Aramark Employee Reviews for Housekeeper

Poor management, over worked & underpaid.
Housekeeper (Current Employee) –  Cochrane, ON11 October 2018
Was told by the other housekeepers "don't be too good at your job". They take advantage of the good workers, placing heavier workloads on workers that are able to complete the workload within the giving time frame. Not worth the mental abuse placed by higher ups. Lots of favouritism. 2-1 schedule makes it hard for home life. Not worth it.
Pros
Free accommodation
Cons
Favouritism, no time for home life, over worked & under paid, mentally and physically exhausting
Excellent Environment
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Hamilton, ON26 March 2018
Working at Aramark gave me valuable skills in understand that feeling comfortable in a hospital environment. I learned a great deal about nursing from working alongside them.
You are suppose to enjoy comming to work in that place very stressful
Housekeeping Attendant (Former Employee) –  Parry Sound, ON26 January 2018
I have worked close to that enviroment in Parry Sound its not good an you couldnt pay me enough to work there. There are a number of employes who work there really have nothing good to say bottom line it is a poison enviroment
Cons
work is great but pay isnt enough.
Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  Hamilton, ON26 November 2017
the work and stress amount is not worth the little money. It is literally not enough to live on your own. The supervisors/ Managers have no idea what they are doing.
Pros
easy work
Cons
not enough pay
Terrible place to work.
Housekeeping Staff (Current Employee) –  Alberta9 October 2017
Horrible pace to work. They only pay minimum and reluctantly increase when minimum wage goes up, yet expect maximum amount of work. Management acts like babysitters always micromanaging and getting angry or writing you up if they feel you're not working hard/fast enough. Will put the work of two-three people on your shoulders before lifting a finger to help you themselves. Employs tons of foreigners who barely speak English because they're easily taken advantage of.
Cons
Management sucks, minimum wage, maximum work expected, no bonuses or perks.
Positive work enviroment
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Conklin, AB16 August 2017
Good and supportive staff.
Great place to work.
Competive wages.
Good medical and dental benifits.
Good work and life balance.
Good clients to work for
Working in a remote camp
Housekeeper / Commissary / Accommodation (Current Employee) –  Cochrane, ON18 January 2017
Work days are great we do our own thing as we are such a small group we all get along. Work great as a team and alone.

I have been in this position over 3 years and it is a new experience everyday learning different things.

Management is rarely around for us...

Most enjoyable is the people who make this job better. Everyone is so friendly and kind.
Pros
Free Accommodations, Free Lunches
Cons
Rotations
not very much to do but stay in room
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  osprey, churchill road4 January 2017
i thought the company had management, also didn't like the way the schedule employees. didn't really like anything about them because i didn't find them fit to work with
Cons
10 hours
fun workplace
Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  Fort McMurray, AB6 September 2016
i had the best co-workers it was like family, we all cared for one another best camp ever..
management was the best very understanding and caring
my maneger Cherley was a mom to all of us..
Pros
free lunch
Cons
Fun and enjoyable experience working in a hospital setting of a workplace
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC15 July 2016
I truly enjoyed working with Aramark specially at St. Paul's Hospital. Working with people of diverse background, meeting people, patients, staff of the hospitals, nurses, doctors and co-workers 5 days a week was an unforgettable experience.
Pros
Benefits are good and working with different people at the workplace was enjoyable
Cons
Working with people of different language sometimes the source of misunderstanding at the workplace
Good work culture and experience
House Keeping (Former Employee) –  Richmond, BC23 February 2016
Good company to work for, provides good benefits for employees and good atmosphere in the work environment. management team is well balanced and firm on decision making. co workers are always great, making the work environment fun and great learning experience.
Fun and sometime very hard
House keeping (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON5 November 2015
co-workers are very good,helpful but i am not satisfied with the management, minimum salaries are not enough for the job what we are doing right now.Other than salaries,everything is very good.
Awesome Job
House-keeping Attendant (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB25 August 2015
I had the best experience there as my first job and I will cherish my memories there forever! Most people don't enjoy their time working at McDonald's but i had a blast everyday there and everyone was treated like family.
Pros
Great team!
Cons
Low pay
Enjoyed working with the public.
Housekeeping cleanerLion's Gate Hospital (Former Employee) –  North Vancouver, BC26 June 2015
Enjoyed working with the public even though they were sick (Hospital setting) Tried to bring a good balance of humour and compassion to my job.
Pros
Medical benefits
Cons
Long term job security.
Interesting
Housekeeper for the G8 (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ON12 May 2015
Was placed on the night shift to clean trailers for the workers and security for the G8 2010 in Huntsville, ON.
Learned that some people in the security team were dirty nasty people, but the management of Aramark took it up with securities management right away, and quick action resulted.
Learning to sleep through the day was hard to adjust but enjoyed the evening cruises with the golf carts.
Pros
Free food, free boarding, free trasportation
Cons
promises not always met
full time job not much in pay
Housekeeping/Facilities (Current Employee) –  corunna ont6 October 2014
it is full time could be more money in pay boss are not the best and no communication throw management would not recommend working there and no room for advancement
Pros
pay lunch
Cons
minmum wage
Safe and Friendly Environment at Work
Housekeeping (Current Employee) –  New Westminster, BC2 October 2014
As a housekeeper at Aramark I've learned so many things. I've learned to handle patients in a kindly manner. I also watched health assistants with their patients and with I've learned how they deal with their patients. I've also learned that even though you are in the hospital with different supplies of medication it is still easy to catch viruses and diseases. I've learned to protect my self from those viruses and diseases.

I feel like my managers and supervisors have helped a lot with work especially that this place has a safe and friendly environment workplace. In terms of co-workers we help each other and we communicate if there are still job that is still needed to be done. If there is any case of misunderstanding or conflict with co-workers I always honestly explain what happen and make sure that when handling conflicts that I am always calm and tone your voice.

The hardest part of the job is carry heavy weight but I manage to handle it with good strategy and I make sure that when carrying heavy load that my position is always safe. I enjoy learning new things in my job and that everyday I enhance myself with safety and making sure that the area is clean as it should be.
Pros
health benefits
Cons
long hours of work
Interested
Camp Attendant/Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, Alberta27 August 2014
I have been with the company for 3 years and i liked to work with them
Interesting Place to work
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Inuvik, NT21 August 2014
cleaned patients rooms, hallways , terminally cleaning a room , easy to talk to , working in the senior ward listening to them , how to clean and terminally clean a room and do laundry
Pros
free meals
Cons
repeticious
the company is good
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  edmonton.alberta22 July 2014
it was like a family working with my co workers, management was very good learned how to work with different cultures,we get up early with a meeting then handded our job delails,u work by yourself
Pros
free food and accomidation
Cons
their really isnt

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Aramark. Our community is ready to answer.

53.7K