Aramark logo

Clear
3.2Pay & benefits

Found 68 reviews matching the searchSee all 18,226 reviews

They are very productive

They need better management and consideration on workers who actually work and give them respect unlike other workers who dont do anything but get all the recognition the actual person who worked really did

Pros

Free lunch and very convenient when u need a day

Cons

1 break out of a 12 to 14 hour shift no recognition on ur work

Benefits

Aramark itself is a decent company. The management team is very unprofessional. If you are not part of their social classifications you will literally not get anywhere.

Benefits

Cons

Poor management

Easy

I work for Aramark in a prison setting. It is easy all I do is supervise inmates who do all the work. The only draw back is you are not able to leave the prison during your shift.

Pros

Free meals

Cons

not able to leave the facility for 8 hours.

Aramark Jail

Most coworkers were greatManager wanted to sleep with half the inmates (three different managers throughout three year period and two of them got caught in relationship w/ inmatesNever had the right food ordered to make mealsUnorganized16 cent raise in three years (I trained all new employees and did office work for manager w/o raise)

Not ideal

When I worked with Aramark, I felt like I had way more responsibility than I was compensated for. The hours weren't bad. I wound up leaving and getting into a different field of work that paid better.

Pros

Free lunch

Cons

Short breaks, unfair compensation

Work horse

Company was not prepared nor equip with proper management. Pay was low and upper management did not do their jobs. Expectations were overboard for there to never be enough product

Pros

Free meals

Cons

Low pay

Decent place to work

When I first got hired, it was one of the best experience ever. Until I couldn't get a single day off due to lack of employees and staff not available. Otherwise it was a learning experience keeping up with breakfast lunch and dinner menu at an correctional facility.

Pros

Weekly Paid

Cons

No days off and sometimes once in awhile

Management and their lack of observation

This particular location doesn’t believe in training and promoting within. The management communication is horrible. The employees are always left in the dark. Set up for failure with eac station worked. Management doesn’t check behind staff. No attention to detail employees giving diabetic patients regular food. Drama always within the kitchen. Management don’t stick up for employees. Hr will not give the update to benefits in a timely manner. Horrible pay and quick to Discipline,don’t reward employees.

Pros

Security of a job

employees not appreciated

I have been with the company almost five years andover the work is easy enough but the company as a whole plays favorites. Management gets better benefits, bonuses and even opportunities to show off their talents. Most of the management is caught up in paperwork that they don't have time to manage anyone. Employees are run into the ground and are expected to be happy with one day a year where they are noticed for it.

Pros

hours and holidays

Cons

poor management, lack of incentive

very good people to work with

my co workers assist with whatever needs to be done reliable and down to earth employees. every step of the way they're there! good benefits fair schedule

Jobs at Aramark

Lead Cook positions
See more jobs

Great company

Good company to advance,meet new people and it allows me to share what ive learned over the years with employees that may not have alot of cooking experience.i really enjoy working with people.

Benefits

Cons

Layoffs

Joy feeding the students

Feeding students, is a joy, but I was unsatisfied with low pay, and I was denied a supervisor position. I liked being paid unemployment during winter break, and during summer break, my supervisor and manager were great to work with,

Horrible Management

Only benefits if you are friend with the manager. Not opportunity to transfer, do over time, bad benefits. I liked to work at a correctional facility, feel safe, I liked the job a lot, my only problem was the manager. I would like to work doing the same, but not with same manager.

Works with public school calendar

Gerat place if you love children,off when kids are off only part time. Dose not have any advancement to go anywhere. Not alot of flexibility in time off other than holidays when it the most expensive time to travel

food service

food service is a demanding job. I have been lucky with Aramark. I have been given opportunites that have given me much satisfaction in my owkr career

Lead cook

I was employed with aramark for a year, I learned that aramark doesnt take care of their employees... benefits were good but pay was low for work I've done/did, I made my 40 a week but for the stuff I was doing could've been more pay... rotating weekands & holidays off were great.. my schedule was very flexible but pay wasnt great....

Worst Experience Ever

My experience may not be like others but I truly wished I did some research on this company before I started. There are no real benefits and no real room for growth. The structure of the management is flawed, their main concern is on sales and customer satisfaction when it comes to food but not when it comes to the proper treatment that customers should be warranted.

Not a great place to work

Management is over critical and not willing to help or advise on how to correct problems. Money/food cost are the only priorities. You will NEVER get a cost of living raise. (Or any other raise) Management gets bonuses, based on how little the staff is paid. More and more tasks will be added to your job, and no job description will be given to refer to.

Nope

Not worth it. They do not care about their customers or employees. It's all about profit. No advancement or fair pay. And when they lose an account you are not guaranteed a job

Workplace

You can move up fast. I enjoy working with the customer. The manager was good they was very understandable they will work with you. They let you get your hours plus more.

It's not a good company to work for

The managers and the gm are racist. And all the employees are unfairly paid. New and inexperienced workers are paid more than workers who have been working there already. Especially workers whom been working over 20 years. They only give a 2 cent raise every year. And you can have vacation time, but the managers would not let you take a vacation

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Aramark. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

5K