Aramark Employee Reviews for Food Service Worker

Poorly managed and absolutely no job security or advancement.
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Lethbridge, AB9 May 2018
I worked there 3 years, seasonal. Had the worst management and supervisors. It had mass layoffs every season, which brings on the struggle to find new jobs and not being able to get approved for Employment Insurance, as not many people could get a full time job there, because the company was VERY greedy. I lost 3 years of my health and life there, would not recommend.
Cons
poor management, greedy company, very stressful
good company to work for part time
Food Service Worker (Current Employee) –  Halifax, NS7 January 2018
It is overall easy going place to work, there were several problems with the management, such as not paying all the hours worked and not properly training new employees
Pros
free lunch, good co-workers, nice management staff
Cons
bad payroll system, not enough training for new staff
Overnight Food Service Worker
Overnight Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Alliston, ON22 November 2017
A lot of work, Time management a must. Lots of repetitive movement. Not enough staff to accommodate the need of production in the establishment. Management needs work.
Pros
$2 meal plan
Cons
Overnight shift
First hand experience of employee abuse
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Wilfred Laurier University2 September 2017
Uncaring management. Miserable day-to-day atmosphere. Buck passing, and behind-covering. All those old ladies being being driven like galley slaves. "Elder abuse" is what they themselves called working there. Made to do dangerous heavy lifting, and endure hot, smoky conditions due to exhaust systems not functioning. Favouritism and bullying, gossiping and back stabbing abound. No benefits, wage is low, unable to survive while working this job. Will never forget all the egg yolk on the "clean" plates. I thought it would be great to work at the university but was sadly mistaken.
Pros
High ceiling in dining hall
Cons
Misery
Most unsupportive work environment I have ever worked in
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, ON12 July 2017
This is the most unorganized place I have ever worked at. Wrongly assumed working for a university would be a positive atmosphere. I worked at the terrace food court and when the lead manager went on mat leave her replacement created a hostile work environment through bullying and blatant favouritism. Laurier university should be ashamed for handing their food services over to this awful company. Will not be returning to work here in September.
Pros
Cons
Constant shift reductions
Fun dynamic work environment
Food stand server (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC4 May 2017
I either started at 9am or 1pm, depends on the baseball game. Day involved keeping stand orderly, making sure customers had everything they needed, running odd jobs, cleaning, working as a cashier, running food. Management was great, a huge part of the workplace culture. The people working at the stadium range from mostly 14-30, so a fun group of people. Hardest part of the job was when people didn't make it to work and the stadium was understaffed. Best part of the job is half off all stadium food and your coworkers.
Pros
1/2 food
Cons
inconsistent hours
Fun place to work
Food service worker (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS1 March 2017
Good management with flexible timing, very good environment to work. Everyone is friendly and willing to help others. I have learned how to improve my leadership skills and to solve problems very easily.
Pros
Flexible with hours
Cons
Too much pressure
Great place
Food Service Worker (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON23 November 2016
Pros: Great work experience for students enrolled in school. Energetic environment and great place to work. Individuals who like sports and who are fans of the Toronto Bluejays will like the environment.
productivity and fun at workplace
Food Server (Current Employee) –  Calgary, AB7 September 2015
this is my first job and i enjoyed working. Moreover i learnt some skills. moreover it helped me with everything like in money purposes.co-workers are very helpful
Food Server (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB23 July 2015
My co-workers are helping each other out, and the residents are so friendly towards us and the management is helping us to be a good workers.
Pros
Free food, and allowingbreaks
Cons
long work hours
work
Food Server (Current Employee) –  Edmonton, AB24 May 2015
The work is good and just fair for the first couple months, not to mention I like my salary, but they stop giving me schedule .
Pros
Lunches, and big wages
Cons
I can't get any schedule anymore
Nice place to work for if you are looking for a part-time employment
Food service worker (Current Employee) –  Halifax1 April 2015
As a food service worker I am responsible to contribute to daily operations of the dining hall. Very nice people, extremely helpful. Very good line manager
Cashier and Food Server
Cashier and Food Server, York University (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON12 March 2015
Working in the food industry can be very fast paced and stressful. Proper training allows for confident employees and a healthy work environment with little-to-no conflict.
Fun and Exciting
Food Service Worker (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON17 August 2014
I really enjoy working here, It is always fun. Although the work is the same from day to day, I'm always meeting new people who make the day more exciting. Management is great and have always worked well with my schedule. My co-workers are great and very easy to get along with. The hardest part of my job is washing the dishes as there are so many and it needs to be done so quickly.
Pros
Free food, Mostly work evenings therefore free days
Cons
Late nights
Working with Aramark Canda has been the best job I have ever had.
Food Service Worker Hostess (Current Employee) –  New Glasgow, NS6 October 2013
very busy each and every day, no time for standing around there is always something to do. I have learned that no matter where you work there are things over looked and bully's that make you feel bad almost every day. The management doesn't always know what is happening and if they do they don't always do anything to stop it. My co-workers think they know more than you and are always acting like a boss rather than a co-worker. The hardest part of the job is taking the abuse of the the other co-workers. The most enjoyable part is meeting the patients and get to know their likes and dislikes.
Pros
lunch discounts and free coffee, tea. And each year there is a free babaque, corn boil, chilli day.
Cons
bulling and sexual talk, and hurting other co-workers feelings and nothing is being done about it.
Enjoy working
Food Services Worker (Former Employee) –  Brampton, ON14 March 2013
I am applying for this position and am willing to start immediately. I am a good worker and very reliable. I have had several occupations and have gained a variety of skills relevant to the position I am applying for. I am personable and a team player who works well with others. I believe I would be an asset to your organization.
Pros
free lunches
OK place to work
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  Halifax, NS16 January 2013
There is no room for advancement.Managment was poor and unorganized
Pros
free food
Cons
everything else
fun workplace
Food Service Worker (Current Employee) –  Halifax, NS11 December 2012
It was fun working and also I got to learn a lot of new things. The co-workers are kind and the managements good.
It is a good company
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  university of Toronto14 June 2012
Operate dishwasher , washed glasses, dishes, forks, knives, washed pots, mopped and cleaned the floor. my supervisor and resident director are kind to me. The co-workers are friendly. The hardest part of the job is pushing the cart with heavy dishes. The enviroment of the workplace is safe.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
the working hour is suitable to me