Aramark

Clear
3.2Pay & benefits

Found 10 reviews matching the searchSee all 18,331 reviews

Aramark

-good place to work -generally nice to their employees -got some free food -nice job to have while in school -great cookies -not enough vegetarian options

"Potential to be good employer but dropped the ball!!"

I worked at Aramark full-time for more almost 4 years! Pros: Half decent benefits, good meals. Cons: Poor pay barely over minimum wage, they overwork you, new employees promoted with no previous experience in the line of work, they don't follow rtw plans, deny lunch breaks, rush you, they make you do tedious tasks that do not actually help revenue and slow production rates right down. Café is disorganised. An extremely high employee turnover rate. Absolutely No Consideration towards anyone with mental illnesses or anyone who is Trans. Advice to Management: ------------------------------- Don't sexually harass your employees, pay what people are worth, don't bully your employees, Don't play favourites with your employees. Support and uplift your employees don't beat them down until they have nothing left.

Unless you are desperate, save yourself and apply somewhere else

Used to be an ok place but has went severely downhill the past few years, not only are some employees forced to work through their lunch breaks they will not pay you for the time you worked through unless you harrass them about it. Some staff do not care enough about the quality of food (at least in the south village dining hall, weekends especially) there has been bugs in food, raw chicken served to customers, undercooked food, food swimming in grease and oil and food not held at safe temperatures. Management used to be ok but most have quit as they are overworked and forced to work upwards of 14 hours a day and will even keep some employees for upwards of 12 hours a day instead of bringing in other staff to help. The place is severely disorganized and they keep employees who are lazy, rude and/or serve food that is dangerous to eat. Some of the decent employees are overworked and sometimes are forced to work upwards of 2-3 different jobs at once. It is a very stressfull and negative enviorment, most complaints you have even if serious are tossed out the window as managers are already taking on alot. To top it off it's based off a seniority system so if you just got hired good luck getting many shifts for the summer as you get laid off for nearly 6 months of the year and only the highest seniority gets the shifts (unless it's very busy in summer will call you in for the odd weekend event)

Pros

Dont need to bring a lunch, SOME great staff, raise after 3 years

Cons

Horrible and negative work enviorment, overworked, forced to do multiple jobs, forced to work through lunches and breaks, $650 yearly parking fee

good company to work for part time

It is overall easy going place to work, there were several problems with the management, such as not paying all the hours worked and not properly training new employees

Pros

free lunch, good co-workers, nice management staff

Cons

bad payroll system, not enough training for new staff

First hand experience of employee abuse

Uncaring management. Miserable day-to-day atmosphere. Buck passing, and behind-covering. All those old ladies being being driven like galley slaves. "Elder abuse" is what they themselves called working there. Made to do dangerous heavy lifting, and endure hot, smoky conditions due to exhaust systems not functioning. Favouritism and bullying, gossiping and back stabbing abound. No benefits, wage is low, unable to survive while working this job. Will never forget all the egg yolk on the "clean" plates. I thought it would be great to work at the university but was sadly mistaken.

Pros

High ceiling in dining hall

Cons

Misery

Fun place to work

Good management with flexible timing, very good environment to work. Everyone is friendly and willing to help others. I have learned how to improve my leadership skills and to solve problems very easily.

Pros

Flexible with hours

Cons

Too much pressure

My co-workers are helping each other out, and the residents are so friendly towards us and the management is helping us to be a good workers.

Pros

Free food, and allowingbreaks

Cons

long work hours

work

The work is good and just fair for the first couple months, not to mention I like my salary, but they stop giving me schedule .

Pros

Lunches, and big wages

Cons

I can't get any schedule anymore

Enjoy working

I am applying for this position and am willing to start immediately. I am a good worker and very reliable. I have had several occupations and have gained a variety of skills relevant to the position I am applying for. I am personable and a team player who works well with others. I believe I would be an asset to your organization.

Pros

free lunches

OK place to work

There is no room for advancement.Managment was poor and unorganized

Pros

free food

Cons

everything else

Jobs at Aramark