Aramark Employee Reviews for Cook

Found 76 reviews matching the search See all 13,048 reviews
I love outdoors and Aramark has jobs in romote areas, which was fine for me. Enjoyed my employment with them.
Second cook (Former Employee) –  Cochrane, ON8 August 2018
Aramark is a fun and rewarding company to work for. Its fun after work, we can go exercise at the gym , or go lounge around at the lounge and chat with friends. Management is always there for us and very helpful. They train you and get you ready for your position. They have TV's in each bedroom. and free WiFi and access to phones , if need be. It's home away from home.
Pros
Having a diploma in the culinary field is very important and proper training
Cons
luck of passion food and no skills, and not willling to learn
Horrible management
Cook (Former Employee) –  Lacombe, AB3 August 2018
Managers only out for themselves, lazy, always yelling orders, poor wage for the amount you have to do. Only good thing was the hours, people always calling in sick with no consequences
Pros
Hours
Cons
Pay, management
Could use Cultural Diversity training for their Management Staff
COOK (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB10 July 2018
This company should be growing with the work related issues that appear in the media. Workplace culture should consist of different race ethnicities.
Pros
Staff lunches were good
Cons
Long hours after concerts were an issue for employees who depended on public transit
Good Place to work
Cook (Current Employee) –  Gloucester, ON14 April 2018
For a cook it is a good place to work. Monday to Friday day shifts. Benefits for medical/dental included. I moved from dishwasher to cook. The hardest part is getting everything ready for lunch time, most days.
Pros
no evening or weekends
Cons
Constantly short staffed
Chaos environment
Second Cook (Former Employee) –  Ottawa. Ontario6 March 2018
Working in the large kitchen is always chaotic and different characters of employees. Management somewhat knew what they're doing and union rules and expectations are always come into place.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
not a lot of hours due to seniority
A good kitchen to work and learn in
Full-time cook for Fresh Food Company (Former Employee) –  Ottawa, ON3 March 2018
A good kitchen to work in buffet style lots of great opportunities to learn. A good way to develop customer service skills as well. You have many options here.
Its Great
Cook (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON26 February 2018
It may be crazy at times, but its schedules are flexible, the staffs are incredible, and its enjoyable to show up at work. It is also a team effort to finish tasks at work, no one slacks off because everyone is given a task at the beginning of work. The best part is that they reward you if you work hard at the job.
Pros
friendly, work oriented, no long hours
Cons
Not easy
If you are a skilled cook with lots of experience and love the job, look somewhere else your skills will not be appreciated or utilized
1st Cook (Former Employee) –  Peterborough, ON15 February 2018
It is not a bad place to work if you are a cook looking to retire somewhere or want somewhere that can offer day time hours (rare in this industry) If you are someone who has very little or no experience in a professional kitchen but enjoy cooking at home go for it you will probably love it! However if you are a cook with a lot of previous experience and love the job and all that goes with it. This is not for you. You will not be adequately compensated for your experience or knowledge and will get paid just the same as someone with little to no experience....sad but true. The medical benefits are expensive and offer average coverage at best. You have to pay into a meal program in order to eat on your break at work, which is fine but in my case I turned it down and brought my own lunch until I noticed it was being taken off my pay anyway.
Pros
lots of positions have day-time hours
Cons
pay does not reflect experience, must pay into a program to eat at work, Benefits not worth the cost
Great day to to day job that give the ability to manage life around work
Cook (Current Employee) –  Ottawa, ON23 January 2018
Every location offers different services for their respective client. The environment with the staff, managers and customers is quiet and kind. It offers benefits, guarantees hours and a safe, clean place of employment.
good benefits, good union
COOK 1 (Former Employee) –  Kelowna, BC3 January 2018
Aramark was a busy place to work, they have good employees and management. You get to meet a lot of cool people. The only thing they could improve on is the amount of staff they have. (not enough)
very fun and productive
Cook, Cashier, inventory (Former Employee) –  Toronto, ON19 December 2017
Stand lead, cook, cashier
got to watch the bluejays game during breaks
management was a strict due to hiring young managers
hardest part of the job is trying to understand other language or by hand motions
Pros
free lunch
Cons
8 hours shift
Very good company
Cook (Former Employee) –  Montréal, QC30 November 2017
This company I am working as cook, in university hostal,,,,,I make food for informational students, all worker working like a teem. Only one problem vacation Tim thay give him unemployment papers,l
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Terrible environment. Hostile employees .
Cook (Current Employee) –  Peterborough, ON25 November 2017
Just awful. Overworked, underpaid, no training, angry staff, mismanaged, filthy kitchen, long periods between breaks, not disability friendly, questioned about bathroom breaks. There is nothing good to say about aramark.
Pros
$2 meals
Cons
Aramark
Physical labour, staff fun and likes to laugh.
Cashier, Short Order Cook, Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Waterville, NS17 October 2017
Get to know your customers eating habits, customers friendly and cheerful and appreciate employees willingness to take care of customers dietary needs.
Pros
Fun and fullfilling
Cons
Work Load
a job you want to return to
MAIN COOK/CASHIER (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB16 October 2017
Over my working career I have gone back to work for Aramark three different times. All three times have been great experiences. A fun place to work.
Good
Short Order Cook (Former Employee) –  London, ON28 September 2017
Enjoyed working for this company. I am willing to work here again and I would recommend individuals to work for this company. They had great food and service.
Fun And Challenging
Production cook (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB14 September 2017
Great working environment : clean and functional . Supportive co - workers that help each other . Superiors are part of the workload, they help . Responsibilities are given to the desired worker .
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Early shifts and long hours
good company
Second Cook / First Cook (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB13 September 2017
I like working for Aramark very much . some of the camps took to me to places ive never been . made some good friends . the work day was business as usual
nice management
Cook/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Winnipeg, MB24 August 2017
The customers were always really nice and respectful. The management here were overall really nice and treated me right. I learned how to deal and serve customers.
Pros
customers
amazing place to work for
Camp 1st cook (Current Employee) –  Fort Nelson, BC19 July 2017
my bosses were amazing they were always there when you needed them

I worked on 6 different sites they had it was awe some the amount of support they give a person
Pros
free training awesome bosses
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Aramark. Our community is ready to answer.

53.7K