) (Current Employee) –  Salvation Army at 135 Sherbourne St. Toronto,Ont.16 February 2018
My Manager is the Best I’ve only worked there since
August last year to present during the weekend and he always give my hours with respect.
My location where I worked for Aramark is
At Salvation Army
135 Sherbourne St.
Toronto, Ont.
Pros
Cons
Very competitive and they pay us what we supposed to get including overtime pay.
It’s a job
General Labourer (Current Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON15 February 2018
The particular location I have experience at is not great. The management does not support the workers. They do not set the team up for success. They do not repair equipment in a timely manner. In order to have a successful team it has to come from the top of the food chain. If they don’t care you don’t care.
If you are a skilled cook with lots of experience and love the job, look somewhere else your skills will not be appreciated or utilized
1st Cook (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ON15 February 2018
It is not a bad place to work if you are a cook looking to retire somewhere or want somewhere that can offer day time hours (rare in this industry) If you are someone who has very little or no experience in a professional kitchen but enjoy cooking at home go for it you will probably love it! However if you are a cook with a lot of previous experience and love the job and all that goes with it. This is not for you. You will not be adequately compensated for your experience or knowledge and will get paid just the same as someone with little to no experience....sad but true. The medical benefits are expensive and offer average coverage at best. You have to pay into a meal program in order to eat on your break at work, which is fine but in my case I turned it down and brought my own lunch until I noticed it was being taken off my pay anyway.
Pros
lots of positions have day-time hours
Cons
pay does not reflect experience, must pay into a program to eat at work, Benefits not worth the cost
Many potential job positions
Server (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB14 February 2018
With Rogers Place being such a large venue, there are several positions available for placement. Some management personnel have been placed in a position which supersedes their ability and skill level.
Poor Managment
Executive Chef (Former Employee) –  Detour Lake, ON10 February 2018
I found they treated me good.
But the part that crossed the line was when I saw how the management would treat my workers like a number. I did not like watching it.
The camp thing for Aramark is new so I see why they where terrible at managing
Pros
Learning new safety policies
Cons
treated like a number
Dealing with Management was terrible
Starbucks Barista (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB7 February 2018
Aside from that, the language barrier was ridiculous what with me being the only person speaking English as a first language. Lack of sympathy for genuine, and doctor verified sickness.
Pros
Free food
Cons
Poor communication
fun place with all the students
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Greater Sudbury, ON6 February 2018
i only worked weekends, but it was a fun place to work. I always got along with the students coming in to eat. Aramark would doxk your pay 2 dollars every shift but for that we got full accesses to the buffet.
Go Go Work Place
Food Handler (Current Employee) –  Niagara Falls, ON1 February 2018
Typical day at work: constant food and beverage service for regular customers
Learned: How to properly serve all types of customers
Hardest Part: Dealing with improperly trained coworkers
Typical corporate food service environment
Executive Chef (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON31 January 2018
Working with Aramark as a chef for 5+ years, it's pretty scheduled but depending on which type of unit you are in the hours can change week to week. I would work with Aramark again but not at a unit level
Poor poor management!!!
Cleaner (Current Employee) –  Joffre29 January 2018
The girls I work with are simply amazing. The management is horrible. They will not listen to their staff about issues, the management threatens to fire you if you don’t do them dirty little favours. If you book a holiday chances are you will get marked as absent for the whole time you are away.
Pros
Good wages good hours
unsafe workplace
Steward (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB28 January 2018
no free lunches rarely breaks if ever unsafe working conditions such as wet floors no free meals or much opportunitys for advancement not much schedule structure doing jobs with lack of supplies
Cons
long hours low wages
You are suppose to enjoy comming to work in that place very stressful
Housekeeping Attendant (Former Employee) –  Parry Sound, ON26 January 2018
I have worked close to that enviroment in Parry Sound its not good an you couldnt pay me enough to work there. There are a number of employes who work there really have nothing good to say bottom line it is a poison enviroment
Cons
Great day to to day job that give the ability to manage life around work
Cook (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON23 January 2018
Every location offers different services for their respective client. The environment with the staff, managers and customers is quiet and kind. It offers benefits, guarantees hours and a safe, clean place of employment.
Full of experience; friendly staff
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Thunder Bay, ON22 January 2018
Because they have so many options for places to work, you can acquire a wide range of skills, from making pizzas, to catering a wedding. This is another place that the employees all have a very friendly, close relationship.
Fun place to work
Concessions (Former Employee) –  Rogers Center, ON21 January 2018
The management really had your interest trying to balance your work life and personal life and always giving you motivation to become a the best you. Always being positive even though something could go wrong.
Pros
Everyone is up beat
Cons
It was seasonal

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Aramark. Our community is ready to answer.

53.3K