Aramark

Aramark Employee Reviews for Cashier

Cashier54 reviews
Canada54 reviews
Good place to work, kind people, responsive management, various work schedules, good balance family life / work.
No additional comment or information.
Everything is balanced in this work place .and good environment for work. Friendly understanding but if it the wage is a bit more than it will be perfect.
This is the most unorganized company I have ever worked for. Management doesn’t no what there doing. York
Region manager and supervisor sit around at the locations and do nothing but eat and drink.
Aramark has a very busy and competitive environment. As a cashier, I have to prepare food as well as deal with the transaction. There are peak times where there will be large line up and as a cashier, it is my responsibility to finish the line as quick as possible.
it is a great environment especially for students, friendly people and management is very understanding. They sell decent food in the crew room for only $5.
I enjoy working at Aramark because I really love the location I am at and the job I do. I enjoy my co-workers and the students. I do feel that after 6 years employees should get some compensation other than 21 cents above minimum wage.
ZERO advancement over the years I worked there. Management promotes their friends instead of loyal and proven employees. You will get moved around a lot, so be prepared to work with many different people.
Pros
Laid back and friendly environment
Cons
Bad management, disorganized
Managers were always arguing with each other and would also argue and make a big scene with the supervisors in front of the customers. There were many complaints to HR from the employees because of the managers.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Make you over work with no break
Excellent management with best culture at workplace and most welcoming environment for the staff and employees working there. I learned a lot about cashier'job and data entry at this oplace.
Retail job as a student. Low pay as most retail jobs but flexible hours. Found it difficult to get shifts - typical life cycle of retail work. Nothing further to report.
Can perfectly balance your time with school, life and work. Even though the job is seasonal it pays will and the job isn't that heavy. The only downside on this work is weekend shifts are mandatory.
A friendly and organized place that gives respect to every customer and worker. With good managing and excellent schedule planning. Very understanding with asking for time off.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
It was a good part time job, very fast and energetic environment with good co workers. Great lunch plan $2.00 per shift for buffet style lunch. could not complain about that!!
Pros
lunch
Cons
hours
Good place to work and management is very pleasant to work for.A big thumbs for being flexible re working hours.
Compassionate when comes to family needs.
Decent job except for the layoffs. Enjoyed working with my co-workers and had an awesome manager. Would have stayed longer had there not been so many layoffs.
This was a great work and customer experience job. Good health and dental benefits and friendly co workers who are there to help when ever you need it.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
non
i only worked weekends, but it was a fun place to work. I always got along with the students coming in to eat. Aramark would doxk your pay 2 dollars every shift but for that we got full accesses to the buffet.
It is a dis organized unit. Management does not seem to know what they are doing. Managers do not have people skills nor management skills. Issues never get resolved and the place has become a place for disgruntled employees.
Pros
Free Lunch
Cons
Inefficient Upper Management
As soon as a shift starts you automatically have to clean up after the previous shift. Kitchen is incredibly dirty. Managers don't care enough to help out when issues arise. LOTS of favoritism from management, and hardly ever promote from within despite having workers from opening day. Head office also seems to brush issues off as nothing when brought to their attention. Only enjoyable part is the other employees, they're very welcoming to new people and more than welcome to help if you're struggling.
Pros
Discounted meals, fun coworkers
Cons
Short staffed, bad managers, favoritism
.great place to work, great management, friendly teammates. Easy going, laid back.
easy work.

only thing to improve is more tasks to do when finished all required tasks
Pros
free lunch
Cons
no definite set end time
it's been one of the easiest jobs and fun jobs I've had. a great place for young people. a lot of hours. a week full of hours the next week you get off.
Pros
easy money
Cons
some managers are rude