Aramark

Aramark Employee Reviews for Cleaner

Cleaner26 reviews
Canada26 reviews
Fast paced Physically challenging . Management did not seem to communicate well with each other. pay raises were not consistent. Hardest part of the job was waxing certain floors in my area. I learned to accommodate my schedule to suit the clients needs. I enjoyed meeting the clients that I cleaned for.
This was a nice place to work. Kept busy. Some interaction with residents but not a lot. Was there for many years, but wanted more hours so I got a new job.
The management plainly is horrible especially the site superintendent. I worked at the Joffre site and the boss is not a people person. The culture of a work environment starts from the top down. If the top is toxic, so will the rest of the work environment. He does not know or understand how to deal with employee issues. In terms of ethics, he has minimal knowledge of it. The employees who work here have a lot of potential to make the work environment fun and stress free. However, the one who manages Aramark in Joffre simply is a dictator to say the least. I like where the company is going but the one handling the ship is not motivational or helpful. The management should be investigated in terms of unethical behaviours. I’m sure I’m not the only one who feels this way socI’m also speaking on behalf of the staff here.
Extremely poor Management. They hire persons will little to no job related experience for this position. Read all other reviews as it is the same all across North America. Like to play Power Monger everyday. Unable to understand how they still get contracts other than offering such low bids for the contracts and pay employees accordingly. Would never consider advancement in this company as I see how it is run. Many co-workers have left and we are waiting for our chance to run!!. Nothing enjoyable to report about this job as management makes it a prison everyday you work. They want people who CANNOT THINK so you will be their little minion and not speak up for yourself.
It's a do as I say, not as I do type place. They favour some staff and bully others. The boss treats you like he's still working at the pen. They make you sign confidentiality papers when the boss feels staff talk to much to eachother about what's going on at work. He tries to use the scaretatics on everyone. They took away important paper forms for online apps that don't work so you have no access to paystubs n such with no help from them to fix it. All other contractors on site know how poorly the staff of Aramark are treated. Daily you hear how bad they feel for the staff and are floored about some of the stuff management expects from cleaning staff. You get sworn and yelled at in staff meetings and put down and threatened almost daily. Happy to get as far away from that hole as possible
Pros
Mon-fri shifts
Cons
Everything else
Horrible management.
The people a Nova are backstabbing.

If you complain to your manager you might as well be talking to a wall. Nova keeps on adding anything and we as cleaners have to fit time to clean it in already tight schedule.

We as cleaners make our manager look good.

Management lying to your face

At your safety meeting lots of people didn't care.

Because it's the same stuff.

When i worked there we did have great crew.

Management soured everyone

So stay away from Aramark.
Pros
Having a job
Cons
Very poor managment
Love to work with this company. Friendly atmosphere. Don't expect too much pay. Relaxing atmosphere where you don't have to think too deeply about your surrounding.
Pros
Friendly atmosphere.
Cons
Low pay.
To start at this company, it was straight weekends and on call during the week. I soon found out, it was call you everyday. I couldn't physically work that many hours and be ready and willing to work at each phone call. 2 or 3 extra shifts a week with at least some notice would have been fine, but not everyday with no notice.
Pros
It gave me experience
Cons
too many "on-call" hours
It's a bad company, does not have good management.
The girls I work with are simply amazing. The management is horrible. They will not listen to their staff about issues, the management threatens to fire you if you don’t do them dirty little favours. If you book a holiday chances are you will get marked as absent for the whole time you are away.
Pros
Good wages good hours
Cons
I liked and enjoyed working at Aramark and i hope to go back to work for them.i like working in a Camp setting or i am flexible and enjoy working in the City as well.
Pros
Great work environment
Cons
I did not have no negative experience.
I got descent hours at the beginning. Which was nice. I got 50% off food. It was in the evening which was also good. But one thing I couldn't stand was multiple people telling me how to do a simple task. I had to work every single weekend and when I spoke up. They lessened my shifts. Then took me off the schedule. I got laid off because new management came in and got rid of all the older workers. And hired new ones. They didn't explain why I was not scheduled to work anymorw and they said you don't work today. But I knew something was up so if I didn't get my lock it would have been cut off. I got a mail telling me I was laid off. And they made me give back the uniform. That I had paid for and didn't even pay me back my money.
Pros
Cheap lunch
Cons
Disorganized
I obtained a number of work experiences through Aramark such as Safety hazards what to be aware of in cases of emergencies . I also obtained the knowledge of the many things that are involved in paper work and they're rules and regulations. I have met many interesting people along the way. I have learned so and have taken with me along the way.
Pros
Great hours
Cons
Chemical spills
Working as a janitor for Aramark in the Vallyview retirement home was really good work. I was able to do most things relatively quickly as a lot of what was required was easy to do. Other staff were friendly, and I was likewise with them.
*Management is the most unorganized thing about this place
*you never know what you will be doing next

*management needs management

hardest thing about this job, is when you have one bad worker, you are told to go and help that coworker "get their area up to par" instead of them being disciplined. bad worker has been here 4 years and still cant clean without a complaint. (it is time for other means, of help if you ask me)

*nothing is ever written in stone and we never know what we will be working into the next day. we sign for a position and get it taken back the same day

* collective agreement,basic human communication and respect..well those rules are only for the workers and not the management team
Pros
co workers
Cons
your pay wont ever reflect the work you have to do, management will bring the worst out of you, never properly train, in case of emergencies
Absolute abuse and personal attacks over created safety issues that make one feel personally threatened and psychologically very unsafe. Does this make sense anyone...bullies are able to harass other staff and management looks the other way since they employ the same tactics. It's an old boys school. New staff are ostracized belittled and fired when they protest the duress or pushed to quit.
Pros
the customers
Cons
the elementary school atmosphere before anti bulleying laws
The job was very easy and it was a warm friendly environment. I had a good relationship with my supervisor's.

The most difficult part of the job was getting to work on weekends and holidays when transit is slower due to the limited schedule. And road closures for other events in the downtown core.

The most enjoyable part of the job was as a productive employee i would get tickets to events. And discounts on food and merchandise. And meet a lot of famous people.
Pros
Vouchers for events and food
Cons
Inconsistent schedule. More work in summer less in Winter
stock cart, clean all living areas and patient rooms. Clean nurses stations ,conference room ,offices ,washrooms ,kitchenette, servery. clean , dust, disinfect all high touch areas. Sweep and mop all floors. clean and change linen's in patient rooms. clean toilets and sinks walls and mirrors in all washrooms. clean segregation room, tub room.remove all garbages replace paper towel and toilet paper as needed.
Very busy, but very fulfilling, knowing that you were doing a good job by the clients letting you know. Some days were better than others but the winters were the hardest. There was more work to to done on the floors. My co-workers were all great people and we worked as a team and when otheres needed help we would help them out.
went from room too room cleaning all area of the room for patients also cleaned hall ways and the doctors rooms
I enjoy working for Aramark and working with the other staff,we all get along great and as a whole we make an awesome team.

Having an approachable supervisor is a bonus,as you can talk to her and she listens without judgement or reproach,and offers advice
Pros
free lunches, no weekends or holidays
Cons
low salary, poor benefits