Aramark

Aramark Employee Reviews for Grill Cook

Grill Cook10 reviews
Canada10 reviews
It was fun working with co-workers. Everyone was helpful and of great help. From training to handling the shop all alone is all fun. Thank you for all the great time.
Loved working there everybody was amazing and helped me get situated there and really showed me the ropes which i got the hang of everything pretty quickly. I originally got hired as a dishwasher but they had me mostly in the serving area helping out and being able to interact with customers and help out upfront on the registers i had a great time there they also had very good food and you got a free lunch it was great.
The building I work in is very busy. Other staff is very friendly and helpful. Good company to work for if you are able to work as a team player. Very flexible and will work around appointments.
it was stressful but theres lots of help and support from co workers and management. i dont know what else to write so this is just filler. thanks for your time.
Work you to your bones & doesn’t care about employees & their families terrible pay no benifits management gets everything all the bells & whistles
Aramark is a good entry level job, easy hiring, management is accommodating, but times in schedules may change, there are little to no safety checkups for kitchens. Good work for people who may want a good part time job to keep busy, no full time positions available unfortunately.
Pros
Fun people, free drinks/food
Cons
Long hours, Times may change often, no safety checkups, Long drive if you're not from the area.
The only thing good about this job is the staff, often the employees are able to work well despite poor conditions, bad hours, poor management and Horrible pay
A typical day at work consisted of prepping food in the morning then cooking and serving customers throughout the day, with regular clean up then cleaning and sanitizing my work area at the end of the day. I learned more about the people that I served more than the actual work place, because of my previous experience in the food industry. I enjoyed everyone that I worked with. I was mostly on my own through out the day because I was the only grill cook and I had my own station. The hardest part of my day would have been the lunch rush because I was constantly on the go, although I wouldn't really consider it hard. The most enjoyable part of the job was meeting new people and learning about their cultures. Because it was a collage I meet a lot of new people from different backgrounds and different stories.
Pros
half off lunches
Cons
by the end of the year i started to lose hours because we were closed for summer
Great work place. Great co workers. Busy place and gained a lo of experience and meet good co workers.
Pros
Great and friendly environment
Cons
Expensive parking.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Aramark?
only thing I do not like is the fact that it closes 2 times a year for a max of 5 months